Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: V&V OOC/Signup Thread I

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default V&V OOC/Signup Thread I

This thread is a place where V&V players can talk about things out-of-character, or that don't belong anywhere else. This is also the place where prospective players should declare that they want to join the game.

Order for Receiving New Characters.

1. Visorslash
    2. mini
    3. TheLastDays
    4. Cecil XIX
    Last edited by Cecil XIX; 04-22-2011 at 01:11.

Default Re: V&V OOC/Signup Thread I

I am almost sure I'll join, so I have one question: Is Magnus still free? And if he is, what are his traits?
    I'll post my permanent answer as soon as possible.
    Balloons are opium for the Orgah's

Blog Entries

Magnus is taken, and at this time there is no space left for playing a character at the very start. However you're welcome to create your own character to participate Diet session, and given the size of the HRE and how we're probably going to lose several generals in the civil war it probably won't be too long before the game gives us another general.

Deal! I'll join with my made-up character and I'll try to take the next general.
    Would you please PM me if another general is playable?
    Balloons are opium for the Orgah's

Blog Entries

Of course.

Sorry about my relatively low level of activity lately. I'm in the middle of exams which finish on Friday. So expect a great detail of activity from me after that.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Blog Entries

Not to worry, there hasn't been much to be active for during the past three or four days.

Come on guys, let's get some discussion in the Diet going! At least amongst the loyalists.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

well it seems to me that the Kaiser has rather thrown down the gauntlet to the rebels, and that there's not a great deal for us loyalists to add at this point..
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Time to ram through the important legislation then.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Blog Entries

Hey guys, since there's not any discussion happening the Diet proper (Hopefully you're all just plotting the course of the war behind the scenes), I thought I would introduce some Rules Changes for last-minute issue I though of.

Rules Change 1.1

The sentance in rule 7.3, which reads "However, in keeping with the TW series, players in involved in war are given a set turn order, just as the factions are, in the order of their timezone. Players must take their turn in order thirty-six hours to do so." shall be replaced with the sentence "All players involved in a civil war must submit their orders to the GM directly, rather than taking the save and carrying them out personally. Players have fourty-eight hours per turn to do this."
    The original rule was added to avoid any 'meta-gaming' where players can gain an advantage from being able to take the save either right when it's released or right before it expires. The proposed change would also have the same effect, but would allow PvP to proceed faster. Those players who think the second idea is preferable should, of course, second this Rules Change and then vote for it.

Tiberius/Fred/Mark/Isaak Member flyd's Avatar

Cecil, by arranging the turn order by time zone, did you want to make it possible to finish the turn in 24 hours? If so, I'm afraid the list is backwards.

If everyone's playing time is during the same time-of-day - the evening, for example - then the current list guarantees it'll take more than 24 hours. Once the first group, the Americans, get an evening, the next group to get an evening will be the Australians. But the Europeans are next on the list and already asleep, so the Australians will have to wait 24 hours. The list should go from high GMT offset to low.

Also, for subsequent turns, I'd recommend a random starting point for the list, so that the same players don't keep getting whatever advantages there are to playing early/late in the turn.
    Βασιλεοπατωρ Ισαακιος Κομνηνος
    Basileopator Isaakios Komnenos

(Save Elberhard)

Blog Entries

I see, that way the time it takes for one player to take the save is made up for by the fact that the next player is behind on the clock. I confess, I didn't think it through the way you've done. If there's no objections, I'll wait until Zim's time is up, then switch it around as flyd has suggested.
    Last edited by Cecil XIX; 08-29-2010 at 23:26.

I'm having trouble with the save - don't know why. LTC works fine, but when I load the save it returns me to the main menu. So I'll let phonicsmonkey go ahead of me while I reinstall LTC Gold.
    Last edited by Ignoramus; 08-31-2010 at 00:33.

I've just noticed that my LTC version number is 1.04. Is that correct?

Edit: I've reinstalled LTC and I'm certain I've got LTC Gold. I have Kingdoms installed, and the game works fine, but it won't allow me to load either Password's or Zim's save.

Last edited by Ignoramus; 08-31-2010 at 00:53.

I think you need to patch Kingdoms to 1.5 before it will work. My LTC Gold is version 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    I think you need to patch Kingdoms to 1.5 before it will work. My LTC Gold is version 1.5
    Ah, many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ignoramus View Post
    Ah, many thanks!
    hope it works! by the way I won't be able to play the save for another six hours or so, so if you get it working before then go ahead and play. just post here to say you're taking it.

It works, thanks.

I edited the descr_sm_factions, but there still is no family tree.

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Maybe this has been said somewhere and I've missed it, but I'm not completely on the clear on who's on which side. From what I understand, the spawned generals are the papists, but I don't know which ones those would be.

Edit: also, two questions: 1) as we have specific turns to take the save, I feel I have to ask this question: is it okay to ask someone else later in the line to move your character for you?

2) Has the war actually started, or do we have to make declarations first? Normally I understand we have to declare, but since this war was decided on already, I'm not sure.
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 08-31-2010 at 11:50.

The current situation is.

Salians:

Kaiser Heinrich
    Prince Henry
    Leopold
    Otto von Kassel

Anti-Imperialists:

Magnus von Saxony
    Andreas Hümmel
    Theodericus der Bartige
    Ortwinus Raspe
    Vaclav Premyslid

Neutral:

Lothar Zirn

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Viking View Post
    also, two questions: 1) as we have specific turns to take the save, I feel I have to ask this question: is it okay to ask someone else later in the line to move your character for you?

2) Has the war actually started, or do we have to make declarations first? Normally I understand we have to declare, but since this war was decided on already, I'm not sure.
    1) I won't allow this, as there is too much potential for abuse. However, you're worried about some RL problem affecting you in the game, PM me and I'll do what I can to make accomodations.
    2) Since this is an event, both sides start out at war with each other. Specific declarations are not necessary.

Thanks to both of ye. I had been under the impression that Hummel was a loyalist, so this changes my strategic thoughts a little bit.
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 08-31-2010 at 19:23.

Quote Originally Posted by barcamartin
    Some questions. 1) I don't have the correct names. My character, for example, is called Phillipp von Kastilien, while some others lack names totally or have the wrong ones also. Is it supposed to be like that?
    No, there's a file that you should download to fix that. You can get it here. You should install it to your landstoconquer/data folder.

Sweljuk Sultan Sweladin Member barcamartin's Avatar

Ok, thanks mate! Done, and done. :)
    The Great Seljuks, Winner of the "Broken Crescent: Commanders of the Faithful" hotseat

Is it just me, or has Vaclav lost his name again? I've tried reinstalling the fix, but it's still gone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Viking View Post
    Is it just me, or has Vaclav lost his name again? I've tried reinstalling the fix, but it's still gone.
    Hmm, now that you mention it I've got the same problem. It's not affecting Magnus either, even though his name was also added from another faction. Is everyone experiencing this?

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

Gonna check right now
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

Done my checking and everything's fine until save n°6 (the one I posted).

The problem seems to derive from barcamartin's save as Save n°8 misses the names already and barcamartin reported he didn't see the names or got the wrong ones, apparently missing the modified namefile in his install... So to clear things up, the solution would be to re-do the moves from barcamartin's save onwards (7 through 10) and make sure in the future that any saved game has been played with the correct install.

As it is the first turn and I think the people who played after Barca weren't involved in any major moves, it shouldn't pose too big a problem...
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Blog Entries

Hmm, that still doesn't explain why there's no problem with Magnus, though. I'll redo the moves myself and see if that works.
    Last edited by Cecil XIX; 09-04-2010 at 15:21.

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast