Thread: Interesting battlefields

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

Default Interesting battlefields

I know there is little attention anymore for ETW on this forum but I hope there are still some around.

So far I've only played MTW (the original) and ETW. Both had there flaws but I enjoy them both immensely. The only thing I miss in ETW, compared MTW are the interesting battlefields. I've been playing ETW on and off since it came out and I've yet to play a single bridge battle, No ambushes on a mountain path, no moving combat from giant dune to dune.

Is this just the way it is or are there some tricks to get more interesting battles?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Default Re: Interesting battlefields

There are a few interesting battlefields in ETW. Few or no mountains, though, just hills with mountains in the background. ETW battlefields are defined by the little things -- walls, little huts, a wagon. Oddly enough, these things can sometimes make the difference.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    There are a few interesting battlefields in ETW. Few or no mountains, though, just hills with mountains in the background. ETW battlefields are defined by the little things -- walls, little huts, a wagon. Oddly enough, these things can sometimes make the difference.
    I agree that the scenery has an impact on the battles but those alone don't make the battlefield interesting. Just compare the historical battlefields in ETW with those in the campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Most of the best terrain is in North America. India has some large domed hills and valleys but Europe is mostly flat.

NTW is a little better but the system for battle fields seems different. You may often see the same one.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain