Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Age: The Aeducan Succession [Stopped]

Senior Member Senior Member Reenk Roink's Avatar

Default Re: Dragon Age: The Aeducan Succession

Quote Originally Posted by Secura View Post
    T'is a very good game!

This mafia game is based on one of the six 'Origin' stories, the Dwarven Noble, often cited by the DA community as the best of the six due to the rich plot that actually carries through into the later game, something that doesn't hold true for some of the others. Naturally, I've had to chop and change things to make them work in a mafia setting, so the game will include both key characters from the story and some of my own to facilitate the game, but it'll have that DA flavour for certain. :3
    The thing is I've had the game lying on my shelf for months now, but never have gotten around to playing it; haven't really played much video games at all recently. I got it because I had played previous Bioware RPGs like Neverwinter Nights 2 but then again, I haven't played Neverwinter Nights 2 since I beat it the first time.

Of course, your writing should definitely sell the game quite nicely.

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reenk Roink View Post
    Of course, your writing should definitely sell the game quite nicely.
    I'm hoping that would be the main selling point, especially after Overwatch! ^_^

I'm working through PMs currently, so you'll all get them over the course of Friday and Saturday; I'd appreciate feedback on roles and any questions would naturally be answered. Can't wait to get this off the ground. :3
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Alrighty, I've currently completed four roles and sent them off to their respective players; you know who y'all are, please let me know if you have any questions or problems with your role, I'll explain as best I can.

For everyone else, I'll get the rest done tomorrow after work, and you should at least have them and a started game by the end of Saturday. G'night for now. :3
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Call me Arpeg. Member ArpeggiateTHIS's Avatar

Alrighty, I've currently completed four roles and sent them off to their respective players; you know who y'all are, please let me know if you have any questions or problems with your role, I'll explain as best I can.

For everyone else, I'll get the rest done tomorrow after work, and you should at least have them and a started game by the end of Saturday. G'night for now. :3
    *Clears Saturday night schedule*
    Arpeggio: A broken chord. Arpeggiate: Breaking up a chord. ArpeggiateTHIS, scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by ArpeggiateTHIS View Post
    *Clears Saturday night schedule*
    You're mad! :P

Anyways, someone raised an interesting point about items, and I have amended the opening post to reflect the method of acquiring them, but will reiterate here nonetheless:

Merchants will present new items and announce their effects, but they are bid on privately with gold; the winner is kept private also.
    Duncan will present previously-owned items and will not announce their effects, and they are publicly voted on by the players; the winner is announced in-thread alongside the lynch.

Items are always presented at the start of the day phase, after the writeup regarding the previous night's events. :3

EDIT: As an additional note, I'll reiterate something else; be careful who you reveal to. This is Orzammar's Diamond Quarter, rife with deceit and betrayal... those who you consider your allies or your kin may not stay that way, and even the most trusted of allies can become the most feared of enemies.
    Last edited by Secura; 07-10-2010 at 00:08.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

You cannot reveal or hint at your role name or alignment privately to other players, only publicly in the thread
    be careful who you reveal to.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    Ahh, but I have said that abilities, items and such are fair game; what I'm saying is that you shouldn't reveal to someone just because they're your character's second-cousin twice-removed on their mother's side... this is a changing, malleable game, just like it's inspiration; you may reveal your abilities or whatnot to someone you percieve as an ally only for them to use that information against you later on if their allegiances change. :3

And if someone wants to role-claim in-thread then so be it, I'm not going to forbid it... just like all games though, what might save you from a lynch may present you as a nighttime target instead. :P
    Last edited by Secura; 07-10-2010 at 00:25.

Okay, I suck... due to a newbie administration error, I have sent the same PM to two players at once; while the intended recipient has recieved it and confirmed doing so, another player who was intended for a different role entirely has seen that PM and as such can't really participate anymore due to metagaming reasons, which is most unfortunate. I've promoted God Emperor from reserves to reflect this unfortunate turn of events.

My game's going to be jinxed now... sincerest apologies, Drizzty. :<

Dejotaros moc Praesutagos Member Cultured Drizzt fan's Avatar

Okay, I suck... due to a newbie administration error, I have sent the same PM to two players at once; while the intended recipient has recieved it and confirmed doing so, another player who was intended for a different role entirely has seen that PM and as such can't really participate anymore due to metagaming reasons, which is most unfortunate. I've promoted God Emperor from reserves to reflect this unfortunate turn of events.

My game's going to be jinxed now... sincerest apologies, Drizzty. :<
    Its fine, things happen like that. No reason to fret over it!
    Micheal D'Anjou
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    memory of the short lived king of Babylon Patrokles Adiabenikos

Slaving away over the rest of the role PMs now, doing 'em three-at-a-time. xD

Hoping to be done in the next four or so hours.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh crap, does this mean we have to read them?

Prodigy of Paarthurnax Member Skooma Addict's Avatar

I am...too late. *weeps bitterly*

Could I be a reservist?

Quote Originally Posted by Skooma Addict View Post
    Could I be a reservist?
    Yup, I'll add you to the list! ^_^

I've got two more roles out the way and sent off; their recipients can PM me if they have any questions, and I would love feedback on what y'all think of their layouts, the narrative and such!

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Where's my role?
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    Where's my role?
    I'm ever so sorry, Chaobot... you'll get it eventually, treacle.

I've been typing out roles since I got home from work about seven hours or so ago, having completed nine total today; anyone who has recieved a PM already will tell you that alot of effort's gone into it, particularly as half the characters are completely made-up for the game and thus require a fresh background created for them to fit in with the story. I estimate that there's about... 60+ images used in the completed game, just in the role PMs alone (characters, classes, abilities and items... s'alot of stuff); I like things to look good, presentable and in clear and concise English.

I had planned on starting the game today, but the work's immensely tiring; I really really should have begun work on the PMs sooner, but severely underestimated both the workload of the game itself (t'is my first small game, second game in all!) and just how knackered I would be after work each day; my body wasn't really prepared for walking miles in dunes, lifting my own body weight in sand and using sporting equipment that carries a risk of killing me, that's for sure! :P

So to Romanic, Beskar, Chaotix, split, Blackadder and Khazaar, I apologise again that you've had to wait; I'll be finishing the last few role PMs tomorrow after work (2pm GMT) and hopefully you'll have them and a running game within the next twenty-four hours.

Just watched the WC Final conclude, finishing up PMs now; two and a bit left, then I'll post a short writeup (to be expanded later) and get the game going! :3

Day One
    Voting concludes at 00:00 GMT, 14/07/10

Inside the Royal Palace

Her skin was much paler than it had been only hours ago; cheeks that once flushed crimson were now blanched a speckled pink-white that showed none of the warmth that she had been known for. In life, the noble's soft auburn hair had begun to give way to brittle grey tones; the usual tight-knotted bun that she wore so regally had come loose as she collapsed to the floor, cascading across the stone as though it was for a painting.

Emotionless, white-hued orbs gazed upwards towards the ceiling, flecked with narrow-lined shades of scarlet; the rolled-back eyes of Lady Dordan gave no indications of how she had died, told no tale of why her life had been taken so coldly and suddenly.

King Endrin Aeducan sighed heavily, and turned away from the body; he held no thoughts of any scandal that might emerge with a murder occuring on his property, nor of the joyous events that had preceded this moment, but for the surviving members of House Dordan who had lost their matriach so soon after her predecessor had died as a result of her advancing years. It was his due, as their monarch and her friend, to ensure that they were properly cared for and that her killer was met with the swift hand of justice.

"My dear girl...", he whispered softly, twirling a wrinkled forefinger through his whitened beard as a beaded droplet or two slowly ran down from his eyes.

A hand rested upon his shoulder, and Endrin turned to see his esteemed guest had concluded his inspection of the deceased; a rush of warmth filled the monarch's heart, and he managed a weak smile beneath the gentle tears, because he knew that if there was anyone that could be counted upon in such a dire time, it would be a Grey Warden.

"There are no signs of physical distress, but beyond that it isn't clear, Endrin", the human stated calmly.

"Then... what killed the poor girl, Duncan?", Endrin said through gritted teeth, his smile having faded and the tears continuing harder still, "was it...?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A crowd had gathered in the Throne Room, many of whom were still wearing thier night attire having been woken up several hours early; a sea of disgruntled and confused Dwarven faces flitted from the weary-looking King hunched in his throne to the formiddable figure of a man stood nearby, conferring with fellow humans about matters they knew not.

Endrin finally managed to shake himself from his own thoughts, climbing to his feet and looking across at his guests; on another day, he might have found himself chuckling about Lady Helmi's bed-hair, but this was no time for laughing, only severity.

"Loyal deshyrs, attentive citizens, trusted children", he croaked, feeling a lump in his throat as he began to speak. He paused, cleared his throat, and started again, trying to remain strong for everyone else, particularly his three children, all of whom he counted among the crowd.

"A few hours ago, the lifeless body of Lady Dordan was discovered in her chambers", the King stated gravely, "and while we are unsure currently, we have the honourable Grey Wardens assisting our efforts."

This statement caused a ripple of emotions throughout the crowd; some remained silent in sheer shock, others frantic in full-on fear. Endrin was pleased to see that his own children maintained a veneer of outer calm and decorum, at the very least, even if they did not feel it.

"We are going to root out the troublemaker and show them that no Dwarf, whether he be pauper or prince, will avoid the hammer of justice." King Aeducan stated in a finalised manner, before settling back into his chair and sighing heavily once more.

"Let the discussion commence..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Alive: (17/17)
    TheFlax
    Double A
    Beskar
    Pinman
    Renata
    civplayah
    Chaotix
    ArpeggiateTHIS
    Yaseikhaan
    Khazaar
    Romanic
    spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    Captain Blackadder
    autolycus
    Reenk Roink
    johnhughthom
    God Emperor

Just some points I wanna raise:
    • All Role PMs are now delivered!
    • Remember to check the rules, as they've been amended recently!
    • If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
    • I love feedback, so feel free to make any comments about my writing publicly/privately!
    • Have fun!
    Last edited by Secura; 07-12-2010 at 14:14.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Interesting, who went at this hour into the Lady's bechamber? Most of us are still in our night-wear, my lord.
    Last edited by Beskar; 07-12-2010 at 02:02.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

We ought to get to the bottom of this at once. Under Dwarven law, you are all guilty until proven innocent.

Vote: civplayah

Where is your defense?
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Could this be down to the Jarvia and her carta? *For anybody who hasn't played DA:O, they're a Dwarven gang.*

Either way, we need to begin the pointing of the fingers, and soon after, the smashing and smushing of our enemies with greatswords and mauls! Vote: Autolycus. What have you got to say for yourself?
    Arpeggio: A broken chord. Arpeggiate: Breaking up a chord. ArpeggiateTHIS, scumbag.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Curious that you are so eager to have people put to death with no evidence, Imprison: Chaotix and see what happens tonight.

The great Shai-Hulud Member God Emperor's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How could this happen? where were the guards? Lady Dordan was murdered and we need to see swift justice!
    I have heard how spL1tp3r50naL1ty talked about Lady Dordan, when she was not around, spL1tp3r50naL1ty is surely to have done it!
    Vote: spL1tp3r50naL1ty

-This is to the players of the game: I shall try to keep my participation high, but I fear I wont have acces to the computer all day and night, so if I do not answer questions directed at me, then now you know why
    -for Secura: Could you at each day phase, including this one, write the names of the players still in the game?
    In the game of chess you can never let your adversary see your pieces.

I have got a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel

INTP

You dare vote me? Imprison: God Emperor.

I do not believe you to be guilty, just ignorant of the truth.

OOC: =p
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    Thank you for the smile, I like your image a lot. Hopefully you don't feel too much like a number here.

Rest in peace TosaInu

I spy the evil peoples Senior Member Romanic's Avatar

Atrasta nal tunsha Lady Dordan. We will miss your bushy whiskers.

Imprison: autolycus

Do you have an alibi for last night?

Ahh, I apologise Autolycus.

Seems I totally forgot about the idea of imprisonment. Unvote; Imprison: Autolycus

Let's see if you crack in the cells, foul peasant!

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Vote: Arp

Backing down like a common duster, outrageous.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor View Post
    for Secura: Could you at each day phase, including this one, write the names of the players still in the game?
    I had intended to do that for future phases, yes; I didn't provide a list for this phase because all seventeen players are currently alive.

I'm a simple fellow. If a night in the jails will make you all more comfortable, I'm ok with that. Nevertheless, I think another would be a better choice Imprison: Khazaar
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

Imprisonment is for weaklings.

vote: Reenk Roink

vote: Beskar

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast