Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: V&V OOC/Signup Thread I

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Default Re: V&V OOC/Signup Thread I

Got it, so I can accept him if I want but I have to pay his upkeep. Presumably if another human joins the game this guy would be a potential avatar?

I'll take him please.
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Indeed, that is all correct.

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

Off on vacation for the next five days, then i'm back for good.
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

I'm back!

Welcome back Zim!

Thanks.

I'm available for either of the new adoptions if noone ahead of me takes them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    Thanks.

I'm available for either of the new adoptions if noone ahead of me takes them.
    Welcome back, Zim. Speaking of which, you can have your choice of Helmut or Jens.

They're both still available? I'll go with Helmut then.

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

I'm sorry for going AWOL for a while - school and all that. I'll come back on sunday again.

Blog Entries

The next turn will begin tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    Hey, did Becker pay the upkeep for his bodyguard? I shouldn't be paying that anymore should I?
    The change is not automatic, it requires to tell me in public or private. And keep in mind Herr Becker does not have his own source of income.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil XIX View Post
    The change is not automatic, it requires to tell me in public or private. And keep in mind Herr Becker does not have his own source of income.
    Ok - so do I keep paying it until he gets a province? Or can I elect to have him pay it and go into debt, even without an income?

Blog Entries

Ok - so do I keep paying it until he gets a province? Or can I elect to have him pay it and go into debt, even without an income?
    You can force him to go into debt.

I'd like to do that please - rather him than me! Can we make it retroactive to the beginning of this turn? I just assumed that he would automatically start paying his own upkeep as soon as he became human-controlled...

Blog Entries

I'd like to do that please - rather him than me! Can we make it retroactive to the beginning of this turn? I just assumed that he would automatically start paying his own upkeep as soon as he became human-controlled...
    Since this is the first time this issue has come up, I'll allow it. But from now on, those who do not make the change will live with the consequences.

Guys, I must say I'm struggling to maintain interest in the game. It's a great concept, and the first few weeks were really great. But now we've gone down to 2 effective players and there's no intrigue. What do you say to starting over and starting off with a fully fledged Diet session, with offices for election etc?

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

It looks as though we are three, plus Cecil, now that Zim has rejoined.

I don't mind starting again now I've had a practice run at this kind of game. Also happy to continue if others pipe up and say they want to..
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 11-29-2010 at 09:33.

I'm still here. Just didn't need to take the last save with Cecil moving Helmet right where I would have.

I'm game for anything, although I'd hate to see the first Duchy of Flanders in all of these games be retconned by a restart.

Actually, we're technically 4 as I re-emerged from inactivity yesterday, as I promised to do. However, my re-emergence was kind of under the radar, as it was through PM.

Just seeing the debt I've fallen into during my absence, I feel inclined to support a restart.

Blog Entries

This is an important question, and the fact that so many have commented so quickly suggests that a restart could do some good. Give me some time to think about how to do this. I'll present a plan, then we can put it to a vote. I like the idea of having an elected office, but as the traditional chancellor no longer makes I'll have to think about what offices we could have. Feel free to offer suggestions, I'll give anything due consideration.

If we are going to start again, is there any interest in doing a late era game instead?

Blog Entries

I'd very much prefer not to do a complete restart. I think we can get by without something so extreme. I'm still thinking about changing the scenario, although I haven't come to a decision yet. I have got some ideas for new offices though, stolen rather shamelessly from Crusader Kings. Tell me what you think, particularly if these are roles you think would be fun to assume.

Marshal:
    Term: Self-nominated and elected every normal Diet Session.
    Powers:
    (1) Sole control over the Reich's mercenaries.
    (2) Can recruit and disband mercenary regiments in any army, can move mercenary regiments to and from armies or assign to/remove from an Elector
    (3) Recruitment and upkeep are paid for by a pool of funds which is sustained by an income tax on all electors automatically paid each turn.
    Penalties:
    (1) If the pool runs out, mercenaries are paid for out of the Marshal's treasury.
    (2) The Kaiser sets the 'Mercenary Tax' rate for the pool.

Chancellor:
    Term: Appointed by the Kaiser each Diet Session.
    Powers: Can move Diplomats and conduct diplomacy, just as the Kaiser can.

Spymaster:
    Term: Self-nominated and elected every normal Diet Session.
    Powers: Sole control over all spies and assassins, can recruit them in any settlement with the owner's permission.
    Penalties: Pays for all spies and assassins out of pocket.

Steward:
    Term: Appointed by the Kaiser, serves at his pleasure.
    Powers:
    (1) His settlement limit, minus his settlements, is added to the Kaiser's.
    (2) Sets tax rates for the Kaiser's settements when in the Kaiser's territory.

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Can I suggest something?
    I had an idea for a EB Romani campaign where players would create a character for themselves. In-game characters would be just pawns in the hands of the players. This means that if player is appointed to lead an army that is on the other side of the empire he doesn't have to travel several turns before he can actually control it.
    However, this (player made up characters being above the in-game characters) can't be used with most factions in M2TW.

Why not elect the next Kaiser?

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Khaldun
    Can I suggest something?
    I had an idea for a EB Romani campaign where players would create a character for themselves. In-game characters would be just pawns in the hands of the players. This means that if player is appointed to lead an army that is on the other side of the empire he doesn't have to travel several turns before he can actually control it.
    However, this (player made up characters being above the in-game characters) can't be used with most factions in M2TW.
    Maybe I'm just dumber than most, but could you explain this idea a little further? (Btw, when/if you start this game, you can count me in. )

Blog Entries

All right, I've made a decision. We will have a reset, in the form of the time-skip. I'm going to be playing ahead for about ten turns or so, and when we resume the Reich will be a very different situation, including some rules changes.

That doesn't mean you all will have nothing to do though! Each turn there will be a written update on events to keep you appraised, and along the way each of you will receive one or more PMs giving you a choice to make that will influence the state of the Reich upon the resumption of normal play. The end result will be a more functional Reich, as well as some storytelling hooks to make things especially interesting.

I'm extremely grateful that so many chimed in on the 29th to say that you were still interested in playing. I can promise you that when normal play resumes you'll quite a bit of intrigue as you all struggle on how to begin to recover what will be lost.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Khaldun View Post
    Can I suggest something?
    It sounds like you have your own vision for a game. Like The Celtic Viking I'd be happy to join it, but based just on what I've heard I think both of our visions would be best served in their own games. I'd be happy to discuss it in another thread though, as I'm always interested in new ideas.
    Last edited by Cecil XIX; 12-03-2010 at 21:58.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Viking View Post
    Maybe I'm just dumber than most, but could you explain this idea a little further? (Btw, when/if you start this game, you can count me in. )
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil XIX View Post
    It sounds like you have your own vision for a game. Like The Celtic Viking I'd be happy to join it, but based just on what I've heard I think both of our visions would be best served in their own games. I'd be happy to discuss it in another thread though, as I'm always interested in new ideas.
    The idea I had was something like this:
    Players will play as the senators in the Roman Senate. They make decisions and elect people to offices just like in previous games but this time they don't play as in-game characters(generals, agents). Players are free to create their own character.
    Generals and agents can be controlled by any player with the proper authority. For example Consul can move every army whether they are general led or not.
    This does not take away the chance for a player to lead army like in previous games. They just need the Senate to elect them to lead it. Also, this means that players can take control over armies that are otherwise too far.
    For example: Senate elects Player A to control 3rd Legion that is in Egypt. In previous games you needed ships to carry your avatar to Egypt but in this time you can take control over that Legion right after the Senate session ends.
    Anyway, I hope this explains a little bit better what I had in mind.
    And I'm not starting anything in the next few months.

Blog Entries

So, is this game dead or not?

It's live and we're working through event 2, mostly by PM to and from Cecil at the moment..

Blog Entries

Indeed, it's as phonics monkey said. Unfortunately next week is finals week, so I'm not working through things as fast as I would under normal circumstances. I am still working though, and things will start going much quicker starting on Thursday.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast