Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roving Elves: Sepulchre of the Ancients [Concluded]

Call me Arpeg. Member ArpeggiateTHIS's Avatar

Default Roving Elves: Sepulchre of the Ancients [Concluded]

“For centuries your brethren have been at the foot of the Elven Palatinate, forgotten by those gifted by the powers of Magicks and blessed by riches unknown to your kind. You are the lowest of Elvish society; the slave to the fields, the maid in the mansion, the peasant struggling to survive in the alleys and grubby shanty-towns of Malmsteena.
    Your fortunes have changed. During another night in the Bad Moon, the scruffy tavern in which you squander the few gold pieces you have to your name, you and your fellow drinkers are beckoned into one of the many dark corners by an unfamiliar figure. You watch in awe as the outsider unfurls a tattered map onto the table, a map pinpointing the whereabouts of a secret entrance to the Sepulchre of the Ancients, a tomb in which the Venerables were laid to rest, surrounded by an innumerable amount of enchanted treasures and invaluable trinkets. You become frozen in deep thought; the punishment for trespassing in the Sepulchre is surely worse than death itself, but anybody who lives to tell the tale could become powerful beyond their wildest dreams.
    The stranger turns to you: “Are you in?”...

Welcome! Arpeg (aTHIS, Mr.THIS) invites you to participate in his first ever mafia game, featuring useable items and varied goals to make things interesting. There is no weird hosting, and any unusual twists that arise are created by player decisions only. In this game, nobody is left plain and everybody has the potential to gain power and roles whilst also risking loss.

RULES
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- Unfortunately for you, ACTIVITY IS A MUST. Any Elves left staring into space over two phases leave their mortal souls open to the twisted forces at play in the Sepulchre and will be WOGed.
    - Day phases and night phases will last a day each, and will generally end at around 10:00PM GMT.
    - To Lynch, Vote: ____
    - To Imprison, Imprison: ____
    - To Escape, Vote: ESCAPE
    - To Search, PM me Search: [ROOM NAME or NUMBER]
    - I'd like to discourage PMing amongst townies, but I won't ban it outright.
    - ABSOLUTELY NO DIRECT QUOTING FROM PMS OR ROLES by me or anybody else.

SEARCHING
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- When searching, you PM me a room you would like to search. You may search rooms more than once.
    - Upon searching, there is a chance that you will receive an item or trap, which can be used for your benefit at any time.
    - Each room contains a (pre-written) number of different items which can only be found once each. You can't keep finding the same item in the same room.
    - You may use each item as directed DURING THE NIGHT PHASE, and must PM me to do so.

Sign-ups (7/7):
    Pinman
    Secura
    Johnhughtom
    Landlubber -> Replaced by Renata
    TheFlax
    Civplayah -> Replaced by Yaseikhaan
    Split

Sign-ups are now full. I'll try and get the PMs and rules out tonight.
    Last edited by ArpeggiateTHIS; 08-17-2010 at 10:44.
    Arpeggio: A broken chord. Arpeggiate: Breaking up a chord. ArpeggiateTHIS, scumbag.

Default Re: Roving Elves: Sepulchre of the Ancients

IN.

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

In, of course.
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

The Search for Beefy Member TheFlax's Avatar

Confirmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    TheFlax needs to die on principle. No townie should even be that scummy.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

I'll play.

Confirming...

The .org's resident pirate Member landlubber's Avatar

I'm in.

Looks like that's the seven if Beskie takes his reserved spot.

That was quick! Yeaup, if Beskar takes his spot I'll be able to get things rolling tonight. I'll give him another 24hours to respond, otherwise his place goes to the next available.
    Arpeggio: A broken chord. Arpeggiate: Breaking up a chord. ArpeggiateTHIS, scumbag.

If Beskar doesn't accept his spot, I would like to place myself to take it, if that is alright with everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    Thank you for the smile, I like your image a lot. Hopefully you don't feel too much like a number here.

Rest in peace TosaInu

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Split can take it, as it seems he really wants to play. Thanks for saving it me though, ArgTHIS.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

You respond to the stranger with a feeble nod. The audience around you begins to mutter, but one by one they step forward. “Gentlemen, ladies, welcome aboard” whispered the stranger. “The journey ahead will be uncertain, and success is also uncertain,” the stranger continued: “but I am certain that we have nothing to lose and everything to gain.” Murmurs of agreement erupted from the audience. “I, for one, have been exploited by the Elven Elite for too long, and it is time to take due payment for our hard work! If, after the ill-effects of our cheap mead has worn off, you wish to continue with this band of Roving Elves, our journey will begin outside the city gates at midday tomorrow. I bid you farewell”. The stranger lowered his hood, revealing a withered face amongst a forest of black, matted hair. Without another word, he strode out of the pub and vanished into the night.
    Waking up late the next day, you scramble to gather some basic rations, a few candles and a worn dagger into a sack and head to the city gates, where you are quickly pulled into a secluded ditch. Before you stands the assembly of drinkers from last night, each holding a sense of apprehension on their faces, the stranger now looking more familiar. You depart on your journey, perhaps looking back upon Malmsteena for the last time.
    After a long journey into the woodlands, you reach a desolate outpost covered in vines. Following the stranger, you descend the steps into the unknown. There is no turning back.

I'm starting role PMs now, expect the game to begin about 10 hours from now.

You step off the ladder into the Sepulchre, realising that your band of Roving Elves has completely splintered from civilised society; you are now outlaws. You are amazed to find that chests of all shapes and sizes fill the rooms surrounding your band of Elves, and cannot restrain yourself! “There are fortunes to be gained tonight my friends, but take care, for there lies as many traps in this place as there lies treasures” the stranger announced, quietly hoping that his band of Elves would heed his warning.

Using a dim light from his lantern, the Stranger unfurled a ragged map in front of the Roving Elves, revealing a basic outline of each room in the Sepulchre.
    "It's a shabby map, and it seems like it was drawn up by a goblin runt, but it'll do, won't it?" he asked the elves. "You've got some time to search around, take a look in some rooms and try to find treasure! Remember, we're trying to make ourselves 5,000 sovies here, but anything else found goes under the finders-keepers rule."

Begin "Day" Phase One.

FEEL FREE TO LET YOUR TEMPTATIONS LOOSE AND SEARCH A ROOM. FEELING PARANOID? YOU MAY ALSO VOTE TO LYNCH OR IMPRISON A FELLOW ELF. OH, AND DO TAKE A LOOK AT THE RULES BEFORE POSTING, I HEAR THAT SEPULCHRE SPIRITS CAN TURN QUITE NASTY ON THOSE THAT DON'T ABIDE BY GAME RULES.

Round Ends: 22:00GMT 21/07/2010

URGENT - LAST MINUTE CLARIFICATIONS
    - Somebody reminded me that a town escape option is an easy way out of trouble. For that reason, THERE IS NP ESCAPE. The doors have sealed shut. Magically.
    - "Searching for gold" was really intended as a narrative device and directive - there isn't really a gold tally as such, more of an incentive for you to take advantage of room searches. Just assume that when any anti-town forces are killed, you may escape and have won.
    Last edited by ArpeggiateTHIS; 07-21-2010 at 10:07.

Umm, we've started people...

Imprison: Secura

You can make your name out of the letters to Sepulchre Map. And the remaining letters make phlemp. Blatant scum.

Imprison: The Flax

I want bars between me and anybody so badass that they have a 'The' in their name.

The .org's resident pirate Member landlubber's Avatar

Inprison: Civplayah.
    Nobody plays Civilization on these forums. Most people won't know what that means.

imprison:Johnhughtom
    For having a name I don't understand. :p

Following an imprisonment approach doesn't seem like a game-winning strategy for a game of this size.

Sure, you are delaying the deaths slightly as the mafia will likely refrain from their night-killing fetishes, at least momentarily, in order to to implicate the falsely imprisoned townsperson and have them lynched as a result.

However, you are essentially wasting two lynch phases on a single person (the first to imprison them and the second to lynch), which renders such a strategy useless and unlikely to accomplish anything constructive.

The only hands that such an approach plays into is those of the mafia, and as the first person to suggest such an approach, I'm going to with johnhughthom; I find it a little off that a player as capable as you would immediately opt for imprisonment without seemingly considering the cons of doing so.
    Last edited by Secura; 07-21-2010 at 19:19.
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

vote: johnhughthom, as my vote from my edited post might not be accepted.

30mins remaining and I only have half of the search orders. Given that this is the first round, I'll leave it open for another 12 hours.

Infact, It might be a wiser idea for me to write-up at around noon/12:00PM GMT? Would that work better for USA-ers?

I don't get why you are surprised at my approach to this Secura as I'm doing it in your game too, I don't see what difference it being a smaller game makes.

I dont mind an imprisonment approach personally.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    I don't get why you are surprised at my approach to this Secura as I'm doing it in your game too, I don't see what difference it being a smaller game makes.
    There is less margin for error in a mini-game, and wasting two lynches on imprisoning and then lynching someone is a bad move.

That's my own opinion, however.

Round is over. Commencing write-up.

The dim atmosphere of the Sepulchre had already started to take its toll on the intruders; already arguments had broken out over untrustworthiness and deceit. Although none of the elves were heavily sided against, Secura and Civplayah took it upon themselves to wrestle johnhughthom to the ground and throw him in an old cell in the Cluttered Room for a while.

johnhughthom imprisoned

Tally:
    Imprison:
    Secura (1)
    Civplayah (1)
    TheFlax (1)
    Johnhughthom (1)

Kill:
    Johnhughthom (1)

No Vote:
    Split
    TheFlax
    (You naughty, naughty elves.)

Begin Night Phase One.

- Round will end when I receive any possible actions.
    Last edited by ArpeggiateTHIS; 07-22-2010 at 12:07.

The night phase passes without any unrest or trouble.

Begin Day Phase Two

- Johnhughthom has been released from the cells.

Round will end in 24 hours, regardless of votes and search orders. Sorry, but mini-games should be fast-paced.

Imprison: The Flax

No point in killing JHT yet.

Imprision: CivPlayah

Merely to log a vote for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    Thank you for the smile, I like your image a lot. Hopefully you don't feel too much like a number here.

Rest in peace TosaInu

The Search for Beefy Member TheFlax's Avatar

So we are imprisoning at random?

Well then, imprison: Pinman for going after me twice.

More seriously, we should imprison someone else and see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    TheFlax needs to die on principle. No townie should even be that scummy.

imprison: landlubber

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlax View Post
    So we are imprisoning at random?

Well then, imprison: Pinman for going after me twice.

More seriously, we should imprison someone else and see what happens.
    Perhaps I should have clarified. I think we should imprison somebody else and see what happens.

The reason I picked you was that this could be an obvious frame attempt on JHT. Now, of the people alive, I believe that you are a likely suspect to have done that.

The first vote was just random.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast