Thread: New Empire Player Need Advice

Default New Empire Player Need Advice

Well, I opted for ETW over NTW, main reason being Target dropped the price to $19.99. I have some experience with TW, but haven't played in awhile. I'll eventually get NTW, but I wanted to play in Colonial America, and try out the Civil War mod. Anyhow, as I await for my game to be patched, I was wondering if I should go ahead and install DarthMod's mod or play through vanilla ETW first? Thoughts?

Desperately Seeking Tamworth Member Ethelred Unread's Avatar

Default Re: New Empire Player Need Advice

Unless you;ve already got darthmod as TW centre is down I'd give vanilla a go.

I'm just about to complete a VH/VH prestige victory long campaign on vanilla then I'll be giving darthmod a go.
    "The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials"

I agree. You can get DarthMod elsewhere, but if you haven't played a TW game recently, you should probably play vanilla for a bit, if for nothing else to get accustomed to the changes since M2TW.

ETW is vastly superior to everything since MTW I think. The interface is really, really good. Lots of tool tips, and you can actually trace every gold piece and every point of unrest back to an understandable source.

Learn about trade routes, trade nodes, and the utility of blockading ports.
    Fac et Spera

yeah I agree play vanilla to get the hang of it. but i digress i didn't like darth mod. i had more fun with trom.

Well, with the unreliablity of TWCenter, I decided to go ahead and start the Road to Independance on N/N vanilla. I'm having a lot of fun with it, and it looks like this will occupy a lot of my time.

GET DARTHMOD. NOW!
    Don't even bother with vanilla.

but Darthmod is quite a big download and may not be to every bodies taste.

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

If you're new, play vanilla. Decide what you like and what not and then look for the mod that works for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

Desperately Seeking Tamworth Member Ethelred Unread's Avatar

I'd definitely complete the road to independence campaign, just to get the hang of all the new features.
    "The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials"