Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Campaign System

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Rahwana's Avatar
    Abduct Shinta, and doing something bad with her
    Blog Entries

Default The Campaign System

Cute Wolf allready set some "simulated campaign system", and as soon as I arrive at Bandung, I'll finish that job of scripting, now, we just wait for the map to be finished (and we should count the Wolf's research report also need to be taken care of)
    Last edited by Nyz; 09-06-2010 at 16:44.
    Angkara Murka di Macapada

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

Default Re: the campaign system

There's something Called "Shift Key" which when pressed, makes a Capital letter, they look good on Thread titles

~Jirisys (oh c'mon)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

Aye2, I'm actually got the map, culture, and UI on modfolder version now, but for some reason, it crashes when I quit the game I'll repair that first...

Oh yeah, and I also got another crash when try to change the "Zoroastrian" pip into Islam one...

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

Sang Hulu Jurit Balamati Member plutoboyz's Avatar
    Near a dammed warlike tribe called "Indonesian"

Quote Originally Posted by Cute Wolf View Post
    Aye2, I'm actually got the map, culture, and UI on modfolder version now, but for some reason, it crashes when I quit the game I'll repair that first...
    crash when quit? that silly...

Oh yeah, and I also got another crash when try to change the "Zoroastrian" pip into Islam one...
    looks like they refused to be converted.
    Last edited by plutoboyz; 06-02-2010 at 08:50.

Blog Entries

not silly, cultural error or something (allready ask wlesmana via facebook for help...)

Blog Entries

thanks to wlesmana's guide ^^ now, the CTD problem is done...

Blog Entries

just updating the map, and last saturday, I made some long test campaigns to look for AI expansion, notice: the regions are delibrately toned so the AI will envolve into "island pushing contests", because almost every factions start as "arche" (15++ regions), that was actually quite BIG for RTW standards, and AI did tend to spam units, so prepare for a lot of BLOODY battle

also update the UI to use Batik, instead of "sea" theme (as wlesmana suggested), allready made logos, and you can see the mountains and forests are allready added... Black spots are the Pirate colonies...

even the banners are allready made.... heheheh... all we need is just someone who can made the banner .tga.dds symbols (I don't know how to change the symbols in banner section....)

NOTE : Skullheadhq's face are captain portaits for VOC, another factions also have their own captain portaits
    Last edited by Cute Wolf; 06-06-2010 at 15:28.

Melaka totally wiped out from Peninsular Malaysia in 9 years...

Blog Entries

nah, that was because the portuguese starts out with Comitatenses, and malaka only have hillmen at their expense, the unit lists should be updated with "real" units.... so melaka don't got swamped too early....

and Malaysian peninsulla is the only areas left, could you give me some help in locating the settlements in 1511? I have some rough map, but it left the eastern side still blank

BTW, update pics... how about the mountains?

Last edited by Nyz; 06-06-2010 at 15:41.

Blog Entries

and I have made the "hate-ring" in australia, so factions controlling some certain important cities will hate each other more (by adding territory border), clue : the central ring is Sunda Kelapa

Hmm I try to merge your posts, but you already delete it. Well, I just restore it... I already post the settlement and province of Peninsular Malaysia map in map thread, can you see it? Hmm, do you asked me about the mountains location in Peninsular Malaysia only, or you asked my opinion about mountains?

ADD: Do European factions also used batik as UI?

POST MERGED: So Pajajaran will be hated by everyone?

ADD: How many provinces are remain? You have used a few to make false sea.... (I think around 30)
    Last edited by Nyz; 06-06-2010 at 16:00.

Blog Entries

no, just everybody that controls these cities will got hated by several other owners of important cities (the central city is Sunda Kelapa, the most important trade ports in Indonesia...), the 4 cities flank that is Majapahit, Melaka, Kutaraja, and Demak, the last circle is Pakuan, Tanjungpinang (the most important mining region), Palembang, and Jambi

Blog Entries

Err.... CW, you put a wrong banner screenshot
    notice that you still used that damn "cute wolf" banner on VOC forces....

Blog Entries

are you mean THIS?

Quote Originally Posted by intifadanyz View Post
    POST MERGED: So Pajajaran will be hated by everyone? ..
    during that time, Pajajaran is at war with everyone. even it alliance with VOC just started at 1512.

@wolf; I can make banner. btw, will Majapahit got red&white Banner and Pajajaran use Black&white? or same as other?
    Last edited by plutoboyz; 06-06-2010 at 19:23.

Blog Entries

just like everyone, the floating banners (which was destined to be turned off for most players), will be simply copypasta from their faction logos...

but that red and white, and white and black historical banners will be carried with the banner carrier officers... like in real life will do...

just like everyone, the floating banners (which was destined to be turned off for most players), will be simply copypasta from their faction logos...

but that red and white, and white and black historical banners will be carried with the banner carrier officers... like in real life will do...
    actually IRL, its carried by officer and army as well. its Panji-panji.

Blog Entries

yeah, one officers per unit... the panji won't be as unrealistically big as the floating banners don't you?

yeah, one officers per unit... the panji won't be as unrealistically big as the floating banners don't you?
    well...

Blog Entries

but at least they are still proportional, and don't float like that one right?

BTW, update pics... how about the mountains?

Kawali placed on north east galunggung.

and more forest.

and banten better replaced with Pandeglang, but the province name still banten.

and hanum better replaced with Saunggalah(Kuningan), between Kawali and Cherbon(Cirebon) or replaced with Pulasari (southern banten, that black territory)

Add: how about baroque UI for european, Songket UI for Melayu.

also, that parangrusak batik a little bit too dark. how about this?
    this one also good for UI

and how about using archaic writting system for lokal region name in minimap? for more realistic map. since we can't make geographically accurate map, thanks to landmass ratio CTD.

Example: Jawadwipa written in cacarakan, Parahyangan in Kaganga, Melaka in Jawi.
    Last edited by plutoboyz; 06-07-2010 at 13:38.

Blog Entries

I'm affraid, I can't add more forest before completing malaysian peninsulla, or we will made the map CTD again....

look at this lastest compact preview about what've I done last 2 days ^^
    Last edited by Cute Wolf; 06-08-2010 at 17:11.

look at this lastest compact preview about what've I done last 2 days ^^
    I think, no need to modify the mask. you'll still able to see clearly with that.

Blog Entries

the elephant bodyguard's face is silly...

Blog Entries

just completing several test-run campaign (with several autoresolve and auto_win though), in the campaign map, with standard BI units, as CW allready give me that, here's my impression about the upcoming campaign difficulty:

1) Aceh : HARD
    - While Melaka usually overrun by Portuguese Horde relatively soon, their posessions in Riau actually give me some headache, even when they start out as ally, melayu kingdoms did historically at war with aceh soon, and as you can expect, attack me pretty soon and I was forced to move south, rather than repelling portuguese from Malaysia. After Portuguese got entire malaysia, they also sent their troops overseas to invade my land too, while religion is not yet a big part (we didn't made the trait system yet, just use defalut BI), that north Sumateran province (that CW made so Sriwijaya is their faction creator, not aceh or melaka, because of the Paganism there) often gave me big headache since they tend to rebel, and have a lot of hindu buddhist provinces there, occupying riau and west sumatera is easier because of Islam, and Sriwijaya outgrow the Palembang, and put the later to early death (well, sword heerbann vs keels is not a good idea u know), pajajaran gulp entire Java and put Demak and Majapahit to flight (they are still horde faction, thanks to wolf's laziness).

2) Melaka : INSANE
    - having a horde in front of your very2 door is really annoying, especially if that horde had chosen axemen and horde chosen warriors, and you must use only hillmen and berber axemen to hold yourself (bah, hope the new units won't doing that stupid things). Anyway, even when Portuguese are repelled from their initial settlements, actually their numbers increase, and I decide to let them occupy johor to give me some peace. in Riau fronts, Aceh, Sriwijaya and Palembang ganged up and attack my possesions, and can't expand much (but partially because of that crappy "berber" units that can't hold clibnarii spams the acehnese produce, and fight against sword heerbann and hearth troops is tad difficult. yeah, long story short, melaka's position is very dangerous one, and thanks to CW's weird ring of hatred, everybody hate everybody more now... and well, once again, Pajajaran gulp entire Java.

3) Pajajaran : TOO EASY
    - heck, I think I'd got the hardest historical campaign, but actually, Pajajaran's postion in this darn map is the best one, your immediate enemies are interlocked with each other (demak vs majapahit, and in sumatera sriwijaya vs palembang), it was really quick and boring blitz against those romano british legionaries too, occupying java was a piece of crap, and I own north sumatera (!!!) rather very2 quickly, only aceh grows big, and that's all, too easy campaign...

4) Demak : INSANE
    - pressed on two fronts, having only slaves and virgins to hold your line (WHERE ARE THE BOSOPHORAN INFANTRY WOLF?), and well, I resort to mounted archery tactics, but that was still hard to hold out the hun 66 cavalry army, and pajajaran's vandal raider spam. In sumatera, Aceh grows into really big empire, and even kick portuguese out of Malaysia (and melaka remnants too), to this point, I was simply sandwiched and barely hold Central Java... really - really insane postion....

that's all I should report... (made Pajajaran's Postion more perilous!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    ...that's all I should report... (made Pajajaran's Postion more perilous!!!)
    if you want harder campaign, forward several years when they only hold Pakuan and Pandeglang. with Banten and cirebon army spamming arround you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    3) Pajajaran : TOO EASY
    - heck, I think I'd got the hardest historical campaign, but actually, Pajajaran's postion in this darn map is the best one, your immediate enemies are interlocked with each other (demak vs majapahit, and in sumatera sriwijaya vs palembang), it was really quick and boring blitz against those romano british legionaries too, occupying java was a piece of crap, and I own north sumatera (!!!) rather very2 quickly, only aceh grows big, and that's all, too easy campaign...
    historically, Pajajaran have 100.000 balamati standing. you can't have hard campaign.
    Last edited by plutoboyz; 06-10-2010 at 10:00.

Blog Entries

I also wonder about my own unit stating system that was worked by Wolf on pajajaran, namely pajajaran got so many 2 HP units... that could made campaign ridiculously easy for them.... maybe I'd knock wolf's room door and made several new stating works, or should I wait for him to finished up some models?

Blog Entries

you should used my lastest data, with in game actual units, yes, vandals are quite easy because steppe swordsmen of them got warcry, and steppe nobles. And pajajaran maybe don't have HA at all, you just test the map, right?

pajajaran should be at war with everyone. at least it would slow it. and don't forgot that pajajaran have really poor navy. poorest.

Blog Entries

so should I remove the landbridge between jawa and sumatera?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast