Thread: Lack of maps

Default Lack of maps

NTW has a distinct lack of multiplayer maps and i dont see any hosted in the foyer that i cant join so i take it theres no map editor or map packs.

This is quite sad tbh, i only really enjoy like 2 of the maps :(

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Blog Entries

Default Re: Lack of maps

Indeed, some maps are almost impossible to play, since there are stones/walls/hills or whatever, where your units move around.
    You have to play those maps many times to kinda "learn" them, otherwise you will be doomed.

Apart that, yes, lack of maps.

Game is pretty new, so i guess, that new maps will come. I did read, that it is very hard to mod with NTW?!? might be also the same with making new maps?!?!

I think the diversity within the maps themselves is great. It really gives you the chance to fight smart, instead of bulldozing your way through your opponents forces on flat ground. I do agree though that more maps would be great. That way you don't get players that master one or two maps with the same maneouvers and become 'one trick ponies.' I like the simulated realism of two players confronting eachother on unfamiliar maps, as it was in real life.

NTW has the worst maps of any TW game imo, its greatly missing either community created maps or CA created map packs.
    One enemy is too many a hundred friends too few.

AggonySpoon, MizuSpoon, EuroSpoon, Linkspoon Li

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Davis International View Post
    I think the diversity within the maps themselves is great. It really gives you the chance to fight smart, instead of bulldozing your way through your opponents forces on flat ground. I do agree though that more maps would be great. That way you don't get players that master one or two maps with the same maneouvers and become 'one trick ponies.' I like the simulated realism of two players confronting eachother on unfamiliar maps, as it was in real life.
    No offense, but did you play most maps online?
    I tried some of those "bad" maps and the behavior of your units is terrible. Sometimes there seems to be hidden walls, since your units move a real big route around somewhere, not like you did order that unit.

One real big step would be, to not bring maps with no-go-areas, at least you could move everywhere.
    Another really disappointing thing are units who shoot in the ground to hit something up from a hill, this also seems to get caused by the no-go-areas.

Koc

Yes I have played the maps online, I guess I'm just lucky. Then again, I dont advance through obstacle filled terrain in a wide line of battle. There was a reason why armies advanced in columns in history. I did say though that I would like to see new maps, but not because I'm not satisfied, but because there simply aren't enough. It's tiring trying to defeat an opponent who brings like 6 units of howitzers protected by stakes with his units camped up on a large hill (an almost impossible defensive position to break with an even force) on the same map he plays all night to bolster his online stats. Now i'm just venting haha. Compared to MTW2 the units in NTW behave like a dream. RTW has the best troop manouvreability in my opinion.

l had over 800 maps in vikeing..the new format sucks for maps

CanCrit move over to the shogun2 forum..... join my idea about a mp map selector from teh campaignmap..... thread
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

This is a disgrace the maps for ntw were just tacked on without thought for sure. Almost every map has terrible problems with movement, ca should make maps from the campaign available for multiplay. My god there isent a single map in the whole game with rolling hills and woods with no buggy buildings in it ! What were they thinking for multiplayer? i cant play it anymore the maps are all crap and i think the game is actually decent for once. Ill stick to the multiplayer campaign at least theres diversity of maps there.

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Well, I am now on board with the map problem. I was playing last night and the pathfinding was terrible. This hasn't happened to me before lastnight. My units we're running all over the place, criss crossing eachother in a confused state of panic lol. I was yelling at my men the whole match I felt like Napolean himself yelling at Ney after his ill conceived cavalry charge at Waterloo. I have fun on grassy flatlands a lot now. At least the camping isnt as intolerable, honestly, who hosts a match as an attacker and stands there for 10 minutes waiting for you to attack them, is everyone on NTW MP a coward or what??? Grow some onions boys!!