Thread: Hello Everyone

Wolf_NimbleNota Member NimbleNota's Avatar

Default Hello Everyone

First time at the .org in a long time, I hope everyone is doing well and I'll see you all on the battlefield for STW2...... And make sure you bring more than a rubber chicken to beat this wolf

HoOOoooOWWwwWWLl

Default Re: Hello Everyone

Welcome back NimbleNota. Make yourself at home.
    This space intentionally left blank

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Make sure I bring my 16 gauge shotgun from my grandfather.

Welcome back!

Hi Nota. Long time no see. :) I remember when you were a new player, all bushy tailed and bright eyed. hehe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UglyElmo2 View Post
    Hi Nota. Long time no see. :) I remember when you were a new player, all bushy tailed and bright eyed. hehe
    Long time no see Elmohead.

Hello Nota.

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

Quote Originally Posted by AntiKingWarmanCake88 View Post
    Long time no see Elmohead.
    Very tru Warman. :)

Blog Entries

I presume you coming back to S2TW?

If it is anything close to the original in game-play, and the lobby is community building conducive . . yes. :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UglyElmo2 View Post
    If it is anything close to the original in game-play, and the lobby is community building conducive . . yes. :)
    Well, yesterday on Steam i already said, that i have my doubts about S2. On what we can judge today? Hard to say, yes. But there are some things which worries me.
    If we take NTW as the last TW game before S2 will be out, than it is the game i have to look at and judge about future games.

Right now, there are so many bugs and tons of problems (some problems are almost bugs). Some things i can accept, other clearly not.
    To see all those crap maps, clearly show me, that there was no betatesting on those maps in MP! And if there was any Beta-test, those guys are terrible bad, which doesnt solve the problem.
    90% of the current NTW maps are a hell to play on.
    There are more problems of course and i wont name them here again, there is a bug tread over in the NTW forum.

One thing for sure, if they are really plan to focus on MP, than i ask myself: How they gonna do that without involving the community? Is it too early?
    Is it already happening and we just dont know it? And if thats the case, why there is no transparency?

All in all, i really hope its goin to be a good game, but the last 10 years did show me another picture.

Koc

I think it is too early Koc. The latest footage we have seen is labeled "pre-alpha" as I recall. There is a ways to go yet until beta testing can start.
    This space intentionally left blank

well i feel sadly with koc here, i will remain optimistic when it comes to sp and mp campaigning in a way swoosh experienced it in ntw..... but last nights we did some 2 vs 2 and 3 vs 3 battles in ntw and the joy of epicness of battles is very low..... i can write a full story of whats missing but in short......

we are too busy micromanaging army path and checking giving commands what takes focus from reading the battle..... some are....
    - checking more than needed where are units in the woods
    - checking if units dont march off towards the enemy cuz the line of sight is blocked by a bump or just by a bug
    - checking and redrawing gosts near hills, bumps and buildings
    - checking which army is yours or not, in case enemy has same faction.....
    - cav turns slow and requires extra attentioon when u -fake- charge in towards skirmishers and move them back.....
    - most maps i saw are close to useless for hardcore e-sports...... some will be fine if u play an home&away battle and winner is calculated based on 2 matches
    - grouping
    - when u chat and u select unit your pointer stays in chatbox... when u want to chat u must press in it first

some of these u will get into it ofcourse....

so when it comes to the casual online gamer i think shogun2 will do fine.... when it comes to 4 vs 4 like in its original i have my doubts but when it comes to ladderfighting and testing who is the best "battlereader" i have my doubts....

i still remember the original shogun demo..... from teh first moment i played that i knew it gameplay was perfect.... simple banners.... simple gameplay, full focus on the chesspart of the battle...

so my main problem is here that ur too busy with things that dont add to the gamejoy..... when u want to experience epic battles u want to get into the battle not into messing with the gui and maps.
    Last edited by Magyar Khan; 09-09-2010 at 16:53.
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

That's exactly the same for me... I find myself double checking more than I should be and that's time lost reading the battle. In NTW it's worse compared to STW that's for sure and I think STW2 once again will have most of the same problems in NTW.

Sad part is when some of them been around since the beginning of STW! And for them to be around so long it made me feel like I was the only one it bothered. Thank God I'm not alone ;)

Will it ever change? that is the question...

Quote from amp in 2v2 the other night after beating an opponent and only losing 300 odd men.
    "damn if that run command worked properly id lose 2 less units!" hehe

In agree tho i spend far too much time micromanaging units, thats fine if they do what i tell them but when you have to spend half an eternity getting a cav to shift it, its kinda not on. Im constantly checking units 3 or 4 times to see if they started to run like i told them. This may be ok vs the ai but vs some 1000 game player your going to suffer. another thing that gets me is sometimes you cant even tell by the unit card if they run or not - so frustrating takes a few seconds to show then to your horror theyre still walking. We need a run command not a run toggle and one that works 100% ie says to the unit i dont care what ur doing run!
    Last edited by Swoosh So; 09-14-2010 at 00:03.

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha