Thread: So does my Battle of Waterloo strategy that good???

Kaishakunin Member smooth_operator's Avatar
    --somewhere where there's lots of peanuts-- --and beef--

Default So does my Battle of Waterloo strategy that good???

Okay, so when the battle starts, I immediately move all of my units except the 2 6lber artillery units. My plan there is to intercept the incoming Prussians and once I'm done, I proceed to flank the British. I put my fusiliers on the frontline to intercept with the horse artillery standing by to pepper the incoming Prussians with grape shots. Behind the fusiliers are my grenadiers to blast the tightly packed Prussians apart. Once the ordeal is finished, I then line up my troops again to start flanking the British. What's funny though is that the AI sends British units 1 or 2 at a time so I don't get a hard time annihilating them. And when an enemy cavalry charge is imminent, I switch my men immediately to square formation...In the end, or probably if the AI leaves Wellington unattended, I send lancers to finish him off...

So what do you think guys???
    a totally innocent sig...

Default Re: So does my Battle of Waterloo strategy that good???

errr...i forgot to mention..I moved all my units to the rightmost part of the map

Default Re: So does my Battle of Waterloo strategy that good???

I'll try it next time. I moved to the right to right to flank the English. I then got caught in a pickle between English and Prussians, and barely made it out alive. When all was said and done I had about 50 men left.
    "This is no way for a leader to behave, but in battle it's beyond belief."

Wink Re: So does my Battle of Waterloo strategy that good???

Quote Originally Posted by Ed TW View Post
    I'll try it next time. I moved to the right to right to flank the English. I then got caught in a pickle between English and Prussians, and barely made it out alive. When all was said and done I had about 50 men left.
    goodluck with doing it...leave your 6lber artillery behind to draw fire...a small sacrifice compared to what you can achieve...remember that in the rightmost part of the map, there is a small pass that you can use as a choke point to subdue the Prussians...it's relatively easy but never lose your focus because the British will try to flank you with cavalry from the area you just left...