Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameroom statistics [revisited]

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Gameroom statistics (revisited)

Were they large games? I don't follow others.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Soon, soon I will join the ranks of those with the highest percentage of being townie. Muahahahaha!
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

I spy the evil peoples Senior Member Romanic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Are the games numbered sequentially? Is it possible to do streak stats? like 4 wins as Mafia in a row?
    The games can be sorted by date, so yes it is possible to do streaks. Good idea, I will add this eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Town won the Mafia Mongolica, therefore if pevergreen was town, he won the game. There were no special townie roles in that one.

Yes, I have no life and have been reading about the games pevergreen was in.

(I just boosted your official win percentage, pever the green!)
    Good! A mistake was found Thanks Pizza.

I had 8 townies as losers in Mafia Mongolica, my mistake. Each of these players now have 1 more win and 1 less defeat: pevergreen, Reenk Roink, Sigurd, Split, TinCow, White_Eyes:D, Yaropolk and YLC (sorry guys )

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy187 View Post
    Never knew a lot of the stats about my self.
    Winning percentage can improve, but I'm very delighted to see my self in top 5 of numbers of games played.
    Now if the quality of playing can improve...

Thank you so much Romanic! If you could update this every now and then, that will be really awesome!
    I followed your idea and expanded it, you deserve some of the credit

I'll try to update it whenever a game is completed. Entering a game take between 1-5 mins depending of its size, so I shouldn't have problem keeping up.
    Last edited by Romanic; 09-03-2010 at 22:10. Reason: spelling

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

It surprises me that, even after every single game that's ever graced the Org is added to the statistics, I still manage to make at one of the 'best of' lists... no mean feat considering I've only been here since late January. I should stick around, see if I can't get my name in any more of them... :P

I find it funny that the list I do make is for the very thing I moan about so much; my apparant lack of survivability in mafia games, at least the large ones anyway. I take it that 31% is above average? xD
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Excellent work Romanic

Surprised I haven't been in more games. I guess that's because I really only play Larges.

I wouldn't mind seeing the stats split up by game genre (Large, Small, etc) though. I feel as if my ranking would go up a bit for that.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

I win and draw more often when I am neutral, I win the majority of games as mafia, and if you count the drawn games, my townie record is more positive than negative. What's odd though is I always thought of myself as a better townie than anything else... but not according to the data, especially this year. I consider myself more of a townie-oriented player (note my neutral record) but it seems that being townie is the thing that I am worst at....
    I disagree with you here. Having a lower win % as townie (than mafia) does not mean you are worse at playing townie. The townie team is often plagued by inactivity that will affect your performances no matter what you do, so it's harder to control the game result. After all what can you do if you spot a mafia, make a good case of it and the Town decides to lynch someone else? Your result is influenced a lot by your team.

However as mafia, you are usually in control of every move, or will at least have a greater impact on every decision. How you fool the town is entirely up to you and if you do a good job of it, the town will not lynch you. For this reason I consider the winning % as mafia to be a better sign of skill than any other average.

Quote Originally Posted by Secura View Post
    It surprises me that, even after every single game that's ever graced the Org is added to the statistics, I still manage to make at one of the 'best of' lists... no mean feat considering I've only been here since late January. I should stick around, see if I can't get my name in any more of them... :P
    Be ready to make an appearance in the % win as mafia after your next game as a mafiosi. You'll make the top 20 no matter what your result is, but if you win you'll be #1 with .900 (4 wins, 1 draw). No pressure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Secura View Post
    I find it funny that the list I do make is for the very thing I moan about so much; my apparant lack of survivability in mafia games, at least the large ones anyway. I take it that 31% is above average? xD
    Aye, I think you have more staying power than you think. You don't make it to the end 7 games out of 10, but that's above average (I've added the average survival in the Totals section, it's 24.5%). 3 games out of 4, a player is expected to die before the end of the game, it's a game for masochists

A note about Survival though, my vision of it might not be the one some of you expect. I consider a player to have survived if he reached the last phase of the game, no matter what happens next (if he loses, he stills has *survived*).

