Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roving Elves: Sepulchre of the Ancients [Concluded]

The Search for Beefy Member TheFlax's Avatar

Default Re: Roving Elves: Sepulchre of the Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Pinman View Post
    Perhaps I should have clarified. I think we should imprison somebody else and see what happens.

The reason I picked you was that this could be an obvious frame attempt on JHT. Now, of the people alive, I believe that you are a likely suspect to have done that.

The first vote was just random.
    You think too highly of me, I'm just a blundering elf commoner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    TheFlax needs to die on principle. No townie should even be that scummy.

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

I told you that this would happen, and now we've wasted a day phase no matter whether it was a frame attempt or our prisoner was actually the mafia, as I currently suspect.

Therefore, I'm still advocating the lynch of johnhughthom and my vote stays as it was in the previous round.

vote: johnhughthom
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Yes, you did tell us. However, we don't actually have to kill JHT to prove anything.

This isn't to prove anything; I genuinely suspect that he is the mafia.
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlax View Post
    You think too highly of me, I'm just a blundering elf commoner.
    Imprison: TheFlax

Sure you are.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post

Sure you are.

Call me Arpeg. Member ArpeggiateTHIS's Avatar

Round is over. Commencing write-up.

The quarrelling elves continue their hunt through the dungeon, and throw TheFlax into prison for the night phase.

Tally:
    Imprison:
    TheFlax (2)
    Civplayah (1)
    Landlubber (1)
    Pinman (1)

Kill:
    Johnhughthom (1)

No Vote:
    Landlubber

There appears to be a distinct lack of search orders. For this reason, I will now ask that you PM me a "no search" in future, so I can gauge who is forgetting and who is choosing not to.

Begin Night Phase Two

- Round will end when all possible orders are received.
    Last edited by ArpeggiateTHIS; 07-24-2010 at 11:27.
    Arpeggio: A broken chord. Arpeggiate: Breaking up a chord. ArpeggiateTHIS, scumbag.

The night phase again passes without any unrest or trouble and the Roving Elves begin to wonder if they have really evaded the traps and dark forces at work in the dungeon. Cue another day for "uneventful mafia", comments the voice in everybody's heads.

Begin Day Phase Three

- TheFlax has been released from the cells.

Round will end in 24 hours, regardless of votes and search orders. Sorry, but mini-games should be fast-paced.

Due to the unusualness of sending day-phase orders, I will allow players to send search orders in during the previous night phase for the following day. Make use of it, you lazy lackies!
    Last edited by ArpeggiateTHIS; 07-25-2010 at 10:55.
    Arpeggio: A broken chord. Arpeggiate: Breaking up a chord. ArpeggiateTHIS, scumbag.

We're just going around in circles now and it's ridiculous; stop wasting day phases on imprisoning and let's get to lynching someone instead, because we're learning nothing this way.

I'm still going to vote: johnhughthom as my mind hasn't changed.

I'm all for imprisoning Flax again and continuing to search the compound.

Imprison: The Flax

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinman View Post
    I'm all for imprisoning Flax again and continuing to search the compound.

Imprison: The Flax
    Did you find something?

You've got to be kidding me here... imprisonment hasn't done us any favours thus far, why the hell are you continuing to opt for it?

We've basically got eleven hours to deal with this phase and four people have failed to vote so far... can people start reading through and remotely considering what I've said instead of ignoring me and following a doomed strategy? S'like banging my head against a brick wall, sometimes. -_-'

ArpeggiateTHIS, I believe you will have to ask someone to replace civplayah; he mentioned a holiday in Beskar's Parasite Discussion thread (and thus was replaced by splitpersonality) and hasn't submitted orders in my own game and will likely have to replaced in that too. Beskar is a possibility, as he gave his place up to someone earlier, I think. :3

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Secura View Post
    Beskar is a possibility, as he gave his place up to someone earlier, I think. :3
    Unfortunately, I cannot be a replacement due to reasons which ArpegTHIS knows why.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Unfortunately, I cannot be a replacement due to reasons which ArpegTHIS knows why.
    You can't blame me for trying...

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You can't blame me for trying...
    I don't. I was just letting you know.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Secura, it isn't a doomed strategy.

None of us are dying, and we are gaining additional time to search the place. The only possible problem would be a conversion mechanic, but I'm pretty sure there isn't one. This is a 7 person game after all.

I think its Flax. We will see if nothing happens again tonight.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If a replacement is needed, I'll volunteer.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

So I've been thinking. We seem to expect nightkills and there are none yet. For my part, I've never played a mini mafia with night kills, though I know there has been some where that is the case. It could be that this is one of those games where mafia has no kills. Now that wouldn't fit with the imprisonment unless mafia is searching for something like us. If that is the case, imprisonment might slow them down, but it doesn't solve anything and is an incorrect choice for town.

Secura why exactly should we vote for johnhughtom? You've only stated that you're sure he's scum, but why should we trust you on this?

Anyways, I think you're right on the imprisonment is the wrong choice thing, just not sure about your suspect.

For the moment it seems to me all there is are easy imprison mini bandwagons on me. Why?

A good place to start I think is looking for someone who is staying low profile and voting to imprison. Someone like split for example.

Vote: Split

ArpeggiateTHIS, I believe you will have to ask someone to replace civplayah; he mentioned a holiday in Beskar's Parasite Discussion thread (and thus was replaced by splitpersonality) and hasn't submitted orders in my own game and will likely have to replaced in that too. Beskar is a possibility, as he gave his place up to someone earlier, I think. :3
    Yaseikhaan will replace civ.

Is there any news on split? He's been inactive for three turns now.

I voted, was this not noted?

edit:

last round I mean.
    Last edited by Splitpersonality; 07-26-2010 at 09:28.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    Thank you for the smile, I like your image a lot. Hopefully you don't feel too much like a number here.

Rest in peace TosaInu

Quote Originally Posted by spL1tp3r50naL1ty View Post
    I voted, was this not noted?

edit:

last round I mean.
    Oops, my apologies. Your name conveniently slips off my page on Excel. The vote had been noted, so no worries there.

edit:

doop.

Cool thanks Mr. This
    Last edited by Splitpersonality; 07-26-2010 at 09:45.
    Thank you for the smile, I like your image a lot. Hopefully you don't feel too much like a number here.

Rest in peace TosaInu

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlax View Post
    You've only stated that you're sure he's scum, but why should we trust you on this?
    This is mafia, there's absolutely no reason why you should trust me or indeed anyone else, particularly in such a small game; however, we need to reach an agreement or we're just going round in circles.

I have voted the same way for three day phases now, does this strike you as the actions of a player who has no idea what she's doing? I suspect johnhughthom, he's ticking box-after-box and I'm going to continue voting for him until I'm killed or he is lynched.

So why not take the plunge and follow me on this one?

For the moment it seems to me all there is are easy imprison mini bandwagons on me. Why?
    Think about it... there was no successful kill last night, and making a bandwagon against you is an easy endeavour when the town cannot come to some form of concensus about who to lynch; at this rate, you're going back into the cells again and we're back to square one.

A good place to start I think is looking for someone who is staying low profile and voting to imprison.
    Sounds like johnhughthom to me.

Vote: Johnhughthom

Rest in peace TosaInu

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not a fan of no lynching in mafia games. Vote: Johnhughthom
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Round is over. Commencing write-up.

Whilst searching the Sepulchre, you hear a muffled scream. Running to the scene, you find that Splitpersonality, after triggering a Sepulchre trap, has been constricted and tangled in chains. Despite your efforts, you cannot free him and decide to leave him until the effects of the trap have worn off. As a result, Split cannot vote or search the next day phase.

Patience amongst the Roving Elves was rapidly growing thin; the darkness and tense atmosphere within the Sepulchre had been sapping the spirits of the intruders for too long. In an instant, the elves turned on johnhughthom, drawing their knives and forcing him to back into a dark corner. Even the Stranger, who had remained calm and collected so far, drew his silver blade. Remaining silent, johnhughthom accepted his fate, allowing the merciless band to cut his throat and leave him to die within the Sepulchre. He, for one, would never see the light of day again.

Tally:
    Imprison:
    TheFlax (2)

Lynch:
    Johnhughthom (3)
    Split (1)

Johnhughthom has been lynched.

Yaseikhaan replaces Civplayah.
    Renata replaces Landlubber.

Begin Night Phase Two

- Round will end when any orders are received.
    Last edited by ArpeggiateTHIS; 07-26-2010 at 22:17.

Quote Originally Posted by ArpeggiateTHIS View Post
    Johnhughthom has been lynched.
    Is the colour of this text indicative of anything, like "red means mafia" or whatnot? :3

Is the colour of this text indicative of anything, like "red means mafia" or whatnot? :3
    Nobody remained silent in memory of johnhughthom. As a matter of fact, it could be said that he was soon forgotten about as the elven low-lives resumed their rifling of chests and counting of gold. There was no glory in johnhughthom's death, and there was certainly no glory in the way that his corpse had been abandoned to one side. After all, events had been rather bland in the Sepulchre since they entered; there had been little sign of malicious forces or guards and, aside from johnhughthom's lynch, there had been no deaths. What was there to be suspicious about?
    Last edited by ArpeggiateTHIS; 07-26-2010 at 23:16.

I can tell that this game is literally going to be the straw that broke the camel's back for me; it's driving me mental already.

I can tell that this game is literally going to be the straw that broke the camel's back for me; it's driving me mental already.

In what way? How can I avert this?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast