Thread: AI Lusitanian and ptolemai steamrolling other factions - possible fixes?

Default AI Lusitanian and ptolemai steamrolling other factions - possible fixes?

Hello,

In most games i play, Lusitonian end up pushing carthage out of spain then proceed in literally steamrolling the Gauls; it probably has to do with spanish mines giving them huge amount of money each turns. Even once when the aedui conquered both the arverni and Sweboz, lusitonian still steamrolled them.

Ptolemai on the other hand are completely unnoposed and usually take advantage of the seleucid being at war on all front to steamroll them.

Very rarely, Carthago will conquer spain, and the seleucid will attack ptolemai first and win the war, but its very rare imo.

Have any idea about a way to work around this?
    Things i have thought about:
    - creating a land bridge at gibraltar since carthago barely send naval reinforcement in spain;
    - removing hyerosalema/sidon and salamis from ptolemai rule and making them neutral;
    - giving more starting settlements to saba in africa;
    - giving all the north coast of anatolia to pontus as starting settlements;

If you have any other idea, please share :)

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel Member Kival's Avatar

Default Re: AI Lusitanian and ptolemai steamrolling other factions - possible fixes?

Did you install the (light)spear-fix, which reduces attack of every spear fighter? After that the Lusitanian no more steamrolled everyone in my games.

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel

Default Re: AI Lusitanian and ptolemai steamrolling other factions - possible fixes?

Quote Originally Posted by Kival View Post
    Did you install the (light)spear-fix, which reduces attack of every spear fighter? After that the Lusitanian no more steamrolled everyone in my games.
    Hey, i installed the fix and ran some games... no change, lusitanian still steamrolling gauls/rome :(

Finally found à fix... reduced money script for lusitania to 10000 and ptolemai to 5000.

Now Their behavior gives more chances to their neighbors

what file is the money script located in? i cant find it so if i could get some instructions that would be great, im sick of having to donate to seleucids and averni every turn