Thread: Can't get it to work

Unhappy Can't get it to work

Ok, Using a Dell laptop, specs are enough to get it running.
    I have installed RTW, plus BI and patched to 1.5

I've followed the FAQ instructions, a youtube vid, tried it a million times. I just can't get the mod to work. I know it doesn't because I have it on another pc and I don't get all the options like Single player and Mulitplayer.

All it throws up is Play, and Run. Run does nothing, play just starts up the regular total war.

What am I doing wrong?

Default Re: Can't get it to work

What's the operating system on the new computer? I've heard of people having problems getting EB to work on Windows Vista, although these could be just rumors. Maybe make a partition for Windows XP just to play EB? -M
    My Balloons:

i'm using XP

Huh. Weird then. So you can install it, but there's no visible way to play it? -M
    My Balloons:

Yeah, I just get options that I didn't get on my other comp. It's stuff like Play EB, Run EB, troubleshoot which doesn't do anything, think a checklist option was there that just gave me a bunch of nonsense.

The one that worked had the single/multiplayer, all that jazz. I'm really super bummed that it's not working on the lappy.

At least let me make sure that I'm doing everything right.

I've started again, clean install of RTW and BI, patched 1.5, and I'm now at the spot that I assume I'm doing something wrong.

My game is in the C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly folder. If I open that, I'm sent to

C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War, with the folders BI, data, Miles, gamespy, msswhatever, RTW and BI.

Do I install the mod to just the Creative assembly folder, or do I go one further to the \Rome?

Go further into the Rome Folder, and when you do that, double check to make sure there aren't any pre-existing saved game files from Vanilla - that will totally screw things up. -M
    My Balloons:

No saves anywhere, I haven't played a single battle on this comp. been itching to play EB.

and I install into C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War?

I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the help

Unless 1.2 changes something, it's not going to work. All I have in the EB folder is a play, uninstall, validate, faq, and visit the home page.
    Rome gets new folders EBplay, EBicon, a folder for backups and stuff, and some other files.

No single player/multiplayer option. 20 odd minutes until the patch in downloaded and installed. I'll update y'all then

Loving being a Member Ghaust the Moor's Avatar

I'm fairly certain that the options for running multiplayer/singleplayer are found in the trivial script, but I could be wrong.

I installed that with everything else. EBplay brings me to vanilla Rtw, don't have any option for anything else anywhere.

Any other ideas?

I have an error when I click run Eb searching for eb-show_err. What's that about?
    Last edited by happy; 07-11-2010 at 06:11.

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Did you install 1.2 + fixes already in the same folder as 1.1 was installed to?
    Then you create a new shortcut to RTW.exe and edit the target line, there you add: -mod:EB -ne -nm

If you already have BI, look in the sub-mod forum o EB for the BI installer.

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Moving this to the technical help forum.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

I'm having the exact same problem, Ive downloaded and played it before fine on the same computer but now this happens. I tried it many times, and even tried eb data over the original rtw data and that made it so custom and some historical battles would work but not the campain

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

See this thread as a reference: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=80270

If you have a problem at any point post here!

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions