View Poll Results: Do you want to be invited to this game?

Voters
46. This poll is closed
  • Consider me signed up!

41 89.13%
  • I'll decide later.

4 8.70%
  • Don't invite me to this game.

1 2.17%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Big New Yorker- [TBNY] concept thread

Default Re: The Big New Yorker- (TBNY) concept thread

Pizza -- I obviously can't speak for others, but on paper, this game looks (and always has looked) like the second-most-amazing game ever (behind Resident Evil, of course). Note I said on paper. After Capo, I realized that I really don't like huge games. If it had fewer players, I would love to play. 100 players, though, is a big turn-off to me.

Actually in this game there seems to be so many dimensions that a huge crowd should not hurt the game so much.I am definitely interested.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Hey guys-

This thing is getting redesigned (very very similar to what it is now) and I would VERY VERY MUCH like to have some "beta testers" so to speak.

You'd be privy to game mechanic information that will be public knowledge anyway, I just need you guys to tell me if the game seems balanced, playable, fun, not too complicated, but still deep enough for all to enjoy, and more specifically, if there's enough fun stuff that networkers and loners and small-group people alike can all enjoy. And if the game won't be broken by ahem.... no-shows.

VOLUNTEERS NOW.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Pizza -- I obviously can't speak for others, but on paper, this game looks (and always has looked) like the second-most-amazing game ever (behind Resident Evil, of course). Note I said on paper. After Capo, I realized that I really don't like huge games. If it had fewer players, I would love to play. 100 players, though, is a big turn-off to me.

I doubt I will get 100 players, firstly.

Secondly I agree, 100 is too many. I'll cap it around where the other Capo games were. 70-80 max. I'll have reserve players to cover for dropouts.

It's still going to be a large/huge game, though.

I'd like to sell you on a few things, though. This game is shifting focus away from being a classical mafia game, in which the town and the mafia are mortal enemies, and the focus is on killing the other factions to win. This game will be more about character growth, and plotting different strategies/routes to victory than simply murdering everyone.

Since I've been sitting on this game for a year, and I've had experiences since then which have given me new perspectives and ideas, I can safely say that this game WILL be a different experience than what you'd expect after Capo.

This is not going to be a 17-murder per night kind of game. The mafia will have more interesting things to do than murder, unless they're at war with another mafia family or feel threatened by the town. The town will have more interesting things to do than form 10 vigilante teams.

This will ALSO shift focus away from having bunches of attack and defense teams for the purposes of character growth like Capo. This will be a more individualist game, or it will involve smaller groups of folks whose skills and money reserves complement one another.

There will also be more protection for the identities of mafia dons and serial killers, who will be very difficult to catch through brute force spreadsheet style solves.

Detectives will not be overpowered, and will follow a capo-like system.

I am going to outline my new vision for this game in an updated thread with a mission statement followed by a detailed sheet of information showing what I'm changing, why, and essentially how the game works.

This game will basically have an instruction manual and basic how-to guide. The rules will be common sense, but given the nature of the game being so non-vanilla, the rules will be rather thick reading. More for reference.

The BIG BAD rules will be brief, to the point, and posted before the mechanics-related rules. Ok?

New thread will pick up where this one leaves off. Redesign is underway!
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 12-16-2011 at 08:38.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234