Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: V&V OOC/Signup Thread I

Sweljuk Sultan Sweladin Member barcamartin's Avatar

Default Re: V&V OOC/Signup Thread I

Sooo, what do I need to do? ;O
    The Great Seljuks, Winner of the "Broken Crescent: Commanders of the Faithful" hotseat

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by barcamartin View Post
    Sooo, what do I need to do? ;O
    Coordinating with your allies is always a good use of time. Right now should take a look at the map and try to predict where the best place is to send your army for a favorable outcome in battle. And of course, watch your desmense so you can tell what you need to do in order to keep it in good economic shape. Is that helpful?

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil XIX
    If there are any questions, or suggestions on how to improve this report, please feel free to discuss it with me.
    Using the right picture for the financial summary might be an idea.

Blog Entries

All right, I can't download the save for some reason. While I figure out how to handle that, Zim and Elite Ferret need to decide if they want to fight this online or not. If not, we'll have a poll as to whether it will be a "long" or "short" battle.

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

Does this work better?

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...id=201&id=5273

I'd prefer to avoid the online mp battle given the major time zone difference and lag issues I always have trying to play TW MP battles. EF?
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil XIX View Post
    Coordinating with your allies is always a good use of time. Right now should take a look at the map and try to predict where the best place is to send your army for a favorable outcome in battle. And of course, watch your desmense so you can tell what you need to do in order to keep it in good economic shape. Is that helpful?
    Haha, it is indeed, but I have been doing that. ;)

I meant more on the sibject of my save not working, and me needing to change some files? Or is that taken care of? Also, my treasury. Is my starting army supposed to cost more than my starting treasury? :)
    The Great Seljuks, Winner of the "Broken Crescent: Commanders of the Faithful" hotseat

Blog Entries

Haha, it is indeed, but I have been doing that. ;)

I meant more on the sibject of my save not working, and me needing to change some files? Or is that taken care of? Also, my treasury. Is my starting army supposed to cost more than my starting treasury? :)
    Well in regards to the first issue, if you've already downloaded the proper names file than things should be fine. As for the second, it is indeed. I've already given the HRE three times as much starting money as normal, and I didn't want to give any more. If it looks like it's going to be too much of a problem after the war is over, we'll deal with it then. The simple fact is the Reich really can't support ten generals this early in the game, although the Civil War should fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    I'd prefer to avoid the online mp battle given the major time zone difference and lag issues I always have trying to play TW MP battles. EF?
    *Sees mercs* *runz*

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Ferret View Post
    *Sees mercs* *runz*

mwuhahaha

Heil das Kaiser!
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

Can I count this as a victory?
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    mwuhahaha

Heil das Kaiser!
    I really hope for GeneralHankerchief the Kaiser is not a "das"...
    Balloons are opium for the Orgah's

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Lent View Post
    I really hope for GeneralHankerchief the Kaiser is not a "das"...
    At least he's not a "die". ;D

At least he's not a "die". ;D
    Der? (duh)

Mein Deutsche = scheizer

By the way any of my loyalist chums can take my turn for me - I have no ability to play the game right now

Saruman the Wise Member deguerra's Avatar
    Melbourne, Australia (but born and bred in Germany)

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    Der? (duh)

Mein Deutsche = scheizer
    Yes, "der Kaiser". Sadly, when the Kaiser becomes an indirect object (ie Hail to the Kaiser) the "der" then becomes a "dem", thus: "Heil dem Kaiser".

This is still better than if the same thing happens to a feminine word (ie the Empress) being and indirect object, where "die Kaiserin" then changes to "der Kaiserin" to make the confusion perfect.

Isn't German fun?

Gosh I'm glad German is my first language because I sure as hell wouldn't have picked it up otherwise. Much respect to those who do.

Now get on with the fighting already

-deguerra
    Saruman the White
    Chief of the White Council, Lord of Isengard, Protector of Dunland

Haha, I read German for five years in school. Had to choose between German, French or Spanish. Man, all these "great" grammatic rules with thousands of exceptions! Gaaarh, so glad I don't have that subject anymore (even though I was pretty good at it, and got the topgrade in it every year).

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

Studied it for seven years and forgot all about it the day after I graduated... Never spoke a word of it since...
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sorry for the delay, I'll get to the save later tonight. Busy weekend...
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Can we get some stories happening? I was going to post one on Andreas a while back, but I never did. I'll try and knock something up soon. Also, I think the saves cycle is taking a bit too long- it should be sped up a little.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ignoramus View Post
    Can we get some stories happening? I was going to post one on Andreas a while back, but I never did. I'll try and knock something up soon. Also, I think the saves cycle is taking a bit too long- it should be sped up a little.
    Yes, I agree on both points. At the next Diet session I'll re-propose my Rules Change from last session, I think it would be preferable if orders were submitted and implemented simultaneously rather than one at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignoramus View Post
    Can we get some stories happening?
    I love writing stories. In fact I have often wondered whether I write stories because I play these games, or whether I play the games as an excuse to write stories....RL is kicking my ass at the moment but I'll get up to speed on some story writing soon.

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

Where can I find the game rules ? I need to check some options but I can't find them in the threads anymore...
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

In the first post of the Imperial Diet & Rules thread.

Just a quick question, Cecil. When will the Great Saxon Rebellion event be over? When one side is completely defeated? When one side surrenders? When one side has no more settlements? Thanks.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Blog Entries

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    *7.2 An internecine conflict will end when all participants are dead or agree to peace.

Andreas Hummel and Vaclav Premyslid have sided with the Kaiser, so they have essentially agreed to peace. Ortwinus Raspe is captured, so if he does not agree to peace Prince Henry can simply execute him. That leaves Magnus von Saxony and Theodericus der Bartige.

The Search for Beefy Member TheFlax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil XIX View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    *7.2 An internecine conflict will end when all participants are dead or agree to peace.

Andreas Hummel and Vaclav Premyslid have sided with the Kaiser, so they have essentially agreed to peace. Ortwinus Raspe is captured, so if he does not agree to peace Prince Henry can simply execute him. That leaves Magnus von Saxony and Theodericus der Bartige.
    Theodericus der Bartige has surrendered to the Kaiser, if I am not mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    TheFlax needs to die on principle. No townie should even be that scummy.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bartige has formally surrendered to me. I need to fire out a bunch of PMs and take the save, probably within a couple of hours.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

That's correct, though I probably should've posted something about it here. I blame reality for getting in the way.

Blog Entries

Ah, wasn't sure if it was public or not.

Blog Entries

Hey guys, my laptop got stolen last night so my activity will be limited at best. I'll probably still be able to RP but most likely will not be able to take my turns. Therefore, I'm requesting that a fellow loyalist take the save for me, at least this time.

If I find that I can't continue playing, I'll drop out, but I only want to do that as a last resort.

That's terrible! I hope it's insured.
    Balloons are opium for the Orgah's

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast