Thread: Is spain the richest province?

Question Is spain the richest province?

all of my spanish cities are huge and with full buildings and its churning on tons of cash but the greek region are also close along with asia minor. what do u think is the richest province? is it spain?

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Default Re: Is spain the richest province?

Illyria and Greece. The mines in Dalminion and Pella specifically. Though the most I ever saw a province make oddly enough was Gabiene in my Seleucid campaign where it was pulling in 12000 a turn. I think there was a glitch though since the town wasn't paying upkeep costs.
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

They call me Flavius Member Belisarius II's Avatar

Spain is one of the richest provinces seeing that every region, IIRC, has a mine in it.
    "Possunt quia posse videntur." - Virgil - "They can because they think they can."

iudex thervingiorum Member athanaric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius II View Post
    Spain is one of the richest provinces seeing that every region, IIRC, has a mine in it.
    Four actually don't. Edetania, Celtiberia, Lacetania, and Bastetania don't have mines. Most of them have large ports though.
    The richest province in Spain though is Turdetania with Gader as capital. Two mines plus a level 2 port plus an obscene amount of trade resources. Turdulia and Carpetania come close with two mines each as well. Carpetania is landlocked though and Turdulia only supports a level 1 port.

Further east, Makedonia and Dalmatia are blessed with three mines each, being the only provinces with that feature.
    Sind is very neat as well with two mines, a level 2 port, and numerous trade resources. Oh and awesome units if you play the right factions.
    Last edited by athanaric; 07-05-2010 at 15:46.

Swêboz guide for EB 1.2
    Tips and Tricks for New Players
    from Hannibal Khan the Great, Brennus, Tellos Athenaios, and Winsington III.

The areas around Baktria (Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, etc.) are extremely rich for not really being on the coast at all. Lots of mines. Iberia is also very rich, and so is Greece and Illyria.

Blog Entries

The richest single province in all my games were athens or sometime dalmatia, with its mines and sea trade. Spanish provinces lack the many trade routes athens has. Still in the whole of spain there are a lot of wealthy regions, but some are just poor. All Spanish Provinces Combined are not as wealthy as all greek provinces, if you count the agaean sea and western minor asia.
    The provinces in the far east of EBs map have also some great mines, but trade falls flat.
    So I guess nobody beats greece.

If you can control all of the Mediterranean, Greece is the wealthiest (Pella and Demetrias should be key targets) whilst the poorest is probably the Sweboz home provinces having very few ports or mines

The steppes are dirt poor :(
    Ongoing Campaigns: Baktria, Casse, Koinon Hellenon, Pahlava.

Abandoned/Failed Campaigns: Aedui-Epeiros-Pontos-Saba-Saka Rauka-Sauromatae. (I'll be back though!)

Yep having half the Aegean rim is better than having the whole of Iberia. Because of the weighting given to sea trade economic units cluster around seas (and fair enough) but not rivers.

I hold the eastern half of the Aegean basin as Hayasdan atm, and the moment I secured that I was in a position to blitz the map.

I am at peace with everyone there now, I'm holding off because once I take Greece incl Krete then it'll be goodnight Irene.
    From Hax, Nachtmeister & Subotan

Jatte lambasts Calico Rat

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Rahwana's Avatar
    Abduct Shinta, and doing something bad with her
    Blog Entries

yupz, if you play as Carthage, you'll have no option except becoming FILTHY RICH if you posess all Iberia!
    Angkara Murka di Macapada

Quote Originally Posted by seienchin View Post
    Spanish provinces lack the many trade routes athens has..
    Did you ever control south Iberia and North Africa as Carthage? The both starting colonies in Iberia get amazing high trade income (as good as Kart-Hadast or Athens) especially the western one, if you can export to north Africa.
    A short trade route produces much more wealth then a long one, so having a lot of tradeable goods and short trade routes is as important as a big port (2 to 3 trade routes from small to big port). Thats why the agaean sea is rich, but the adriatic sea or south Iberia also. And I'm sure Athens is not as rich as Gader.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    yupz, if you play as Carthage, you'll have no option except becoming FILTHY RICH if you posess all Iberia!
    Same for Rome. Especially after building paved roads and large mines everywhere.

Swêboz guide for EB 1.2

Britain with mines is Quite rich,In my KH campaign Sardis is stinky rich.

Quote Originally Posted by War lord View Post
    Britain with mines is Quite rich,In my KH campaign Sardis is stinky rich.
    Yeah, Lydia (with Sardis as capital) is one of the richest provinces on the map. Two mines, a plethora of tradeable goods and a port help with that. Also a lot of trading partners across the Aegaean.

Britain actually has only two gold or silver mines, however the British provinces have an extreme amount of tin mines (not represented as buildable mines in the game). This, in addition to sea trade with Gaul and Germania, makes them quite rich.

Swêboz guide for EB 1.2

I always found that the province of Ma'in in Arabia was very rich, what with having two mines. I think it's got quite a few trade goods too.
    Last edited by Iain.; 07-07-2010 at 10:55.

so far pella is the city with most income but the iberian peninsula still overall holds produces more than my greek cities. Illyria is also churning tons of cash.

Last edited by Fulminatrix; 07-07-2010 at 16:26.

Klibanophoros Ton Rhomaioktono Member Duguntz's Avatar

Ok... that takes patience to transform the map red... I tend to get bored and start a new passed 150BC
    Opinions are like bacteries : we all have, but it's better to keep them for ourself... (By me!)

generously given by Nachtmeister
    generously given by Macilrille for Sweboz combat tactics
    Generously given by Brennus

150 ? i never got past 200 BC . Always find myself blitzing without intent.

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Rahwana's Avatar
    Abduct Shinta, and doing something bad with her
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Duguntz View Post
    Ok... that takes patience to transform the map red... I tend to get bored and start a new passed 150BC
    bright red or dark red? oh yeah, yellowish bright red or just plain bright red

you should know that was almost impossible to paint dark red after antiocheia, those archers are pretty pesky...
    Angkara Murka di Macapada

i dont know if Spain is the richest province, but after the world cup I bet its the happiest ! :))