For example: If the game ends with 2 players alive, one townie and one mafia, the Mafia wins but the townie has survived (even though most hosts will make a writeup of the townie being brutally murdered ).

~~~~~
    Edit: I've added a streak section for wins in a row. Pizza is impressive with 8 wins in a row as mafia.
    Last edited by Romanic; 09-04-2010 at 06:39.

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Most often Mafia
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    22 Yaseikhaan
    19 Sasaki Kojiro
    16 atheotes
    15 Beefy187
    14 Andres
    14 Csargo
    14 shlin28
    13 Askthepizzaguy

Really only because I spam "in" for almost any game that comes up. Actual percentage-wise, I am very rarely mafia... people seem to think I'm always mafia for some reason, while others like Beefy are clearly much more scum-affiliated than I am. They just don't act scummy, that's why people don't notice. Look at Csargo and shlin, you don't really think "scumbag" when you think of their names. They've always got a halo of townie innocence around them that is unwarranted!

Especially you, Beefy! How dare you be mafia so often when you're always so polite, funny, and loveable? You break my heart....
    If you look at percentages, I'm not mafia that often. Its just the numbers of games I played.. Just slightly more likely then pever

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Romanic View Post
    I disagree with you here. Having a lower win % as townie (than mafia) does not mean you are worse at playing townie. The townie team is often plagued by inactivity that will affect your performances no matter what you do, so it's harder to control the game result. After all what can you do if you spot a mafia, make a good case of it and the Town decides to lynch someone else? Your result is influenced a lot by your team.

However as mafia, you are usually in control of every move, or will at least have a greater impact on every decision. How you fool the town is entirely up to you and if you do a good job of it, the town will not lynch you. For this reason I consider the winning % as mafia to be a better sign of skill than any other average.
    You're very generous, but I do think that there are some different skills involved being mafia. If you happen to be a person who posts 8-10 times a game, doesn't talk much, but signs up a lot, you will never give away any scumtells, and people are used to your quietness, and as a result, you attract very little attention. Then you survive longer as mafia, which helps contribute to your ability to win. And, that doesn't really require skill so much as consistency in behavior and a style which doesn't attract controversy. Maybe it's intentional, and then it could be considered skillful. As townie, however, such a style makes it difficult to influence others or make convincing cases or adequately pressure/interrogate someone, which makes it easier for the mafia to avoid you without consequence. What's good for one side isn't necessarily as good for the other, even though there's a lot of overlap in the skill categories.

I even feel that winning as mafia is almost totally out of your control. You're greatly outnumbered and you cannot forcibly stop any bandwagon on you; it's pure luck if you survive long enough to have a shot at tricking people into choosing the wrong target in the final rounds. You can't stop a detective from investigating you right away/roleblocker from blocking you unless you get extremely lucky with your murders. My view on being mafia is to cross your fingers and hope the town keeps making mistakes, and try to make the game as challenging and entertaining as possible. If I could compare it to like a Mario video game, being mafia is being a koopa troopa. You lack the power and ability to truly defeat Mario, unless Mario makes mistakes. If Mario is good, you don't stand a chance, you're doomed. But if Mario can't jump to save his life, then you land on his head, boom you got lucky, you won. If you don't do anything to contribute to your victory, then it's unlikely to happen. So, you still have to keep moving, to present some kind of threat. But ultimately you can't control the outcome; the game is the town's game to lose, not the mafia's game to win.

Similarly, I feel that if you do choose the correct candidate as mafia, early enough, you can increase pressure on that candidate until it reaches a breaking point and you can declare "it's them, or me. Choose!". As townie, your team can generally win without you, but the mafia need every single soul alive that they can get, and those sorts of trades are always disadvantageous to the scums. It's like trading a pawn for a queen in chess. The mafia are always attempting to avoid those sorts of confrontations, because persistence will force a decision, and the townie can generally afford to die first as long as their target also dies. Being found dead and innocent generally increases the credibility of the accusations (right or wrong) against the intended target. If I died on round one in a game, and I narrowed it down to one main suspect and wouldn't shut up about said suspect, it's very difficult for that one to survive. This is true even for players who don't usually go on the offensive. I've seen plenty of games where someone died and suspected someone, and if they get vocal about it, their suspect's days are numbered. Making a strong case can also win votes from undecided people or busy people. Simply showing initiative on the correct suspect can win games. You lose that advantage as the game drags on, and there are fewer townies alive, and your continued and failed attempts to catch scum will make you look guilty. But at the beginning and middle, almost anyone is fair game and can be lynched easily with effort and persistence.

Your efforts to win the lynch of an innocent townie will cost you your head as mafia, and unless you bus your partner, you will keep lynching innocent people. Then when you bus your partner, you lose your partner, and it still doesn't win you freedom from suspicion, only a small window of the benefit of the doubt. Then people wonder why, if you're so townie, you haven't been murdered yet, and curiosity gets the better of them. And if you bussed your partner, now you're down two members in exchange for not much compensation.... you might have been better off with both your teammates alive and voting. I think I may have lost my train of thought, but from my view, all you can do is show up and keep playing, and hope that division and confusion works to your advantage. No matter your tactics, debating skills, or personal charisma, nothing can really stop a town determined to lynch you. They either decide to, or they don't. That's why the game is always in their hands. You can play flawlessly and still fail.

I don't know about the others, but whenever I am mafia I generally feel powerless and vulnerable. When I'm a townie I feel powerful and invincible, and very aggressive when I have that kind of energy. I think that would change dramatically if alignment was not revealed upon death, and as such, I might be removing that aspect from future games of mine to make it more difficult for the townies.

My response/more comments.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

2 cute to execute Member Joooray's Avatar

Best % of Survival
    * 10 games or more.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    0.600 doc_bean (6 in 10 games)
    0.524 Joooray (11 in 21 games)
    0.467 Xiahou (7 in 15 games)
    0.455 Cowhead418 (5 in 11 games)
    0.444 Methos (8 in 18 games)
    0.417 ByzantineKnight (5 in 12 games)
    0.400 gibsonsg91921 (6 in 15 games)
    0.400 spL1tp3r50naL1ty (20 in 50 games)
    0.379 taka (11 in 29 games)
    0.371 Double A (13 in 35 games)
    0.364 scottishranger (4 in 11 games)
    0.361 Centurion1 (13 in 36 games)
    0.360 Stig (9 in 25 games)
    0.353 Askthepizzaguy (24 in 68 games)

Joooray doesn't surprise me. He's wearing the Stone Mask from the Legend of Zelda. Nobody notices him until it is far, far too late.
    But again, I don't lurk on purpose, I'm just not very vocal. And I'm rather rarely mafia and as such not actually a threat.
    Also, it's kinda sad nobody notices me.

Could be that the good times are over though, being killed in the first night of Inavi and all.

Supreme Victory, The Shadow Fort
    © Crazed Rabbit

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joooray View Post
    But again, I don't lurk on purpose, I'm just not very vocal. And I'm rather rarely mafia and as such not actually a threat.
    Also, it's kinda sad nobody notices me.
    I am drooling with envy, because you are not at all ignored when you do post. I wish I had your kind of stealth.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wonder what my % of survival is... pretty sure its like .08%. Haven't realized just how many times I've been mafia, but I guess I've been playing a decent while now.

Excellent work, Romanic.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Hey Romanic, awesome statistics so far.

I think you're missing a game I hosted:

Council of Villains II: The Koopa Troop (game thread) (36 players)
    Hosted by Chaotix
    Ended on December 20, 2009
    Town Victory

I'll edit this post with who was who in a few minutes.

Mafia:

Team Mario: Death is yonder (Mario), Yaseikhaan (Yoshi), Sigurd (Samus)
    Team Fawful: splitpersonality (Fawful), A1_unit (Whomp King/Fwompful), Centurion1 (Koopatrol #2/Koopinator)
    Team Dimentio: Captain Blackadder (Dimentio), A Very Super Market (Luigi/Mr. L), Askthepizzaguy (Bowser Jr./Broccoli Jr.), Sasaki Kojiro (Princess Peach/Shadow Peach)

Neutral:

pevergreen (Donkey Kong)
    Beskar (Waluigi)

Actor/Joker:

thefluffyone93 (Steve the Piranha Plant)
    Last edited by Chaotix; 09-05-2010 at 22:41.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Team Bowser: Double A (Bowser), Three totally unimportant people (three totally unimportant minions)

Awesome Chaotix! I remember looking at this game but couldn't figure who was who. I planned to come back later, but I forgot. The game has been added. Can you confirm if the joker (fluffy) won or loss?

Looked like a great game, you should host Council of Villain III.
    ~~~

With this game in, the 8 wins in a row as mafia by ATPG has disappeared. The best is now 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaseikhaan View Post
    Wonder what my % of survival is... pretty sure its like .08%. Haven't realized just how many times I've been mafia, but I guess I've been playing a decent while now.

Excellent work, Romanic.
    Thanks khaan

Yaseikhaan
    86 games (36 wins, 45 losses, 2 draws, 2 WOGs, 1 replaced) - Survived 21 times
    Mafia: 23 games (13 wins, 8 losses, 1 draw, 1 WOG, 0 replaced) - Survived 7 times
    Neutral: 6 games (1 win, 5 losses, 0 draw, 0 WOG, 0 replaced) - Survived 1 time
    Townie: 56 games (21 wins, 32 losses, 1 draw, 1 WOG, 1 replaced) - Survived 13 times
    Unknown: 1 game (1 win, 0 loss, 0 draw, 0 WOG, 0 replaced) - Survived 0 time
    Your survival % is 0.244 (21/86). Right in the middle, overall average is currently .245.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Which players post the most in threads?

*Seamus doesn't count as a player in the games he hosts*

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    Which players post the most in threads?

*Seamus doesn't count as a player in the games he hosts*
    I don't keep post count per game for each player (yet~maybe later). This list you are talking about is a list of the most post count by everyone in a game. Largest game thread really. Granted that the title can be misleading, but did you think someone could made 4,000 posts in a single game?

Blog Entries

Have you even been in a game with Pizza recently?

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Awesome Chaotix! I remember looking at this game but couldn't figure who was who. I planned to come back later, but I forgot. The game has been added. Can you confirm if the joker (fluffy) won or loss?

Looked like a great game, you should host Council of Villain III.
    ~~~

With this game in, the 8 wins in a row as mafia by ATPG has disappeared. The best is now 5.
    Yes, fluffy won first round by being incredibly annoying. His victory was independent of the rest of the game's though.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

Maybe a quick look at the streak SQL Romanic...

I am listed twice in the most wins in a row as Mafia

Most wins in a row as Mafia
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    5 taka
    5 Askthepizzaguy
    4 Omanes Alexandrapolites
    4 Andres
    4 Sigurd
    3 GeneralHankerchief
    3 Sigurd
    3 Orb
    3 Yaseikhaan
    3 Csargo
    3 woad&fangs
    3 GeneralHankerchief
    3 Sarathos
    3 Tiberius of the Drake
    3 Yaseikhaan
    3 Yaropolk
    3 Death is yonder
    3 Sasaki Kojiro
    3 Beskar
    3 Secura
    Status Emeritus

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Two different streaks?

It seems like you could have two independent streaks.

edit: DARNIT
    Last edited by Sigurd; 09-06-2010 at 18:49.

Yes, they are different streaks.

Blog Entries

Wow, it's one thing to get ninja'd by someone a minute before, but it's a completely different thing to get ninja'd after 20 minutes.

Roman, you disappoint me.

Knight of Flowers Member Diamondeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nice of you not to notice Yaseikhaan's double-entry in the same list, Sigurd
    If God is great, and if God is good, why can't he change the hearts of men?"
    -Tom Waits, "The Road to Peace"

Bastion of Sanity Member Captain Blackadder's Avatar

Excellent work. Didn't know I had played that many games. Can't remember what was my unknown victory I might be able to say what it was.

Coming Soon to a Gameroom Near You

Sultry Gangster Babe Member Diana Abnoba's Avatar
    In a Gangster's Paradise, eating lobster and drinking fine wine.

Wow, really excellent work, Romanic! Thanks so much for doing this. I didn't know I was in that many games, and doing as well as I am (improving each year). Thanks again.
    Sultry Mafia Babe
    Diana Abnoba- Goddess of the Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Blackadder View Post
    Excellent work. Didn't know I had played that many games. Can't remember what was my unknown victory I might be able to say what it was.

Your unknown victory was for "The Abused Potatoes" by Andres, but it was a data entry mistake, most townies were marked as unknowns, the default value, instead of Town. It's fixed. I also found some (~10) other cases where townies were marked as unknown in other games. Thanks for noticing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Abnoba View Post
    Wow, really excellent work, Romanic! Thanks so much for doing this. I didn't know I was in that many games, and doing as well as I am (improving each year). Thanks again.
    Thanks Diana!

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    Two different streaks?
    Yes, they are different streaks.
    Ok...

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondeye View Post
    Nice of you not to notice Yaseikhaan's double-entry in the same list, Sigurd
    Just like I blatantly ignored GeneralHankershief's doble-entry also.
    Status Emeritus

Looking for a Cul pRit Member Khazaar's Avatar

Thanks Romanic for taking the time to crunch the numbers, an impressive feat. Keep up the good work!

I´m surprised that I´ve played so many games...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast