Poll: During which Hour (GMT) of 6 July 2010 will TWC go "LIVE" again?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War Center Down?

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: Total War Center Down?

Hang on, chill out, and have a look around. Welcome to the .Org, TWC refugees.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Ok I guess I need those blankets back :)

Hopefully it will be up again soon, I was actually on the site when it went down and when I clicked on a new page it didn't show up, very frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by Audacia View Post
    Ok I guess I need those blankets back :)
    Looks like you can give those blankets back.

Reads the administrative forums on TWC. Planned downtime? Ten minutes?!? That was alot langer than ten minutes.

I can't get on TWC to read minldless nationalistic drivel in the politics and history forums. I guess I'll read some intelligent discussions here instead.

And it is down again lol this is annoying I thought they said they had a backup in place after the the one we had before

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

And it is down again lol this is annoying I thought they said they had a backup in place after the the one we had before
    It must be. That place is always packed with people! Hopefully the problems they have been having are similar, thus it takes less time to repair and makes the administrators better prepared in case the same problems should arise again. Don't fret! :)
    Silence is beautiful

They bought a new server. I wonder whats going on.

No! Not again! :(
    What am I supposed to do now? My life has lost it's meaning?

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

GED can't get in remotely, and he doesn't know when he can get to the server. Sim's away for the sabbath, but I don't know how relevant that is, as GED can't even get remote access.

Ah! How will I know if the latest version of the Third Age has been released? What if its crashed because of hte bajillion people swarming to download it?

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    Ah! How will I know if the latest version of the Third Age has been released? What if its crashed because of hte bajillion people swarming to download it?
    Google's web-cache copy can keep you "almost" up-to-date. I'm sure all will be well soon.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

As long as we don't lose any files, downloads, posts, or uploads to the site I'll be ok ;)

Anything that isn't 'member' Member Squid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    GED can't get in remotely, and he doesn't know when he can get to the server. Sim's away for the sabbath, but I don't know how relevant that is, as GED can't even get remote access.
    When I try to ssh into the server, which is still responding to ping requests not that that helps much, its refusing connections (or at least so my ssh client tells me).

Quote Originally Posted by Audacia View Post
    As long as we don't lose any files, downloads, posts, or uploads to the site I'll be ok ;)
    They had also put in some new drives into the current server and were re-synching them, but as they've had RAID problems before I'm wondering if that's related.

-Trait/Ancillary/Building Editor

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity;
    and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    When I try to ssh into the server, which is still responding to ping requests not that that helps much, its refusing connections (or at least so my ssh client tells me).

They had also put in some new drives into the current server and were re-synching them, but as they've had RAID problems before I'm wondering if that's related.
    It had successfully re-synched some hours before, or so GED tells me. Resolution will have to wait until GED can get to the server to see what's wrong, and/or Sim gets back from the sabbath.

Hopefully it'll be back up soon.

Default Re: Is TWcenter down?

Jesus, man 3 days without TWcenter and i'm losing my Freaking mind!

Also, I've Been trying a new mod for M2TW, called clouds across Europe, now I am playing as England, i changed the time scale to 0.50 so its only like 1108, i cannot train ANY special units, i get peasant archers, armoured sergeants and thats it. i checked building browser and the top buildings say thats the only thing i can train too. Is this because its so early or something else!

Cheers

the TWC is talking to me, THE TWC IS TALKING TO ME!!!!

Man, TWC needs to get up.

I will say a prayer to all the gods in hope they send their blessings upon TWC.

Return TWCenter to us please; or I'll shove 12 pdr up your ***
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 07-04-2010 at 14:56.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio Aguinaldo View Post
    Return TWCenter to us please; or I'll shove 12 pdr up your ***

Welcome everyone, enjoy your time here, please treat this place kindly, as we did when you sheltered us. We abided by your rules, please abide by ours.

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

There's a big hole in my heart where TWC should be...

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post

Welcome everyone, enjoy your time here, please treat this place kindly, as we did when you sheltered us. We abided by your rules, please abide by ours.

At least he typed "please".

But really, pevergreen has a valid point: let's keep the conversation civil, especially in this angst-y time when one of our favorite sites is temporarily experiencing tech troubles. By this time next week TWC will be back "up", better than ever, and we'll all have made a few new friends.

Default Re: Is TWcenter down?

God, not again! Each second without TWC equals one more cell in my mind commiting suicide. STOP THIS MADNESS!

[QUOTE=KukriKhan;2517504 By this time next week TWC will be back "up", better than ever, and we'll all have made a few new friends.[/QUOTE]
    This doesn't sound good. Is it really going to take that long to get TWC back on its feet?

Quote Originally Posted by the red knight View Post
    This doesn't sound good. Is it really going to take that long to get TWC back on its feet?
    I doubt it; was just trying to prepare the membership for the worst-case scenario.

"Day 3

.... or was it day 2? I can't tell night and day apart anymore, I seem to have lost track of time. While sleeping, I dream about moderating on TWC, was I really a moderator there, or did I own the place? Perhaps I was just a small time member, either way, it doesn't matter anymore, TWC is gone. After my dreams I wake up screaming with my heart pounding while laying in a pool of my own sweat. I've been trying to sleep as least as possible because of this.

Some of the others have taken it pretty bad, Goodguy, a devout member of the forum has now gone insane. It started with isolating himself from the others, it didn't take long until something snapped and now, every day, he cuts himself and writes "Happy Birthday" with his own blood on the wall which I sleep next to. I fear that even if TWC would miraculously return now, his sanity has been lost in the depths of darkness.

Day.....4?

My brain hurts, I've been thinking all night "Did we lose TWC on accident or were we meant to lose it?". All this time we've been surviving under the thought that TWC has had some sort of accident, but what if we were cast out? Did we perhaps anger the TWC Gods? Did we take the gift we call TWC for granted, became greedy and were punished for it in return? If all this is true, then perhaps we should make a sacrifice to the TWC Gods to please them.

But what could we possible sacrifice? All we have is each other...... yes each other. This was obviously meant to be, the Gods demand a human sacrifice, they want to see the blood flow.
    No! How could I think like this, I can't go around sacrificing my fellow victims, that's immoral.....

maybe just a few, it will be for the greater good, nobody will notice if a few went gone missing right?

Da...
    BLOOD FOR THE TWC GODS!!!!!"
    Last edited by eggthief; 07-04-2010 at 18:38.

Alot of Ronin looking for new masters after the TWC went down :) Maybe the Guild can provide :P

If only the guild had the Great War Mod thread, then I would be ok

Greetings all, Nice to have a look around the good old Org site again, been awhile!
    I heard a rumour that steam sent in an army of nano-bots and they ate the TWC server, don,t know if GEG managed to get out! ha ha.
    I think I shall stroll over to the thread on making a campaign map, some excellent info there.
    All the best, mags

Does anybody know how long TWC will be down for or how far the people who run the site are to get it running?
    In peace sons bury fathers, In war fathers bury sons.
    Herodetus:

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast