Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: EB for Macintosh - questions & support thread

Default Re: Mac Version - Mac version created & hosting organised, who do I ask for permissio

Thanks, Edwin! Thanks especially for creating the Mod... it's the only reason I even bought RTW again (formerly had it for PC).

I reloaded everything, and upgraded to 1.1.1, but am still having the same curious problem and wonder if you think it could be a bug...

During battles in which my defending armies are besieged (either in a city or fort) and sally, the battle sometimes won't complete even if all enemies are killed/driven off. The battle screen remains empty, and no dialog window ever pops up to "Continue" or "End" the battle... the only way out is to quit with a draw and troop losses, and the city/fort remains besieged.

Cheers,

Ben

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: EB for Macintosh - questions & support thread

Could it be that a single enemy soldier is stuck behind a tree, so he cannot leave the battlefield?

This is why I enable the timer, even though I find it unrealistic.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Default Re: EB for Macintosh - questions & support thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    Could it be that a single enemy soldier is stuck behind a tree, so he cannot leave the battlefield?

This is why I enable the timer, even though I find it unrealistic.
    This is a good workaround and the stuck soldier is a distinct possibility of why you are having the issue.

Edwin

Unfortunately, no... I've had battles on fields completely devoid of trees and it still happens. It will also, occasionally, affect the battle that immediately follows at the same location.

Is there a command I can enter in RomeShell to force victory in such instances? I've looked around online, but can only find codes to use before a battle begins.

Thanks again,
    Ben

I followed the instructions in the video - which was super helpful for a borderline technophobe like me, but the game won't load.

it's telling me that there is an invalid installation and the file "data:fmv:rome_title.mov" is missing and that I need to re-install the game. I tried that, and it repeated the problem.
    "Forward, the Light Brigade!"
    Was there a man dismay'd?
    Not tho' the soldier knew
    Someone had blunder'd:
    Their's not to make reply,
    Their's not to reason why,
    Their's but to do and die:
    Into the valley of Death
    Rode the six hundred.

Might get past that by disabling movies (-nm).
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    I followed the instructions in the video - which was super helpful for a borderline technophobe like me, but the game won't load.

it's telling me that there is an invalid installation and the file "data:fmv:rome_title.mov" is missing and that I need to re-install the game. I tried that, and it repeated the problem.
    It sounds like your application is not in the same location as your data image but I could be wrong.

Edwin

Edwin - that's exactly what my problem was. Thanks for the help, and thanks again for making my favorite game/mod compatible with my mac.
    "Forward, the Light Brigade!"
    Was there a man dismay'd?
    Not tho' the soldier knew
    Someone had blunder'd:
    Their's not to make reply,
    Their's not to reason why,
    Their's but to do and die:
    Into the valley of Death
    Rode the six hundred.

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    Edwin - that's exactly what my problem was. Thanks for the help, and thanks again for making my favorite game/mod compatible with my mac.
    No worries glad I could help :)

Edwin,

Already knew this was happening, (its tyler from fb hehe), but quick question. Every file is identical apart from the .mov files and corresponding paths correct? and if so, that should mean any issue i have with slight tweaks leading to CTDs are because of my own error in making the tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by AspisPhalanx90 View Post
    Edwin,

Already knew this was happening, (its tyler from fb hehe), but quick question. Every file is identical apart from the .mov files and corresponding paths correct? and if so, that should mean any issue i have with slight tweaks leading to CTDs are because of my own error in making the tweaks.
    Correct while I am tweaking I create a copy of the entire mod dmg so I have my tweaked version and the vanilla version means I can work out if a crash was my tweak or not. This method is pretty handy although it does use up a fair bit of HD space. I am kind of busy on Xmas titles for Feral right now but I plan on giving the mods an update once the Xmas rush is over.

Edwin

Ok, awesome. Im in the process of trying to tweak MarcusCamillius's Roman leadership mod for eb to include Greek Leadership as well...unfortunately, my last attempt ended in a perpetual loading splash screen...im not exactly sure what went wrong there, any thoughts?

Dear Edwin,

Sorry to be reposting, but I'm very intrigued about something that you said earlier regarding the BI executable--that it can be used with EB on a Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin@Feral View Post
    Alexander is not available on the Mac
    I have not tested using the BI executable but it should work fine as BI & Rome code wise are extremely similar.
    How do I play EB on the BI executable, though? I've heard a number of people say different things, but I'm not sure I understand how to do it on my MacBook. In any case, thank you so much for porting EB onto the Mac--I got a Mac for college, and I thought that I'd have to leave Europa Barbarorum behind until I found your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcibiades14 View Post
    Dear Edwin,

How do I play EB on the BI executable, though? I've heard a number of people say different things, but I'm not sure I understand how to do it on my MacBook. In any case, thank you so much for porting EB onto the Mac--I got a Mac for college, and I thought that I'd have to leave Europa Barbarorum behind until I found your work.
    Ive tried, the only thing that doesnt work is the campaign, but you can still load saved games. You also would need to add BI features into the edu files if u wanted them. again, under advanced option add " -mod:eb "when running BI, (without the quotes) and you should be good to go...idk how to make custom battles and new campaigns work, but im positive the BI features can be used on an existing campaign

You also would need to add BI features into the edu files if u wanted them.
    Ok, thanks. Do you happen to know into which files I would have to paste, and what I would be inserting?
    Last edited by Jackaloboulos; 10-21-2010 at 21:23.

Ok, cool. Do you happen to know into which files I would have to paste, and what I would be inserting?
    well, if you want hoplites to have shield wall for example, you need to open export_descr_units and add next to the units formation line (should be next to square) shield_wall. so it should read .......square, shield_wall

and now the unit has shield wall capability. havent tried it with shiltrom or anything, or many for other units, but it def works for hoplites...i just wouldnt recommend giving every unit shield wall

well, if you want hoplites to have shield wall for example, you need to open export_descr_units and add next to the units formation line (should be next to square) shield_wall. so it should read .......square, shield_wall

and now the unit has shield wall capability. havent tried it with shiltrom or anything, or many for other units, but it def works for hoplites...i just wouldnt recommend giving every unit shield wall
    But all units that have shields?

But all units that have shields?
    well, i give hoplites shield wall to better show their historical formation...tight, lots of pushing, shoulder to shoulder. its also not as easy to break through like the standard formation for hoplites are, so i gave all hoplites shield wall ability. giving it to too many units would become ahistorical, and also it might make it a little too easy

Thanks a bunch! One more thing, though...when using the BI or the RTW .exe, I get a CTD whenever I try to open the recruitment, mercenary recruitment, or unit retraining scrolls in Taras (the city or the region). Any idea which file would have to be messed up to cause this?
    Last edited by Jackaloboulos; 10-22-2010 at 19:08.

Hi there, I bought rome:total war for mac and have installed the EB mod, however upon first playing rome: total war I set it as a default to not give me the start-up options menu. Therefore i tried opening it on Barbarian invasion but the campaign wont start, everytime i click on EB campaign it says 'please choose an item from the list'. I AM A NOOB PLEASE HELP ME!

James

Quote Originally Posted by leeburgh View Post
    Hi there, I bought rome:total war for mac and have installed the EB mod, however upon first playing rome: total war I set it as a default to not give me the start-up options menu. Therefore i tried opening it on Barbarian invasion but the campaign wont start, everytime i click on EB campaign it says 'please choose an item from the list'. I AM A NOOB PLEASE HELP ME!

James
    You have to use Rome (I don't know if BI works and if it does side effects are likely). You can hold down cmd when Rome is bouncing in the dock and it will force the panel to reappear. You can then use Rome as intended.

Edwin

Good day to everyone, I'm a new enter here and first of all I want to say you that I'm sorry for my bad English.

Probably what I'm going to ask you was already asked from someone else but I can't find it on the forums so I ask here.

I have Rome (I live in Rome yeah! :D ) Total War and I've also a mac, I downloaded European Barbarorum and follow the instructions taked from here: https://www.europabarbarorum.com/downloads_mod.html but unfortunately when I launch the script it shows me this error:

but the game is in the Application folder, as you can see:

What could be the problem according to you ?

Thanks for the attention
    Have a good day

Quote Originally Posted by Efilzeo View Post
    but the game is in the Application folder, as you can see:

What could be the problem according to you ?

Thanks for the attention
    Have a good day
    Your Rome game folder does not have any icons on it, if you bought the game using genuine DVD this folder will have a custom folder image. I think you might be using a pirated version of the game. As you also have SerialBox (a serial code piracy tool) installed I think we can safely say that your problem is because you don't own a genuine version of the game.

So the solution is to buy a copy from an Apple store or the Feral website.

Edwin

Default Re: Mac Version - Mac version created & hosting organised, who do I ask for permissio

Edwin, thanks for the beautiful work bringing EB to Mac, I'm really looking forward to getting back into it. I have one problem though. Although I am able to run the mod fine, in either Rome or Barbarian Invasion, I can't play the main campaign. When I click on it it just tells me to chose an item from the list (no list displayed). So I am limited to playing someone else's saved game that came with the install for some reason, a Sarmatian game I'm not really into. Also there are no historical battles to play, though that is less of an interest to me. Custom battles are OK I think.

Anyone have an idea about what I need to do to access that main campaign?

Thanks for the help!

James

Can you please email support with screenshots of the menu with no options, your pre game options panel set to the advanced tab and a support report generated in the support tab? You can take screenshots with Cmd + Shift + 3 or using Cmd + Shift + P when in game. Please mention to support the email is for me and I will have a quick look. We are massively busy working on downloadable versions of our games so I don't have to much free time.

However I should be able to work out what is going wrong.

Edwin

Edwin,
    I have been trying to play EB on my iMac for some time now but it does not work, no matter what i do it CTD. I have uninstalled RTW over and over again. Nothing RTR works just fine. I need help!!!!!

Hi Edwin,
    I have just downloaded the app from the App Store..and therefore am certainly running a legit copy of the game, however, I seem to be getting the same error as the gentleman above. To wit, the terminal script seems to not be able to find the game depite its being in the applications folder as that is where the App store put it...as a result, I am unable to install mods and unable to run EB. please help. Thanks.

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000029a5b3d1
    Crashed Thread: 0

Thread 0 Crashed:
    0 libSystem.B.dylib 0xffff07c2 __memcpy + 34 (cpu_capabilities.h:246)
    1 com.feralinteractive.rome_bi 0x00d1c8cb 0x1000 + 13744331
    2 ....audio.toolbox.AudioToolbox 0x92815487 Seekable_DataSource::ReadBytes(unsigned short, long long, unsigned long, void*, unsigned long*) + 295
    3 ....audio.toolbox.AudioToolbox 0x9281d5b0 ID3TagParser::Init() + 112
    4 ....audio.toolbox.AudioToolbox 0x928789dc MPEGAudioFile::ParseID3Tags() + 252
    5 ....audio.toolbox.AudioToolbox 0x9287afb3 MPEGAudioFile::ParseAudioFile() + 19
    6 ....audio.toolbox.AudioToolbox 0x92885693 AudioFileOpenWithCallbacks + 243
    7 com.feralinteractive.rome_bi 0x00d1bebe 0x1000 + 13741758
    8 com.feralinteractive.rome_bi 0x00d1cdb9 0x1000 + 13745593
    9 com.feralinteractive.rome_bi 0x00d2fc42 0x1000 + 13823042
    10 com.feralinteractive.rome_bi 0x009c5550 0x1000 + 10241360
    11 com.feralinteractive.rome_bi 0x009d05ca 0x1000 + 10286538
    12 com.feralinteractive.rome_bi 0x009d0e21 0x1000 + 10288673
    13 com.feralinteractive.rome_bi 0x0094f833 0x1000 + 9758771
    14 com.feralinteractive.rome_bi 0x009cf8e2 0x1000 + 10283234
    15 com.feralinteractive.rome_bi 0x009d11ab 0x1000 + 10289579
    16 com.feralinteractive.rome_bi 0x009d1825 0x1000 + 10291237
    17 com.feralinteractive.rome_bi 0x009d236c 0x1000 + 10294124
    18 com.feralinteractive.rome_bi 0x008f386d 0x1000 + 9381997
    19 com.feralinteractive.rome_bi 0x008f687f 0x1000 + 9394303
    20 com.feralinteractive.rome_bi 0x008f78d0 0x1000 + 9398480
    21 com.feralinteractive.rome_bi 0x00da1b89 0x1000 + 14289801
    22 com.feralinteractive.rome_bi 0x00da264b 0x1000 + 14292555
    23 com.feralinteractive.rome_bi 0x00ce4e3c 0x1000 + 13516348
    24 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x949418f5 CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 4469
    25 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x94941aa8 CFRunLoopRunInMode + 88
    26 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x945172ac RunCurrentEventLoopInMode + 283
    27 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x94516ffe ReceiveNextEventCommon + 175
    28 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x94575b56 _AcquireNextEvent + 58
    29 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x945742b3 RunApplicationEventLoop + 207
    30 com.feralinteractive.rome_bi 0x00ce4e2a 0x1000 + 13516330
    31 com.feralinteractive.rome_bi 0x00d9fc87 0x1000 + 14281863
    32 com.feralinteractive.rome_bi 0x00151c05 0x1000 + 1379333
    33 com.feralinteractive.rome_bi 0x0015199f 0x1000 + 1378719
    34 com.feralinteractive.rome_bi 0x001518cd 0x1000 + 1378509

This is what I got after EB crashed, after a minute or so of the title screen loading. What went wrong, and how can I fix it without worsening the problem? Thank you in advance, this is rather frustrating.

I bought Rome Total War: Gold for Mac, and downloaded the RomeModSetup, as well as RTR and EB. I followed the instructions but I get the "please select item from list". I saw earlier someone mentioned not having properly updated. Also I don't have a separate item for Rome and Barbarian Invasion, they are combined and was wondering if maybe my problem is I am using Gold. Is there anyway to fix this for the Gold version? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whitejamest View Post
    Edwin, thanks for the beautiful work bringing EB to Mac, I'm really looking forward to getting back into it. I have one problem though. Although I am able to run the mod fine, in either Rome or Barbarian Invasion, I can't play the main campaign. When I click on it it just tells me to chose an item from the list (no list displayed). So I am limited to playing someone else's saved game that came with the install for some reason, a Sarmatian game I'm not really into. Also there are no historical battles to play, though that is less of an interest to me. Custom battles are OK I think.

Anyone have an idea about what I need to do to access that main campaign?

Thanks for the help!

James
    James, I had exactly the same problem but I've found a workaround. The forum won't let me post a link until I've got at least one post though so read my next one.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast