Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940
Results 1,171 to 1,184 of 1184

Thread: World of Tanks - Free to play Panzer MMO

Default Re: World of Tanks - Free to play Panzer MMO

Finally got my tier 9 VK, and the tank's a beast. The amount of bounces I've been getting remind me of the heydays of the KV1 and KV3. It's amazing. Even tier 10 tanks find it tough to hit the weak spots and most don't even know the weak spots.
    Apart from the occasional gold toting tank, tier 10 TDs (and of course artillery on open maps), the VK B is nigh invulnerable. I cannot wait to get the top gun and do some real damage.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

So......

I drive a fair number of turretless TDs in my garage. Currently finding the number of upper tier lights who drive up to 5m range and execute me with shots from the rear to be rather galling. This was always a concern, especially with the slower rides like the Proto or AT-series, and part of the gameplay but the degree to which a tier 7 light outclasses an AT-8 is rather scary.

I assume that if I did less random gaming and had more dedicated support that some of this would go away (Side Note: most random game support efforts involve them killing the light tank just after my Proto has been slagged) as teammates would limit the number of complete flanking failures.

What I would like to hear some thoughts on is: Has the improvement in upper tier lights gone too far toward making TDs unplayable?
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

It's a difficult one this. That's the weakness of turret-less TDs. I use crew training. BIA and clutch braking helps a lot. If you can turn your tracks fast enough you have a good chance of tracking him and then it's game over. You could also stay close to allies although this does not guarantee that they will/can help you.

In other news I sold my Chafee last night. Decided to go for the Bulldog after all. I see these little buggers dominating tier 7 - 9 games and i what a piece of the action!
    Last edited by InsaneApache; 03-25-2015 at 11:50.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache View Post
    It's a difficult one this. That's the weakness of turret-less TDs. I use crew training. BIA and clutch braking helps a lot. If you can turn your tracks fast enough you have a good chance of tracking him and then it's game over. You could also stay close to allies although this does not guarantee that they will/can help you.

In other news I sold my Chafee last night. Decided to go for the Bulldog after all. I see these little buggers dominating tier 7 - 9 games and i what a piece of the action!
    Bulldog, as statted, plays like a medium in hitting power and functional toughness, but still gains the benefits of light camo rules. Even after the slight nerf, the thing is devastating.

The only comforting thing for me is, as word has gotten out about how awesomely it plays, everyone AND their cousin is acquiring one. Unfortunately for many of them, having an awesome tank to drive isn't anywhere near as effective as driving it awesomely would be. Those I can smack around since it is bouncy but essentially unarmored versus guns of its tier.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

I got the Bulldog last night and it doesn't disappoint. That's with the stock gun and turret so god knows how good it will be fully upgraded.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Wow! Just threw all 12k of my free experience into upgrading the Proto from the 105 to the 120. Good GRAVEY but it makes a difference. It was tolerable but rarely shined with the 105, but with this thing I have posted 4 wins in 4 missions, 3 of them with fire for effect (the other we won too quickly)

EDIT:

Well, that streak ended and I am getting back to normal. Still it IS fun finally being able to pen some tier IX heavies and mediums from the Front without having to wait for them to reach 100m (Cupola targeting) range
    Last edited by Seamus Fermanagh; 04-06-2015 at 22:01.

I got my free Dicker Max (ooer missus), anyone else?

Lulz that cheered me up.

Members thankful for this post (3):

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Japanese commercial for World of Tanks

Member thankful for this post:

Husar 

SO anyway, I learned last month that you can hit the mouse roller and zoom in your targeting...

Oy vey.

Member thankful for this post:

Husar 

Why do I still play this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    Why do I still play this game?
    Because it's hilarious?

Members thankful for this post (3):

If you're looking to improve your gameplay, try the Unicum guides, starting with this guide to play the M4A1 Revalorise.

Also the underrated Crusader.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Bringing back this thread to our general attention - I've been playing some World of Tanks lately (very late to the party, I know) and while I'm currently at Tier V with German & American tanks, I'm struggling pretty much.

While I have some good games, most often than not I'm destroyed by some tank destroyer I can't even see.

Any general tips to improve?

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940