Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1184

Thread: World of Tanks - Free to play Panzer MMO

Default Re: World of Tanks - Free to play Panzer MMO

Weak spots old chap, learn the weak spots.

Then they buff/nerf a tank and you have to do it all over again.

SU100 eh? My you are coming on. Still on the 85 meself but it's such a beast I'm loathed to leave it!
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Insomniac and tired of it Senior Member Slyspy's Avatar

I still suck at playing anything above tier seven. 42% in my Patton after nearly three hundred games! I'm too scared to play my E75 and Patton much at tier nine. Tier seven though is no problem.
    "Put 'em in blue coats, put 'em in red coats, the bastards will run all the same!"

"The English are a strange people....They came here in the morning, looked at the wall, walked over it, killed the garrison and returned to breakfast. What can withstand them?"

Quote Originally Posted by Slyspy View Post
    I still suck at playing anything above tier seven. 42% in my Patton after nearly three hundred games! I'm too scared to play my E75 and Patton much at tier nine. Tier seven though is no problem.
    I thought it was just me.

Expense alone.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache View Post

SU100 eh? My you are coming on. Still on the 85 meself but it's such a beast I'm loathed to leave it!
    I was firing up his stern! Lord love a duck it should have been a TAD less slathered in armor.

Though I agree with you about the weak points thing. Harder to pinpoint them with the .4 dispersion on the Ruski 100mm though.

My Stug is my favorite for causing havoc. Side shots above the tread just at the back edge of the turret....lovely fireworks sometimes.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

I was firing up his stern! Lord love a duck it should have been a TAD less slathered in armor.

Though I agree with you about the weak points thing. Harder to pinpoint them with the .4 dispersion on the Ruski 100mm though.

My Stug is my favorite for causing havoc. Side shots above the tread just at the back edge of the turret....lovely fireworks sometimes.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

Status Emeritus

Member thankful for this post:

Husar 

Absolutely hating the T-49. Just gets one-shot killed and moves just fast enough to get into trouble. Only success is firing one shot, running two-or three graph squares, then repeating. Earns next to no experience in process.

Well I've just about had it. I cannot get into a game these last 48 hours. Watching that red line creep up a bit and then stop at about 25%, then being disconnected, time and again. It started with the 9.0 patch and has got worse since. I even bought some extra memory and up graded my video card, all to no avail.

If that wasn't bad enough, I'm about 10k from unlocking the IndienPanzer.

Any ideas lads?

running 9.0 fine here. The load is much slower than 8, taking about 4-5 times longer, but still less than 3 minutes

Not sure....can you uninstall - reinstall without losing the account?

You could try defragmenting the hard drive, if the game files are all over the place, loading should be slower.
    Otherwise 9.1 may fix it, I think the test already improved loading times quite a bit for some people.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    Not sure....can you uninstall - reinstall without losing the account?
    I am sure you can. Account data is server side while all tanks, sounds etc. are client side. You should be able to play WoT from any machine that has the game installed.

I checked to see if there were any problems with the EU servers and ended up playing several hours. Nothing wrong with the servers and I find the game much quicker than pre 9.0
    Its probably a faulty install (game + 9.0 faulty update). A clean install should solve this. Just keep your screens and replays when you wipe the old game off the computer.
    Status Emeritus

A clean install should solve this.
    Well I did just that overnight and as you can see was up bright and early. Success!

It might have been when I un-installed XVM, mainly because it was beginning to depress me. I mean 9% success rate, c'mon....

Absolutely hating the T-49. Just gets one-shot killed and moves just fast enough to get into trouble. Only success is firing one shot, running two-or three graph squares, then repeating. Earns next to no experience in process.
    The T49 is widely regarded as one of the best vehicles in the game. It is fast, stealthy and has a rapid rate of fire with a good penetration. Typically use it as a punchy scout at the start, a sneaky sniper once the fight starts properly and then a speedy flanker once the field opens up. Here are some good vids and example from some of the best players in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZWp8LQsqOo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DT51a7ghhU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrtv5dlV2ps

Well I did just that overnight and as you can see was up bright and early. Success!

It might have been when I un-installed XVM, mainly because it was beginning to depress me. I mean 9% success rate, c'mon....
    XVM is worth using for the minimap information alone, while player info can be handy or merely interesting. Turn off the winchance thing though, it doesn't take into account which tank is in use and frankly can be a self-fulfilling prophecy. I use Aslain's Modpack which has all sorts of mods and configs:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.p...v365-30052014/
    "Put 'em in blue coats, put 'em in red coats, the bastards will run all the same!"

"The English are a strange people....They came here in the morning, looked at the wall, walked over it, killed the garrison and returned to breakfast. What can withstand them?"

I got the IndienPanzer, what a tank! I've not got the 90mm on it yet.

It got me thinking.

Hidden gems.

Here's a couple that I found.

M7 medium tier 5.

Aufkl-Panther light tier 7 (once fully upgraded)

Cromwell medium tier 6

M4A3E8 medium tier 6

what are yours?

I don't know about hidden, but the M8a1 with the big gun was a joy to play at tier 4. Most tier 4s, facing 6s as often as they do, were a hassle.

I also think the Medium Mark 1 plays well -- it requires some finicky handling since it has neither speed nor armor, but makes a real impact on tier one or even two when handled properly.

Surprisingly, I am enjoying the Chi-Ni. Even though the crew is mediocre (transfers without gold), it contributes surprisingly well. Not a battle winner, but a steady participant with decent maneuverability and a very low silhouette.

So far, however, I have noticed that the low tier Japanese tanks are prone to crew kills.

Type 59... my most played tank, not because it brings in the dough. I simply enjoy its all-round purpose.

Playing for fun (not as a part of a purposeful grinding):
    - GW Panther (hilarious arty) VII
    - T28 Prototype (slow but very good in a defensive play style) VIII
    - IS4 (I just rock in this tank) X
    - AMX13 90 (hilarious) VIII

Awful tanks
    - IS8 (I swear this tank is cursed) IX
    - E50 (got the nerf = unplayable) IX
    - Lorraine 40t (unplayable since it got lifted to tier IX) IX
    Status Emeritus

My latest "hidden gem" is the tier four Japanese light tank the Ke Ho, little ninja that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyspy View Post
    My latest "hidden gem" is the tier four Japanese light tank the Ke Ho, little ninja that it is.
    The tier IV medium is a bit of a beast as well, especially with the 57mm mounted.

Following a series of password kerfluffles, I have "re-rolled" my account. Look for Seamus_Armagh if you wish to hunt me down.

So far, at just over 1k battles, I do not have anything bigger than a tier 3....and only two of those. I am grinding this hard and slow, but I will NOT gad about in tiers 5 and 6 without crews with AT LEAST one completed skill across the crew.

Saw a seal-clubbing backfire the other day. T-18 driver was tracked early and taken out in a deluge of fire before he could make a hit. After the match, noted that he had 33k+ battles.....about 10k more than the entire company facing him. LIke watching a Harp Seal cub spin around and slap a hunter senseless...beautiful.

Any thoughts on 9.2?

I like fiery crescent but dislike the changes to cliff and el hassuf -- lots of nice sniper lurks casually wiped out

Hehe I got the KV-2 for a laugh. Big gun, BIA, crew grub and it now takes under 19 seconds on a re-load. They think they're ok then BOOM! gone. I took out a full life KV-1S with one shot. Man was he as mad as hell at me! The things he said to me even made me blush.

Deep joy indeed.

Hehe I got the KV-2 for a laugh. Big gun, BIA, crew grub and it now takes under 19 seconds on a re-load. They think they're ok then BOOM! gone. I took out a full life KV-1S with one shot. Man was he as mad as hell at me! The things he said to me even made me blush.

Deep joy indeed.
    It is amazing how many people will scream "hacker" at you....rather than check the game mechanics that you used to beat them.

I've never faced someone who bothered with both rations and BIA on a KV-2....and one extra round per minute on that beast would be REALLY scary.

and one extra round per minute on that beast would be REALLY scary.
    18.99 seconds re-load. They really don't expect it.

18.99 seconds re-load. They really don't expect it.
    3.1 rpm vice 2.5....of COURSE they don't expect it. They think they have time to roll out, let the aiming circle shrink, shoot you AND pull back. They way you are set up they are either still aiming or just starting to pull back when....BOOM.

That 152 is a beast. My Toaster has 350 HP -- any pen shot is a one shot kill. IF he hits my tread at an odd angle with HE and fails to penetrate, then the double cone reduction of damage can do as "little" as 200-odd damage to me. Hit anywhere BUT the tread with an HE round, even if it fails to pen, and the minimum damage is 35 or so points more than I have.

KV-2 is beatable because of that turret, but that gun is a beast.

Looks like they've nerfed the Chaffee big time. So what should I do? Stick with it or unlock the tiers above it. After all I stayed with the Chaffee because of it's stats which are in many ways superior to the upper tiers.

The other problem is this. If I switch to, lets say, the Merican TD line then I lose my training tanks.

Let me explain. The Chaffee crew I train three in the T2, then four in the Combat Car, then the whole crew in the Chaffee. So that x3 bonus is effectivley x8.5 give or take. I will lose that advantage if I leave the light/scout line. Now I've come across higher tier scouts and tbh I eat them for breakfast.

So, leave the Merican light/scout line and pursue the TDs or stay and face another bloody slog up the tiers?

Decisions, decisions.....
    Last edited by InsaneApache; 09-09-2014 at 19:18.

Looks like they've nerfed the Chaffee big time. So what should I do? Stick with it or unlock the tiers above it. After all I stayed with the Chaffee because of it's stats which are in many ways superior to the upper tiers.

The other problem is this. If I switch to, lets say, the Merican TD line then I lose my training tanks.

Let me explain. The Chaffee crew I train four in the T2, then five in the Combat Car, then the whole crew in the Chaffee. So that x3 bonus is effectivley x8.5 give or take. I will lose that advantage if I leave the light/scout line. Now I've come across higher tier scouts and tbh I eat them for breakfast.

So, leave the Merican light/scout line and pursue the TDs or stay and face another bloody slog up the tiers?

Decisions, decisions.....
    What did they do to it?

What did they do to it?
    Apparently the Chaffee is the only one left of the 'old' tank lines, such as when the KV was just one (uber) tank. That's why it gets MM up to tier X. The only conclusion I can draw is that they want the game to become easier. Although the Chaffee is great, it's not a tank for the inexperienced or faint-hearted. When played well it's a blinder, when it's not, it's about as much use as a Loltraktor in tier X.

Sorry re-read your question.

It's knocked down to a 'normal' scout so it's tier 7 at most. No doubt range, rate of fire and all the other stuff that made this a fun tank to play will be downgraded.
    Last edited by InsaneApache; 09-09-2014 at 19:22.

Fast forward about 8 min 30 sec in this:
    Status Emeritus

Members thankful for this post (2):

Well I waited until I could unlock all the modules and then went and got it.

Ta-da!

The Leopard PTA.

It broke my heart to sell the Indien Panzer but this tank is very good. Very good indeed.

Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 LastLast