Thread: Daggers in the Night - summary and information thread.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Default Daggers in the Night - summary and information thread.

Prologue

Sahara desert, 1100 AD.

Hunger...

The need to feed was all he could think of.

Reduced to a caged animal. Again and again he tried to open the sealed coffin. The marks were glowing, as the caged being tried to free itself. Rage, hate and... hunger. The need to feed. Unbearable.

Alim and Nikolaos looked at each other.

Alim's face expressed fear. "We should have killed him, Nikolaos. We're making a terrible mistake. He's too strong."

Nikolaos didn't say a word. With a grim expression, he kept working on the last magical seal.

A blue glowing light and a soft, tinkling sound, indicated that the last seal was in place. The marks on the coffin stopped glowing. The roaring sounds stopped. It was... silent.

"There's only one punishment for what he did: eternal suffering. Those are our laws, Alim. We are the elder. This is what we need to do."

"I disagree, Nikolaos."

Nikolaos shrugged. "We still need to seal the cave entrance." Without waiting for Alims' answer, Nikolaos turned around and went outside.

Alim followed and together they placed the seven seals; obfuscating the cave entrance, making it disappear and invisible for the human eye.

"As long as he's alive, it'll never be over," Alim said, after the work was done.

"The seals have never been opened. We're using this procedure for over 5000 years now, nobody has ever managed to break the seals, not on purpose, not on accident. He'll suffer for eternity, as he deserves."

Alim stared at the sky. "We need to hurry, it'll be dawn soon."

They mounted their horses and disappeared at the horizon.

Granada - Albaicin - 1491 AD

Alim was making preparations for his departure.

The combined forces of Aragon and Castille would arrive at Granada very soon.

He sighed and looked around. Another milestone in the history of men.

Many centuries ago, he had stopped caring about humans and their empires. Nonetheless, he felt sad about the nearing end of the last moorish bastion in his beloved Al-Andalus.

He gathered his belongings. Before leaving the patio of what had been his home for two centuries, he looked at Elvyra's body for the last time. She had served him well.

He grabbed his cloak and went outside. He had a long journey ahead of him and he wasn't exactly looking forward to it. Accepting his fate, he shrugged.

As he was walking down the alley, he heard a strange, soft noise. Instinctively, he ducked. The silver dagger planted itself in the wooden doorpost right behind where his head was half a second ago. Without paying attention to the trembling weapon, Alim jumped forward and started to run.

Tonight, he was not the hunter, but the prey. He should have known better. Running through the narrow streets of Albaicin, he feverishly started to think about a place to hide. An arrow barely missed him and he kept running. Wondering how they did find him, wouldn't help. It was too late. He had to disappear. And quickly. His senses told him that the Alhambra was behind him, so he had to go left, then right, then straight ahead and then he had to climb up the little house with the grey...

When he entered the alley, he realised his mistake. There would be no where to run. Disappearing was no longer an option.

He turned around and saw three dark figures coming near. They were breathing heavily, much to Alims' relief. Maybe, he, who hadn't breathed for ages, would still have a chance.

He jumped two meters in the air, avoiding the silver dagger thrown at him. Even before he came down, two metallic objects floated through the air. One of the dark figures fell down, the throwing knife in his throat ending his life. Another one fell on his knees.

"You won't bother me anymore, dagger," Alim said, grinning, "that knife is poisoned."

The vampire turned his gaze at the last figure.

"Now it's just you and me."

His opponent kept silent as he unsheeted his silver blade.

With his arms crossed, Alim calmly waited.

The last remaining dagger froze. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't move.

"I already fed tonight," Alim said, unsheeting his 300 year old, razor sharp scimitar.

The dagger kept staring at him as Alim came closer, moving in for the kill.

Alim struck, but his blade didn't meet flesh and bones. In the momentum of his movement, he fell on the ground.

The dagger stood behind him.

"Your magic won't work on me, Alim."

Alim turned around and looked up, his face expressing agony.

"This cannot be..."

"Apparently, you're wrong," the undead said, smiling.

Lifting up his sword, he said to Alim: "I won't make the same mistake as you."

Granada, September 2010

Sacromonte, September 14th, 2010

He was late. Looking at his watch, he kept walking, almost running. A few tourists on the road gave him a strange look. Who in his sane mind would be running up these steep streets, wearing a dark cloack and a black hat in this climate? Who was this guy? Sandeman?

The man in the weird outfit didn't care about the odd looks. He was in a hurry. Entering a narrow, steep alley, he looked around him, to see if there was noone in the vicinity. Assured that nobody had followed him, he quickly disappeared.

The cave was not very big, but there was enough room for the 35 or so dark figures, all dressed similar.

One of them looked up.

"You're late."

"Thanks for the newsflash."

The man sat down and waited. Surely, this was something big. All known daggers were gathered into this room. This was only the third time in the existence of their brotherhood of vampire hunters that a meeting this size had been called. The last time, their brotherhood had been destroyed if it wouldn't have been for a very unusual alliance with two of their preys, during the time of the Crusades.

One of those preys had been killed in this very same city, many centuries ago. None of the daggers who had caught Alim had survived the hunt, but that price had been well worth it.

A soft tinkling sound confirmed that the door had been sealed.

One of their brothers stood up.

"It's awake. And it's here, among us."

The daggers stared at their brother in shock. They all knew what this meant. The ancient evil that had been buried in 1100 had escaped its' prison. To make things worse, it had managed to infiltrate their brotherhood.

"But Nikolaos assured us that this was impossible," a sister managed to murmure.

"We made a mistake by trusting that creature."

Thanks to their excellent training, most daggers calmed down quickly. They all knew what needed to be done first now.

Welcome to my latest mafia game...

~~ Daggers in the Night ~~,

a game about vampires and vampire hunters set in present day Granada (Spain). In this game, you'll be part of a dramatic episode in the eternal struggle between the Silver Daggers (a brotherhood of vampire hunters, rumoured to be on the origin of the well known hashashins) and the cursed ones, nowadays known as vampires.

Rules:

I. Basic mafia rules

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    There are two sides in this game, each with their own goal.

Basic mafia rules apply. For those new to mafia, I'll repeat them here, for your convenience:

The daggers are the "townies" in this game.

The "townies" are the innocent people and they have to lynch the mafiosi (in this game: the Ancient Vampire and his slaves) during the day. The mafiosi have to kill a set number of townies each night. When all mafiosi are lynched, the town wins. When all townies are dead, the mafia wins.

Each day or night phase will last approximately 24 hours. This may be extended or shortened due to real life circumstances of the host (that's me).

The townies have to decide during the day by voting who will get lynched. The person with the most votes, will be lynched.

Votes have to be made like this:

Vote : Andres

When you want to switch your vote, you have to do it like this:

Unvote : Andres ; Vote : TosaInu

Please remember to BOLD YOUR VOTES! UNBOLDED VOTES WILL NOT BE COUNTED! No exceptions will be made. Also, REMEMBER TO UNVOTE BEFORE SWITCHING YOUR VOTE; if you forget to unvote, your vote switch will be ignored.

Notes:

* In this game, voting "No Lynch" will be counted as an abstain vote.
    * When a tie is reached at the end of the day, the naib (more on this role later) will decide to either a) lynch nobody; b) lynch one of those in the tie.
    * regardless of your role, you are supposed to be active in the thread. Severe inactivity (no strict rule, but you can take not posting during 3 or 4 days as a basic rule) will be dealt with by WoG ("Wrath of God") which basically means that you'll be written out of the game by the host.
    * breaking of any rule will also be dealt with by WoG and a handicap for your team.

II. Roles

Naib

The game will start with a day phase in which you cannot vote to lynch. During this first day, however, you'll have to elect the Naib.

The Naib will be your chosen leader. As long as he remains Naib, he'll have the following powers:

a) The Naib will direct the lynching effort. He will pm me how the lynch will happen (only requirement is that it needs to fit into the theme of the game (so no sharks with frickin' lasers), apart from that, anything goes) and he will also carry out the lynch (or order some other players to do the actual execution). In the event of a tie vote, the Naib will have to be pm me a) wich one (and only one) of the players tied for the most votes will be executed OR, if that is his choice, b) that nobody will be executed.
    b) The Naib cannot be lynched.
    c) The Naib cannot be night killed .
    d) Each night, the Naib has to pm me the name of one player and his/her orders for the night. The Naib will inject this player with a secret serum and he/she will carry out one of the following orders given by the Naib: a) protect one player; b) kill one player. The kill order can only be given twice during the entire game. Note: if Naib 1 gives two kill orders and is replaced later on in the game, then the new Naib will no longer be able to give a kill order. The player injected with the serum will not know that he has been chosen. However, the injection will not prevent him from doing other night actions (e.g. if one of the slaves of the Ancient (see further about these roles) gets injected, then this will not prevent him from carrying out his other night action first). The Naib is not allowed to reveal the information about his night orders in private. Revealing this information has to be done in public.
    e) The Naib will keep his function for the next 3 lynchings after his election. At the end of his mandate, new Naib elections will be held. So, Naib 1, elected day 1, will direct lynchings on day 2, 3 and 4; on day 4 there's a new election; Naib 2 (can be the same player as Naib 1) is elected on day 4, will direct lynchings on day 5, 6 and 7. As for his night abilities: Naib 1 elected at day 1, will give night orders for N1, 2, 3; Naib 2 elected at day 4, will give night orders N4, 5, 6 (so he starts giving night orders the night immediately after his election).
    f) The Naib cannot vote.
    g) The Naib is elected in the thread by an election. This has to happen into the following format:

Elect : Andres.

If you change your mind, you have to unelect first and then elect another player:

Unelect: Andres; Elect: TosaInu

These votes have also to be bolded. Unbolded will not count. If you forget to unelect, you're new election will not count.

The Ancient Vampire

Rumoured to be the first one receiving the curse in 4000 BC and to be imprisoned in the Sahara desert by Nikolaos and Alim, two of the so called Elder, at 1100 AD.

Before his imprisonement, The Ancient was the leader of all Vampires. After his removal of power, Alim and Nikolaos ruled the vampire society, until the dead of Alim, after which an era of Chaos started, which lasted until today. It is rumoured that "the Ancient" has taken control over the society of the cursed ones.

"The Ancient" is the equivalent of the "Godfather" (see: The Godfather I, II and III; a nod to Silver Rusher and GeneralHankerchief ).

At the start of the game, instead of selecting the mafia at random, I will select the Ancient Vampire (who is nameless to you, but he'll receive a nice role pm and his secret name), whose job is to PM me with the names of two other players. They will become his slaves. As long as his slaves are alive, the Ancient will not kill.

Each slave will be capable of killing one townie. When both slaves are dead (and only then), the "Ancient" will be able to kill one townie a night.

Once the slaves have been selected, day 1 with the election of the Naib will start.

The "Ancient" may or may not have other night actions or secret powers.

(one and only one) Secret Role

It's secret...

III. Specific rules.

* The dead are allowed to talk in public and in private.
    * The Naib is not allowed to do a post mortem reveal of night actions.
    * The most important rule of all:

Have Fun!

IV. Special announcement.

My "career" as a mafia player started somewhere at the beginning of 2007, with Capo I, a game I joined somewhere midgame due to special circumstances

Ever since, the Gameroom has been my most favourite part of the .Org and I have many good memories about this place. Most people I would call friends here at the .Org, I got to know in this Gameroom.

Very much to my surprise, I was asked to moderate the Gameroom in August 2007. I accepted the request. It was an honour and a priviledge to moderate this place, but above all, it was a pleasure and a very fun experience.

Now, before y'all start thinking that I'm getting old and senile with all this rambling about the past, there is something I want to make public here at the .Org and allthough the Frontroom is the most appropriate place to do this, he Gameroom has always had a special place in my heart, so I'm doing it here.

Daggers in the Night will probably be the last large mafia game I'll host at the .Org for a (very) long while.

There's no need to worry, as the reason for this is a wonderful one. If all goes well (and keep your fingers crossed for me), I'll become a father at the end of September or the first days of Oktober. This will be the start of a wonderful and exciting new life, but also a period with not much .Org time for me and certainly not enough time to host a large mafia game. I'll still be around and posting, but my activity will inevitably drop.

Consider "Daggers in the Night" my tribute to the Gameroom and my goodbye (note: not farewell) to one of the finest and greatest places of the entire internet!

Signed up (40/40)
    1. Askthepizzaguy
    2. TheFlax
    3. Niklas
    4. Renata
    5. Sasaki Kojiro
    6. Beskar
    7. Diana Abnoba
    8. Double A
    9. TinCow
    10. atheotes
    11. The Stranger
    12. GH
    13. Methos
    14. Ibn-Khaldun
    15. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    16. Romanic
    17. Captain Blackadder
    18. Csargo
    19. Jolt
    20. Psychonaut
    21. Greyblades
    22. YLC
    23. Peasant Phill
    24. Yaropolk
    25. Seon
    26. autolycus
    27. Chaotix
    28. Joooray
    29. AVSM
    30. slashandburn
    31. Kukrikhan
    32. White_Eyes:D
    33. Beefy187
    34. Secura
    35. Kagemusha
    36. Centurion1
    37. pevergreen
    38. 'khaan
    39. johnhughthom
    40. Scienter

Reserve/replacements:
    Death is yonder
    Choxorn
    civplayah
    Thermal Mercury
    ACIN
    DiamondEyes
    Last edited by Andres; 05-17-2010 at 20:51.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Default Re: Daggers in the Night - summary and information thread.

Sacromonte - Day 1

Early in the morning...

The daggers were gathered.

A centuries old bowl had been put forward and each dagger had a parchment and a pencil.

There were no ranks and no hierarchy today. There would only be discussion and at the end of the day, they would chose their leader.

Candles were lit and they started the centuries old rituals.

And... kick off! Game has now started!

Role pm's have been sent and a pm to announce the start of the game has been sent to all players.

It is now day 1. During day 1, you will elect the first Naib of the game.

Players:

1. Askthepizzaguy
    2. TheFlax
    3. Niklas
    4. Renata
    5. Sasaki Kojiro
    6. Beskar
    7. Diana Abnoba
    8. Double A
    9. TinCow
    10. atheotes
    11. The Stranger
    12. GH
    13. Methos
    14. Ibn-Khaldun
    15. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    16. Romanic
    17. Captain Blackadder
    18. Csargo
    19. Jolt
    20. Psychonaut
    21. Greyblades
    22. YLC
    23. Peasant Phill
    24. Yaropolk
    25. Seon
    26. autolycus
    27. Chaotix
    28. Joooray
    29. AVSM
    30. slashandburn
    31. Kukrikhan
    33. Beefy187
    34. Secura
    35. Kagemusha
    36. Centurion1
    37. pevergreen
    38. 'khaan
    39. johnhughthom
    40. Scienter

Day 1 will last for +/- 24 hours. Good luck and have fun
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Sacromonte - Day 1 - Conclusion

Late in the evening...

After the sounds of the heavy bickering finally stopped, the votes were counted. The name of the new Naib was announced: it was Secura. Many daggers, mostly female, nodded in agreement. Others, cursed and muttered something about the end of times and women in important positions. Another one kept rambling about strange eras and chaos, but nobody really paid attention to him.

The new Naib was the first to leave the cave. She took a deep breath of fresh air. Much needed, if you've been in a cave with smelly cavemen for too long.

For a moment, the elegant Naib allowed herself to forget the new responsibilities on her shoulders while she enjoyed the view of the Alhambra. She sighed. She was in need of a shower. And a haircut. And some new clothes to go by her new position.

Finally, after centuries of male incompetence, a woman would lead the daggers. She smiled and looked at the men and women standing behind her. She was confident that finally, the daggers would prevail.

"We've done enough for today, my dear friends. I suggest we all go to sleep now so that we can start to hunt the vampire who is among us."

The daggers bowed for their newly elected Naib and walked away, to the vibrant city of Granada.

Secura has been selected as your first Naib.

Tally:

Secura: 13 (Scienter, johnhughthom, Kagemusha, Secura, Kukrikhan, Seon, Romanic, Ibn-Khaldun, Methos, atheotes, Diana Abnoba, Renata, Niklas)

Beefy187: 5 (Beefy, AVSM, Captain Blackadder, Double A, TheFlax)
    Sasaki Kojiro: 4 (White_Eyes:D, Chaotix, TinCow, Sasaki)
    The Stranger: 3 (TS, GH, Peasant Phill)
    ATPG: 1 (ATPG)
    GH: 1 (Beskar)
    split: 1 (split)
    Romanic: 1 (pever)
    Greyblades: 1 (Greyblades)
    Kukri: 1 (Psychonaut)

abstain: 1 (YLC)
    not electing: 8 ('khaan, Centurion, slashandburn, Joooray, autolycus, Yaropolk, Jolt, Csargo)

It's now night. PM's please. Night will last for +/- 24 hours.

Alive

1. Askthepizzaguy
    2. TheFlax
    3. Niklas
    4. Renata
    5. Sasaki Kojiro
    6. Beskar
    7. Diana Abnoba
    8. Double A
    9. TinCow
    10. atheotes
    11. The Stranger
    12. GH
    13. Methos
    14. Ibn-Khaldun
    15. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    16. Romanic
    17. Captain Blackadder
    18. Csargo
    19. Jolt
    20. Psychonaut
    21. Greyblades
    22. YLC
    23. Peasant Phill
    24. Yaropolk
    25. Seon
    26. autolycus
    27. Chaotix
    28. Joooray
    29. AVSM
    30. slashandburn
    31. Kukrikhan
    33. Beefy187
    34. Secura
    35. Kagemusha
    36. Centurion1
    37. pevergreen
    38. 'khaan
    39. johnhughthom
    40. Scienter

Killed

Lynched

WoG

Ja mata, TosaInu

Night 1

autolycus didn’t know why he was here and what he was supposed to do. He, the most unlikely vampire hunter of all times. A man who, at the age of 30, still very much prefered playing silly games over the serious work of hunting vampires. And they expected him to catch the mightiest vampire?

Playful, youthful, singing and dancing through live, autolycus felt more like a happy child than a serious vampire hunter. He was pretty sure nobody would miss him.

Walking through the narrow streets of Granada, looking at the magnificent Alhambra in the moonlight, he shrugged. There were much better things in live than hunting vampires.

He had his resignation letter well prepared:

“ Dear Naib,
    “ I don’t want to hunt vampires. I want to play games! I’m sure you don’t need me to save the world. Besides, I
    " very much prefer games in which you have to conquer the world!
    “ I think my time is much better spent playing games, so it's probably best for me to just leave.
    “ Good luck to you and have fun finding vampires!
    " Yours truly,
    “ autolycus, retired vampire hunter.

He nodded to himself. That should do. A nice, short letter. He kept walking through the city, looking for a mailbox to post his official resignation letter.

Unfortunately for him, he never got to post his beautiful and well thought out letter. From out of nowhere, a poisoned silver dagger floated through the air and burried itself deeply in the flesh of his neck.

A shady figure kneeled next to the body and took back the dagger.

“I’m so sorry, but I had no choice.”

The shady figure left the scene.

Yaropolk was ready for this.

He was a true vampire hunter and a child of his time. Silver daggers were all nice and dandy, but why limit yourself to archaic weaponry, when there were machine guns and rocket launchers!

Carrying silver bullets and silver rockets was no problem for this muscled man, made out of steel. Working out was his life! He was born to kill vampires! He was ready for this battle and he was sure to enter history as the man who saved the world! The Rambo and Chuck Norris of all vampire hunters! And above all: tough and masculin!

Those ancient vampire wusses with their inferior skills were no match for this “Nouveau Chasseur de Vampires”. Yes, French. Being a child of your time doesn’t mean you can’t have style or class.

But no silver rockets tonight. No need to carry a large arsenal here, in Sacromonte at night. Two magnum .357 guns with silver bullets, five silver daggers and his superior martial arts skills would be more than enough. Yaropolk was going to the discoteca, but first he would dance the Zambra at one of the many famous caves.

During his first days here in Granada, he had noticed many good looking women. An excellent place to show his well trained body and his superior dancing skills!

Still walking down the streets of Sacromonte, he didn't notice the cloaked person following him.

When he entered a very narrow street, the cloaked figure jumped forwards and hit Yaropolk on the head with a wooden club.

"Aw! That hurts!"

The cloaked man ignored the complaints and hit Yaro a second time, in the stomache.

"This is not fair! You attacked me from behind! And you're hurting me!", Yaro said, his upset and not very masculin high voice trembling with fear.

For a brief moment, the cloaked figure looked down at his victim and then hit him plain in the face with an iron fist.

Yaropolk started to cry. "Boohoohoo! This hurts. I no longer want to be a vampire hunter! Boohoohooo!"

His attacker started shaking his head for a brief moment. Then he unsheethed a silver blade to seperate Yaropolks' head from his body.

The cloaked figure hastily disappeared into the darkness.

Day 2 - Generalife

The Silver Daggers arrived in the Generalife. Most of them fresh and eager to start a new day. Others were exhausted, namely those residing in the same hotel as the weird Dutch brother who had been talking and yelling for the entire night. While they were all waiting for the Naib to start the proceedings, some already knew who they wanted to lynch...

Naib Secura looked around and saw everybody was present.

"The situation is worse than we thought, brothers and sisters. Two of our members have been found dead in the streets of Granada. To prove their ruthlesness, our adversaries have even killed a brother who was about to retire from his duties."

Secura paused and then continued.

"It is now clear beyond doubt that we have been infiltrated."

She sighed and sat down.

The Brotherhood started to talk...

Alive (38)

1. Askthepizzaguy
    2. TheFlax
    3. Niklas
    4. Renata
    5. Sasaki Kojiro
    6. Beskar
    7. Diana Abnoba
    8. Double A
    9. TinCow
    10. atheotes
    11. The Stranger
    12. GH
    13. Methos
    14. Ibn-Khaldun
    15. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    16. Romanic
    17. Captain Blackadder
    18. Csargo
    19. Jolt
    20. Psychonaut
    21. Greyblades
    22. YLC
    23. Peasant Phill
    24. Seon
    25. Chaotix
    26. Joooray
    27. AVSM
    28. slashandburn
    29. Kukrikhan
    30. White_Eyes:D
    31. Beefy187
    32. Secura
    33. Kagemusha
    34. Centurion1
    35. pevergreen
    36. 'khaan
    37. johnhughthom
    38. Scienter

Killed (2)

autolycus
    Yaropolk

Lynched (0)

WoG (0)

It's now Day 2. You can start voting; day will last +/- 24 hours.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Day 2 - Conclusion

The day started with fierce debates. Some were more talkative than others... Some were deemed too talkative. Others refused to talk because some were too talkative.

Most just listened to the stand-up comedy radio broadcasts.

The day was nearing its' end when the votes were counted.

A quiet man, sitting in a dark corner lifted his head up in amazement when his name was mentioned. He looked a bit confused.

The Naib looked at him and said softly and gentle: "Csargo. Can you come forward, please? You know this has to be done."

In complete silence, Csargo stood up, his facial expression emotionless. He bowed for his Naib and waited patiently for what was going to happen.

Several minutes passed and nothing happened. Some daggers started to cough. The Naib seemed to wait. When more people started to cough, the Naib just turned around and started to read the interesting magazine "Good Housekeeping".

The daggers were very curious to see what their Naib had in mind for the lynch. Surely, this was going to be something special, the inspiration coming from "Good Housekeeping" and all...

Secura looked up from the magazine and switched on the television to watch a cooking program and "Extreme Make-over".

A few daggers grew impatiently. Others were wondering what this was all about? Would she housekeep the lynchee? Or would she cook him after an extreme make over? The suspense was becoming unbearable.

"Are you going to kill him through pure boredom?" one asked jokingly, but most were eagerly looking forward to the spectacle.

The Naib stayed calm, switched off the tele and started to read "Womens' Weekly", followed by "Cosmopolitan", "Vogue" and "InStyle". Sipping at her coffee, she looked at other interesting magazines...

"Hey! Are you still going to execute me or what?" Csargo said, so outraged at the lack of attention that he finally decided to speak.

Secura started to blush and stared at her feet.

"Well... Ehm, I'm sorry to say so, but I didn't prepare..."

"See! That's what you get when you put a woman in power! Cooking programs and fashion magazines, but doing some actual work, oh no! Bah!"

"Watch your tongue, you misogynist pathetic excuse for a caveman," a female dagger yelled.

"Ehm, Csargo, is it ok if I would just slice your throat?"

"I was hoping for something more exciting, but yeah, whatever," Csargo answered, hardly managing to hide his disappointment.

Secura stood up, drew here dagger and pierced it through Csargo's throat, killing him mercifully within seconds.

A man coughed. "Ehm, Naib, shouldn't you put a wooden stake through his heart or decapicate him or something like that, since, well, you know, we are looking for a vampire."

Secura blushed again.

"Oh yes, silly me. Quick before he stands up again!"

She took a wooden stake and a hammer and finished the job, be it a bit clumsy. The daggers sitting in front, didn't appreciate being covered in blood.

Embarrased, she looked at the daggers. "I'm so sorry, I'm still new at this. I promise I'll do better tomorrow." She paused. "Assuming he wasn't our vampire, of course." She giggled softly and left the cave rather quickly.

The gathered daggers felt a bit uncomfortable. One by one, they left the cave.

Tally:

Csargo: 9 (Scienter, 'khaan, Methos, GH, TS, Sasaki, Chaotix, Renata, ATPG)

The Stranger: 5 (pevergreen, YLC, TinCow, Diana Abnoba, Niklas)
    Askthepizzaguy: 2 (Greyblades, Ibn-Khaldun)
    Niklas: 2 (Beefy187, Beskar)
    Chaotix: 2 (Peasant Phill, Captain Blackadder)
    Centurion1: 2 (Romanic, atheotes)
    Sasaki Kojiro: 1 (Double A)
    Double A: 1 (Centurion1)
    splitpersonality: 1 (Kukrikhan)

abstain: 2 (TheFlax, Jolt)
    Not voting: 11 (johnhughthom, Kagemusha, Secura (Naib), White_Eyes:D, slashandburn, AVSM, Joooray, Seon, Psychonaut, Csargo, splitpersonality)

Alive (37)

1. Askthepizzaguy
    2. TheFlax
    3. Niklas
    4. Renata
    5. Sasaki Kojiro
    6. Beskar
    7. Diana Abnoba
    8. Double A
    9. TinCow
    10. atheotes
    11. The Stranger
    12. GH
    13. Methos
    14. Ibn-Khaldun
    15. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    16. Romanic
    17. Captain Blackadder
    18. Jolt
    19. Psychonaut
    20. Greyblades
    21. YLC
    22. Peasant Phill
    23. Seon
    24. Chaotix
    25. Joooray
    26. AVSM
    27. slashandburn
    28. Kukrikhan
    29. White_Eyes:D
    30. Beefy187
    31. Secura
    32. Kagemusha
    33. Centurion1
    34. pevergreen
    35. 'khaan
    36. johnhughthom
    37. Scienter

Killed (2)

autolycus
    Yaropolk

Lynched (1)
    Csargo

WoG (0)

It's now night. PM's please. Night will last for +/- 24 hours.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Night 2 - Conclusion

Centurion1 was very surprised about what had happened so far. This is not what he expected from what should be the most important event in the history of vampire hunting.

Talks about kinky sex and lesbians? Really?

What did they expect to achieve with that? Did they really expect to catch a vampire by comparing chains and whips and commenting on questionable activities?

He couldn’t believe it. What an utterly absurd situation! The world was in danger to be ruled by the cursed ones and tell the supposed saviours of mankind talked about was... kinky sex?

His angry thoughts kept him awake, so he decided to go out for a walk.

Bearing in mind what happened last night, he didn’t go out unarmed though. He took 6 silver daggers with him. It was a bit odd to walk around with a silver sword on your belt nowadays, so he hid his blade in his long leather jacket. He also wore the ancient chainmail he inherited from one of his illustrous ancestors under his clothes, and a steel hat that looked like a regular hat.

It wouldn’t be an easy task to kill him during his walk.

He left the hotel and decided to go to the Cathedral. Praying wasn't a bad thing to do when confronted with the most powerful of all vampires.

A figure wearing a dark cloak followed him silently as he left his hotel.

While he was hastily walking through a narrow street, the dark figure jumped forward and hit Centurion1 on his steel hat with a wooden club. The blow would have been lethal if it weren’t for the hat. Centurion1’s training immediately took over and he quickly drew his sword and one of his daggers. He turned around and threw the silver dagger in the direction of where the cloaked figure should have been standing.

The dagger didn’t find flesh and bones on its’ way though. Whirling around, Centurion1 kept looking out for his attacker.

In the corner of his left eye, he saw a reflection and he quickly turned that way. In front of him stood a person, wearing a dark cloak.

Centurion1 looked at his enemy.

“You look familiar.”

His enemy didn’t answer. Centurion1 attacked, but his enemy simply moved to the right. Centurion1 clumsily stumbled forward and fell. The dark figure hit him again with the wooden club. And again, and again, and again. The remarkable solid club was everywhere and it was wielded with supernatural power. The chainmail and the helmet didn’t protect him well enough and soon, Centurion1 went unconscious.

The cloaked figure paused for a while, catching his breath. The killer stepped towards the unconsious victim and drew a sword.

With a quick and clean strike, Centurion1’s head was seperated from his body.

It was a rainy night. Contrary to popular believe, southern Spain was not all about sun. Here, in the Sierra Nevada moutains, it could rain very hard.

In a narrow street of Albaicin, Chaotix found shelter against the heavy rain. He cursed.

It wasn't just the rain, but also the lack of manners...

No letter, no e-mail, no documents, not even a simple phone call to explain what he was supposed to do here. Just a dry and short notice, saying “get your over to Granada, now!”

People nowadays had no style, no class. Gone were the days when you got elaborate letters, without spelling or grammatical mistakes, a map, a book with information and gadgets to help you out on your mission.

Nothing, or “nada” as they said here. Bah. He shrugged.

While he was busy cursing and complaining and feeling self-pity, he didn’t notice the dark figure sneaking up on him.

Suddenly, a silver dagger was planted into his belly. The poison on the dagger caused a tremendous pain, but for some reason, there wasn’t enough poison on the knife and Chaotix didn’t die.

The attacker stepped forward and sighed. This one would be less easy than the previous one.

He took a deep breath and then kicked Chaotix on the head with his steel-toe boot. Chaotix moaned and he moaned even harder when the steel-toe boot hit him in the stomach, on the back and in his face, that got reduced to a bloody mess.

The attacker recollected his dagger back and stabbed Chaotix a couple of times in the neck and the chest.

When the victim was finally dead, the attacker stood up, impassive at the bloodbad. He wiped his dagger clean on Chaotix’ shirt and calmly walked away.

Day 3 - Generalife

The daggers gathered in the Generalife again.

Naib Secura waited until everybody was present.

In complete silence, she stepped forward.

"Brothers and sisters, I received sad news early this morning. Last night, two of our members got killed: Chaotix and Centurion1. We have reasons to believe that it is our foe who is behind the killings."

For a brief moment, the shocked brothers and sisters kept silent. Then they started to talk, again.

Alive (35)

1. Askthepizzaguy
    2. TheFlax
    3. Niklas
    4. Renata
    5. Sasaki Kojiro
    6. Beskar
    7. Diana Abnoba
    8. Double A
    9. TinCow
    10. atheotes
    11. The Stranger
    12. GH
    13. Methos
    14. Ibn-Khaldun
    15. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    16. Romanic
    17. Captain Blackadder
    18. Jolt
    19. Psychonaut
    20. Greyblades
    21. YLC
    22. Peasant Phill
    23. Seon
    24. Death is Yonder (replaces Joooray)
    25. AVSM
    26. slashandburn
    27. Kukrikhan
    28. White_Eyes:D
    29. Beefy187
    30. Secura
    31. Kagemusha
    32. pevergreen
    33. 'khaan
    34. johnhughthom
    35. Scienter

Killed (4)

autolycus
    Yaropolk
    Chaotix
    Centurion1

Lynched (1)
    Csargo

WoG (0)

It is now day. You can start voting. Deadline for voting is exactly 24 hours starting from the time stamp of this post. Lynch write-up may be a little later.

Annoucement:

Death is yonder will replace Joooray.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Day 3 - Conclusion

The brotherhood discussed and there was some tension.

The crazy Dutchman was still talkative, but people didn’t pay as much attention to it anymore as they seemed to start getting used to it.

Several Daggers were being suspected. There was a man who was a farmer in his free time, herding a remarkable breed of metallic cattle. Some deemed that to be very suspicious. Others carried the name of long forgotten Japanese warlords, but most attention was drawn towards the guy who always provided them with pizza’s at noon.

Surely, he had something to do with it? With his poisoned pizza’s that made people suffer from the rare text diarrhea disease! What a charlatan! And he knew very well that his pizza’s were rubbish, why else would he offer himself to be lynched? Surely, this behaviour must have been caused by feelings of guilt!

Even if it wasn’t him, he deserved to die, the man with the metalic cattle said. Another one, looking pevery green after his second slice of pizza of the day, agreed with the statement.

And so the debates continued.

Finally, the Naib stood up and asked people to be silent.

She looked at her notes.

“It seems like you have chosen Askthepizzaguy.”

“So it seems,” ATPG said, accepting his fate.

Secura walked towards an object, covered under a sheet.

“I saw this in one of those magazines,” she said, reaching for the sheet and with one movement she uncovered a comfortable dark red sofa.

“Please, Pizzaguy, sit down,” she said.

ATPG took place in the sofa. At the very moment he sat down, hand cuffs and a seatbelt automatically came out of the sofa, making a soft buzzing sound. Within 3 seconds, he was tied onto the sofa and couldn’t move.

“We’ll make this as painless as possible, after all, we’re not savages or cavemen, but refined and classy vampire hunters!” Secura said.

Calmly, she opened a little box. She took out a syringe and walked towards ATPG.

“First, we’ll give you a painless injection.”

“But I hate needles!” ATPG yelled and he started to cry. “This got to be the most cruel execution ever! Boohoohoo! Sadist!”

Secura looked a bit surprised.

“I’m truly sorry, but this was listed n° 1 in the timeless top 100 of painless execution methods.”

“Boohoohoo. This will be so painful. Boohoohoo.”

“Oh, don’t be such a wuss,” Secura said, and she stepped forward.

While ATPG kept yelling and screaming, she put the needle in his arm and injected the lethal substance.

Instantly, ATPG went silent.

“Since we’re possibly dealing with a vampire, a wooden stake will have to be put into his heart.The lynchee also needs to be decapacitated. As you can see, ladies and gentlemen, the color of the sofa has been chosen wisely, if I may so myself. The blood will be invisible on this color, so the sofa can be used for other executions as well.”

The ladies and gentlemen nodded in approval. Their membership money wouldn’t be wasted by this Naib!

“Good, I need someone who is good with a blade. Mister Kojiro, are you as good as your name suggests?”

“But of course! I’m even better !”

“Ok then, cut of his head and put a wooden stake into his heart, then.”

With an important expression on his face, Sasaki slowly walked forward, unsheeted his katana and struck.

“My sofa!” Secura yelled.

“Ehm, sorry, I was a bit too enthusiastic.”

Another blow with the katana and there went another part of the sofa to oblivion.

Secura stared at the supposed swordsmaster.

Sasaki got frustrated and started to stab, hit and strike fiercely with his blade, hitting about everything but the lynchee’s neck.

Two hours later, an exhausted Sasaki finally got lucky and Pizza’s head floated through the air.

“You see! I can do it! I’m a real swordsmaster! W00t!” Sasaki started to jump around and making victory dances.

Secura stared impatiently at the wannabe samurai.

“What?”

“The wooden stake, please?”

“Oh yes, of course mylady.”

Sasaki stood up and grabbed a vacuum cleaner. He walked towards ATPG's remnants and yelled: “But, how am I supposed to put a stake through his heart with a vacuum cleaner?”

“I don’t know,” Secura said.

Sasaki started shaking his head, put down the vacuum cleaner and grabbed the stake.

“There’s a hammer,” Secura said.

“REAL SWORDSMEN DON’T NEED NO HAMMER!”

Sasaki stepped towards what was left of Pizza's body and tried to press the stake into his heart with his hands.

“Umph, grmph, ugh,” Sasaki said. Then he continued with: “Grrr! Hmmph! Aargh! Uphm!”

Then he tried to punch the stake into Pizzaguy’s heart with his fists.

“Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!”

“Oh, for Van Helsings’ sake, use a hammer, man!”

A bit ashamed, Sasaki took the hammer, placed the stake so that it pointed at Pizza’s heart and hit ATPG’s shoulder with the hammer.

“Ehm, that was my intention, he was still moving!”

“Really?”

Sasaki ignored the question and hit the shoulder again. After about 30 attempts, he finally hit the stake, but he clumsily let loose and it pierced through ATPG’s stomach.

Sasaki pulled out the stake, but not without falling backwards. He stood back up and looked at the brotherhood.

“This was all for practice, now I’m going to put the stake into the heart for real. Watch very carefully how I, a true master…”

“No, enough of this,” Secura said. She grabbed the hammer and the stake and with one blow, pierced it through ATPG’s heart.

The brotherhood looked at their Naib in silence.

"Very well done, my pupil!" Sasaki said, very seriously. Secura simply stared at him.

“Let’s hope this was our vampire and that we will no longer have to perform executions,” she said, gazing at Sasaki who was still standing there, being proud of his swordsmaster skills and nodding at Secura to approve of her skills, as if he was an expert on the matter.

”I suggest you all try to get some sleep and I strongly advice you not to go out walking at night, as it appears that the streets are not safe for us. Good night all.”

Secura turned around and walked away.

Tally:

Askthepizzaguy: 7 (pevergreen, Jolt, johnhughthom, TinCow, atheotes, The Stranger, Sasaki Kojiro)

Beskar: 3 (YLC, Beefy187, Beskar)
    Niklas: 2 (Renata, Scienter)
    TinCow: 2 (Niklas, ATPG)
    TheFlax: 1 (Death is yonder)
    Double A: 1 (GeneralHankerchief)
    YLC: 1 (Romanic)
    Death is yonder: 1 (Ibn-Khaldun)
    slashandburn: 1 (White_Eyes:D)
    White_Eyes:D: 1 (Kukrikhan)
    Kagemusha: 1 (Peasant Phill)
    pevergreen: 1 (Diana Abnoba)
    Scienter: 1 (Psychonaut)

not voting: 12 ('khaan (missed deadline), Greyblades (missed deadline), Secura (Naib), Kagemusha, slashandburn, AVSM, Seon, Captain Blackadder, splitpersonality, Methos, Double A, TheFlax)

Alive (34)

1. TheFlax
    2. Niklas
    3. Renata
    4. Sasaki Kojiro
    5. Beskar
    6. Diana Abnoba
    7. Double A
    8. TinCow
    9. atheotes
    10. The Stranger
    11. GH
    12. Methos
    13. Ibn-Khaldun
    14. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    15. Romanic
    16. Captain Blackadder
    17. Jolt
    18. Psychonaut
    19. Greyblades
    20. YLC
    21. Peasant Phill
    22. Seon
    23. Death is Yonder (replaces Joooray)
    24. AVSM
    25. slashandburn
    26. Kukrikhan
    27. White_Eyes:D
    28. Beefy187
    29. Secura
    30. Kagemusha
    31. pevergreen
    32. 'khaan
    33. johnhughthom
    34. Scienter

Killed (4)

autolycus
    Yaropolk
    Chaotix
    Centurion1

Lynched (2)
    Csargo
    Askthepizzaguy

WoG (0)

It is now night. PM's please. Night will last for +/- 23 hours

Ja mata, TosaInu

Night 3 - Conclusion

Ibn-Khaldun
    was glad to be back in his comfortable hotel room after the turbulent execution of that day. He really needed to relax, so he decided to take a hot and steamy shower.

Much to his surprise, he saw a pack of cigarettes on the floor of the bathroom, and lighter, next to it. He quit smoking years go, so this couldn't be his. Maybe one of the maids lost it while cleaning the room?

He shrugged, picked up the pack of cigarettes and the lighter and waited. The temptation was strong. Too strong. Too bad he had a non smoking room. Smoking was also not allowed in the public areas of the hotel, so he had to go outside.

Unable to resist, he took his jacket and went outside for a smoke. Right next to the entrance of the hotel, there was an alley with an ashtray, placed there for the convenience of the hotel guests. There was noone else.

Ibn-Khaldun lit his cigarette and inhaled the smoke deeply. Surprisinly, he didn't feel bad, allthough it had been ages ago he had smoked. He figured he had a natural talent for smoking.

A minute or two later, a figure wearing a dark cloak came nearby.

"Hi," Ibn-Khaldun said to the newcomer.

The newcomer simply nodded and reached for his pocket.

Just as Ibn-Khaldun was about to finish his cigarette, the man quickly drew a wooden club and hit him on the head.

The blow caused Ibn-Khaldun to go unconscious.

The cloaked figure put away his club and calmly drew a sword. He quickly beheaded Ibn-Khaldun and left the scene, after taking back his pack of cigarettes and lighter.

Psychonaut was sitting in his hotel room when the phone rang.

Immediately after he picked up, a soft voice spoke to him.

"Come to the Alhambra, now."

"Who is this?"

"I know about the Ancient one and the hunt. That should do."

Psychonaut was still suspicious. "The Naib told us not to go outside."

The person on the other side of the line sighed.

"There's a rental car waiting for you at the entrance of your hotel. The keys are at the reception."

Before Psychonaut could say something, communication was broken.

Either this was genuine or it was a trap. But if it was a trap, he would be prepared. Maybe this was his chance to catch the vampire.

He put on his equipment and took a few extra weapons with him: three handgrenades, a submachine gun with silver bullets and a second sword.

At the reception, he collected the keys and went outside looking for the rental car.

Right in front of the entrance, stood a black Mercedes.

"Nice!", Psycho said.

He walked towards the car and got in. He adjusted the mirror and his seat before switching the key to start the car.

The awful explosion woke up Granada...

Day 4

A bit later than usual, the last daggers arrived at the Generalife.

Secura put down her cup of coffee and stood up.

"We lost two more vampire hunters last night: Ibn-Khaldun and Psychonaut. It seems like both ignored my advice to stay in their hotel rooms. They paid with their lives for it."

Secura paused for a while and shrugged.

"It seems like our enemy is still among us, so let's get back to voting."

Before sitting down in her armchair, Secura seemed to remember something.

"Hmm, we'll also have to elect a new Naib. Or you could confirm me in the position. It's all up to you."

Alive (32)

1. TheFlax
    2. Niklas
    3. Renata
    4. Sasaki Kojiro
    5. Beskar
    6. Diana Abnoba
    7. Double A
    8. TinCow
    9. atheotes
    10. The Stranger
    11. GH
    12. Methos
    13. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    14. Romanic
    15. Captain Blackadder
    16. Jolt
    17. Greyblades
    18. YLC
    19. Peasant Phill
    20. Seon
    21. Death is Yonder (replaces Joooray)
    22. AVSM
    23. slashandburn
    24. Kukrikhan
    25. White_Eyes:D
    26. Beefy187
    27. Secura
    28. Kagemusha
    29. pevergreen
    30. 'khaan
    31. johnhughthom
    32. Scienter

Killed (6)

autolycus
    Yaropolk
    Chaotix
    Centurion1
    Ibn-Khaldun
    Psychonaut

Lynched (2)
    Csargo
    Askthepizzaguy

WoG (0)

It is now day. You can start voting. Day will last for +/- 24 hours.

You will also have to elect a Naib today.

Note : some people are getting close to being WoG'ed/replaced.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Day 4 - Conclusion

The day was coming to an end and voting was concluded.

Before announing the name of the lynchee, Secura humbly bowed before the gathered daggers and offered her resignation. She suggested to elect their honorable sister, Renata. Allthough some daggers had more trust in the man who changed his name as frequently as others changed their underwear, most trusted Secura’s suggestion.

Before handing over the position of Naib to her beloved sister, Secura did the vote count for the last time.

She looked at the very talkative Dutch guy. The strange dagger looked back. For once, he was silent. The Naib looked down at her notes again.

Seon, please come forward,” she said.

Seon came forward, a worried expression on his face.

Secura nodded. "Indeed, it is you."

"Ha! I'm not scared!" a pale looking Seon said, trembling and shaking all over his body.

"Apparently, your own vote was the deciding vote."

Seon laughed hysterically.

“As you may know, the Moors who built this magnificent building, used water as an element to bring harmony and piece. Could you please bow down in front of this pool, dear Seon.”

"See if I care!" Seon said, still laughing hysterically; but he did as was told.

With a strength most people did not expect from this lovely looking woman, Secura put Seons' head under the water, stopping his laughter very suddenly, and kept it in that position with a strong grip. Seon struggled to free himself, but Secura was stronger. After a few moments, Seon stopped moving.

Secura dragged him out of the water and walked towards a tree; a rope was placed on its' foot.

She looked at Sasaki, opened her mouth, paused for a while and then picked up the piece of rope herself. In no time, she had Seon hanging on a branch of the tree. Sasaki nodded approvingly.

Wiping out the sweat of her forehead, Secura sat down.

“Time for tea,” she said, seemingly exhausted from the hard work.

The daggers waited patiently. 15 minutes later, Secura stood up and cut Seon loose.

“Sasaki, can I have your sword, please?”

“Of course, mylady.”

Much to the daggers' surprise he drew his katana in one fluid movement and reached Secura without stumbling.

“Thank you,” the Naib said.

She walked towards the very silent Seon and beheaded him. She finished the job with a wooden stake through his heart.

“Are you sure he’s dead?” one of the daggers asked, a wee bit of sarcasm in his voice.

Secura ignored the comment and bowed for the daggers.

“It has been a pleasure to be your Naib, but I’m sure Renata will do a much better job.”

And so, another day ended.

Tally

Lynch:

Seon : 8 (Death is yonder, Seon, Peasant Phill, The Stranger, GeneralHankerchief, Romanic, Captain Blackadder,Renata)

The Stranger : 7 (Scienter, pevergreen, Kagemusha, YLC, TinCow, Beskar, Niklas)
    Greyblades: 2 ('khaan, White_Eyes:D)
    Niklas: 1 (Kukrikhan)
    Sasaki: 1 (Jolt)
    splitpersonality: 1 (TheFlax)
    Jolt: 1 (Sasaki)

abstain: 3 (atheotes, Greyblades, splitpersonality)
    not voting: 8 (Secura (Naib), johnhughthom, Beefy187, Methos, AVSM, slashandburn, Double A, Diana Abnoba)

Election:

Renata: 16 (TheFlax, Niklas, Sasaki, Renata, Romanic, atheotes, split, Captain Blackadder, DiY, GreyBlades, YLC, Seon, Kukri, Secura, Kage, Scienter)

'khaan: 7 ('khaan,White_Eyes:D, Peasant Phill, Jolt, TinCow, The Stranger, GeneralHankerchief)
    DiY: 2 (Beskar, pevergreen)

not voting: 7 (AVSM, slashandburn, Beefy187, johnhuhghthom, Diana Abnoba, Methos, Double A)

Alive (31)

1. TheFlax
    2. Niklas
    3. Renata
    4. Sasaki Kojiro
    5. Beskar
    6. Diana Abnoba
    7. Double A
    8. TinCow
    9. atheotes
    10. The Stranger
    11. GH
    12. Methos
    13. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    14. Romanic
    15. Captain Blackadder
    16. Jolt
    17. Greyblades
    18. YLC
    19. Peasant Phill
    20. Death is Yonder (replaces Joooray)
    21. AVSM
    22. slashandburn
    23. Kukrikhan
    24. White_Eyes:D
    25. Beefy187
    26. Secura
    27. Kagemusha
    28. pevergreen
    29. 'khaan
    30. johnhughthom
    31. Scienter

Killed (6)

autolycus
    Yaropolk
    Chaotix
    Centurion1
    Ibn-Khaldun
    Psychonaut

Lynched (3)
    Csargo
    Askthepizzaguy
    Seon

WoG (0)

It is now night. PM's please. Night will last for +/- 23 hours.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Night 4 - Conclusion

Sasaki Kojiro was sitting in his hotel room, burning copies of Miyamoto Mushashi’s “The Book of Five Rings”, his favourite hobby.

While he was enjoying the heat, he heard the noise of something being thrown against his window.

He carefully stood up and with one sudden movement, opened the window. He saw nothing.

When closing the window, he noticed a package on the balcony. He walked over to the package and opened it.

It was a copy of “The Book of Five Rings”.

“WAAAAA!” Sasaki said, and he stormed back into his room. “Must burn!”

He threw the book in the fireplace and calmed down.

What strange people, these inhabitants of Granada, throwing idiotic books against peoples’ windows.

Remembering that he had left his window open, he stood up to close it, when he saw a dark cloaked figure standing on his balcony. The figure had a bokken in his hand.

Sasaki charged, but the attacker simply stepped aside, jumped into the hotelroom and closed the bulletproof unbreakable window, leaving Sasaki standing outside on the balcony.

The dark cloaked figure placed an hourglass in Sasaki’s sight and then walked further into the room.

“Hmmm, I guess we’ll fight our duel once all the sand has run to the bottom bulb.”

Sasaki waited patiently until all the sand was in the bottom bulb. At that moment, he stood up and drew his katana.

The dark cloaked figure didn’t show up.

Sasaki grew very impatient and started running circles on his balcony.

“Why does it take so long? This is rude!”

Suddenly, the figure appeared behind the window and walked towards the hourglass to turn it around again. The cloaked person disappeared.

Barely resisting the temptation to start yelling out his frustration, Sasaki sat down and watched the hourglass. He would have attempted to break his own window, but it was a special, bulletproof window, unbreakable, so he had no choice but to wait.

And again, the dark cloaked figure didn’t show up on time.

Sasaki started to hit the window with his fists in a fruitless attempt to get in the hotelroom to start the duel.

Suddenly, the dark cloaked figure appeared and turned the hourglass again.

Sasaki really went mad and started to punch and kick on the unbreakable window, screaming obscenities like "Heineken", "Amstel" and "Crystal Alken".

The dark cloaked figure appeared again and Sasaki could hear him laughing.

With a sudden movement, the assassin opened the window and Sasaki, who was still punching with all his strenght, stumbled forward and fell on his forehead.

The dark cloaked figure simply hit Sasaki with the bokken, causing a severe skull infraction. A second blow broke his neck.

Bursting out in laughter, the dark cloaked figure left the scene, but not before leaving a copy of “The Book of Five Rings” on Sasaki's body.

Yaseikhaan opened his eighteenth bottle of beer. What else was there to do when you were forced to stay in your hotel room.

He stumbled around a bit and drank out the bottle. He walked to the refrigerator only to see that it was empty.

"Mmm...", 'khaan said and he started to think, which wasn't an easy task, given his condition.

"'tis an emerzenfy, so I'm allowed to get ou... ffff," 'khaan spit a few times on the floor, "to get out. Emergenzy, yes."

He walked over to the closet were he kept his equipment and dressed for the night.

The Guardia Civil would certainly have arrested him in this condition, if it weren't for a person standing in the shadows of a narrow alley.

The person stept forward, blocking 'khaans' path.

"Out of my way!" 'khaan yelled. "Zis is an emervenfy!"

The person kept silent.

"You're dead!" 'khaan yelled. "I'm a pampire vunter!"

'khaan drew his toothbrush. He looked at the object in amazement and started to laugh.

"Hahahahaha! A toothbrush! What was I'm going zo voo with a toothbrssssh," he stumbled and collapsed on the floor.

Rolling over the floor he kept laughing, staring at the toothbrush in his hand.

After a couple of minutes he came to his senses and saw that the dark figure was still watching him.

"Hmmm. Yes." 'khaan said, and he stood up.

Slowly, he drew one of his daggers and he crawled forwards towards the dark figure.

The figure stepped aside, waving with his cloak and yelled "Olé!"

'khaan looked at the figure. "You phtink you're funny, eh? Toothbrush funny, olé not funny. Poor bulls getting killed!" 'khaan said angry and he "attacked" again.

The figure made the same movement saying "Olé" again.

'khaan stared at him, a troubled expression on his face.

"Poor bulls!" he yelled and he started to cry uncontrollable, letting his dagger slip out of his hands, on the floor.

"Boohoohooo! They kill bulls! Poor bulls! Evil men! Savages! Boohoohooo! Why am I so drunk?"

The dark figure stepped forward, wielding a wooden club.

The killer quickly hit the crying vampire hunter on the head, unsheeted a sword and decapacitated the man with 6 names.

Day 5

The new Naib watched how the daggers arrived in the Generalife.

When all were present, Renata stood up from her comfortable chair and immediately addressed the crowd.

"We lost two of our finest men last night. Our brother 'khaan apparently ignored the advice to stay in his hotel and got killed in a dark alley. Rumour has it that he was drunk. Mister Kojiro was killed in his hotel room, holding his favourite book in his hands."

"Let's try to find the vampire among us, shall we?"

Alive (29)

1. TheFlax
    2. Niklas
    3. Renata
    4. Beskar
    5. Diana Abnoba
    6. Double A
    7. TinCow
    8. atheotes
    9. The Stranger
    10. GH
    11. Methos
    12. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    13. Romanic
    14. Captain Blackadder
    15. Jolt
    16. Greyblades
    17. YLC
    18. Peasant Phill
    19. Death is Yonder (replaces Joooray)
    20. AVSM
    21. Choxorn
    22. Kukrikhan
    23. White_Eyes:D
    24. Beefy187
    25. Secura
    26. Kagemusha
    27. pevergreen
    28. johnhughthom
    29. Scienter

Killed (8)

autolycus
    Yaropolk
    Chaotix
    Centurion1
    Ibn-Khaldun
    Psychonaut
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Yaseikhaan

Lynched (3)
    Csargo
    Askthepizzaguy
    Seon

WoG (0)

It's now day. You can start voting.

Announcement: Choxorn will replace slashandburn.
    Last edited by Andres; 05-17-2010 at 20:59.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Day 4 - Conclusion

There wasn't much discussion that day, since the brotherhood quickly decided that GeneralHankerchief had to be the murdering vampire.

The new Naib Renata looked at the condemned General.

"Do you have anything to say in your defence?"

"Nope," GeneralHankerchief said.

"Absolutely nothing?"

GeneralHankerchief looked back at the Naib, a melancholic look in his eyes.

Silently, he muttered: "I wish I had done better. Maybe I've been going on hunting vampires for too long."

"A burn-out, as they call it?" Renata said, a mysterious smile on her face.

"Yeah, sort of," GH replied.

"What a coincidence!" Renata exclaimed. "What a fitting lynching method I have in mind for you, then."

With a wide gesture, Renata revealed a pile of wood with a stake on top of it.

"I was getting a bit bored of the decapacitating and wooden stakes, so why not trying another traditional method! Burning you at the stake! I'm sure you can appreciate the irony," Renata said, enthusiastically nodding at the General.

"Well, ehm, I was hoping for something less painful."

"Oh now," Renata replied, a bit disappointed. "Certainly you, being burned-out, can appreciate this, can't you? Don't worry, we'll pour enough gasoline on you so that you will burn, in spite of your burned-outness!"

Renata giggled, but soon stopped when she noticed GH didn't appreciate the awful joke.

"Ehm, ok," Renata said and then she ordered four daggers to tie GH up and to pour gasoline on him.

The General was standing on the pile of wood, staring in the distance with a melancholic look in his eyes and a sad smile on his face, as if he already had said goodbye to this place. Calmly, he looked down at the brotherhood. "Don't worry, one day all will be well again. Maybe it's for the best that I'm leaving you now."

Some daggers wept a tear away when looking at their beloved GeneralHankerchief, standing so bravely on the pile of woods in his last moments.

"Come on now! Let's not ruin the spectacle by being sad! This is going to be fun!" Renata yelled and she threw a burning torch in the Generals' direction, setting the pile on fire.

GeneralHankerchief just kept smiling rather sadly as he silently got engulfed by the flames. Only at the last moments, the brave man lost his selfcontrol and started to scream while the flames were eating him alive.

Soon, it was silent again, and only ashes were left.

Renata clapped her hands.

"Now that we're all warmed-up, we can go to bed. See you all tomorrow!"

Tally

GeneralHankerchief : 10 (pevergreen, Secura, Scienter, Beefy187, Choxorn, AVSM, Jolt, Diana, Methos, atheotes)

TinCow: 3 (Niklas, The Stranger, GeneralHankerchief)
    White_Eyes:D: 3 (TheFlax, Kukri, Romanic)
    atheotes: 2 (YLC, DiY)
    Captain Blackadder: 1 (Beskar)
    Jolt: 1 (TinCow)
    AVSM: 1 (Captain Blackadder)

abstain: 1 (splitpersonality)
    not voting: 7 (White_Eyes:D, Kagemusha, johnhughthom, Peasant Phill, GreyBlades, Renata (Naib), Double A)

Alive (28)

1. TheFlax
    2. Niklas
    3. Renata
    4. Beskar
    5. Diana Abnoba
    6. Double A
    7. TinCow
    8. atheotes
    9. The Stranger
    10. Methos
    11. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    12. Romanic
    13. Captain Blackadder
    14. Jolt
    15. Greyblades
    16. YLC
    17. Peasant Phill
    18. Death is Yonder
    19. AVSM
    20. Choxorn
    21. Kukrikhan
    22. White_Eyes:D
    23. Beefy187
    24. Secura
    25. Kagemusha
    26. pevergreen
    27. johnhughthom
    28. Scienter

Killed (8)

autolycus
    Yaropolk
    Chaotix
    Centurion1
    Ibn-Khaldun
    Psychonaut
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Yaseikhaan

Lynched (4)

Csargo
    Askthepizzaguy
    Seon
    GeneralHankerchief

WoG (0)

Ja mata, TosaInu

Night 5 - Conclusion

Allthough it might seem odd given the situation of the Brotherhood of the Silver Daggers, Peasant Phill was a happy man.

He came to Granada, because he couldn't ignore the urgent call, but if it would have been up to him and him alone, he would have stayed home.

Indeed, it was an excellent summer and he had been enjoying watching the wheat on his farm grow to unseen heights. But it wasn't just the growing wheat that made him happy. No, the main reason for his happines was his engagement. Yes, Peasant Phill was going to marry the most beautiful, intelligent and funny woman on this planet! He sighed and smiled, a dreamy look on his face; surely, he was the happiest man in the world. Hoping that this vampire would be caught soon, he picked up the phone to call his fiancé, like he did every single day.

While he was dialing the number, he didn't see the cloaked figure sneaking up on him.

Phill was patiently waiting for his soon to be wife to pick up the phone, when the wooden club hit him hard on the back of his head.

Dizzy, at the verge of unconsciousness, our unfortunate young man tried to find his silver daggers when the sword already struck, seperating his head from his body.

The killer looked at the body of Phill, when suddenly, he heard a voice...

"Hello! Hello? Is that you, Phill? Please answer me! This is not funny, Phill, you know I'm always so worried, please, say something."

The attacker picked up the horn and put it back on the hook, showing no emotion at the tragedy that had just happened.

Silently, the murderer left the scene.

Death is yonder was sitting in his hotel room, feverishly looking for his books when he suddenly realised he didn't have to study anymore! He laughed at his sillyness; months of exams and studying hadn't done him much good. It was over and he passed, no need to worry about that anymore!

He relaxed a bit and opened the refrigerator. He picked the bottle of whisky and poured a rather generous portion into his glass. He put the bottle back in the fridge and then lifted the glass at himself, in the mirror. He emptied the glass rather quickly and put it down again. He looked up and saw a dark person in the mirror, standing behind him.

He turned around fast, aiming his fist for the intruders' stomache, but he missed.

DiY looked around, but saw nobody.

"This is not possibl..."

Before he could finish his sentence, a knife slit his throat. The killer stepped forward and put the knife through DiY's right eyeball, right into his brains. Finally, the attacker kicked him on his head a few times with his steel toe boots, until DiY's face was reduced to a bloody pulp.

The attacker calmly left the room, but not without taking the excellent bottle of scotch.

Day 6

Renata was waiting impatiently for the daggers to arrive.

This lack of professionalism irritated her. An hour too late!

Staring at the last one to arrive, Renata started her report.

"We lost two more men last night. Our dear friend Peasant Phill, who was having an excellent year at his farm and was about to marry, has been cruelly taken away from us. Death is yonder, who never got to read the letter from his university stating that he didn't just pass his exams, but passed magna cum laude, was also killed.

Our enemy is heartless and clearly doesn't hesitate to kill young, promising men who still have their entire life before them.

I suggest we talk alot more than the previous days, and much more intensively. We NEED to find this foul creature before it kills the last one of us."

That said, Renata sat down and the daggers began the day.

Alive (26)

1. TheFlax
    2. Niklas
    3. Renata
    4. Beskar
    5. Diana Abnoba
    6. Double A
    7. TinCow
    8. atheotes
    9. The Stranger
    10. Methos
    11. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    12. Romanic
    13. Captain Blackadder
    14. Jolt
    15. Greyblades
    16. YLC
    17. AVSM
    18. Choxorn
    19. Kukrikhan
    20. White_Eyes:D
    21. Beefy187
    22. Secura
    23. Kagemusha
    24. pevergreen
    25. johnhughthom
    26. Scienter

Killed (10)

autolycus
    Yaropolk
    Chaotix
    Centurion1
    Ibn-Khaldun
    Psychonaut
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Yaseikhaan
    Peasant Phill
    Death is yonder

Lynched (4)

Csargo
    Askthepizzaguy
    Seon
    GeneralHankerchief

WoG (0)

It is day. You can vote now. Day will last for +/- 24 hours.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Day 6 - Conclusion

Renata was filing her nails when they dragged White_eyes:D to her.

"Another one?" she asked, bored. "What'd this one do?"

"Nothing much," said TheFlax. "Only five of us voted for him."

"Five?" questioned the Naib incredulously. "Five? That is truly pathetic. I should let him go and kill the rest of you. Where are the days of the massive bandwagons? In my days, people who got lynched at least had 547 votes. Gah, these modern times."

TheFlax eyed the way Renata was holding her nail file and backed away nervously.

Renata sighed. "Very well then. White_eyes, you shall at least have a fitting death. Perfectly appropriate to your crimes."

White_eyes:D, held firmly between two burly daggers, felt a trickle down his spine. Renata didn't look so bored anymore.

"Hmmm ", Renata seemed to be in deep thoughts.

"Aha!" "Or maybe, not....

"Wait, I'll have to look...," Renata said.

"Got it, got i!"

"It's about time," White_Eyes:D responded

:

Renata ignored White_Eyes:D anger and opened a nearby closet.

"Aha! There it is."

Holding a double bladed axe in her hand, she stepped forward.

Renata gave a sign and four strong daggers stepped forward, forcing White:Eyes:D to kneel and tying him so that his head was on a block of wood.

With one mighty blow, Renata seperated White_Eyes:D head from his body

Renata cleaned the axe with a piece of cloth and bowed to the daggers, as a sign that the day was over

Tally:

White_Eyes:D: 5 (TinCow, atheotes, Romanic, TheFlax, Diana Abnoba)

Beskar: 2 (Captain Blackadder, The Stranger)
    The Stranger: 2 (Beskar, Choxorn)
    Romanic: 2 (White_Eyes:D, Beefy187)
    Beefy187: 2 (Jolt, pevergreen)
    Kagemusha: 2 (YLC, Secura)

Not voting: 11 (Renata (Naib), Niklas, Double A, Methos, splitpersonality, GreyBlades, AVSM, Kukrikhan, johnhughthom, Kagemusha, Scienter)

Alive (25)

1. TheFlax
    2. Niklas
    3. Renata
    4. Beskar
    5. Diana Abnoba
    6. Double A
    7. TinCow
    8. atheotes
    9. The Stranger
    10. Methos
    11. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    12. Romanic
    13. Captain Blackadder
    14. Jolt
    15. Greyblades
    16. YLC
    17. AVSM
    18. Choxorn
    19. Kukrikhan
    20. Beefy187
    21. Secura
    22. Kagemusha
    23. pevergreen
    24. johnhughthom
    25. Scienter

Killed (10)

autolycus
    Yaropolk
    Chaotix
    Centurion1
    Ibn-Khaldun
    Psychonaut
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Yaseikhaan
    Peasant Phill
    Death is yonder

Lynched (5)

Csargo
    Askthepizzaguy
    Seon
    GeneralHankerchief
    White_Eyes:D

WoG (0)

Ja mata, TosaInu

Night 6 - Conclusion

The moon was shining over the Alhambra.

Standing in the dark, on the small balcony of his hotelroom, enjoying the magnificent scenery, YLC sipped from his coffee. Such a beautiful city, such a rich history, he simply couldn't get enough of it. And the food! An endless variety of tapas; eating in Andalusia never gets boring. YLC regretted the circumstances under which he had to be here.

His cup was empty and he decided to go inside. He closed the window and switched on the light. Looking for the latest manual on vampire hunting, YLC sighed. He didn't feel like reading. He wasn't in the mood to concentrate and read boring work related literature.

He put the book back on the shelve, switched out the lights again, picked the bottle of sherry and a glass and went back to his balcony, to sit down and enjoy the magnificent view.

While he was drinking and just sitting there, he slowly got carried away by sweet dreams and fantasies about medieval times, the Moorish rulers of this city and how it would have been if he had lived in that era.

After his third glass of sherry, YLC suddenly felt bursts of inspiration, so he decided to stand up and to go inside to take a pencil and some paper.

A few minutes later, he came back and yelled at the moon: "This is an excellent night for poetry! Oh lovely city, let me honor your beauty!"

That said, he sat down and began to write.

He never saw the cloaked figure nor the wire coming. YLC struggled for a few moments, but his attacker was too strong and he got strangled to death.

The killer paused for a while, then drew his knife and made a large cut in YLC's throat.

Before leaving, the attacker looked at the sheet of paper.

"Granada, beautiful Granada,
    " With your red fortress
    " and your dangerous hunter
    " for red blood
    " Granada, oh beautiful...

The rest of the poem was unreadable, due to the blood ...

The cool breeze sent shiverings down here spine. She shouldn't be here and she knew it very well. By being here, she was ignoring the advice she had given the daggers a few days ago, when she was still their Naib.

She shrugged. Some of them had been killed in their own rooms, so why should she stay inside? It wasn't much safer in their hotels. And all the tourist information said the Albaicin is an absolute must to visit.

But there was another reason to be here: Albaicin is where the daggers won their last major victory agains the vampires by killing Alim. She simply couldn't resist the temptation to visit this part of the city.

However, in spite of her thoughts about the fascinating ancient streets and houses, she couldn't shake off the feeling that she was being followed. The former Naib kept looking left and right, while quickly walking back to her hotel.

Suddenly, a dark figure jumped in front of her. It had a wooden club in its' hands and swung it at her.

Secura owed her life to her excellent reflexes by quickly jumping aside, avoiding the deadly swing.

The dark figure yelled out its' frustration.

Secura decided she couldn't win this fight alone, and so she started to run. While she was running, she had an odd feeling of déjà-vue.

Tonight, she was not the hunter, but the prey, she realised. She should have known better. Running through the narrow streets of Albaicin, she feverishly started to think about a place to hide. An arrow barely missed her and she kept running. Wondering how the attacker did find her, wouldn't help. It was too late. She had to disappear. And quickly. Her senses told her that the Alhambra was behind her, so she had to go left, then right, then straight ahead and then she had to climb up the little house with the grey...

When she entered the alley, she realised her mistake. There would be no where to run. Disappearing was no longer an option.

Her follower came near, holding the wooden club in her hand.

"Meet my little friend," the attacker said, laughing.

Faster than ligthning, the club hit her head. She fell on the floor, her skull fractured. The last thing she saw, was the reflection of the moonlight on the blade that seperated her head from her body.

Day 7

Renata looked up when the last dagger arrived. Slowly standing up, she looked briefly at the brotherhood.

"Our ranks are getting thinner by the day. We need to make progress!"

Before sitting down, the Naib seemed to remember something.

"Also, you will have to elect a Naib today. Chose wise, it is an important decision."

Alive (23)

1. TheFlax
    2. Niklas
    3. Renata
    4. Beskar
    5. Diana Abnoba
    6. Double A
    7. TinCow
    8. atheotes
    9. The Stranger
    10. Methos
    11. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    12. Romanic
    13. Captain Blackadder
    14. Jolt
    15. Greyblades
    16. AVSM
    17. Choxorn
    18. Kukrikhan
    19. Beefy187
    20. Kagemusha
    21. pevergreen
    22. johnhughthom
    23. Scienter

Killed (12)

autolycus
    Yaropolk
    Chaotix
    Centurion1
    Ibn-Khaldun
    Psychonaut
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Yaseikhaan
    Peasant Phill
    Death is yonder
    YLC
    Secura

Lynched (5)

Csargo
    Askthepizzaguy
    Seon
    GeneralHankerchief

WoG (0)

It is now day. You can start voting. You will also have to elect a Naib. Day will last for +/- 24 hours.

Announcement: johnhughthom will be replaced by Diamondeye.

I'm slowly running out of replacements. Some people risk to be WoG'ed...

Ja mata, TosaInu

Day 7 - Conclusion

There wasn't much talk that day. The brotherhood decided that the youngest among them, Romanic was the one to be lynched today, for reasons unclear to the lynchee. What had he done? He was innocent!

But the decision was irrevertable. The daggers were looking for the Naib to perform the execution, but she seemed to be gone.

Suddenly, all dressed in black, Renata slowly strode forward.

"Our dearest Benjamin," Renata started. "I must say I am deeply impressed, young one. You're our newest member and yet, you did very well, until now. Unfortunately for you, your brothers and sisters think you could be a vampire. I don't necessarily agree and I think there are better suspects, but the brotherhood has decided. I cannot ignore the decision.

Since you're so young, however, I'd like to give you a chance to prove yourself and who knows, save yourself today."

Renata waited a brief moment and then she continued: "I challenge you to a sword duel."

Her words were barely cold as Renata unsheethed a silver blade. After a brief moment of reflection, she took the blade in her left hand.

"I don't want this to be over too soon," she said.

She handed a package over to Romanic. "Please put on this armor and cloths".

Romanic started to put on the armor and the garments.

A minute later, Renata asked: "Hey there. Are you doing ok?"

Romanic looked up, a bit annoyed. "I don't mean to be rude, but this is not as easy as it looks, so I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't distract me."

"No problem, sorry."

"Thank you."

A few minutes later, Romanic was ready and he unsheethed his blade.

The Naib calmly waited for Romanic to make the first move.

Quickly, the young dagger stepped forward, trying to kill Renata fast and clean, using the point of his blade. The Naib simply deflected the blow. Romanic stepped backward, paused and also took his blade in his left hand.

Now the Naib attacked, but the young dagger was strong. He parried the attack and riposted, causing Renata to step backwards. With a few quick blows, Romanic forced the Naib to keep stepping backwards. When she almost stumbled, Romanic struck with his blade for the final blow. Renata's reflexes saved her life and the blade barely missed her. However, the Naib lost her blade in the movement.

Romanic stepped forward and swung his blade. Renata jumped and then jumped again and then she jumped towards a post, made an acrobatic swing and came down next to her blade and picked it up in a gracious movement.

Romanic threw his sword next to that same post, jumped to it and made TWO acrobatic swings, after which he landed very gracious on his feet to take his blade again. Without hesitating, he attacked the Naib. The blades were swinging back and forth with the speed of lightning during this deadly dance. Suddenly, they stopped.

Renata was trying to catch her breath.

"You're... good... I must be ... getting... old."

Romanic looked a bit embarrassed. "I didn't expect to do so well, Naib. Maybe I'm just being lucky."

"Not lucky," Renata replied. "You're better than me."

Romanic smiled at the kind words, but something made him feel suspicious.

"However, I know something you don't know," Renata said, mysteriously.

"Let me guess. You're not left-handed and now you will defeat me in seconds with your right-hand?"

"Oh, I'm left-handed allright," Renata answered, laughing.

Romanic looked confused.

"It's just that..."

"BANG!"

A rifle broke the silence. Romanic fell down, the bullet had made a hole between his eyes and his brains were splattered all over the courtyard.

"... I cheat," Renata said.

Smoke on the rooftop gave away the position of the dagger who had been waiting for Renata's signal.

Slowly, the Naib stepped forward and seperated Romanics' head form his body with her blade.

Exhausted, the Naib put away her sword and looked at Diana Abnoba.

"You'll be our new Naib, sister. Good luck."

The daggers left the Generalife, except for one man: A Very Super Market. Still shocked by the spectacle, he walked towards Romanics' body. He picked up his sword and pierced it through his own belly, yelling "Goodbye, cruel world!"

Lynch Tally:

Romanic: 7 (Methos, Beefy187, Choxorn, Captain Blackadder, The Stranger, Diana Abnoba, TinCow)

atheotes: 4 (TheFlax, Beskar, Niklas, Romanic)
    Beskar: 1 (Kagemusha)
    The Stranger: 1 (pevergreen)
    AVSM: 1 (Kukrikhan)
    Beefy187 (DiamondEyes)

Not voting: (Renata (Naib), Scienter, Jolt, AVSM, Greyblades, splitpersonality, atheotes, Double A)

Naib Election:

Diana Abnoba: 9 (Choxorn, Diamondeyes, Kagemusha, Kurkikhan, atheotes, Methos, Captain Blackadder, Diana Abnoba, Beskar)

Renata: 6 (The Stranger, Romanic, TinCow, Niklas, Renata, TheFlax)
    Jolt: 1 (Jolt)
    pevergreen: 1 (pevergreen)

Not voting: 6 (Beefy187, Scienter, AVSM, Greyblades, splitpersonality, Double A)

Alive (21)

1. TheFlax
    2. Niklas
    3. Renata
    4. Beskar
    5. Diana Abnoba
    6. Double A
    7. TinCow
    8. atheotes
    9. The Stranger
    10. Methos
    11. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    12. Captain Blackadder
    13. Jolt
    14. Greyblades
    15. Choxorn
    16. Kukrikhan
    17. Beefy187
    18. Kagemusha
    19. pevergreen
    20. Diamondeye
    21. Scienter

Killed (12)

autolycus
    Yaropolk
    Chaotix
    Centurion1
    Ibn-Khaldun
    Psychonaut
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Yaseikhaan
    Peasant Phill
    Death is yonder
    YLC
    Secura

Lynched (6)

Csargo
    Askthepizzaguy
    Seon
    GeneralHankerchief
    Romanic

WoG (1)
    AVSM

Last edited by Andres; 05-23-2010 at 21:37.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Night 7 - Conclusion

Captain Blackadder was sitting in his room enjoying a glass of cognac and Bram Stokers' "Dracula" when suddenly, a figure wearing a dark cloak entered.

"Good evening," Captain Blackadder said.

The cloaked figure came near and suddenly he said in amazement: " My God, what's happened to your neck?"

"Erm, er, well, well, well, well, they're love bites, actually!" Captain Blackadder answered.

"Looks more like dog bites to me."

"Well, yes, yes, she was, erm, a bit of an animal!" the Captain answered, slightly embarrassed.

"Really, Captain!"

"Oh yes!"

"Fight to the death, eh!"

"Oh yes. Well, as my tutor, Old Bubbleface used to say, "Make love and be merry, for tomorrow you may catch some disgusting skin disease."" the Captain answered and he laughed softly, an insincere smile on his face.

"Actually, I'd be prepared to swear they were dog bites," the dark cloaked figure said.

"They are not dog bites! She was very attractive."

"Yeah: shiny coat, wet nose, clear eyes..."

The Captains' eyes narrowed a little.

"Enough of this! What are you doing in my room anyway?"

The cloaked figure didn't answer, but looked at the Captain's book. The killer started to giggle.

"Oh no, "Dracula". Hahahahaha!"

"What's so funny about it?"

"It's the most pointless book since "How to Learn French"... was translated into French."

Captain Blackadder didn't look too pleased.

"Anyway, let's get this over with, shall we?"

"Huh?" Captain Blackadder answered.

The attacker quickly jumped forward and swung a wooden club against the Captains' skull.

Feeling dizzy, the Captain looked up and saw a blade coming down.

The killer briefly looked at the decapacitated body and then left the hotel room.

Greyblades was standing on his balcony, watching the moon shining over the Alhambra.

He was in complete harmony and practising his sword skills. In his mind, he was at the Dojo at Mount Crenel.

Concentrated, he performed the roll attack, a skill he used to learn to the students at the Dojo. He smiled when he remembered that strange boy, what was his name? Link, yes, he was called Link. A weird name. An interesting kid, rumour had it he could transform in a wolf.

Greyblades grinned. As a vampire hunter, experienced in dealing with the supernatural, he knew Link couldn't transform in a wolf; he was just a kid playing too much Nintendo games.

As he was continuing to meditate and practising his skills, he didn't notice the dark figure sneaking up on him.

The figure drew a dagger and waited until Greyblades sat down, to meditate. Slowly, the killer came near. Standing very close behind Greyblades, the attacker used the knife to slice his throat. While his life was slowly gulping out of his artery, the attacker pierced the knife through Greyblades' eyeball, right into his brains.

It was raining heavily. The lightning storm started an hour ago and all inhabitants of the city of Granada were staying inside. Most people couldn't remember such a heavy storm.

Only those touched by the curse knew the true meaning of this lightning storm...

A strange scream could be heard, a mix of anger and frustration, with an undertone of fear.

"This cannot be! It is impossible!"

Then, the lightning storm stopped as suddenly as it had begun...

Day 8

Diana Abnoba was impatiently waiting for the last dagger to arrive at the meeting.

"Finally," she said, looking a bit annoyed at the late comers.

"Again, we lost two men last night. This is getting problematic, brothers and sisters. We need to get our act together and it has to happen as soon as possible!"

Diana paused.

"There was also this storm. It is unexplainable. Suddenly it was there and 30 minutes later, it was gone again. Something similar has happened in the past; our archives mention such storms and it usually meant trouble. Big trouble. But let us not waste too much time."

Alive (19)

1. TheFlax
    2. Niklas
    3. Renata
    4. Beskar
    5. Diana Abnoba
    6. Double A
    7. TinCow
    8. atheotes
    9. The Stranger
    10. Methos
    11. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    12. Jolt
    13. Choxorn
    14. Kukrikhan
    15. Beefy187
    16. Kagemusha
    17. pevergreen
    18. DiamondEye
    19. Scienter

Killed (14)

autolycus
    Yaropolk
    Chaotix
    Centurion1
    Ibn-Khaldun
    Psychonaut
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Yaseikhaan
    Peasant Phill
    Death is yonder
    YLC
    Secura
    Captain Blackadder
    GreyBlades

Lynched (6)

Csargo
    Askthepizzaguy
    Seon
    GeneralHankerchief
    Romanic

WoG (1)
    AVSM

It is now day. You can vote. Day will last for 24 hours.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Day 8 - Conclusion

The daggers didn’t talk a lot, despite a former Naib stressing the importance of the proceedings.

Some daggers seemed to have better things to do, like scratching their behind or playing civilised computer games. Others didn’t even talk at all!

If there would be Gods, they would be disappointed when confronted with such apathy.

At the end of the day, two daggers were found to be very suspicious.

The new Naib reread her notes and then looked up.

atheotes,” she said, with a soft and gentle voice. Carefully, she put the note with the name on the table.

She walked over to a wooden platform and mounted the stairs, leading to the platform. Standing on it, she took off her Naib cloak, revealing the scabbard that was hanging from a shoulder belt. For a brief moment, she looked up, at the sky. Diana hadn't been herself anymore since the day the handsome man who delivered pizza's had been executed. She sighed and then looked down.

atheotes,” the Naib said again, soft and gentle. “Please, come over here.”

atheotes looked up at his Naib. He was… afraid. The previous Naib was a more than decent swordswoman. This one would probably be of equal skill, or maybe better. Allthough some executions had been more messy than others, at the end of the day, the lynchee always died. He didn't want to die.

Carefully, he mounted the stairs, his right hand on his sword, his left hand on a silver dagger, not losing sight of the Naib and her movements. He was looking very pale. He didn't want to die.

The Naib waited patiently. She seemed relax and confident.

When atheotes was almost there, he started to tremble. He couldn't do this. He just couldn't.

“Screw this!” he exclaimed. Suddenly, he made a movement, as if he was going to turn around, to run away, away from certain death.

In a flash, the Naib drew a silver dagger and threw it at atheotes. Her aim was perfect and the silver knive entered his heart. Fast as lightning, the Naib jumped forward, unsheathed her blade and cut off atheotes' head. His body was still falling, when his head floated through the air and hit the stairs.

The daggers stared at the head, bouncing slowly off the stairs and stopping right in front of them. When they looked up, the Naib was still holding her sword in her hand. Staring at a point in the distance, she whispered softly:

“Get to your hotel rooms. Tomorrow we’ll know if he was the one we’re looking for.”

Tally:

atheotes: 8 (Methos, Diamondeye, Scienter, TinCow, TheFlax, Renata, Beskar, Niklas)

splitpersonality: 3 (Jolt, Kukrikhan, pevergreen)
    Beskar: 2 (Beefy187, The Stranger)

Not voting: 6 (Choxorn, Kagemusha, Diana (Naib), splitpersonality, atheothes, Double A)

Alive (18)

1. TheFlax
    2. Niklas
    3. Renata
    4. Beskar
    5. Diana Abnoba
    6. Double A
    7. TinCow
    8. The Stranger
    9. Methos
    10. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    11. Jolt
    12. Choxorn
    13. Kukrikhan
    14. Beefy187
    15. Kagemusha
    16. pevergreen
    17. DiamondEye
    18. Scienter

Killed (14)

autolycus
    Yaropolk
    Chaotix
    Centurion1
    Ibn-Khaldun
    Psychonaut
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Yaseikhaan
    Peasant Phill
    Death is yonder
    YLC
    Secura
    Captain Blackadder
    GreyBlades

Lynched (7)

Csargo
    Askthepizzaguy
    Seon
    GeneralHankerchief
    Romanic
    atheotes

WoG (1)
    AVSM

Note: I'm not very impressed with the level of activity in this round.

Last edited by Andres; 05-25-2010 at 12:11.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Night 8 - Conclusion

Niklas had been naughty that night.

The constant pressure was just too much to take and he simply had to go somewhere. Against all good advice from the Naibs, he decided to leave his hotelroom to take a short walk. Just catching some fresh air, nothing more. He would be back within the hour.

As he was walking through the city, he ran into a bar, called "El Fanatico Civilizado." He entered the bar and forgot all about time...

There were some really great people at that place and allthough he never had the intention to get drunk or to stay there for too long, the atmosphere, the people and the music were just too good. The special cocktail "IV" probably had something to do with it. That stuff was just irresistable and he found himself at the bar, constantly ordering just... one... more... IV...

Eventually, some of the regulars had to drag him out. As he was standing outside, inhaling fresh air, he slowly came back to his senses.

What had he been thinking! The vampire hunting society was facing its' biggest threat in centuries and here he was, partying and getting drunk. If they failed, humanity would be doomed! He suddenly felt very guilty. For days, he had hardly spoken a word during the councils and now he was here, barely able to keep his balance, being drunk.

Niklas turned away from the tempting disco lights, booze, music and gorgeous women and walked back home, his cheeks glowing with a shameful blush.

Still muttering in himself about how irresponsible he had been, he entered a narrow, steep alley, not noticing the figure wearing a dark cloak that had been following him.

"Naughty, very naughty indeed," a voice whispered behind Niklas.

"Huh?" were his final words, before a wooden club hit him on the head. While he was falling down, the figure jumped forward, drew a blade and seperated poor Niklas' head from his body.

Without hesitating, the killer left the scene.

Day 9

Diana was furious.

"Are you all idiots? Who else was outside their hotels while they were supposed to be inside, behind a locked door! Gah!"

The daggers looked ashamed and stared at the ground.

"We only lost one dagger last night. I don't know what to think of it. Maybe we are making progress, maybe not. But since there's still somebody out killing daggers, we'll have to continue this."

Alive (17)

1. TheFlax
    2. Renata
    3. Beskar
    4. Diana Abnoba
    5. Double A
    6. TinCow
    7. The Stranger
    8. Methos
    9. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    10. Jolt
    11. Choxorn
    12. Kukrikhan
    13. Beefy187
    14. Kagemusha
    15. pevergreen
    16. DiamondEye
    17. Scienter

Killed (15)

autolycus
    Yaropolk
    Chaotix
    Centurion1
    Ibn-Khaldun
    Psychonaut
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Yaseikhaan
    Peasant Phill
    Death is yonder
    YLC
    Secura
    Captain Blackadder
    GreyBlades
    Niklas

Lynched (7)

Csargo
    Askthepizzaguy
    Seon
    GeneralHankerchief
    Romanic
    atheotes

WoG (1)
    AVSM

It's now day. You can start voting. Day will last for +/- 24 hours.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Night 8 - Conclusion

The debate reached a fevered pitch as two of the daggers were singled out as being especially suspicious. However, one of them was haunted by the ghost of a pizza man, and was tormented relentlessly by this apparition before the final decision was made.

"But, I'm not a vampire!" Kagemusha exclaimed. "I've never been a vampire... except for that one time! But that was just a role in a game!"

The Naib, dressed in a flowing black cloak, looked up at Kagemusha with sympathetic eyes, but underneath those sympathies was a desire for justice and a firm resolve.

"Please step forward, my friend." she said.

"I'm really busy, I have things I have to go do...." said the dagger.

"I'm afraid I must insist. It is time." she said.

“I have a job! I work long hours! I need to make a living! I don’t have time for this nonsense!”

“Please,” the Naib said softly.

"You're all out to get me! And that pizza guy... he's controlling your minds from beyond the grave! He’s dead and he’s still talking! And then you say I’m a supernatural being? It's a conspiracy! It's nothing more than a plot to destroy the innocent! I say there's foul business afoot. Our Naib pals around with dead people, and I'm the one who is accused of being a vampire... it's insanity, I tells ye. Don't you see? Don't you see the violence inherent in the system? Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Kagemusha went towards the crowd of people to plead his case, but they wouldn't listen. Then, he saw in his mind the image of his foul accuser, and he became enraged.

"You! You think just because you're dead, that means you can't be a vampire? You of all people should know better... so I can only conclude you're hiding something. I'll kill you until you're... even deader!"

Kagemusha unsheathed a long, curved blade, and charged toward the invisible man, slicing through the air, hacking his imaginary foe to pieces. But still, the voices wouldn't leave his mind.

"Why must you torment me so, after all we've been through together? I curse thee! I curse thee and everyone who looks like thee!" said Kage, who spat upon the ground.

The daggers looked confused at the madman who was yelling against the air and the walls of the Generalife.

"Are you ready for your judgment now?" asked the Naib, warily.

Suddenly Kagemusha brightened up and turned toward the Naib with a pleasant grin on his face. "Why, yes, my good lady. I wouldn't have elected you as Naib if I wasn't ready to die by your hand. It would be an honor to die for you."

Diana Abnoba gripped her blade, and waited.

"Come here, glorious leader, and strike me down for the so-called crimes I have committed." he said, advancing toward the Naib.

Diana's face betrayed no emotion, and Kagemusha continued walking in her direction.

"Or should I come running to you when you call? Come willingly to my own death? It would be my pleasure, my lady."

Diana waited.

"But one thing I will not do, is die without a fight, my lady. First, you must defeat me in glorious comba-"

Beskars’ head fell to the ground, with his body crumpling a split second later. Diana calmly walked past the body of the fallen, and retrieved her blade from the hot sand several paces behind him. Then she took out a silver dagger and placed it swiftly into Beskars’ heart.

The other daggers murmured anxiously at the suddenness of the event.

Diana retrieved her knife and then she froze. She stared at Beskars’ body. She turned pale and looked up.

“How? What?”

The daggers looked at their Naib. Some stepped forward.

“That’s impossible!” one exclaimed.

“I swear that I saw Kagemusha attacking the Naib!” another one said.

The brothers and sisters looked around and found Kagemusha, who was standing at the opposite side of the courtyard, alive and kicking. He looked surprised, then relieved.

“I guess it just wasn’t my time yet,” he said, and he shrugged, a slightly amused expression on his face in an attempt to hide that he was facing death no more than a few minutes ago.

It took a while before the Naib calmed down and was able to speak again.

"There's nothing more to see here. Go back to your rooms and remember to lock them this time. Anyone who fails to do so will have to deal with me. Have a safe and pleasant sleep." said Diana, who motioned for them all to leave.

They dispersed quickly, throwing uncomfortable looks at the man who had just cheated death.

The Naib stared at Kagemusha’s back.

What the just happened?

Tally:

Kagemusha Beskar: 6 (Scienter, Methos, TinCow, TheFlax, Beskar, Renata)

Methos: 3 (Kukrikhan, Diamondeye, pevergreen)
    Beskar: 3 (Choxorn, Kagemusha, Beefy187)
    TheFlax: 1 (splitpersonality)
    splitpersonality: 1 (The Stranger)

Not voting: 3 (Diana (Naib), Jolt, Double A)

Alive (16)

1. TheFlax
    2. Renata
    3. Diana Abnoba
    4. Double A
    5. TinCow
    6. The Stranger
    7. Methos
    8. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    9. Jolt
    10. Choxorn
    11. Kukrikhan
    12. Beefy187
    13. Kagemusha
    14. pevergreen
    15. DiamondEye
    16. Scienter

Killed (15)

autolycus
    Yaropolk
    Chaotix
    Centurion1
    Ibn-Khaldun
    Psychonaut
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Yaseikhaan
    Peasant Phill
    Death is yonder
    YLC
    Secura
    Captain Blackadder
    GreyBlades
    Niklas

Lynched (8)

Csargo
    Askthepizzaguy
    Seon
    GeneralHankerchief
    Romanic
    atheotes
    Beskar

WoG (1)
    AVSM

It's now night. PM's please. Night will last for +/- 23 hours.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Night 9 - Conclusion

The moon was shining over the Alhambra, but TinCow didn't pay too much attention to it.

After his computer went down, he could no longer play Civ IV. He only had two books with him, and "DIY - Putting on paint clothes for dummies" was pretty boring.

So, there he was, enjoying a bottle of Spanish wine while reading "Famous Dagger Lawsuits". He particularly liked the episode about the brilliant interpretation of article 54 §3 of the Vampire hunting Code juncto article 23 of the Dagger Act in the famous Van Helsing vs. The Stranger case from 2000. Surely, this was something he could use tomorrow!

"This, this and this will certainly convince them!" he said, still amazed by the cunningness of the outstanding brilliant lawyer Andres Something mentioned in the book.

Yes, he would be well prepared now. A good thing that his computer broke down, so that he could finally pay some attention to this vampire hunting stuff. He'd probably save the brotherhood just in time.

He smiled confidently and opened another bottle of rosado. This country was great and, much to his surprise, they had some excellent wine. He shouldn't forget to buy a few bottles before leaving this place. There's always room for excellent stuff in his wine collection. Some of the bottles he planned to buy were pretty expensive, but surely his better half would understand. And if not, he'd just use the ultimate defence: "But it was on sale!" That'll teach her!

As he was thinking these fine thoughts, he didn't notice the dark figure sneaking up on him. Just when the killer was ready to hit TinCow on the head with a wooden club, his target suddenly exclaimed:

"Go ahead! Make my day!"

TinCow quickly jumped up and pointed his Magnum .44, loaded with silver bullets, at his attacker.

The attacker stayed ice cold and said to his victim: "You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?”

TinCow trembled.

His attacker slowly moved forward and nodded in approval: "A good man always knows his limitations.”

TinCow regained control over himself and he pulled the trigger. The gun made a soft clicking sound, but nothing else.

TinCow started to yell at the gun. "This stuff has cost me 8.000 €. It's designed especially for me! With that kind of money, I could have paid someone to renovate my house instead of buying that stupid DIY book! This is outrageous! A scandal! I will sue the idiot who sold me this rubbish gun! I... I... " TinCow was all red. Rage had taken over.

The attacker simply shrugged. "If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster.”

TinCow looked up. "Are you still there?"

The attacker didn't answer, but simply jumped forward, swinging his club at TinCows' head. Before the brilliant man of the law hit the floor, his head was already seperated from his body.

The killer shrugged and left the scene.

"Wake up!"

He opened his eyes. He couldn't feel anything.

"Wake up!"

He tried to scream, but there was no sound. He tried to move his arms, but he couldn't.

"Wake up!"

Suddenly, he floated through the air. He saw a headless body. He looked down and to his aggony, he noticed that he didn't have a body. A flash and his head was being attached to his body again.

He remembered vaguely. "I'm atheothes. I'm dead."

The powerful creature standing in front of him nodded. "Indeed, and that's all you need to know about your past. Now go my child. Go."

Kukrikhan was in a hurry. He needed to go back to his hotelroom. He looked around and felt very hungry. Shaking his head, he ignored the hunger and continued to walk further.

Suddenly, he felt like someone was following him.

Kukrikhan stayed calm and walked forward; suddenly, he took a small, dark alley and turned around. Fast as lightning, he punched in the direction of his follower, but there was nobody there.

"No human being can be this fast."

"Much has changed since you last encountered us."

Kukrikhan looked at his attacker, who was sitting on a nearby rooftop.

"You won't kill me, my child."

Suddenly, Kukrikhan disappeared.

The dagger jumped down from the rooftop, turned to his left and threw his silver dagger.

The scream of a beast broke the silence, a raw sound of anger and frustration. Allthough the drugs had him in their grasp, the dagger lost his selfcontrol for a brief moment. Kukrikhan tried to take advantage of this by clawing at his attacker. But the dagger was fast, too fast, for the wounded Kukrikhan.

He decided that he would flee. But before he could start to run, the dagger grabbed him. Kukrikhan managed to throw his attacker off him and drew his blade. The dagger did the same and a fierce duel began in the streets of Granada. Attack, block, riposte, block, attack. The duel continued and both men were equally matched.

The dagger forced his opponent to the edge of a nearby ravine. Hardly noticing his bad position, Kukri kept fighting. Suddenly, he lost his balance.

The dagger swung his blade at Kukrikhan for a devastating blow, but Kurki's body was already falling down.

The dagger looked down. Nobody would survive this. He had done his job and would now return to his Naib.

Renata was fanatically reading an article about an ancient civilisation, when somebody knocked on the door of her hotel room.

Without thinking, she stood up and opened the door.

"You?"

The man standing in front of her didn't say a word.

"You!" she exclaimed. "This cannot be! You were dead! Decapacitated! This is not possible."

The abomination standing in front of her didn't answer, but stepped forward and grabbed Renata by her throat.

The former Naib was surprised by this attack, but her reaction was fast. She drew her silver dagger and stabbed her attacker.

atheotes simply kept strangling Renata with his bare hands. Renata kept stabbing her attacker, but he didn't bleed. He didn't make a sound. It was as if the knive couldn't hurt him.

This continued for more than a minute and Renata slowly lost her strength.

atheotes strenghtened his grip and was rewarded with a sickening cracking sound.

He opened his hands and the dead Naib fell on the floor, her neck broken. Immediately, atheotes' body dissolved and ashes and dust were carried away with a cold breeze...

Lightning and rolling thunder. Heavy rain was falling down.

Somebody could be heard screaming. A scream of joy.

"Finally! Finally! Power will be mine! I will rule! Ruuuule!

Then the lightning storm stopped as suddenly as it had started...

Day 10

Diana Abnoba was calm. The sight of the small group saddened her. Not too long ago, their numbers were much larger. It would take several generations to get back to their full strength.

"Three of us died last night," she said. "I ordered the death of one of them and we have reasons to believe that he was not human."

The Naib paused and continued: "TinCow got killed in the same way as many others. The death of Renata was..."

The Naib shrugged. "I have no explanation for it. It has never been seen before in our history."

Diana shrugged again. "But let us get down to business, shall we. We need to vote and we also need to elect a Naib today."

Alive (13)

1. TheFlax
    2. Diana Abnoba
    3. Double A
    4. The Stranger
    5. Methos
    6. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    7. Jolt
    8. Choxorn
    9. Beefy187
    10. Kagemusha
    11. pevergreen
    12. DiamondEye
    13. Scienter

Killed (18)

autolycus
    Yaropolk
    Chaotix
    Centurion1
    Ibn-Khaldun
    Psychonaut
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Yaseikhaan
    Peasant Phill
    Death is yonder
    YLC
    Secura
    Captain Blackadder
    GreyBlades
    Niklas
    TinCow
    Kukrikhan
    Renata

Lynched (8)

Csargo
    Askthepizzaguy
    Seon
    GeneralHankerchief
    Romanic
    atheotes
    Beskar

WoG (1)
    AVSM

It's now day. You can start voting. You'll also have to elect a new Naib. Day will last for +/- 24 hours.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Night 10 - Conclusion

The full moon was shining over the Alhambra.

At the graveyard, a figure wearing a dark cloak could be seen walking around. It stopped in front of one of the new graves.

"Wake up, now!"

Nothing happened.

"Obey me, you lazy slave! Now!"

Something appeared to be moving and suddenly, a hand became visible. It took a few more minutes, before a headless body crawled out of the grave.

"Your head, idiot! Take it and put it on your shoulders."

The corpse started digging with its' hands for a couple of minutes. It appeared as if it had found something. Another couple of minutes of digging and the corpse turned around, holding Secura's head in its' hands.

"Put your head where it belongs, you fool".

The remnants of Secura obeyed its' master and then waited.

"Ok, slave, these are my orders for the night..."

Jolt liked Spain and he knew the country pretty well, but there were some things his people simply did better.

Take Sherry. Of course, it isn't bad, but it can't beat the fine taste of Porto! And they had some decent wine in this country, but surely, nothing beats Madeira wine!

Sipping from his dry sherry, he continued the line of thoughts. Barcelona and Real Madrid. Bah. Ok, it were great soccer teams, but if you're looking for joy and exciting football, then surely, you needed to go watch Porto, or, even better, Benfica!

The somehow chauvinistic dagger was very busy comparing Spain to his country, slowly working towards the inevitable conclusion that Portugal was better than Spain in as good as everything. And so, he didn't notice the dark figure behind him, holding a wooden club in its' hands.

The attacker yelled "Olé!" and hit the target on the head.

Jolt fell out of his sofa and was lying on the ground in a pool of his own blood and some pieces of his skull.

The attacker graciously stepped forwards, yelled "Olé" and beheaded the target.

Calmly, the killer stepped forward and sipped on Jolts' sherry.

"He's right. I prefer porto over this stuff any time of the day."

Choxorn was fanatically playing Civ IV on his laptop when somebody knocked on the door of his hotelroom.

"One moment please, just one more turn."

A few minutes passed and again, the person outside knocked on his door.

"I'm coming, I'm coming, just one more turn."

Again a few minutes passed and again, the person outisde knocked on the door.

"Yes, yes, just one more turn!"

Three hours later.

With a loud crashing sound, Choxorns' door was utterly destroyed.

Secura entered his room, a glimpse of anger and frustration on her dead face.

Choxorn looked up briefly. "Oh, it's you."

and then turned back to his game.

After he finished his turn, he looked up and murmured "Weren't you dead or something?"

And then he continued playing.

Secura stepped forward and grabbed Choxorns' throat.

"Hey! What? Please, juste one more argh, argh, argh."

Secura kept pinching and squeezing Choxorns' throat and finally, he stopped kicking and moving. She tightened her grip a bit more and was rewarded with the sound of a breaking neck.

She opened her hands and Choxorns' dead body fell on the floor.

At the same time, Secura's body evaporated; soon there was nothing left of her, but dust and ashes.

Day 11

Diana was standing at the courtyard, overlooking the small group of remaining brothers and sisters.

With a grim expression, she walked towards the Naibs' seat.

"Let's talk," was all she said to open yet another day of lively debates.

Alive (10)

1. TheFlax
    2. Diana Abnoba
    3. Double A
    4. Methos
    5. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    6. Beefy187
    7. Kagemusha
    8. pevergreen
    9. DiamondEye
    10. Scienter

Killed (20)

autolycus
    Yaropolk
    Chaotix
    Centurion1
    Ibn-Khaldun
    Psychonaut
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Yaseikhaan
    Peasant Phill
    Death is yonder
    YLC
    Secura
    Captain Blackadder
    GreyBlades
    Niklas
    TinCow
    Kukrikhan
    Renata
    Choxorn
    Jolt

Lynched (9)

Csargo
    Askthepizzaguy
    Seon
    GeneralHankerchief
    Romanic
    atheotes
    Beskar
    The Stranger

WoG (1)
    AVSM

It's now day. You can start voting. Double A need to vote today or he'll get WoG'ed.

Ja mata, TosaInu

THIS UPDATE IS FROM DAY 10 AND NEEDS TO BE READ BEFORE POST 21 OF THIS THREAD.

Day 10 - Conclusion

Tempers flared as the souls of the dead seemed more lively than the souls of the living.

The Naib stepped forward, seemingly irritated by certain folks not voting. But someone who was usually talkative was strangely silent after losing a grand debate with the ghost of a metallic cow (), and it made everyone more suspicious of him. After counting the votes, a smile crept across the Naib's face. She snapped her fingers and one of the daggers brought her a lasso.

"Oh, I have been waiting for this for a long, long time. The Stranger, step forward please."

The Stranger looked at the Naib, and saw the gleam in her eye, and decided that running was his best option. Immediately the Naib was after him, easily keeping up with The Stranger as he tried to scamper away. He ducked around corners, he climbed up fire escapes, he jumped from rooftop to rooftop, but the Naib was following him and not even breaking a sweat.

He eventually got turned back around, and dashed through the crowd. The Naib seemed to be enjoying herself, and began swinging the lasso. With one skilled toss, the lasso went over The Stranger and dropped down to his legs and began to tighten. The Stranger went down like a sack of potatoes, landing in the rocky sand face first.

Diana Abnoba pulled the rope as tight as it would go, and began to hogtie the young dagger with great enthusiasm. Suddenly he yelled: "You can't do this! I still have so much inspiration, so much to tell you! I have all this poetry in me and it needs to get out before I die!"

The Naib ignored him until a few daggers, slowly stepped forward, each of them holding a book in their hands.

"Ehm, hm, *cough*"

The Naib paused, seemingly annoyed.

"We bought his book and before he dies, we'd like him to sign it. You never know if he becomes famous after dead."

The Naib sighed, untied The Stranger and waved her hand. "Hurry up, will ya! I haven't got all day!"

The daggers quickly stepped over to The Stranger who signed their books, his eyes covered in tears.

When the small interruption was over, the Naib grabbed the rope and pulled it even tighther than the previous time. When The Stranger was tied up good and tight, his face expressing pain, she pulled out a pair of silver six-shooters and began shooting them into the air.

"Yeeee-hah!" the Naib shouted, as she began dragging the hogtied Stranger back to the center of the crowd.

"What are you going to do to me?" stammered The Stranger.

"You do remember all those lovely negative comments about women, right?" said the Naib.

"Yeah, it's quite obvious that a male-dominated society would have easily caught the Ancient One by now, and the only reason that we haven't is because of the total incompetence of the female establishment. You women are more concerned with your purses and your nails than you are about catching scum!" began The Stranger.

The Naib just stood there, shaking her head.

Scienter stepped forward from the crowd. "Let me do it, please... I promise it will be painful. Please, oh please..."

The wind began to blow, and it seemed to whisper in the voices of Secura and Renata... crying out for the blood of The Stranger.

The Naib listened to the wind with her eyes closed, and nodded solemnly.

"I understand you wish to do this, but you elected me Naib. And as a result, the responsibility.... and the pleasure.... is all mine," she said, smiling sardonically.

With a beastly scream, Diana jumped on top of The Stranger and pinned him to the ground. She began strangling him with the rope, but quickly switched to her bare hands. The Stranger gasped and struggled but there was no escape.

"Die! Die! Die!" roared Diana with pleasure. She lifted up his head and bashed it against the ground repeatedly, never loosening her grip. His face turned blue.

Just before The Stranger lost consciousness, Diana let go. The Stranger coughed and choked, and he struggled to catch his breath. But Diana lifted up her silver dagger and began stabbing him in the chest... in the stomach... just stabbing wildly. Anywhere the dagger landed would do.

The Stranger screamed in pain, as Diana stabbed him in the heart. Then she took her pair of silver revolvers and pointed them at The Stranger's head, and pulled both triggers. There wasn't much left of his head when it was over.

The other daggers were slightly disturbed by the level of violence, but at least one voice in the crowd yelled with approval, and Diana herself looked quite pleased.

She walked over to a wooden chest and opened it. In it were two swords; it were the blades of the former Naibs.

Diana grabbed a sword, stepped to The Strangers' body and cut off his both legs, screaming "This is for Secura!" Then she took the second sword and cut off the two arms, yelling "And this is for Renata!"

Suddenly, Scienter ran forward, holding her sword firmly in her hand and cut off The Strangers' head. "And this one is for me!!!!"

Both women then started to pour gasoline over the body parts. They stepped backwards and both lit a cigarette. Inhaling the smoke, they looked at each other and grinned. Two cigarettes were thrown simultaneously at the remnants of The Stranger. A big "woosh" sound could be heard and soon, all that was left of the talented poet were dust and ashes.

Scienter went back to her place and Diana, finally calmed down enough to be able to speak, softly said.

"Thank you for electing me as your Naib again. I'll do the best I can to save us from our enemy."

Lynch Tally:

The Stranger: 5 (Jolt, Choxorn, Kagemusha, Scienter, Methos)

Methos: 3 (TheFlax, The Stranger, Diamondeye)

Not voting: 5 (Diana (Naib), Beefy187, splitpersonality, Double A, pevergreen)

Naib Election:

Diana Abnoba : 6 (Scienter, Diamondeye, Kagemusha, Choxorn, Methos, Diana Abnoba)

TheFlax: 2 (The Stranger, TheFlax)

Not voting: 5 (pevergreen, Beefy187, Jolt, splitpersonality, Double A)

Alive (12)

1. TheFlax
    2. Diana Abnoba
    3. Double A
    4. Methos
    5. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    6. Jolt
    7. Choxorn
    8. Beefy187
    9. Kagemusha
    10. pevergreen
    11. DiamondEye
    12. Scienter

Killed (18)

autolycus
    Yaropolk
    Chaotix
    Centurion1
    Ibn-Khaldun
    Psychonaut
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Yaseikhaan
    Peasant Phill
    Death is yonder
    YLC
    Secura
    Captain Blackadder
    GreyBlades
    Niklas
    TinCow
    Kukrikhan
    Renata

Lynched (9)

Csargo
    Askthepizzaguy
    Seon
    GeneralHankerchief
    Romanic
    atheotes
    Beskar
    The Stranger

WoG (1)
    AVSM

Ja mata, TosaInu

Day 11 - Conclusion

During most of the day, most Daggers stayed silent. Some whispers could be heard in the wind, but the living remained silent. At the end of the day, though, all had voted.

The Naib looked briefly at her notes. "There isn't much to count nowadays," she thought by herself, a sad look on her face.

Diana looked up and watched Kagemusha straight in the eyes. A sigh of relief could be heard from the man who ate 5 steaks a day.

“The decision has been made. You, Kagemusha, will die today.”

Kagemusha was very pale. Allthough the previous time he had been in this position things turned out very good for him, he didn't feel so comfortable now.

“Fear not, after the last execution, I have decided to make this one as painless as possible," the Naib said.

Suddenly a mobile phone went off. The Naib stared at Scienter, murmuring “you, of all people.”

Scienter blushed and quickly switched off the damnable device. “Sorry about that,” she said, silently.

“As I said, I have this painless…”

Another phone went off. The Naib was tapping her feet in a high tempo and sending angry looks at Diamondeye. “Ehm, hm, eh,” he said, quickly switching off his phone. “So sorry.”

The Naib inhaled and continued: “As I said…”

"Ring-Ring-Ring!"

pevergreen looked very embarrassed and switched off his phone, whispering a silent “sorry” while he suddenly stared at something very interesting, somewhere near his feet or so.

Barely managing to stay calm, Diana continued.

“As I said…” she paused. “Good, I take it that was the last interruption. I have decided to perform a painless…”

"Ring-ring-ring!".

Kagemusha picked up his phone and immediately started a lively conversation about how he was right in the middle of an important meeting, yeah, you know how it is, work, work, work, for 10 hours straight, 7 days a week, and yes, the weather was nice and…

The Generalife trembled as Diana screamed and yelled, outraged, frustrated, her head as red as a tomato.

“Screw painless executions!”

She ran towards Kagemusha, carrying a whip and with one lash, his phone floated through the air. Two more lashes and Kagemusha was already crying.

Diana ordered two daggers to tie him up.

“I’ll start with 30 lashes!”

After that was done, she asked for salt. Kagemusha, bleeding out of numerous wounds, was almost unconscious and didn't notice what was going on.

“Let this be a lesson for all of you cellphone addicts!”

The Naib poured the salt into the fresh wounds, causing Kagemusha to scream and beg for mercy.

Diana cruelly waited for 10 minutes, then picked up the screaming man and threw him on a woodpile. Pouring gasoline over him, she laughed.

“Here’s your cellphone back!” she yelled, and she threw it on the pile. Then she turned to the daggers and yelled: “All of you, throw all your cellphones on this pile, NOW!”

Too afraid to refuse, the daggers threw their cellphones on the pile.

The Naib smiled sardonically.

"As soon as one of the phones rings, the electrical spark will cause a nice big “Bang!” and then it’ll be over with this nonsense," she said, smiling triomphantically. Sombody caughed. "Oh yes, and Kagemusha will die too," she added quickly, as if it was of minor importance.

Only two minutes later, Kage’s phone went off again and there he went, in 5 meter high flames.

The Naib nodded in approval. Finally, this cellphone nonsense...

The daggers stared at a man standing in the corner.

Kagemusha was as surprised as they were, but quickly, he regained control over himself and started to laugh. There wasn't a scratch on him.

The Naib slowly walked towards the ashes; her knees trembling. She kneeled down and found Scienters' ring.

"Again!"

Tally:

Kagemusha Scienter : 5 (Scienter, Diamondeye, Methos, Double A, TheFlax)

Beefy187: 2 (Beefy187, splitpersonality)
    splipersonality : 1 (pevergreen)
    Scienter: 1 (Kagemusha)

Not voting: 1 (Diana Abnoba (Naib))

Alive (9)

1. TheFlax
    2. Diana Abnoba
    3. Double A
    4. Methos
    5. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    6. Beefy187
    7. Kagemusha
    8. pevergreen
    9. DiamondEye

Killed (20)

autolycus
    Yaropolk
    Chaotix
    Centurion1
    Ibn-Khaldun
    Psychonaut
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Yaseikhaan
    Peasant Phill
    Death is yonder
    YLC
    Secura
    Captain Blackadder
    GreyBlades
    Niklas
    TinCow
    Kukrikhan
    Renata
    Choxorn
    Jolt

Lynched (10)

Csargo
    Askthepizzaguy
    Seon
    GeneralHankerchief
    Romanic
    atheotes
    Beskar
    The Stranger
    Scienter

WoG (1)
    AVSM

It's now night. PM's please. +/- 23 hours.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Night 11 - Conclusion

Song to accompany write-up :

The moon was purple. A rare phenomenon, associated by some with the end of times.

"Wake up!"

One of the nearby graves started to tremble.

"Wake up, slave!"

Hands crawled through the dirt.

"Come! Wake up, slave!"

Finally, the body appeared, holding its' head in its' hands.

"Good. Put on your head and come over here."

The corpse obeyed and walked over to the master.

"Good, slave. Now listen... Tonight, you will go on a..."

Steak. He was dying for a decent steak. Screw security measures. He wanted steak! He had come all the way from Japan to this place and after 11 days, he now wanted his steak. NOW!

And so, Beefy187 was found, walking the streets of Sacromonte, looking for a decent restaurant where he could eat steak! Real steak! He heard the sauce made of cabrales cheese was delicious. He wanted steak! Saignant! With cabrales cheese. Not kangaroo steak, he had more than enough of that in Australia; no, a real steak! Beef! He wasn't called Beefy for nothing!

As he was walking down the streets, drooling and craving for beef, he didn't notice the dark figure sneaking up on him.

Finally, Beefy187 found a restaurant and hey, they had steak on the menu! With cabrales sauce! With a discount, especially for tourists! He could have two steaks for the price of one!

He couldn't wait to enter the restaurant, but alas, fate was cruel for this fine young man. As he was about to enter, a wooden club hit him on the head.

He fell down, barely conscious.

"No, not now! Couldn't you wait for an hour or so? Two steaks. That was all I wanted! Two st..."

The swing of a sword ended his hallucinations of giant steaks bathing in cabrales sauce.

The killer looked at the beheaded body, bowed and reached for Beefy's wallet. He looked up and saw the announcement at the restaurant.

"Hmmm... steak with cabrales sauce!"

The killer entered the restaurant.

"Ah mon lit! Comme je suis fatigué!" our friendly Canadian dagger said to himself.

Reaching for the only Francophone magazine in his hotelroom, TheFlax turned on the television, when he heard a "mooo" sound.

He shrugged. "Meh, ces espagnoles avec leur bêtises!"

"Moooo!"

The sound seemed to come from the inside of the building.

"Mais, qu'est-ce que c'est? Une vache dans l'hôtel?" TheFlax said, annoyed, and he walked over to the door.

"MOOOO!" loud now.

TheFlax was too curious and opened the door of his room. In front of him stood TinCow.

"Mais, tu es mort!"

"Moooooo!" was TinCows' reply and he grabbed TheFlax by his throat with a firm grip.

TheFlax tried to free himself, but his struggle was soon over as TinCow was using supernatural forces to strangle his opponent. He tightened his grip and broke TheFlax' neck.

As soon as his victim died, TinCow's body evaporated and there was nothing left of him, except dust and ashes.

Cool song, to accompany write-up

The hunt is on. Through the streets of the old Albaicin. Running, a man catches his breath, looks around, and runs again.

Faster, running, puffing heavily.

Darkness, running, street lights, narrow street, dark again.

The hunter is holding his right hand on his blade, his left hand ready on his belt with silver daggers.

The chase continues The prey runs. Speed is its' only weapon. Fighting this hunter is fruitless.

Faster, faster, faster!

The hunter sees the target. It enters a narrow street. The hunter grins and climbs up a nearby wall. Jump. From rooftop to rooftop. The prey is close.

The prey hears sounds of boots landing on a nearby roof.

The prey stops. Holds its' breath.

The boots land on a roof. Silence. Again, boots landing on a roof. Silence. Boots on a roof, further now.

The prey grins. He deceived the hunter...

He bows, leaning with his hands on his knees. He inhales fresh air, pauses, inhales again, pauses, puffs, inhales, spits on the floor and looks up. A silver dagger planted in the doorpost behind him.

The prey runs again. The hunter follows. The hunter is close. The hunter sees the target. Feels the target. The hunter is fast, the prey becomes tired. Boots echoing through the streets of the ancient medieval town. The hunter jumps from rooftop to rooftop, following the shadow of the prey through the light of the street lanterns.

The prey starts to realise he can't keep up this pace. While he keeps running, he unsheats his silver blade, stops, turns around, his back against a wall, and waits.

The hunter is above him, on the roof. The prey waits, stays silent.

The hunter jumps down. The prey looks at him. "So, she picked you to attack me." The prey starts shaking his head. "A terrible mistake."

The hunter doesn't answer, his face remains without expression. He draws his blade. The prey doesn't stand a chance against his drugged attacker. He manages to block one attack, but the second attack comes before he can move his sword in another direction. The blow slices him open from the belly up to the chest.

The prey sinks on his knees and looks up. The reflection of the moonlight on the silver blade was the last thing pevergreen ever saw.

Day 12

Diana Abnoba looked up as 5 daggers showed up.

She briefly stared at each one of them and then she sighed, for a short moment, a glimpse of sadness on her face.

"Let's talk."

Alive (6)

1. Diana Abnoba
    2. Double A
    3. Methos
    4. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    5. Kagemusha
    6. DiamondEye

Killed (23)

autolycus
    Yaropolk
    Chaotix
    Centurion1
    Ibn-Khaldun
    Psychonaut
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Yaseikhaan
    Peasant Phill
    Death is yonder
    YLC
    Secura
    Captain Blackadder
    GreyBlades
    Niklas
    TinCow
    Kukrikhan
    Renata
    Choxorn
    Jolt
    TheFlax
    Beefy187
    pevergreen

Lynched (10)

Csargo
    Askthepizzaguy
    Seon
    GeneralHankerchief
    Romanic
    atheotes
    Beskar
    The Stranger
    Scienter

WoG (1)
    AVSM

Ja mata, TosaInu

Day 12 - Conclusion

Methos had often contemplated what happens after death, especially since so many fell by his own hand. He used to fear it, or more accurately, he feared the unknown of death, but not any more. Since coming here he’d learned that death meant nothing, as the souls of that individual still existed and were able to communicate their foolishness just as they did in life. For that he reasoned that what did it matter anymore, so with that, he calmly stepped forward and handed his silver dagger to his Naib.

“I vote myself”.

Diana nodded and snapped her fingers. The remaining daggers put Methos in chains and led him to a special execution platform. But all there was on top of the wooden platform was a big comfy chair. Looking confused, Methos sat down in the comfy chair and allowed himself to be strapped in.

Diana stood on the platform with Methos, and addressed him, while the other daggers watched.

Diana began:

"You are accused of blasphemy, heresy, consorting with vampires, impersonating a swiss maid, high treason, crude and boorish behavior, grand larceny, grand theft auto, low treason, impersonating a taiwanese daredevil, first degree murder, improper disposal of a corpse, improper relations with a corpse, drinking Heineken and liking it, using your cellphone in a restaurant, medium treason, littering, witchcraft, improper reanimation of a corpse, impersonating a pirate, gratuitous depictions of nudity in a moving picture, not worshipping Andres last Friday, grievously improper use of a plunger, ties to an international communist conspiracy, unpaid parking tickets, and general scumminess. How do you plead?"

Methos proudly lifted up his chin, and with a gleam of sadness in his eye, he gave the people what they wanted...

"I plead guilty. No one else could have done these heinous crimes. I accept my sentence."

Methos knew he was innocent, but nothing was going to change the minds of this mob of people bent on violent murder. He was once one of them... so he knew he was no better. He felt the only thing to do was to give them some small bit of hope and a feeling of accomplishment. It was his final gift to a doomed group of well-meaning vigilantes.

Diana nodded. "Okay. BACK UP THE TRUCK!!!"

A large red truck emerged and began backing up towards the execution platform. Methos tried to crane his head around to see what was in store for him, but he couldn't see. All he could hear was the roar of the engine and the noise that a truck makes when backing up.

A pair of daggers ran to the truck and began unraveling a long hose. They brought it quickly up the steps of the wooden platform, and handed the hose to the Naib, kissed her shiny black boots, and then backed away with their heads lowered in respect. "Kill me next, honored Naib!" they pleaded, for it was indeed an honor to be slain by a woman so glorious as Diana Abnoba.

Diana ordered Methos to open his mouth, and when he did, she began stuffing the hose down his throat, causing him to gag uncontrollably. Tears welled up in his eyes as he felt the cold black hose being fed all the way down to his stomach.

"Begin!" bellowed the Naib.

A dagger pulled the lever on the truck, and the thick brown fluid began pumping through the black hose, all the way up the steps of the execution platform, and down into Methos' stomach. He had no idea what was being pumped down his gullet.... was it drugs? deadly poisons? toxic waste? raw sewage? His brain fired rapidly, and he began to panic. He started moaning for the terrible torture to stop, but his words were unintelligible. He felt his stomach begin to expand uncomfortably, and he started choking as the fluid began seeping back up.... and then he tasted the foul liquid he was being slain with.

It was sweet.... very sweet. It made his mouth tingle. It tasted so familiar, what could it be?

"That's enough!" shouted the Naib.

The dagger reversed the lever, and the pumping stopped. Diana took her sword and cut the hose off, mere inches from Methos' face. What now?

The Naib took out a roll of familiar-looking candy, tore it open slightly, and slid the entire roll into the hose. She forced Methos' head back and allowed the roll of candy to slide down the hose and into his stomach. Then she withdrew the hose, and covered Methos' mouth with duct tape. Methos was still as puzzled as he was before, until he saw the truck drive off.

"Oh my God...." thought Methos.

The Naib turned quickly and ran from the platform, and the crowd began to back up, and cover themselves with a plastic sheet.

Within a few seconds, it began. The dark brown fluid in Methos' stomach reacted with the mint-flavored candy, and the pressure began to build. Methos' eyes bugged out as Diet Coke shot fifty feet out from his nose. The Diet Coke exploded from his mouth, and a geyser of cola sprayed all over the enthusiastic crowd. But the pressure continued to build, until finally....

KABOOOM!!!!

Methos' head exploded, and a giant fountain of Diet coke erupted from his neck hole. A representative from the Guiness Book of World Records was there, and was able to verify that it was the single largest Mentos and Diet Coke explosion ever.

Everyone in the crowd began to applaud enthusiastically. They had done it! They were in the book of world records! Diana herself was very pleased, and bowed before the crowd. A voice in the clouds grumbled: "That'll teach him! Drinking Heineken and liking it!" Everyone, even the Gods, cheered for their Naib, the greatest Naib that ever lived! Hoooray!!!

Forgotten in all of the celebration was all the worry and fear about the Ancient One or the threat he posed. And soon, night would fall...

Tally:

Methos: 4 (Double A, Diamondeye, splitpersonality, Methos)

Not voting: 2 (Diana Abnoba (Naib), Kagemusha)

Alive (5)

1. Diana Abnoba
    2. Double A
    3. spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    4. Kagemusha
    5. DiamondEye

Killed (23)

autolycus
    Yaropolk
    Chaotix
    Centurion1
    Ibn-Khaldun
    Psychonaut
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Yaseikhaan
    Peasant Phill
    Death is yonder
    YLC
    Secura
    Captain Blackadder
    GreyBlades
    Niklas
    TinCow
    Kukrikhan
    Renata
    Choxorn
    Jolt
    TheFlax
    Beefy187
    pevergreen

Lynched (11)

Csargo
    Askthepizzaguy
    Seon
    GeneralHankerchief
    Romanic
    atheotes
    Beskar
    The Stranger
    Scienter
    Methos

WoG (1)
    AVSM

Ja mata, TosaInu

Night 12 - Conclusion

"Wake up!"

The earth started trembling.

"Wake up, slave!"

Crawling hands. Suddenly, a hole and a body holding its' head in its' hands appeared, surrounded by the smell of rotten pepperoni pizza.

"So, you wanted to be a master, eh?"

The remnants of Askthepizzaguy put its' head on its' shoulders and it started to fanatically nod; his lips forming the word "yes!" over and over again.

"You want to be vampire master?"

Askthepizzaguy started to fanatically jump up and down (illustration -> ) until his head fell of. He quickly grabbed it and started to jump again, the head in his hands forming the word "please!" over and over again.

The creature sitting on a rock opposite him started to laugh.

Pizza's head smiled. The decent lipreader could see what he was saying. "Oh! I'm going to be master! Me so happy!" and again, he jumped up and down ()

The creature stopped laughing.

"No! You're nothing more than a corpse! And you'll obey my orders, slave! Now put that head back on your shoulders, for starters!"

Pizza stopped jumping, a sad expression on his face, but the body obeyed.

"Good, listen very carefully."

Double A was sitting in his room, reading letters from the home front.

Single A was doing fine, his mom wrote. Triple A was missing his brother and his exams didn't go too well, but his other brother, Quadrupel A had exciting news: he was going to be a father. The child would be called One Fourth A.

Excited with the news that the A family was growing, Double A forgot all precautions, grabbed his cloak and went outside.

Walking down the streets of Granada, he was looking for a discoteca, because he had something to celebrate!

Suddenly, he saw a sign: AA.

He started shaking his head. No, he couldn't do this. He had promised he'd never touch alcohol again. There was a reason he was called Double A. Ashamed with himself, he turned and went back to the hotel room.

While he was very busy being angry with himself for his lack of self-discipline, he didn't notice the dark figure behind him until the wooden club hit him on the back of the head. A quick blow with a sharp sword ended his life.

spL1tp3r50naL1ty was writing in his diary when he heard somebody knocking on the door.

"Who's there?"

No reply.

"Why don't you just get your lazy moving and open the door."

"Because we're not supposed to open the door!"

"Wuss!"

"Leave me alone."

"Open the door or I'll open the door myself."

"No you won't."

"Oh no? Look at me, I'm standing up and..."

spL1tp3r50naL1ty punched himself in the face.

"Ouch! Why did you do that?"

"You won't go open that door."

"Oh yes, I will!"

spL1tp3r50naL1ty punched himself a few more times in the face.

"Do you hear me know?"

"No, I didn't quiet catch that, split."

spL1tp3r50naL1ty punched himself in the face again.

"Still not getting it."

A few more punches.

"Ok. I got it."

As soon as spL1tp3r50naL1ty was done punching himself, the knocking started again.

A small note was being pushed under the door.

spL1tp3r50naL1ty picked up the note. It said "Pepperoni pizza for you!"

"Oh! Pizza! I love Pizza! I'm so happy they picked me! Pizza! It's been ages since I had pizza! I'm so grateful, mister Pizzaguy, for picking me!"

Enthusiastically, spL1t and p3r50naL1ty opened the door with a big smile.

They stood eye in eye with the walking corpse of Askthepizzaguy.

"But, but, you're..."

Two hands on spL1tp3r50naL1ty's throat started to strangle him. The hands tightened their grip and within seconds, spL1tp3r50naL1ty's neck was broken.

Immediately, Pizza's body evaporated and only dust and ashes remained...

Day 13

Diamondeye and Kagemusha entered the courtyard.

The Naib was waiting and stared at them, utterly confused.

"Is that all?"

Both men looked back at here, a grim expression on their faces.

Diana Abnoba felt uncomfortable.

"We'll have to chose a new Naib, today."

Both men stood in the shadow, staring back at the Naib. They clearly didn't trust her.

With an uneasy feeling, Diana went over to her chair, to open the proceedings. The two other remaining daggers took a seat as well.

The three looked at each other. There was no trust and it felt like blood could be spilled any minute.

It was in this deadly silence that the day started...

Alive (3)

1. Diana Abnoba
    2. Kagemusha
    3. DiamondEye

Killed (25)

autolycus
    Yaropolk
    Chaotix
    Centurion1
    Ibn-Khaldun
    Psychonaut
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Yaseikhaan
    Peasant Phill
    Death is yonder
    YLC
    Secura
    Captain Blackadder
    GreyBlades
    Niklas
    TinCow
    Kukrikhan
    Renata
    Choxorn
    Jolt
    TheFlax
    Beefy187
    pevergreen
    Double A
    spL1tp3r50naL1ty

Lynched (11)

Csargo
    Askthepizzaguy
    Seon
    GeneralHankerchief
    Romanic
    atheotes
    Beskar
    The Stranger
    Scienter
    Methos

WoG (1)
    AVSM

Ja mata, TosaInu

Day 12 - Conclusion

The last daggers were beginning to gather their courage in one final accusation of Kagemusha. They accused him of infiltrating and destroying their organization, of raising the dead to serve his will, and of jaywalking. When faced with all of these accusations however, the man they knew as Kage Al Musha simply shrugged. "Wasn't me. But I have it from a reliable source over at the CivFanatics that Diamondeye is a vampire!"

From beyond the grave was heard the moans of the fallen CFCers "Oh God, not again!" Briefly counciling with these honorable spirits of Niklas, Renata, Methos, Choxorn and many others, Diana Abnoba soon turned on Kage Al Musha again; "Is this reliable source of which you speak a man named Earthling?"

Kage Al Musha laughed. "On the contrary. His name is Diamondeye."

Diana Abnoba turned around, apprehension slowly dawning upon her as she saw the wide smile on Diamondeye's lips. Quietly and controlled, Diamondeye spoke; "He's right... For days I've been holding my breath - well not literally since I don't breathe - as you removed my enemies one by one, dear Diana, and now I believe it is time to reward you..."

"Now wait," Diana Abnoba suggested. "No! Shut up!" Diamondeye countersuggested, quite forcibly, his voice trembling with thunder. "You no longer have any authority over me, Naib! For too long I've been bowing, kissing boots, delaying important phonecalls and running petty errands for you matriarchs. No more! The Masquerade ends here!"

Diana Abnoba looked around and saw that Kagemusha, the loyal slave of the Vampire, was standing next to DiamondEye, a wooden club in his left hand, a razor sharp katana in his right hand. Diamondeye spoke again, "I should probably thank you for removing Caine, he who Alim and I imprisoned so long ago. The last contestant to my throne has fallen to the Silver Daggers. And now, the Silver Daggers fall to me. You have been a valuable tool, Diana, perhaps more than you know. Perhaps even more than Kagemusha here - or Romanic, who sadly isn't here to celebrate with us..."

"Wait, so, Atheotes-"

"SILENCE for the sake of eternal life, woman! Your reward for this is that you can die while still carrying the title of Naib. You won't have any daggers to command over, that goes without saying. But from my impression of your rule until now, I believe that's only a slight hindrance to your megalomania."

Diamondeye unsheathed his long silver blade, running it straight through the chest of Diana Abnoba. The Naib looked at him, too shocked to have reacted and even now too shocked to wail or scream in pain.

"So, this is it? We lose?", she mumbled. Diamondeye beamed, his fangs glinting. "I'm glad you asked... Yes. You lose... Which means..."

"WE WIN!"

The Ancient Vampire bowed over to his loyal slave and sank his teeth in his neck. After he was done sucking the blood of his slave, he stood up and watched how Kagemusha was on his knees.

"As I promised, your reward: the second embrace and the gift of eternal life. Stand up, dear Kage Al Musha; you're a slave no longer. From now on, you'll be my trusted ally. An immortal, just like me!"

Kage stood up and felt the power running through his body.

The daemonic laughter of the Ancient Vampire, Nikolaos, and the newborn vampire Kagemusha, pierced the silent night for miles and miles around. The Silver Daggers were no more.

Sitting in a cave, Caine was still recovering. He could hear the laughs of the traitor and his follower. He tried to hit his fist on the stone wall, but even for that, he was too weak. He whispered through his teeth: "One day, I will have my revenge, Nikolaos. One day, I will destroy you!"

Alive (2)

1. Kagemusha - slave
    2. DiamondEye - Nikolaos (The Ancient)

Killed (25)

autolycus
    Yaropolk
    Chaotix
    Centurion1
    Ibn-Khaldun
    Psychonaut
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Yaseikhaan
    Peasant Phill
    Death is yonder
    YLC
    Secura
    Captain Blackadder
    GreyBlades
    Niklas
    TinCow
    Kukrikhan - Caine (secret role)
    Renata
    Choxorn
    Jolt
    TheFlax
    Beefy187
    pevergreen
    Double A
    spL1tp3r50naL1ty

Lynched (11)

Csargo
    Askthepizzaguy
    Seon
    GeneralHankerchief
    Romanic - slave
    atheotes
    Beskar
    The Stranger
    Scienter
    Methos

WoG (1)
    AVSM

MAFIA VICTORY -

I'm at work now, so you'll have to wait a while until I'll be able to post the roles - game mechanics and my host diary. I hope you had as much fun playing as I had hosting this one.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Here's my diary.

It's longish, so I've put it in spoilers:

Day 1

The first election of the Naib.

A lot of noise by The Stranger, who kinda dominated the debates. Well, not really dominated, he was just, eh, very present and enthusiastic.

Secura got selected as Naib. Nice to see one of the newer players grabbing this position. Will all the female players stick together in this game? Will girl power defeat the evil vampires and show the masculin players how this game is supposed to be played?

We’ll probably learn all about it on Kage’s new televions station

32 out of 40 voted, not bad, but there’s room for improvement. Yes, I’m demanding

johnhuhghtom pm’ed me four names. Random.org decided that the slaves will be Kagemusha and Romanic. This is Romanics’ first large game at the .Org, if I’m not mistaken. Should be interesting. I still remember PK getting a crucial role in his very first mafia game, Trapped in Taormina, hosted by yours truly and he managed to pull off a victory!

A new player and two experienced “survivors”, i.e. players who tend to stay alive until the endgame. Nice team.

Of course, they don’t know much about the secret role…

N1

Caine aka Kukri follows tradition and investigates GH and Sasaki, who are both innocent townies.

Secura orders Beskar to protect Renata. At this stage of the game, succesfully protecting somebody is a matter of being very lucky. This protection ability will become more and more important the more the game progresses. For now, it’s just a matter of being lucky or not.

Romanic used random.org to decide his kill choice and he came up with autolycus who wanted to be replaced. Funny. I wonder what they’ll make of it. It makes the mafia appear as very sportsmanslike fellows.

Bad luck for DiY, who is first on the replacement list and eager to play. He’ll have to wait until someone else wishes to quit. I’m curious if the town will pay attention to this kill choice. After all, it could be interpreted as a noble mafioso killing the townie who no longer wishes to play.

Kagemusha wants to kill Yaropolk. His motives are ”Shadow Fort”; something tells me I should have participated in that game…

Day 2

The Stranger got some votes, as could be expected, given his talkative nature. I think he’ll stay alive until midgame if he survives this round.

Don’t really understand the bandwagon on Csargo. Why are they lynching him? Because he tends to survive long and having Csargo in the end-game is confusing? Becaue he won Swords in the Moon?

Heck, if the game continues with only a few players alive, it’s always confusing, certainly in a game like this, with no more than four roles on 40 players. Anyone reaching endgame will be a possible suspect. The reason s for lynching Csargo seem rubbish to me, but it seems like he’ll be the one to go.

No pm from Secura, so will have to do lynch write-up myself.

I think I can come up something that will motivate the Naib and future Naibs to make sure they pm me with something for the lynch

Night 2

Kukri investigates the “big talkers” Renata and Pizza. Both are innocent.

The vampire team will kill Chaotix and Centurion1. Good choices for early game, imo.

Day 3

Hmmm…

ATPG is right about Kage using the Sahara news as cover; allthough Kage already started with it before he was chosen as slave. If Kage survives the game, then some people will be very frustrated when looking back at this day phase. They had him by his “titanium testicles” for a short while, but let him go.

A wee bit pressure on Romanic, but he handles himself perfectly. I’m getting memories about PK winning Taormina as a completely new player.

No suspicion on johnhughthom whatsoever. They’ll probably let him off the hook during his week absence. If only he manages to post in at least one day phase to avoid being replaced. I’ll keep my thumbs up that you’ll have internet on your holiday, john.

Currently, Pizza is in the lead with 5 votes. I’m a bit concerned by the low number of people actually voting. I hope more players will get active. I still have a couple of people on the replacement list, but it’s not endless and I’d hate to have more than 3 or 4 WoG’s.

Well, that’s it, Pizza gets lynched. Secura wants Sasaki to help. Let’s see what we can make of this.

Probably not what she had in mind

N3

Not much time to follow the game; week-end is busy.

Ibn-Khaldun and Psychonaut die tonight. Killing Psycho might be an error, it’s always good to keep him around until late midgame, he has a tendency to end up lynched.

Secura has no luck with her protections.

Kukri investigates TheFlax and DiY. Both are innocent.

D4

Org is lagging at a very inconvenient time for me. This is driving me crazy.

Hmmm, Psychonaut names Romanic as a possible suspect and ATPG names both Romanic and Kage in the same post. Let’s hope people don’t catch up on that, I don’t want this one to end prematurely…

Luckily for our mafiosi, TS draws so much attention to him that Pscyho and ATPG are completely being ignored.

It’s going between the lurker Seon and the spamme…, eh, I mean, active and enthusiastic contributor, The Stranger. Seon voted himself and everybody seems to think it’s a tie. They are mistaken, Seon has one vote more than TS. If Seon doesn’t manage to get back in time, he’ll get lynched by his own vote.

Secura pm’ed me to say that in case of a tie, Seon gets lynched.

Seon isn’t back in time, so he gets the noose.

A little suspicion has been cast on the two henchmen, I’m wondering if they’ll get more attention next round.

N4

Mafiosi make interesting kill choices: Sasak and ‘khaan. Refreshing choices; I think it’s good the mafia is making unusual kills, it’s boring to have the same 15 or so players in the end game every game. And I guess they’re speculating on Sasaki losing attention after dead.

Kukri investigates split and Jolt. Understandable choices; both would be good candidates for henchmen, but no cigar, dear Caine. So far, Kukri has played a perfect game; as good as no suspicion whatsoever and nicely flying under the radar. Of course, in these games, things can change drastically in no morebut one round, but I think Kukri will makeit far into this game. He and johnhughthom are worthy adversaries in avoiding suspicion. The only flaw in Kukri’s play style is that he risks that eventually will call him out on his semi-lurking and then he’ll have to take a stance. I hope he read the thread and pays good attention so that, if the need is there, he can defend himself.

Renata has TinCow protecting Diana Abnoba; I wonder how Scienter likes that

D5

Hmmm, it seems like making fun of Sasaki Kojiro using the Miyamoto Mushashi theme has struck a nerve…

Nananana, Mushashi won, nananana

Anyway, both Sasaki and ‘khaan think this was a GeneralHankerchief move. Ha! Traditionalists! As if GH is the only one capable of doing that. Alas, guys, you’re wrong.

So far, Sasaki is calling several players scum; maybe he’s just looking for reactions, but it isn’t helping much, I think.

I think Scienter will be lynched in this game eventually, several people are commenting on her. I’d like to see how she handles herself under pressure. I think this one is to be feared once she gets a mafia role.

But of course, paranoid town will lynch GH first, simply because Sasaki and ‘khaan got killed. Gah. I never really believed in looking at the kill choices to catch scum.

Psycho nor ATPG are mentioning their suspicion about Kage and Romanic from the previous round.

Are the slaves off the hook?

If people keep focusing on GH-TC-Scienter, then our mafiosi are safe for a while. All in all, a good round for our villains.

A pity GeneralHankerchief will be taking a time off from mafia, but I’m sure it’ll be temporary. He wants to get burned in his lynch scene, while smiling sadly. Let’s see what we can do with that; I hope he’ll like the result.

Enjoy the break, but please, come back soon, dear GH; the Gameroom isn’t the same without you

N5

But the game continues…

Who will get killed tonight?

Peasant Phill and Death is yonder. Peasant Phill seems a good kill choice, no suspicion on him, doesn’t post much, but makes good analysis. Hementioned he didn’t have too much time to dedicate on the game, so activity will probably drop after dead. Understandable choice. I feel a bit sorry for DiY, since he entered the game as a replacement and he really wanted to play, but it’s an understandable choice. His play doesn’t draw much suspicion on him and he’s paying attention to the game, analysing behaviour. I think the mafia made good kill choices here. Low profile players, not scummy and making good analysis. It’s the kind of play that gets you killed.

Kukrikhan investigates the innocent Scienter and… Kagemusha! He’s found himself his first slave. I wonder what he’ll do with this information next night. Will he calmly keep investigating until he finds his nemesis, Nikolaos, or will he take out Kage at night? Looking forward to next night.

Day 6:

Wow, Romanic suddenly starts to feel pressure. And Kage is being under suspicion as well. Interesting, but things can change fast in this game.

Post #907 by Renata is a great post. But will she be able to convince the town?

It’s starting to look very bad for Romanic, I’m afraid the mafia will lose its’ first member. It’s still pretty early in the game.

But Romanic is doing very, very well. Are you really that new to mafia? Keep this up and you’ll be the revelation of the year? Or will it be Renata? Niklas, DiamondEye and Secura also made good impressions on me in previous games. Our newer members are all assets The future of the GR seems assured. Nice.

And see, not only does Romanic defends himself brilliantly, he also manages to get the town vote for the one he switched his vote to! There goes White_Eyes:D… And Romanic lives to fight another day.

This round started terrible for the mafia, but all ended well.

What did I say about things changing fast in these games?

Very well played, Romanic

And now up to an interesting night; I wonder what Kukri will do.

Night 6

No orders from Kukri  Gah.

The slaves are having a discussion. Kage wants to kill YLC and Secura to makei t look as if the mafia tries to frame him. He hopes he’ll be able to use that to divert attention away from Romanic. He’s also convinced town won’t lynch him for it, because it would be too obvious a frame attempt.

Romanic isn’t too sure about it.

Diamondeye will be replacing johnhuhgthom; I really feel sorry for johnhughthom, but I have to replace him, otherwise, people will grow suspicious of him because he hasn’t been WoG’ed after an entire week of inactivity. So sorry about this.

I like Romanics’ way of thinking: trying to be elected as Naib and then blatantly use the vig kills and take the lynch after no longer being Naib. I like it, but I’m afraid it won’t happen with the suspicion already gathered by the slaves. And it’s not really an option for the Godfather, since he’ll end up lynched after his term as Naib. However, if DE manages to stay out of the spotlights, then he could try to get himself elected and win the game with the vig kills later on.

Renata protects Diana, no luck.

Day 7

Romanic gets bandwagoned. It doesn’t seem like he’ll manage to escape death this time.

You did very well, good sir and it is a joy to have you in my game

But it’s not over yet and already you are developping plans and strategies to help your team after dead.

That’s the spirit! Kudos to you!

Never, ever give up. As long as the final write-up hasn’t been posted, the game is not over!

Will Renata come to the rescue with her case on atheotes? Too late, I’m afraid. There goes Romanic.

And Diana is the new Naib. Do I sense a female conspiracy here?
    Aha, Renata is a Princess Bride fan. Great idea for a lynch write-up!

Night 7

With Romanic down, team Nikolaos only has one kill and the resurrection mechanic will come to work, which means Kukri will get to kill starting next night. They’re discussing if they should use the extra Nikolaos kill to make it appear as if Romanic wasn’t scum. That’s one way of using it and it seems about the best way of using it too.

Funny: the Naib uses Kage to protect Diamondeye; of course, being ordered to protect doesn’t block the mafia, that would make town a bit too overpowered in a game with 3 mafia (of which one GF whose dead = defeat) + 1 extra bad guy vs. 36 townies with two vig kills and guaranteed protection every night at their disposal.

Kukri investigates for the last time (but he doesn’t know this yet): Diana and TC, both are innocents.

I want my orders and I want them now! Lazy vampire and slaves Ok, just in time: Captain Blackadder and Greyblades go down.

Day 8

Kukri got his pm in which he is granted the power of resurrection due to the dead of the first slave. It’s a game mechanic I developped to guarantee that the bad guys always have two kills. However, instead of the Godfather and his slaves having two kills, now one of their kills goes to Caine, their adversary. The write-ups of the “resurrection kills” will be very different, so I’m curious how town will respond to it.

Soon to be WoG’ed split gets voted. Town seems lazy, not much real discussion going on. Votes are switched to atheotes who doesn’t bother to show up today. Not a good round and a bit disappointing from the hosts’ perspective. We have what? Some 40 posts on 24 hours in a 40 player game? Meh. Then again, maybe I’m spoiled. Where are the days when a host was more than happy if his game ended with 900 à 1.000 posts. I think we’ll have far more than that in this game. I’m a spoiled brat.

Except for the mafia at their quicktopic, nobody bothered to mention the lightning storm. Did they read the write-up until the end? Was it not obvious enough?

Night 8

Kukri decides to refrain from killing. Not a choice I would have made, but then again, the kills will go down to one and will be back up to two next night, so it’ll add to the speculation and drama, I hope (assuming Kukri will kill next night).

Team Nikolaos decides to take out Niklas.

Naib orders: Kukri will protect Choxorn. Again, an inconclusive protection.

Day 9

I hope it gets better; town has been a bit lazy the last couple of days (yeah I’m spoiled and demanding)

With Kukri deciding not to kill, we’re down to 1 kill; I guess town will now be convinced atheotes was scum. Poor atheotes.

Hmmm… They are considering the possibility that the mafia deliberately dropped down to one kill to confuse town. It’s plausible and it has been done before (don’t remember in which game). Good. Allthough they’re wrong, I like to see a town that keeps all options open and refuses to let themselves be distracted too much. Focus on the thread behaviour. Forget the rest.

TinCow is right; don’t focus too much on the drop in kills. Even if you know for sure that atheotes is mafia, then that still doesn’t help you that much. Sure, you can try looking for connections; some mafiosi don’t pick on each other in the thread, others do exactly that to distance themselves from each other. I know several players who do that. Some players have done both. Allthough I’m guilty of doing it as well, basing your votes on connections with presumed scum, is not good. It’s better to analyse the player; if you find a connection with a confirmed scum, so much the better. However, in mafia games at the .Org, there hardly are confirmed scums; hosts here usually do not reveal roles upon death. So lynching someone because of a connection isn’t a good idea, since the person you’re conntecting the suspect to, might be an innocent player.

As TinCow says, at best, you can use it as “supporting evidence”. I think other players might disagree though; IIRC, Sasaki once said that looking for connections between people is one of his ways to find mafia.

How to find mafia based on thread behaviour is a fascinating question. It’s difficult and often more question of luck than skill, but some of us are good at it, so it must be possible to develop a certain skill in it. It makes vanilla games interesting, certainly when you’re nearing the endgame and every player has an air of scummines around him. Of course, not all vanilla games had great endgames, but think Godfather III and Mafia VI and you’ll know what I mean. I’m thinking Renata is pretty good at goo.

Enough rambling already, back to the game.

I think Kage is going to feel much pressure this round.

A bit bickering between Scienter and TinCow. Hey, don’t do this to me. I merely wanted to host a mafia game, not be the direct cause of marital issues

And Sasaki keeps spouting random accusations. Or will he make his move when we’re down to 10?

Allthough things are looking bad for Kage, nobody really suspects Kukri or Diamondeye. Good; hopefully the game will last for a couple of more rounds. That and the few surprises there are still to come should make for an interesting end game.

Kukri already pm’ed me that he wants to use his lynch redirect ability should Kage get the most votes. And an hour later, DE pm’ed me with a similar request. Kukri was first, so his order takes prevalence. Not only town, but Nikolaos and his slaves are in for a surprise! Good. The more chaos and confusion, the better!

Ah Romanic. Nice effort to try to get TheFlax lynched, but it’ll be in vain. But you can keep hammering on it and maybe you’ll succeed to convince the town to waste another lynch.

And there comes split, saving himself from the WoG; his vote for TheFlax looks scummy. I hope it won’t backlash to him. Ehm, no, who am I kidding, I have a soft spot for my mafiosi… Let it backlash and keep my mafiosi alive

Ok Sasaki, now I’m starting to think you’re just accusing everybody so that when the game ends, you can quote yourself and say “See! I knew it! I told you, but nobody wanted to listen to me, oh no!”

Ok, write-up time. They’ll be very surprised to see that Kage survives.

Night 9

An interesting night!

TinCow is prosecuting The Stranger and builds up his case against him. Coincidentally, he’s going to die tonight.

Team Nikolaos makes a very wise choice for a kill: TinCow. Allthough TC had been under suspicion, it’s wearing off. With this kill, they don’t just take out a strong opponent, but they’ll make The Stranger look very, very scummy. TS has been annoying to many townies. That and the clear frustration he showed when TC was making his case, will make him look very bad now. Given his behaviour, people might think he is a mafia who got so fed up with TC’s pressure that he killed him, figuring he’d end up lynched anyway, so why not taking out his biggest opponent.

I don’t know if I’m allowed to play in Kage’s “Who’s next”, but my money is on The Stranger.

Kukrikhan resurrects atheotes to take Renata. Great. Renata was the one who wanted to see atheotes lynched and now he comes back for revenge. Nice.

The Naib will use a vigilante kill on Kukrikhan. There goes Caine, I’m afraid. The reserve GF dies before he can kick out the original GF.

This also means the power of resurrection will go to DE and he’ll be able to use it for the first time N10.

Day 10

Town has 3 à 4 lynches and one vig attempt left to win this game. If they make a mistake with the vig, though, then they’ll lose a lynch round, I think. Whoever is Naib, will need nerves of steel to avoid using the vig too soon. They also have the protection thing, so if they’re lucky, they can slow down the mafia. Then again, there’s only one GF left to take down, so they have a good shot at winning this game.

Interesting endgame.

The Stranger will get lynched for being annoying and… being alive? Not a good lynch imo; no mafioso would play like TS, that’s just too risky. They’re falling to easily for the mafia frame. Understandable, but still not a good lynch.

Nice lynch write-up by Diana, but it’s still a bit too soft. I’ll exaggerate a bit more

N10

Ok, town, this is a question I need an answer to: why are you not using your vig kill on Kage? Why do you assume he’s the GF? Because of the lynch redirect? Wouldn’t that be a bit too easy for the GF to save himself using lynch redirect? At least using your vig on Kage is worth a try, isn’t it?

Diana : protects TheFlax

mafia kills Choxorn and Jolt; but good choices, none of them has gathered much suspicion so far.

Day 11

10 alive, two scums. I prodded Double A the previous day. I have been VERY lenient, only because I’m out of replacements.

Note to all of you lurkers who usually end up getting WoG’ed: by doing so, your team loses an extra lynch opportunity. In games where there are not so many rules, having one less lynch can be fatal. Indeed, the endgame in these vanilla (or almost vanilla) games is where town wins; in the early rounds, it’s difficult to catch scum, mafia is usually found when the game is nearing its’ end. The lynch and the discussion is the towns’ best weapon and by getting yourself WoG’ed, you take away an opportunity for your team to win.

So yeah, I hold all you lurkers who got WoG’ed in the past responsible for quiet a few town defeats. How many games haven’t we seen where just that one more extra round would have made the difference between town defeat or victory.

You sign up, you play. Not playing is letting your team down and not very sportsmanslike either.

But enough with the ranting already, let’s see how this round goes.

Sasaki is right, Kage should be vigged, not lynched. The lynch didn’t work and you still have a vig at your disposal: make use of it!

Diamondeye seems to be ver y low on the suspect list. People are more thinking TheFlax and Beefy187. Why is being a replacement player equal to being innocent?

Activity is very, very low at the moment. Some players really need to put more effort in; if you reach the endgame, you need to play, it’s that simple.

Renata is very close with her theory in post #1582. She’s playing a good game, but I doubt people realise it. Note for the future: pay more attention to what this woman says. She’s good.

Beefy votes himself because he doesn’t want to be a distraction later on. People go for Kage again. I would do the same in their place (allthough I would be very frustratred that the vig isn’t been used on him), but it’s not going to work. It wasn’t intended to be that way, but with Kukri using his ability to save Kage the other day, he now gets saved twice. Town will hate it. I do hope they’ll try to use the vig on Kage; if only to have a more interesting endgame.

Not even two pages of posts this day. Not enough for a crucial phase. Did I mention already that I’m spoiled and demanding?

Town is also not keeping all options open. TheFlax, Beefy187 and Kage have gotten lots of attention, other players much less.

I don’t know what’s been going on behind the scenes, I hope they’re screening all other players as well.

In mafia, always leave all options open.

Lynch redirect from Kage to Scienter. They’ll start to hate me now.

However, I still think the game is pretty well balanced.

4 bad guys; always 2 kills a night, no matter what. Town only needs to lynch 2 of them: the GF (Nikolaos) and the “reserve GF” (Caine). Add to that the possiblity that mafia might cross kill (Kukri was pretty powerful and able to kill the slaves and Nikolaos all by himself; that they always have a doctor (ok, slight chance that mafia got elected as Naib) and two guaranteed succesful vig kills at their disposal. That and their numbers: on 40 players, 36 are town.

And Kage is still having fun as confirmed scum :laug4:

No matter who wins, you get the joker award in this game

And so, Kage is the chosen one. Unfortunately for town, the lynch is redirected again and there goes Scienter, poor girl. I guess I’ll have to wait for the next game to see how you handle pressure.

Night 11

Ai, ai, ai. I think town makes a crucial mistake and decides to vig pevergreen. This move will probably cost you victory. I’m thinking something is going on behind the scenes and you’re on the wrong track. Of course, you can’t know what I know, but using the vig on Kage is worth a try, isn’t it?

Mafia hits Beefy187 and TheFlax, two of the more talkative of the remaning players. That leaves us with less talkative players, the scum and a Naib who isn’t allowed to vote. And no more vig kills at the towns’ disposal.

I hope they’ll go for the Kage lynch next day (it will succeed now), which should make for a very interesting final round (not that Kage doesn’t deserve to win, but I’d love to see an endgame with only a few alive; would they finally look at DE or is he “confirmed innocent” in the towns book?) Then again, maybe they won’t dare to lynch Kage now.

Exciting stuff.

Day 12

Ok. They now think Kage is lynch immune. That was to be expected. Should have vigged him.

Who will they turn to, now? Methos acted a bit scummy last night. Will he be the lynch? Or will it be the lurker Double A?

Post #1702 from Renata. Listen to her! She has been right on so many occasions in this game! I don’t know who is pulling the strings behind the scenes (if there is a behind the scenes going on, but I suspect as much), but next time, it should be Renata. She gets the Cassandra trophee for this game. She’s right, but nobody listens.

And there is Diana in post #1712 asking to lynch Kage. Ok, men, I think after this game, we have to admit that our cavemen tactics are far superior to the gentle female ruthless cunningness. If town would have listened to the ladies, the game would have lasted for another round with a chance to grab victory for town. Oh, Diana, don’t give up because some cavemen start yelling that Methos should go. Next time, be more confident in your own judgement! You’re right, the others are wrong!

Methos! Don’t give up! This is towns’ last chance. You need to post, kick a fuss, do all that’s possible to convince them you’re scum. Don’t vote yourself! Come on!

I’m starting to sound like a soccer coach, yelling at his team at the sidelines

And so it ends. Methos is lynched and the mafia wins.

Will I end it after I put up the night write-up or will I do something more cruel?

Pretending that the game still continues is more cruel than fake endings and it takes far less effort. Win-win. Well, from the evil and cruel hosts’ perspective, that is

Hilarious write-up from Diana and ATPG. Great stuff guys; it’s a joy to have you in my game!

N 12

Double A and split die at night.

Tomorrow Diana will be killed. Mafia can make their own write-up, give me a framework or give me carte blanche.

I’m hoping for a full write-up, I’m getting out of inspiration and the write-ups are getting time consuming. Somebody is in need of more Andres-attention, and she counts for two nowadays.

D13

Final day; will post final write-up when we’re somewhere half way through.

And so what will probably be my last hosted large game at the .Org comes to an end.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Role pm's:

The Ancient aka Nikolaos:

Quote Originally Posted by Andres

Nikolaos - Godfather

You are Nikolaos.

You used your double tongue to seduce Alim into betraying the Antediluvians.

You “saved” the vampire society by hunting and exterminating the Antediluvians and finally locking up Caine in his eternal prison in the Sahara.

In 1491 AD, you infiltrated the Silver Daggers and led them to Alim. While the entire vampire society thinks that Alim got hunted down by the daggers, you know better. You are now the undisputed leader of the vampire society.

Today, the day has come to eliminate the last threat to your powers: the daggers.

But you feel like something is wrong. A presence that shouldn’t be here…

Watch your steps, not everything may be as it seems… It appears that somebody is hunting you, but you don’t know who it is.

Role specifics:

You are Nikoloas, the undisputed ruler of the vampire society who grabbed power through treason and murder.

Your goal is to eliminate all silver daggers.

Your first task is to pm me the names of 4 players. Two of them will be assigned to you by me as your slaves, using random.org. Once the first Naib has been elected, I’ll pm you and your slaves so that you will know each others’ identity at the start of night 1.

Each one of your slaves has the ability to kill one player each night.

In addition to that, you have some powers, but you must be careful when using them, since you want to avoid to be exposed at all costs.

During the night, you can chose to kill one player at the cost of one masquerade violation. Once you’ve broken the masquerade, your next kill will expose you to the town with a 50 % chance of a partial exposure and a 50 % chance of an entire exposure. You can kill as much as you want, but, obviously, this is not a wise choice. Make your kill count!

During the day you can switch the player who will be lynched with another player of your choice. However, you cannot use this ability to save yourself from getting lynched. You can use this ability only once during the entire game.

Good luck!

Caine ('reserve GF'):

Caine

You are Caine, the first murderer, cursed by God and transformed into a vampire as punishment. Taught by the witch Lilith in the use of your powers, founder of the First City and disappeared after its' destruction.

But you never really disappeared…

In secret, you were the head of the Council of the Antediluvians during many centuries. Your had a great influence on human history, until the traitors, Alim and Nikolaos, trapped you into a cave, in the Sahara desert, centuries ago.

But you managed to escape. The knowledge they had about the seals, came from you. You taught the Antediluvians how to trap an Elder for eternity, without killing him. But you were wise never to trust your fellow kindred, so you left out a subtle part of the sealing knowledge.

After your escape, you were silent and patient. As an immortal, time is always on your side.

You watched Nikolaos killing Alim in Granada, in 1491 AD.

And now, you’re here.

Nikolaos is here too. Nowadays, he goes by the name “The Ancient”. Ridiculous. He isn’t even an Antediluvian and allthough he is not to be underestimated, he should be no match for your powers.

Alas, you cannot violate the masquerade, so you’ll have to be subtle and discrete in removing this traitor… The humans in this place are dangerous as well... This will not be an easy task.

Role specifics:

You are Caine, the first vampire.

Your goal is to eliminate Nikolaos, his slaves and all witnesses present.

During the night, you can chose to a) investigate two players; b) kill one player at the cost of one masquerade violation. Once you’ve broken the masquerade three times, your next kill will expose you to the town with a 50 % chance of a partial exposure and a 50 % chance of an entire exposure. Warning: you cannot night kill Nikolaos as long as both his slaves are alive. With one slave still alive, an attempt to kill Nikolaos at night will have a 50 % success chance. Failure will come at a cost...

During the day you can switch the player who will be lynched with another player of your choice. However, you cannot use this ability to save yourself or to get Nikolaos lynched. You can use this ability only twice during the entire game.

You are lynch immune during day 1 and 2.

If Nikolaos dies (he gets lynched or you manage to kill him at night), you’ll take control over his (remaining) slave(s) and you’ll continue the game until all Silver Daggers are dead or until you get lynched.

Good luck!

Slaves:

A presence. A soft whispering in the early night.

"Come to me. Come to me."

Kagemusha and Romanic knew what this was. It was the call. The call of a vampire master. Both knew that no human could resist such a call and they tried to slice their own throats using their silver dagger.

But the call was too powerful.

Standing before their new master, they bowed. His teeth pierced through the flesh of their necks.

A few moments later, the master slowly walked to the back of the room. He turned around and looked at both former daggers.

"Serve me well and I will complete the Embrace, children. Serve me well, and eternal life will be yours."

The slaves bowed deeply for their master, waiting for his orders.

Romanic and Kage, you have been chosen as the slaves of the Ancient.

You now form a team with johnhughthom, who is your master.

Each slave has the ability to kill one player per night.

You win this game if your master survives.

Your kill orders have to reach me before the night ends. I know RL can come up, so I accept orders by proxy (so each of you can send me orders for the entire team; in case orders are conflicting, johnhughthom's orders take priority).

Any questions, just drop me a pm.

Good luck and have fun!

Andres.

Mechanics:

Most of it is clear from the role pm's.

The only thing that needs to be explained is the "resurrection ability".

The idea was that, with 40 players, the bad guys always had to have two kills each night, to keep the game balanced.

A slave's dead would trigger the power of resurrection -> Cain would gain this ability and he had to kill instead of investigating, so that there would remain two kills.

If the second slave would die, the Ancient would be able to kill by himself; so two kills each night.

If Cain would die with two slaves alive; the Ancient would get a notice that "his powers have grown." If, after that, a slave would die, Nikoloas would get a notice that after meditating and studying his new powers, he discovered the secret of the resurrection power, and two kills remain guaranteed (note: by using resurrection, the Ancient is not killing, his 'slave' is; see the write-ups after Kukri's dead: The Ancient calls the resurrected player his "slave"; which was a subtle hint that it was the ancient doing the resurrection and a "slave" doing the kills). After the dead of slave 2, the Ancient would be able to resurrect 1 and kill 1 by himself, thus keeping it at two kills/a night.

If Cain would have killed Nikolaos (or Nikolaos would have ended up lynched), then he would have taken control over the remaining slave(s) and he would have had the same powers as Nikolaos.

I could have made it much simpler by just saying "mafia always has two kills", but I like a game that has some twists, because that makes it more interesting; well, at least for me looking from the hosts' perspective.

I think all in all, the game was well balanced, after all, town only needed to take out two players; the slaves were less important. Maybe I should have made it even more simple, but I was looking for an "almost vanilla" game.

Congratulations to the mafia, they played very well and truly deserved their victory. As you can see in the diary, town came pretty close at times, but missed a few chances which caused their defeat. I also think people should listen more to some of our newer players, they clearly know what they're doing, so a nod to the CFC crew

And kudos to Kukri. Being a loner in a large mafia game is never a gift. I think you did very well and maybe, with more luck in the investigations, you might had come a bit further. But apparently, your play was seen as "too careful" by town. Vigging you was a big succes for them. I never thought they would kill you, you're always such a nice guy. Bad townies, killing the nicest Orgah.

I hope you all had fun playing; I certainly had hosting.

Ja mata, TosaInu