Poll: During which Hour (GMT) of 6 July 2010 will TWC go "LIVE" again?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War Center Down?

Lightbulb Total War Center Down?

Hi, I'm new here

I came here after hearing about you guys at the org at TWC. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about that site being down?
    I think this happened last year as well, kinda annoying, if they don't get it back up looks like I'm here!!

So just wondering if anyone knows anything, there were a few mods I wanted to download for ETW that were on that site but
    dont seem to be available here

Thanks again
    Audacia

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: Total War Center Down?

Welcome, Audacia.

It seems that you aren't the only one having the problem. https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...ar-Center-down Might just be a board upgrade.

Hopefully we don't get a repeat of the last time, when both the Org and TWC went down at the same time.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

It's down, it's no maintenance or upgrade.

Garb said that it will take at least 24 hours to get it back up again.
    Last edited by Trax; 06-11-2010 at 23:48.

The Scourge of Rome Member Spartan198's Avatar

It seems to be semi-up at the moment. I can access the main index, but clicking on a topic gives me a database error screen.
    My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

I tried logging on as well and the page wouldn't open. It just seemed to refresh the page I was on. When I opened a new tab, it said it couldn't access the web page. I thought it was just my browser. Good to know (in a way) that it's only the TW Center being down. Hopefully it's up soon, for I like to visit it from time to time.

edit: Welcom to the .org by the way.
    Silence is beautiful

Watching over the city of Venezia. (Venice)
    Blog Entries

For me it's just the forums. Everything else is working fine. The store, downloads, and wiki are all accessible but the forum like spartan said only gives me database error message.
    "Please continue with your threats; I would hate to submit to implication alone." -Cicero.

Anything that isn't 'member' Member Squid's Avatar

For me its hit and miss, anything that needs to go through the database is a maybe. I can't access the main forum page, but I can access various subforums, I can open certain threads but not others. Its weird.

-Trait/Ancillary/Building Editor

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity;
    and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

same thing with me, i hope this is fixed soon, anyone knows what happened exactly?

Thank goodness i finally know whats going on. I registered here just so i can post this. I have been having issues accessing the TWC forum in which i am a member.

I have tried writing the Administrators but can get my email to go through. It seems like we only have limited access but no access to the main site like making new posts etc.

Its very perplexing to say the least and frustrating.At least i know what the issue is.I thank you guys for the info. I know someone mentioned that it maybe down for 24hrs it has been down for way longer than that as it stands now it has been nearly 2 days.

Anyhow it is a pleasure to meet everyone here. Maybe you guys can tell me what this forum is all about. As i been a member of the TWC well over 2 in a half yrs now. I might just like it here as well.

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

Anyhow it is a pleasure to meet everyone here. Maybe you guys can tell me what this forum is all about. As i been a member of the TWC well over 2 in a half yrs now. I might just like it here as well.
    This forum would make a nice occasional visit. It is quite friendly. You might find the TW game foums a little empty though. They don't get much traffic here. Not like the TW Center anyway. Still nice though.
    Silence is beautiful

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by A Nerd View Post
    This forum would make a nice occasional visit. It is quite friendly. You might find the TW game foums a little empty though. They don't get much traffic here. Not like the TW Center anyway. Still nice though.
    We get plently of traffic, just not in NTW/ETW. Shogun 2 forum has pulled a lot of oldies in.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

The Scourge of Rome Member Spartan198's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A Nerd View Post
    The Org and its regulars are great, of course. It's just that 90% of the mods I'm following are only on TWC...
    My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.

The Java Chat is still open though and people are still active there. Someone (Josst) told me that TWC's Core Files have been corrupted and their busy fixing it. They hope to have it back up and running again by tomorrow.

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    The Org and its regulars are great, of course. It's just that 90% of the mods I'm following are only on TWC...
    Well.. Perhaps it's time to move those mods to here then..

I've spoken to Sim/Gren before about backups for the site and they do run backups on the same server which IMO isn't great. I posted a thread last year after I read about a major MS Flight Simulator modding site that got hacked and had all of it's files deleted including the backups and told them they need to look off site backup or backup to optical media but don't think it ever got actioned. No doubt Sim will post a thread explaining what went wrong but judging by the amount of time it's been down its not good.

Yeah I can't download any mods there, or post, etc same as you guys

The only frustrating thing is tho that I want to DL these two files on the site in order to run this mod for ETW
    and my browser cannot access the page. Not sure if its with the site or just the files

So we'll see, hopefully it'll be back up tomorrow or later today

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Audacia View Post
    Yeah I can't download any mods there, or post, etc same as you guys

The only frustrating thing is tho that I want to DL these two files on the site in order to run this mod for ETW
    and my browser cannot access the page. Not sure if its with the site or just the files

So we'll see, hopefully it'll be back up tomorrow or later today
    You can ask in our ETW forum if someone have them. I'm sure Pevergreen() is waiting someone to help.

Anything that isn't 'member' Member Squid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    I've spoken to Sim/Gren before about backups for the site and they do run backups on the same server which IMO isn't great. I posted a thread last year after I read about a major MS Flight Simulator modding site that got hacked and had all of it's files deleted including the backups and told them they need to look off site backup or backup to optical media but don't think it ever got actioned. No doubt Sim will post a thread explaining what went wrong but judging by the amount of time it's been down its not good.
    Sim also keeps backups on his personal computer.

-Trait/Ancillary/Building Editor

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity;
    and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Khaldun View Post
    You can ask in our ETW forum if someone have them. I'm sure Pevergreen() is waiting someone to help.
    Sounds good I'll do that now

See TWC is still down :(
    Hope they fix it soon.

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

I'm sure the powers that be at TWC are scurrying franticly to get the site back up. Hang in there fellas.

Meanwhile, to the TWC refugees: Welcome! Enjoy your stay. We're Happy to provide blankets, radios and hot coffee to any and all totalwar fans.

OK: the blankets are virtual, the coffee is Java and not exactly hot, and the radios are tuned to stations we like... still, we hope you'll enjoy your stay in this troubled time. If you need help with anything, click my avatar and send me a Private Message. I'm sure we can accommodate almost anything you require, short of TWC files.
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 06-13-2010 at 03:03.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Khaldun View Post
    I knew it. I KNEW it.

Somewhere, someone spells my name wrong.

This is gunna come back to you Ibn...and not in a good way.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

I'm sure the powers that be at TWC are scurrying franticly to get the site back up. Hang in there fellas.

Meanwhile, to the TWC refugees: Welcome! Enjoy your stay. We're Happy to provide blankets, radios and hot coffee to any and all totalwar fans.

OK: the blankets are virtual, the coffee is Java and not exactly hot, and the radios are tuned to stations we like... still, we hope you'll enjoy your stay in this troubled time. If you need help with anything, click my avatar and send me a Private Message. I'm sure we can accommodate almost anything you require, short of TWC files.
    I thought it would be fixed once the Jewish sabbath was over, but either it's trickier than I'd envisaged, or Sim is unavailable. It might be the former, as GED sounded quite frustrated with the problem when I asked him about it.

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Oh dear, I made things worse, although it did at least highlight some problems we'd heard about, but assumed we didn't have. We might have had a long downage anyway, but the specifics of this particular long downage is my fault.

And everyone, please stop emailing GED and Sim, and probably Garb and the others too. Their inboxes are full.

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Shelter from the storm. A friend in need is a friend indeed.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

All good now, looks like TWC is up!! Thanks for the blankets haha :)

Looks like they're down again.

yup, this seems like a conspiracy.

a governamental one...

Yes it is down again. I hope it will be fixed soon.

Argh, not this again!

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast