Poll: During which Hour (GMT) of 6 July 2010 will TWC go "LIVE" again?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War Center Down?

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Default Re: Total War Center Down?

Welcome to our brothers & sisters from TWC! Such comfort and shelter as we have is yours. Fret not; the site will return soon enough.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

guess I will have to wait......

Quote Originally Posted by Audacia View Post
    You don't even realize how happy I was to see you post here

I was laughing so hard when I saw, "What ho old bean" and immediately I knew it had to be you!!
    Quite delighted old cheese, I must say, however I been a member here for quite some time as Gnr Graham, but unfortunately I lost my log in details for that account thus I had to open this bally new account, confound it damn theirs eyes! Coffee and blanket shenanigans is all very well, but its Port and Stilton for me old sock. cant get into the club on TWC you see, but I wouldn't mind offering some of my mods here, if there was a Napoleon Total War section? and port was on the go.
    and all that.

I really wish the admins of twcenter would post some news!

News seems to be obvious - TWC is shut down and they are working to bring it back to life. What would you like to know more... how many liters of sweat they have sweated?

Let them do the job.

A shut down TWC is not good for me! I was so freaking high last night I tried licking the stars! with TWC I'm a really down to earth person... hope it gets up soon, or I'll be doing more serious stuff than weed (:P)

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    News seems to be obvious - TWC is shut down and they are working to bring it back to life. What would you like to know more... how many liters of sweat they have sweated?

Let them do the job.
    Probably the best synopsis.

Meanwhile, rummage around our collection of tidbits, swing by the sideshow (backroom), get in a quick murder (gameroom), or otherwise make yourselves welcome.

Slainte!
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Brigadier Graham View Post
    Quite delighted old cheese, I must say, however I been a member here for quite some time as Gnr Graham, but unfortunately I lost my log in details for that account thus I had to open this bally new account, confound it damn theirs eyes! Coffee and blanket shenanigans is all very well, but its Port and Stilton for me old sock. cant get into the club on TWC you see, but I wouldn't mind offering some of my mods here, if there was a Napoleon Total War section? and port was on the go.
    and all that.
    Top of the Day Graham old chap, I see a few of the clan gathering Excellent reception by the Org chappies, Good idea about porting over a few mods, Speaking of Port a nice drop would go down well.
    Up to my eyeballs with Hight maps and ground textures, Cannot contact our graphics wizard, What with the TWC kaput. He has his skype turned off. Oh well I hope we do not get to many nervous breakdowns amongst the chaps, Could be some bally odd posts flying around. Toodle Pip, must be off, mags

Quote Originally Posted by Brigadier Graham View Post
    and all that.
    How bout a few NTW vids to keep us occupied?

Preferably a Great War vid, but anything should suffice
    BTW, thank you to all of you here at the guild for all your help and support

Quote Originally Posted by chris7394 View Post
    I really wish the admins of twcenter would post some news!
    Me too. Some news about what's wrong and how long it's going to take to get TWC back on its feet would be nice.

I love how my threads never get this popular at TWC

Hmmmmmm, I hereby name myself leader of the TWC Refugees, and you must all befriend me when TWC is back up!!!

Mwahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by the red knight View Post
    Me too. Some news about what's wrong and how long it's going to take to get TWC back on its feet would be nice.
    Garb said in another place that shall not be mentioned that it should be up sometime tomorrow - whatever that's supposed to mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Trax View Post
    Garb said in another place that shall not be mentioned that it should be up sometime tomorrow - whatever that's supposed to mean.
    Thank you. I would rep you if I could.

As an TWC elder (8000 posts, member since 2004, awards, former content writer and editor, acclaimed tech gura for the masses) I would advice that the TWC regular members try and participate in some other forums on this site, try out some mods and show this place what real political debate is all about TWC style.

It's good to hear progress is being made on getting the server back on it's feet however I'm a bit concerned why it's fallen over twice now in a short space of time. We had a brand new server put in last year raised with money donated from the community (a lot of money as well) also what happened to the old server? Meh, all questions for Sim and Gern when they get back after there rest which they will need but they should have gone with SCSI hard drives not consumer hard drives, there just not cut out for heavy server work.

Sorry for the double post but I'm not allowed to edit my own posts yet.

Why can't I post in the hard & soft forum, there's people there who could really do with my help but I don't have permission to post in that forum.

How long have we been exiled for? Also, is there any news on what's going on?

So is the site down? :P I had to, one cannot resist such temptation as this! Let us be patient fellers and send some positive vibes to the TWC techies and their unhappy task.

Devoirs The Empress
    "Act well your part, there all the honour lies." -Pope

"England Expects That Every Man Will Do His DUTY" - Nelson via Mr. Pasco at Trafalgar 1805

Quote Originally Posted by _Pontifex_ View Post
    How long have we been exiled for? Also, is there any news on what's going on?
    Read post 103.

Does this mean I get to be unchained from GED's basement and do normal things?

Does this mean I get to be unchained from GED's basement and do normal things?
    No.

:(

I forgot about the org though. At least we can come here in the interim. I'm missing TWC though, mostly because I have two deadlines to hit in July that I am going to miss now with the podcasts...
    Last edited by _Pontifex_; 07-05-2010 at 22:27.

and show this place what real political debate is all about TWC style
    I doubt they would appreciate this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trax View Post
    I doubt they would appreciate this.
    Well, the five point forumban isn't in place here. Things could get ugly(ier). :P

The left button of my mouse has broken... I clicked to many times on "refresh" in the web page of twcenter... well, I'll try one more time, may be now twcenter is ok and all this was just a nightmare...

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

A Pool is posted, so our refugee population can predict when (tomorrow, 6 July) TWC will resume operations. Make your pick and be the winner!
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Are you saying it will be back tomorrow, or that's your prediction?

In any case, I don't think it will be back for another week yet. *fingers crossed sooner*
    Last edited by _Pontifex_; 07-05-2010 at 22:53.

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Are you saying it will be back tomorrow, or that's your prediction?

In any case, I don't think it will be back for another week yet. *fingers crossed sooner*
    Trax inspired me with his #103 post, above, to make a tentative prediction. If it fails, we'll do another Pool for 7 July. Just s silly little something to occupy our TWC friends.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Back to TWC after 2 months of hard real life and oopppsss... find myself in the TWC refugee centre of the org :-) cooollll

Nice to see that TWC oldies are still alive and kicking ;-) (Brigadier, Freddie)

Hopefully I'll still be the same member when TWC comes back...

Hmm If it ever gets back. One would hope for a full enquirey, I think only a good hanging will mollifie the members.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast