Poll: During which Hour (GMT) of 6 July 2010 will TWC go "LIVE" again?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War Center Down?

Default Re: Total War Center Down?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    Hmm If it ever gets back. One would hope for a full enquirey, I think only a good hanging will mollifie the members.
    Sure!

And seriously - I hope those hard drives didn't burn or something and that all the data is safe...

How many posts must I have in order to write visitor messages and post in sub-forums such as The Tavern (which I suspect is the Thema Devia of .org)?

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    Sure!

And seriously - I hope those hard drives didn't burn or something and that all the data is safe...
    From what I can gather, the server went down shortly after successfully backing up, so no or very little data should be lost. From the length of the downage, I'm guessing that we're waiting for a set of hard drives so we can sort out the RAID problem once and for all. The definitive answer will have to wait for Sim's and GED's reports though.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    Trax inspired me with his #103 post, above, to make a tentative prediction. If it fails, we'll do another Pool for 7 July. Just s silly little something to occupy our TWC friends.
    Gah. They need nothing to occupy them.

*Tramps off to the Backroom.*

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Welcome all!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    I think I shall stroll over to the thread on making a campaign map, some excellent info there.
    All the best, mags
    The RTW one? That thread was (and still is I guess) my pride and joy

Quote Originally Posted by Empress Meg View Post
    So is the site down? :P I had to, one cannot resist such temptation as this! Let us be patient fellers and send some positive vibes to the TWC techies and their unhappy task.

Devoirs The Empress
    Welcome Empress! Nice to see you log in here. 44 posts in 5 years has got to be something of a record (Probably only matched by my post:year ratio at the TWC ) EDIT: I just tried to log into the TWC to see what my post count / join date is. I'm really not with it today am I.

@Freddie there's a short probationary period during which you have a restricted membership. Stick around and a mod is sure to promote you shortly. In the meantime, if you make the post here one of the mods can move it over, or I can pass on the answer on your behalf. Unless of course, you're trying to answer my question about the screen flicker. In that case, I'm all ears

I been a member here for quite some time as Gnr Graham, but unfortunately I lost my log in details for that account thus I had to open this bally new account, confound it damn theirs eyes!
    If you PM our beloved leader the almighty Tosa Inu all hail, he can probably work things out.

How many posts must I have in order to write visitor messages and post in sub-forums such as The Tavern (which I suspect is the Thema Devia of .org)?
    There isn't a specific number. If you stick around and contribute a mod will soon promote you.
    Last edited by Myrddraal; 07-06-2010 at 01:01.

Quote Originally Posted by jegui View Post
    Nice to see that TWC oldies are still alive and kicking ;-) (Brigadier, Freddie).
    Brigadier is considered a TWC Oldie? I shiver to think what that makes others...

Trax inspired me with his #103 post, above, to make a tentative prediction. If it fails, we'll do another Pool for 7 July. Just s silly little something to occupy our TWC friends.
    Ah ok, It will be a fun exercise when I get tired of these smileys

^ADORABLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Gah. They need nothing to occupy them.

*Tramps off to the Backroom.*
    :(

Help us in this, our time of need!

ATTN: Capt. Fozdike, if you read this PM me please.
    Last edited by _Pontifex_; 07-06-2010 at 01:00.

The Scourge of Rome Member Spartan198's Avatar

I voted for "GAH!" on the poll. XD
    My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by _Pontifex_ View Post

^ADORABLE!

And of course, the inspiration for the wub.

hehe, we totally stole that one

My personal favorite

And they have all the countries, like all of them!!

Lets hope tomorrow brings better tidings in regards to TWC...because if not

Even though I have just been a member of TWC for a week and just got the privilege to rep and vote - when I saw "During which Hour (GMT) of 6 July 2010 will TWC go "LIVE" again?" poll it immediately reminded me of all the TWC pollls and brought a tear to my eye - I must say with all the TWC refugees assembling at the TW.org this is becoming a real humanitarian tragedy -we must thank the org for allowing us shelter and the ability to discuss our woes. I like this one .

Also that Donkey Kong Jnr game is rigged in Arcade forum - my highest score is like 5. Oh ell Mario is quite good though.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dai-Sifu View Post
    Even though I have just been a member of TWC for a week and just got the privilege to rep and vote - when I saw "During which Hour (GMT) of 6 July 2010 will TWC go "LIVE" again?" poll it immediately reminded me of all the TWC pollls and brought a tear to my eye - I must say with all the TWC refugees assembling at the TW.org this is becoming a real humanitarian tragedy -we must thank the org for allowing us shelter and the ability to discuss our woes. I like this one .

Also that Donkey Kong Jnr game is rigged in Arcade forum - my highest score is like 5. Oh ell Mario is quite good though.
    There were some buggy things happening in the arcade after the latest iteration of things here. Report them to TosaInu or Ser Clegane and someone will eventually put them to rights.

Membership upgrades will no doubt be extended pretty quickly to many of you folks, especially if problems continue at the TWC. Pity about that, I actually was enjoying some of the TWC arcade games a bit better then the local varieties. Even had a good mafia there not too long past.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just as a shameless plug, if anyone is looking for some fun, come join the newest mafia game, being hosted by, quite possibly, the best host ever (statement excludes all good hosts)

Here it is: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...is-IN-SIGN-UPS

If you can't post, send me a pm here, and I'll put you on the sign up lists. https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/priva...=newpm&u=20182

To those wondering where the Napoleon: Total War section is, its right here:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forum...leon-Total-War
    Last edited by pevergreen; 07-06-2010 at 03:38.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

i'm from twc too. been here a few times in the past, (before I registered.) some really good moding tutorials here.

Hey all, new member here. I've been trying to get into TWC for a couple of days now, I hope they resolve their issues.

Blog Entries

Welcome mic1402 and maximus92.

Enjoy your stay.

If you fancy a read while you wait the resurrection, I heartily recommend Barbarossa82's Armenian AAR. My all time favourite AAR, it kept me entertained during lunch at work for quite a few days in 2007.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...s-Armenian-AAR

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome aboard, fellas. Please deposit your shoes on the left as you enter, its always nice to keep the place tidy. Curl up on the nearest bean-bag chair, and I'm sure Kukri will have your hot cocoa and a life lesson within fifteen minutes.

Also, if anyone's looking for some entertainment(and doesn't mind a bit of blatant self-advertising), you can register for the gameroom right here: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/profi...editusergroups

Myself, GeneralHankerchief, or Sigurd will get it straightened out right away. Otherwise, there's the frontroom for light-hearted shenigans(just don't feed the lemurs), and once you've been upped to member status in a few days, the backroom for the poli's and such. And, of course, feel free to peruse and comment in the total war related sections, we're always welcoming fresh air.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

I am going through major TWC withdrawals, MAJOR. I miss the Alliance Gateway, and the Mudpit, and the Academy, and the RPG Gateway, and...and....

But, I suppose it is my responsibility to defeat the Duffer Immigrants and raise the banner of the CCP!!!
    "It is the mark of an educated man to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -Aristotle

I can't find the place to discuss Politics, and my radio seems to be broken. They keep saying "shots" over and over and over again, quite irritating.
    "It is the mark of an educated man to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -Aristotle

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nicoisbest View Post
    I can't find the place to discuss Politics, and my radio seems to be broken. They keep saying "shots" over and over and over again, quite irritating.
    The backroom is our political discussion area. I've heard that its a level up from the TWC.

If you read Yaseikhaan's post, from that link you can request access, but it is harder to get into I believe. There are strict rules as well.

Hey guys, any idea if Darth Vader keeps an updated version of Darth Mod v6.0 on any other site? If not, let's hope he keeps backups!

Thanks,
    Elvondir

I think my previous post was deleted. Did it in some way violate the forum rules?

Wait, it's still there. Sorry

does anyone know where to get mod tools like the sd. converter and the texture/DDS converter? the links on this site go to TWC which is down.

also this event has told me something, if i ever release any mods. put the latest version on both twc and the .org.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mic1402 View Post
    also this event has told me something, if i ever release any mods. put the latest version on both twc and the .org.
    Always a good idea. Possibly a third site as well, like filefront/megaupload or something.

Very few tools have been hosted here, I've still got an old copy of PFM on filefront for those that have trouble with later versions. As far as I know thats it, I don't think Mailman has done anything in terms of offsite backups.

Quote Originally Posted by _Pontifex_ View Post

^ADORABLE!
    Hi Ponti

Good lord.

They better fix TWC before I do something real emo

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast