Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Lost of Undermountain [Concluded]

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Lost of Undermountain

Anyway, you killed Johnhughthom, while I tried to change vote, Khazaar, so you willfully killed him?

Vote: Khazaar

As you are never usually active. Unless some one revealed they actually stopped the real mafia.
    Last edited by Beskar; 06-27-2010 at 14:44.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Epitome of Ephemeral Success Member Death is yonder's Avatar
    A perpetual tropical island by the equator

IMO Beskar genuinely forgot to unvote, there is no motivation for him not doing so as even if he was the mafia, 1st round is unclear and uncertain.

I think the only reason you guys are citing that as a reason is because jht was a doctor

Vote: Khazaar

Since I don't think that Beskar is guilty based on that, I'll go with Khazaar.

On Pinman's reveal, I think that considering that CDf said that he would change his game styles, I'm not putting away the possibility that there might not even be a killer.

Actually I'll prefer no lynch, but assuming that we lynch today and there is a murderer amongst us, the odds are more favorable with 3 people in the final day phase (assuming standard set up, alas may not be so).

Also, another Pinman vs Beskar role reveal? *sigh*
    You cannot add days to life but you can add life to days.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Death is yonder View Post
    On Pinman's reveal, I think that considering that CDf said that he would change his game styles, I'm not putting away the possibility that there might not even be a killer.
    The beginning write-up talks about a Mindflayer who can control the minds of others. The mafia is a conversion role?
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Epitome of Ephemeral Success Member Death is yonder's Avatar
    A perpetual tropical island by the equator

I just don't see any obvious physical threat to us. The only baddy so to speak in the original write up was as you said, the mind flayer. Referring to the original write up once again, the Mind flayer doesn't seem to be the down to earth get up close and kill them kind of baddy, so I'm just not ruling that case out.

The mafia is a conversion role?
    No idea, just pure speculation. I would be inclined to vote no lynch now but I'm being cautious because if there was a mafia/killer, if we lynch now the odds are more favorable later.
    You cannot add days to life but you can add life to days.

There has to be a killer, because there is a doctor.

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

vote: double a

Why no talking?

Quote Originally Posted by Death is yonder View Post
    Also, another Pinman vs Beskar role reveal? *sigh*
    Would you believe me if I said it was because of the unvote?

Blog Entries

Because vote changing = scummy?

My original reasons become false as Johnhughthom did get scumtelled in another game which was mentioned, and he ended up dead in it. Hence I attempted to change my vote to an inactive (Centurion1).

Being honest, I thought the vote did change, but due to an slip-up, it didn't count. There was no "scum" at all in the action, and even then, a mafia wouldn't have known what his role was anyway, and if they didn't, they wouldn't have tried to unvote.

But nevertheless, I am not surprised to be either roleblocked or investigated on round one or two, as it always happens while others don't even get touched at all.

But now the mafia is laughing their behind off at this situation.

Looking for a Cul pRit Member Khazaar's Avatar

I clearly stated that I thought it necessary to lynch someone on d1. I´m sorry that it was a doctor but there was no falsehood in my statement or intentions. Beskar on the other hand is an experienced player who knows that you have to unvote.

Beskars vote for me is clearly an OMGUS vote with the great argument "Vote Khazaar As you are never usually active." looks like desperation to me...

@DIY: We´re playing mafia after all, there are usually killers in it. And to me the best clue is Pinmans roleblock. Unless that is some sort of metagaming I can´t see how you can ignore the best clue that we have at the moment.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Khazaar View Post
    IBeskar on the other hand is an experienced player who knows that you have to unvote.
    Yet that doesn't count when you thought you did unvote. I only knew that I didn't when CDF posted the tally, which I then attempted to correct.

I stand by my vote on Beskar - I think we have to lynch him.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Because then you can't be nightkilled?

vote: Pinman

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion1 View Post
    vote: double a

Why no talking?
    After playing TF2 at 11am, I went to sleep for 5 hours and didn't see the thread had new posts until now.

I'm trying to get back on a normal schedule so I can do the driving part of driver's ed for the next 3 days without falling asleep. Don't expect me on the entire night until Wednesday.
    Last edited by Double A; 06-28-2010 at 00:52.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Who viewed the thread!? I edited for like 10 seconds!

unvote: invalid vote
    vote: Pinman

I'm gonna go play Civ 4: Colonization now.

Dejotaros moc Praesutagos Member Cultured Drizzt fan's Avatar

I will begin the writeup in a hour or so. Watching a movie.
    Micheal D'Anjou
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    memory of the short lived king of Babylon Patrokles Adiabenikos

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    But nevertheless, I am not surprised to be either roleblocked or investigated on round one or two, as it always happens while others don't even get touched at all.
    This is like the Methos-Pizza situation at the start of the year all over again... remember Swords and D20s 3? And there was another game before that where Methos first-nighted Pizza, I think.

To an observer (who's enjoying the writing btw, Drizzty), it's pretty clear that you were first-nighted because of the altercation between you and your accuser in Lylat Wars; it seems to be a typical case of masculine one-upmanship, a case of "he was a massive threat to me in a previous game, remove him in the first round!"

Metagaming is a poor way to win or lose a game, but look at it this way; it means people see you as a massive threat that needs to be dealt with (whether you're vanilla, pro-town, neutral or otherwise) which means you're bloody good at mafia, no?

*goes back to observing*
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Blog Entries

What movie?

Not one that takes 10 hours Sorry everyone, crashed last night. Will get the writeup up as soon as possible.
    Micheal D'Anjou

And then an old friend called. I will have the writeup done tonight.
    Micheal D'Anjou

Blog Entries

Cultured Procastination Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Cultured Procastination Fan.
    I know. I am horrible.
    Micheal D'Anjou

End Of Day 2:

The tunnels seemed to stretch on and on. Each step forward seemed to bring the party no closer to the light of the world above. They passed through rooms of all architecture, those carved by the dwarves, by the Drows, by the Orcs and even goblins. But none of those rooms compared To the great hall they were now walking in.

The Walls stretched far above, seeming to go on forever. The Floor was massed with rubble from the halls ceiling. The rooms purpose was unimaginable, and its age uncountable.

Dovcil whistled, and the sounds echoed loudly through the room. Roger cringed and slapped the dwarf with his free hand, clutching his small torch and trying to keep the flame as unnoticeable as possible. The entire band huddled close and moved quickly down the great hall. It was an hour before they noticed they were being followed.

Garl growled quietly, whispering to the part "The walls..... What are those?"

Dovcil grunted "Driders. Things must live on the ceiling in packs. looks like 5 are coming towards us." The party brought out their weapons, all of them having looted weapons from the orc group they had destroyed the day before. The Driders moved in slowly, circling the group.

They struck quickly, smashing into the prisoners before they even knew what happened. Garl was the only one to hold his footing, taking the charge and locking with the Drider. Everyone else scrambled out of the creatures way, Before jumping back up and closing into melee distance. Dovcil and Slashnos squared off with a pair or driders, both of their enemies holding wooden spears and slashing with their claws. The Dwarf howled and raised his sword, pushing in close to the drider until he could hack with abandon. The lizardfolk grunted and blocked the driders strikes, keeping the blows off of his companion.

One drider hissed as the dwarfs sword crushed its chest, but managed to get one arm into position to send the dwarf sprawling. Slashnos cursed and stepped back towards the dwarf. The driders hissed and waded in once again, their spears whistling in on the Lizardfolk. Slashnos lifted his sword and howled a single word, white light infusing the blade and radiating outward in a aura of warmth. Another word created a cloak of light around his chest, and with that he screamed a war chant and charged the two driders.

The driders faltered when faced with the paladins holy might, but stood their ground and stabbed with their spears. The wooden tips burst into flame when they touched the cloak of light, and Slashnos laughed as his sword cleaved 2 of the driders front legs off. Its howled in agony and lashed out with a claw, only to once again be repelled by the cloak. The second drider moved around the lizardfolk, lumbering towards the still dazed Dovcil.

The dwarf shook his head and stood, lifting his sword weakly. The drider rushed him and the dwarf cried an oath as his arm moved to slow to deflect it. The blow landed and he went flying once again, unconscious. Slashnos cursed and jumped back from his own drider to help the fallen dwarf. He slashed the Driders back and interposed himself between it and Dovcil. Hacking wildly he sent the Drider sprawling to the ground in a bloody heap.

The lizardfolk allowed himself a small smile before turning back to the 1st drider. He slashed at it, and it blocked with its broken spear before raising one of its legs and slamming the lizardfolk. He grunted and fell, and knew the battle was over when he saw the driders claws following after him.

The rest of the party managed to mop up the remaining Driders, but Slashnos was already dead. They had no choice but to march on

You have Lynched Slashnos the Lizardfolk (Khazaar), He was a townie

Tally:
    Beskar: 2 Khazaar, Pinman
    Khazaar: 2 Beskar, Death is Yonder (Dice gods)
    Centrion1: 1 Double A
    Double A: 1 Centurion1

Begin night 2, it will end June 29 at 8:00 Pm EST

Signups: 5/7
    Pinman
    Double A
    johnhughthom
    Death is Yonder
    Beskar
    Centurion1

Lynched: 2
    johnhughthom
    Khazaar
    Micheal D'Anjou

Looking for a Cul pRit Member Khazaar's Avatar

words fail me...

Ending the phase.
    Micheal D'Anjou

End of Night 2:

The halls echoed once again with strange noises. And a hacking cough and wheezing sounds joined it. Towards the middle of the night everyone heard a meaty thwack of something slamming someones head. In the morning Dovcil was shaken awoken, his head blue with bruises.

ready to move on the party marched once again towards what they hoped was freedom.

Punikit scratched his head as the group left "hey, I just thought of something."

Roger grimace and sighed "what?"

"where are we going? Do we even have a direction?"

Garl grumbled "Up. We are going up. That's as specific as we can be at this point."

"its just it seems like we know where we are going. We always know which way to turn, and we never have to talk about it." At the kobolds words the party all looked at one another, confused, and a bit scared.

Begin Day 3, it will end June 30 at 8:00 Pm EST

Signups: 5/7
    Pinman
    Double A
    johnhughthom
    Death is Yonder
    Beskar
    Centurion1

Lynched: 2
    johnhughthom
    Khazaar
    Micheal D'Anjou

I roleblocked Beskar again. Seriously, lets just lynch him and end this.

Vote: Beskar

Blog Entries

I am not mafia, so it wouldn't get ended. But since you are preventing me from finding the mafia.

Vote: Pinman

Blog Entries

We're dealing with Mindflayers, it makes sense that roleblocking would be in their repertoire of skills.

vote: pinman

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    We're dealing with Mindflayers, it makes sense that roleblocking would be in their repertoire of skills.

vote: pinman
    There has to be an enemy killer - because there was a doctor.

If I am lynched, and not Beskar, it'll really be a fail. I mean, reaching epic fail territory.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pinman View Post
    There has to be an enemy killer - because there was a doctor.

If I am lynched, and not Beskar, it'll really be a fail. I mean, reaching epic fail territory.
    Not really, I am not the mafia, I am Dovcil the Dwarf, or are you denying that, even when you attacking me in your roleblock was in the day results?

Not sure what mechanics CDF has installed for the game, haven't the real mafia will be laughing their heads off at this situation. They could have been late with night orders, saw what happened, and decided not to kill tonight.

However, you are being a hinderance to us by roleblocking me opposed to be productive.
    Last edited by Beskar; 06-30-2010 at 03:40.

I highly doubt that the bad guys are called 'mafia'. A cover would be appropriate.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast