Poll: During which Hour (GMT) of 6 July 2010 will TWC go "LIVE" again?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War Center Down?

Default Re: Total War Center Down?

It's been a solace to hang here when tracking TWC's casualty in this very cordial environment. Thanks Guild.

great update! thanks :)
    And yes, thanks Guild for letting all the TWC refugees hang around here!

Yeah we really appreciate it. Maybe I'll chill in both forums from now on.

On another note: I had a dream that the TWC was back up....something is wrong with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge_272 View Post
    90% of TWC posters are too stupid to be allowed to post here.
    Regardless of your motives for posting such an outburst of intolerance, I urge you to maintain some decorum-for the sake of others.

BTW, under normal circumstances the moderator would need to sanction such a behavior. But again, the TWC is down so.....nothing is normal.

Thanks to all here at the org for having us:)
    Will be opening mod threads here as well in the future:)

Quote Originally Posted by juvenus View Post
    Regardless of your motives for posting such an outburst of intolerance, I urge you to maintain some decorum-for the sake of others.

BTW, under normal circumstances the moderator would need to sanction such a behavior. But again, the TWC is down so.....nothing is normal.
    Well it is true. TWCenter is probably the worst forum I've ever been on for mindless nationalism and all-round stupidity. No wonder the Total War franchise is dumbing down.

Having said that, for whatever reason, I can't stay away! Hence how I ended up in this thread again!

My thanks to the org for taking in all us TWC refugees during this difficult period.

It was only a couple of weeks ago that I suggested to Quinn Inuit from TWC that we maintian a presence here for ExRM. Perhaps when the sites back up some of you guys would like to come check it out. It's a subforum in the RTR section.

Now, I'm going to get out my camp chair and enjoy some of this delightful cocoa...

Well it is true. TWCenter is probably the worst forum I've ever been on for mindless nationalism and all-round stupidity. No wonder the Total War franchise is dumbing down.

Having said that, for whatever reason, I can't stay away! Hence how I ended up in this thread again!
    I find nationalism tends to get laughed at in the mudpit/academy sections.

You know, you may be right. Believe you or not, I've never been to any of those side-line subforums at TWC. For me, the TWC is all about the mods. And for many other members as well. So, there's no reason for designating "90% of TWC posters" as too stupid. It's just the way too harsh.

The Wrath of the War Elephants Member CiviC's Avatar

I had myself many arguments with/against "mindless nationalists" and I bet some others considered me a "mindless natonalist" (see my dispute with Serbians about Kosovo a while ago), but I never considered them lacking in intelligence (or "stupid"). I still respect my adversaries, and their difference in opinions helped me to define better my opinions about some subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by juvenus View Post
    You know, you may be right. Believe you or not, I've never been to any of those side-line subforums at TWC. For me, the TWC is all about the mods. And for many other members as well. So, there's no reason for designating "90% of TWC posters" as too stupid. It's just the way too harsh.
    Actually, people use most of (sub-)forums on TWC to write stupid things, even those hosting mods. Some forums are so full of dropped bricks (like TATW, e.g.) that one could build a solid wall out of it.

Nationalism and general stupidity are rampant throughout the Internet, and TWC isn't even close to the worst of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro_Ortiz View Post
    Nationalism and general stupidity are rampant throughout the Internet, and TWC isn't even close to the worst of it.
    Identifying or assiciating nationalism with general stupidity isn't accurate, imo. There are stupid nationalists, sure, but there are also stupid inter-nationalists.

Megas Domestikos Member AnthoniusII's Avatar

I have read what TWC technicians said...I do not understand the technical terms but we can wait a bit more.
    Now some said that TWC is full of nationalists ...That is not strange. In a democracy (and internet has been the most "democratic tool"
    everyone has a place for him and his opinion. It is up to the rest if they will continue conversasion,ignore him or what ever.
    We are all fans of a game series..This fact does not make us automaticaly "perfect" people.
    Personally i like the fact that i can read what others think despite the fact that i may not agree with them.
    They probably wont agree with me either. That is democracy.You can not have it by keeping some out of it.

well.... a bit of nationalism can help though IMO, like in the Netherlands with our extreme right party of the PVV, you should be caring for your country right?

BTW: I'm not a PVV follower!

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

We have our own share of nationalists here at the Org. The staff does a pretty good job at keeping the mindless portion of their posts under control, but sometimes they sneak through.

Glad to hear TWC is almost back online for you guys. When the Org goes down, I get the shakes. The last time it happened for an extended time, I actually registered at TWC to get my fix, but it too went down after a couple of posts and my account was lost in the backup. It was not my day...
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

If you care for your country, you don't vote for parties like PVV.

And if this Dodge character is also called Dodge in TWC, then he doesn't have much right to speak

yes... that's what i was trying to say... if you don't care for your country you won't vote AGAINST the PVV....

Interesting, the content of the TW games is adjusted by the content of the TWC posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishguy View Post
    yes... that's what i was trying to say... if you don't care for your country you won't vote AGAINST the PVV....
    Negations much?

Quote Originally Posted by -TopCat- View Post
    Thanks to all here at the org for having us:)
    Will be opening mod threads here as well in the future:)
    Good to see more familiar faces, you too Caesar Augustus, and it would be awesome to see the Great War mod at the org too

Every post I make references the Great War, hmmm, maybe I really am having TGW withdrawal

Quote Originally Posted by Audacia View Post
    Good to see more familiar faces, you too Caesar Augustus, and it would be awesome to see the Great War mod at the org too

Every post I make references the Great War, hmmm, maybe I really am having TGW withdrawal
    Sorry, are you known as Audacia at TWC too? I'm not sure if I've seen you there, my memory's on the blink at the moment.

The recent situation with stability really has brought home to me the disadvantages of keeping all of one's eggs in one basket.

As for the nationalism discussion going on at the moment, it should probably be continued in a more appropriate of the forum.

well I'm going to bed I'll see if TWC is up tomorrow... good night everyone!

G'night dude!

Hello to Bdizzle and Audacia and TopCat

Maybe we should make a GW thread in this forum too

Anyways, hopefully TWC will be back soon. Thanks for all the work Sim and GED

And to that guy calling people on TWC stupid, the percentage is more like 15-20, and statements like that would be characteristic of people in that category

Quote Originally Posted by Maraud View Post
    If you care for your country, you don't vote for parties like PVV.

And if this Dodge character is also called Dodge in TWC, then he doesn't have much right to speak
    I certainly am, and if you actually read my post, I made a joke of that.

Well, I'm new to the TW community, but not new to the games, having played since Shogun. So I await, with baited breath, for TWC to reopen, and I can get my mod on. :)

Ave everyone! Another wayward refugee reporting. Good site you guys have here :~) but i have one question and that is: Is there anywhere besides TWC that i can downlad the S.P.Q.R mod 7.0 i think it is? (i have version 1.6 patch for RTWBI)

Quote Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
    Well, I'm new to the TW community, but not new to the games, having played since Shogun. So I await, with baited breath, for TWC to reopen, and I can get my mod on. :)
    Do you think you could tell us a bit about your mod in the meantime?

Harbinger of... saliva Member alpaca's Avatar

Get cracking GED & Sim

I prepared a new tutorial that I should be able to put live tomorrow. If the TWC is still down by the time I uploaded it, it'll go to the .org exclusively. The guild has better smilies anyways.

Just kidding, you guys do a really good job for very little credit. Keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    Hello to Bdizzle and Audacia and TopCat

Maybe we should make a GW thread in this forum too

Anyways, hopefully TWC will be back soon. Thanks for all the work Sim and GED

And to that guy calling people on TWC stupid, the percentage is more like 15-20, and statements like that would be characteristic of people in that category
    Hey King Sama! Yes we should have a GW thread in this forum, in fact, there already is one under the NTW singleplayer thread call a "WWI Mod" so people here are definitely interested

@Caesar, yeah I'm Audacia at TWC too, I play RTR and used to play ExRM a lot, I took a long break tho so that's probably why you don't remember me

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast