Thread: Three Easiest Factions In Your Opinion?

Default Three Easiest Factions In Your Opinion?

Hey all! So, I bought E:TW a LONG time ago but never really ever got into it. I don't know why, but I just never really got into it.

Anyways, to make a long story short, I'm trying to force myself to get back into it, haha :P

But since I'm downright freaking TERRIBLE at the game, I guess I'm just looking for an easy faction to play a long campaign with.

Who are, in your opinion, the top three easiest factions to play with for a long campaign in this game, Empire: Total War?

Thanks in advance! :D :P

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

Default Re: Three Easiest Factions In Your Opinion?

I found GB to be quite easy. By the way, you posted outside the ETW forum.
    Silence is beautiful

Gah! My bad, thanks for letting me know, haha! This new layout is just so confusing for me :(

I was wondering why the hell the forum looked so damn empty, lol! :P

I knew about GB....do you know of some other ones as some other options that I could potentially choose from? Thanks, lol :D

I found Sweden to be easy. I haven't played too many campaigns, Russia and France gave me a little more of a challenge. But I am sure there are a few more experienced players here that could give you a better idea of faction difficulty than I. Have you tried the faction guide forums yet?
    Silence is beautiful

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Russia.

The only concern you have is getting bogged down in the Crimea before you get your factories pumping out troops. Deal with them quickly and your momentum won't let up, swap to Republic mid-game to keep the people happy and never look back.

swap to Republic mid-game to keep the people happy and never look back.
    How do you swap governments? I thought that was a rebellion issue.
    Silence is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by A Nerd View Post
    How do you swap governments? I thought that was a rebellion issue.
    Crank up the taxes on the lower class, move your armies away from the capital, add water - presto! Instant republic.

Wouldn't you have a lot of rebel armies to face and lose alot of your provinces this way? Or does only one rebel army appear in your starting provinces?
    Silence is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by A Nerd View Post
    Wouldn't you have a lot of rebel armies to face and lose alot of your provinces this way? Or does only one rebel army appear in your starting provinces?
    Not in my experience, unless there has been significant buffs to the revolutionary armies since i last played, which was 1.3 - 1.4.

Simply keep your armies well positioned to deal with any other revolts that might happen and leave your capital lightly defended for the new government to waltz in and take over.

edit: It also helps to exempt all regions from taxes BUT your capital before doing this, i almost forgot about that.
    Last edited by Monk; 06-14-2010 at 15:07.

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

For me Prussia has always been the easiest.

All your required regions are near by and you don't need to go sailing the 7 seas to get at them. Poland is a close second and then Russia. The MC is also easy. You have only the one main enemy and lots of time to take them out.

The trading nations are all in the middle to even harder. It takes a lot more time energy and money to put to gather a fleet to invade some place than it dose to march out your front door.

Austria, the Ottomans, and Spain may be the hardest because of cash and everyone wanting a piece of you.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Not in my experience, unless there has been significant buffs to the revolutionary armies since i last played, which was 1.3 - 1.4.

Simply keep your armies well positioned to deal with any other revolts that might happen and leave your capital lightly defended for the new government to waltz in and take over.

edit: It also helps to exempt all regions from taxes BUT your capital before doing this, i almost forgot about that.
    Thanks, I'll give that a try next time I play. Lost my last Russia campaign due to windows upgrade. I would like to start a new one!
    Silence is beautiful

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

I found Prussia to be the easiest. Although I didn't think that the Ottomans were that hard to. Once you get there economy going you can out produce any other nation easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

Nobody thinks the Marathas are the easiest? Strange... They can easily control all of India.

Second easiest is probably Great Britain. Fisherking is correct about them their campaigns being a bit more time consuming, but you have a 'safe' home territory, which more than makes up for that in my opinion. Also you have a Constitutional Monarchy, which is another huge plus in my mind.

Third would be Sweden. Once again, you have a home territory that is very easy to defend, and the ability to rapidly gain control of three universities.

Easiest on all accounts: Maratha (Mughals = cakewalk)
    Close second: Great Britain (kill pirates, capture trade nodes, kill everyone else)
    Very forgiving: Russia (kill crimeans, research farm tech, eco/tech, kill everyone else)