Thread: Equites Singulares

Default Equites Singulares

I want Equites Singulares in my ongoing Romani campaign. Is there any way to do that? I realize they were removed for historical reasons however I don't see the point since Baktrian Cataphract bodyguards occur with MoT as do Pahlav Cataphract bodyguards and Saka bodyguards all of which should be farther down the road too. Yes, Singulares should be around year 0, not year 250, but I don't want to keep using Consular bodyguards during the Marian and Augustan ages regardless because they're boring. If it's easy enough to mod them in myself please tell me how, if not is there a mod which does this?
    1x From Fluvius Camillus for making him laugh.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Equites Singulares

Moving thread to the submod forum.

I think all you need to do is add "general_unit_upgrade" to the unit attributes and make sure it is listed below the starting general's unit (see Aradan's EDU guide), but search the R:TW modding guides, just to be sure.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Default Re: Equites Singulares

Yeah, that worked! And while it doesn't replace existing general's bodyguards in a campaign where March of Time is already finished, it WILL make new bodyguards Singulares instead of Consulares. Just not the generals that are already alive. And if you have a campaign pre-MoT it changes them when you get MoT.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    Moving thread to the submod forum.

I think all you need to do is add "general_unit_upgrade" to the unit attributes and make sure it is listed below the starting general's unit (see Aradan's EDU guide), but search the R:TW modding guides, just to be sure.
    I should add "general_unit_upgrade" to the consular or the singulares unit?
    "I do not separate people, as do the narrow-minded, into Greeks and barbarians. I am not interested in the origin or race of citizens. I only distinguish them on the basis of their virtue. For me each good foreigner is a Greek and each bad Greek is worse than a barbarian. "
    Megas Alexandros

Alexandri Magni Macedoni

Blog Entries

The singulares. The consular gets the "general_unit" attribute. It's described in the link.

Yeah, all you need to to is add the general_unit_upgrade trait to the Singulares and it works like a charm.

Adding general_unit_upgrade does work like a charm, thanks a lot guys. But I want to know if there is any way to make them available with augustan reforms... Is there? thanks already!
    Campaigns Completed:

The Claws of Destiny - A Makedonian AAR https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...Makedonian-AAR

Blog Entries

Do you want to tie the bodyguard reform to the Augustean reforms, or do you want to be able to recruit this unit after the Augustean reforms? The former is unfortunately impossible. The only way to reform bodyguards is through the vanilla Marian-reforms event. The latter may be possible, but I am not 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    Do you want to tie the bodyguard reform to the Augustean reforms, or do you want to be able to recruit this unit after the Augustean reforms? The former is unfortunately impossible. The only way to reform bodyguards is through the vanilla Marian-reforms event. The latter may be possible, but I am not 100% sure.
    Oh, too bad we can't tie the reform to Augustans...Anyway, thanks again for the information!
    Campaigns Completed:

The Claws of Destiny - A Makedonian AAR https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...Makedonian-AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Arkeolog4 View Post
    Oh, too bad we can't tie the reform to Augustans...Anyway, thanks again for the information!
    You could of course change the bodyguard unit manually after the Augustan reforms have occurred. That won't change the bodyguards for the FM's that have already come of age though.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Paltmull View Post
    You could of course change the bodyguard unit manually after the Augustan reforms have occurred. That won't change the bodyguards for the FM's that have already come of age though.
    It's possible to change all bodyguards for all FMs. I did that in my KH as Bosphoritai and in my Casse campaign.

consular cavalry boring? I see them as a real work of art, they're marvelous, my favorite roman-unit by far
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    Allready download and see it... Very-very good idea!!! Brav.... eh....

OH BY IVPITER?!? WHAT'VE I DONE!?!? OH PATER CONSCRIPTI..... FORGIVE ME

I was a Roman... and a good Roman won't laugh too see his comrades dying in calendar!!! I call for a Proud Roman artist to made one calendar full of Glorious Roman conquest!!!