Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: EB Online

Default EB Online

EB Online

Want to play competitive Europa Barbarorum? Follow the setup instructions on our website: https://ebmultiplayer.com/setup

Join our Discord server while you're at it: https://discord.gg/jjRTPMw

Historical note:
    Before Rome: Total War multiplayer was integrated with Steam, we had to use a virtual network software called Hamachi to play against one another. A special thank you to our long time EB Online veteran and patron Brave Sir Robin for this network. The old text is kept below for posterity.

Download and install Hamachi. Join the EBO network using the following ID and password:

Network ID: 100-792-846
    Password: eb

Install the latest version of the EB Online MP EDU found on our website. Run EB in multiplayer mode and play with others in the LAN lobby. Please leave the network when you are finished with your gaming session.

Special thanks to Brave Sir Robin for maintaining our EBO network.
    Last edited by vartan; 09-24-2020 at 05:06. Reason: Link to site and Discord server
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Members thankful for this post (3):

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Default Re: EB Online

Well done vartan. Good job. Lets just hope its not 8 Italian Romans vs all the other interesting factions.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky View Post
    Lets just hope its not 8 Italian Romans vs all the other interesting factions.
    Uh... why not?
    Proud Roman General

Because you all sit there turtling with arrows.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

The bow is a cowardly weapon.

Leave banter for the visitor messages on profile pages please. Thank you.
    Last edited by vartan; 08-31-2011 at 22:27.
    Former Projects:

Quote Originally Posted by Qvintvs View Post
    The bow is a cowardly weapon.
    Tell that to Legolas.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Finished essays: The Italian Wars (1494-1559), The siege of Buda (1686), The history of Boius tribe in the Carpathian Basin, Hungarian regiments' participation in the Austro-Prussian-Italian War in 1866, The Mithridatic Wars, Xenophon's Anabasis, The Carthagian colonization
    Skipped essays: Serbian migration into the Kingdom of Hungary in the 18th century, The Order of Saint John in the Kingdom of Hungary

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

Finally got EB Online to work. Now, just to pick a faction
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

Can we have a forum for EB2 Multi?

Can we have a forum for EB2 Multi?
    If you mean EB Online, we don't need forums. We just use the EB forum to create monthly threads (1 each month). If you mean EBII, it's not out yet. Rest assured, the Wiki and EB Online are definitely prepared and have plenty of space to fit EBII players! (certainly you'll see a shift in player-base but many people would stick with EBI as they may not own M2TW).

UPDATE: All text mentioning the Alexander engine for Rome: Total War has been removed from the website. If anybody spots remnants let me know so I can remove them. I have backups and am simply presenting an Alex-free instructions set because the community simply cannot cope with replay archives that will have a sub-set of Alex-only replays...such is simply a wrong thing to allow because what does that imply for those who do not own Alex? They cannot equally and justly review past games? Not fair. Not fair at all. RTW 1.5 will be used solely and exclusively (from another standpoint, EB is a modification for RTW, not ALX, as are some other mods). Also, remember that you should have a clean EB install, not one that has sub-mods or sub-mod packs such as the EB Mini-Mod Pack (exceptions to this being, for instance, the EB MP Load Replay Mod that you obviously need if you're going to replay battles; you should not replay battles using the single player EDU).
    Last edited by vartan; 06-02-2010 at 08:17.
    Former Projects:

IMPORTANT UPDATE: EB Online Network #1 is for practice/non-tourney matches. EB Online Network #2 is for tournament-only matches. You can read the same statement now on the website under Instructions page.
    Former Projects:

Would like to supply some proposals:

Do not play Flatland! Play Irish Marshlands instead - no less flat, but a lot nicer.

My lame game proposals:

Hunting - a certain unit needs to be retreated from battlefield 5 minutes after beginning of the battle, other side must try to destroy it. If it routs and does not stop halfway, the defender must accept defeat. Suggestions: Must be an unique (maybe elite) unit, not cavalry, no phalanxboxing it or boxing it at all. The attacker may also lose after some battle time (since time is undefined in such battles, could be guessed by quantity and tirediness of unts) Maybe an AI would do good as being a separate player and having that unit on defender side - but then you can`t try exotic solutions like hiding.
    Siege - self-explanatory. Suggestions: No phalanx, no cavalry. meh
    Teamwork - one player in a team can control infantry, the other cavalry, and other could control artillery. Some in-depth teamwork could be possible, like heavy and light infantry. It is when battles become more realistic. Suggestions: Artillery is so damn expensive :(.
    Nomad assault - Nomads invade your camp, can you spare your supplies? If you can make sure that they do not get a Heroic Victory after this, or even turn the tables, you will win! Suggestions - no phalanx (I have already saw how is it like when a phalanx suddendly turns...),, defending side has no cavalry, no boxing and. as the nomads, not peppering the enemy with the arrows until they are gone and only then charge.
    Uprising - Defending side must get to the other side of map without suffering more than 50% casualties. Attacker will only have access to militia units, which must be hidden through the battle map (preferably a forest) and pick the right moment to get them out. Suggestions: no spam, defender, must not look on the radar (meh)

If people could play fair, how well this could turn is inmeasurable.

Humans are not fair. Your proposals, on the other hand, are.

P.S. Play on EB maps, would ya guys? I really don't get the whole Grassy Flatlands thing anymore. Five years. Still? Sheesh.
    Former Projects:

Its better than that stupid hid anywhere egypt map...

OR the one that is like 10 meters of coast...

http://www.filefront.com/16702181/Horsies.rpy/

A good example of how to defeat a spear box strategy (not a phalanx box) with a steppe army, and a good example of how to defend against steppe armies and maintain formation cohesion as well.

I would really appreciate review, to help me improve my strategy, etc. before the tourney.

Thank you.
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

"To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

You would have died if those were Chevroned Classical hoplites. :-p

You would have died if those were Chevroned Classical hoplites. :-p
    What is a 1-cheved classic hop gonna do?
    Former Projects:

Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post
    +2 Moral counts a lot in proper hands.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Finished essays: The Italian Wars (1494-1559), The siege of Buda (1686), The history of Boius tribe in the Carpathian Basin, Hungarian regiments' participation in the Austro-Prussian-Italian War in 1866, The Mithridatic Wars, Xenophon's Anabasis, The Carthagian colonization
    Skipped essays: Serbian migration into the Kingdom of Hungary in the 18th century, The Order of Saint John in the Kingdom of Hungary

Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post
    Not die better. :-p

I think if I play KH, my goal is to draw every single opponent.

Not die better. :-p

I think if I play KH, my goal is to draw every single opponent.
    i would play KH in the tourney if could find 2 more KH players , so that we can form up one huge battle line , so epic that the other team will run at the sight of it ... also u can organise troops better .. one can bring a whole lot more line inf .. or skirmishers .. and i can just bring the elite troops .. so i do less work overall , but get to claim the victory when everyone else has routed .. muahahahahah jks .. but yes ... epic 4v4 KH 20km hoplite line ftw!1

oh yeah and grassy flatland???

the dec tournament that did not go through .. was going to have specific maps for each faction .. like home and away games .. and each home side gets a map suited to their area ? .. well this was the point of having teams for each faction ( and limiting them to ensure the ranks fill ) .. but anywayyy .. the marshlands and a few others are quite nice ..
    Last edited by mountaingoat; 06-10-2010 at 15:32.

The only limitation for maps, even though unwritten, is this: USE EB MAPS.

EDIT: This isn't official, it's ideal. Don't take this as a requirement in tournaments; even replays don't say which maps the battle was played on.
    Last edited by vartan; 01-18-2011 at 18:17. Reason: Addendum
    Former Projects:

Could someone link to a post with the full tourney rules? Army composition, etc? I recently played a match with gamegeek where I mistakenly kept firing missiles in melee (gund-i-palta on defensive), and he clued me into the fact that such a thing was not acceptable. If I take part in a future tourney, I'd like to play fair.

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

They're on the website, the link to which you can find in Vartan's sig above your post. It's the one called "EB Online".

Weird that I checked every section but that one. Honestly, I'm not retarded.

Mostly.

[Edit:] Good rules.

Except maybe having to announce using chariots or elephants beforehand. That seems like a sissy rule :).
    Last edited by MisterFred; 06-11-2010 at 19:54.

One problem with Sauromatae: they only have spearmen and archers for factional infantry. I suggest these additions:

Bosporan Archers
    All Baltic Units
    Bastarnae Infantry

I certainly agree with the Baltic units. Bastarnae seem like merc-types to me... but the Sarmatians really do need some other factional infantry.

And I'll say it again, having to announce elephants is an EXTREME penalty to an already rarely-used unit that costs about a third of your total mnai. Most armies don't have extra gund-i-palta sitting around... but they will when elephants are announced, and suddenly 3k mnai trounces your 13k investment.

I think the Getai need a few more units too. I mean , you cant recruit any scythian units even as mercs when on the EB campaign map you can recruit them in a homeland province?

Also Sweboz should get celtic slingers as factionals. They really cant defend against steppe people without them thus making them useless in the tournament.Maybe add some baltic archers as a bonus?:P

I would really love to see a larger spread of factions and these measures combined maybe with some "trees" maps and lowering the mnai might make them feasible in the tournament instead of the Cata wars we have now.

Tree maps are chosen by you when you host the game. How does one please everyone at once? Hmm. So Getai Sweboz and Sauro need more units? So far our factional lists are based on those from the EB site. The same concept is used at the wiki because those are actually more than factional (e.g. hoplites for Sauro). Others end up being recruitable because you've conquered such and such a region. As for mnai we're discussing a Low-Money mode in the rule-altering thread (for 2010, of course). I thought munky had the announce chariots/ele to represent scouting and whatnot.
    Last edited by vartan; 06-12-2010 at 00:35.
    Former Projects:

EB Online now has a 'Call Me' feature on the home page where you put in your number, Google connects you to our voicemail for free, and you may leave us a voice message, no matter it be a complaint, suggestion, question, or praise. Thank you.
    Former Projects:

Can i just go offline or do have to leave the network so i am not hogging space?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast