Thread: How Org could better serve the needs of MP players,Clans and the MP community?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How Org could better serve the needs of MP players,Clans and the MP community?

Hi, I thought of posting this thread in order to ask, could there be something Org could do to better serve the needs of MP community,Clans and individual players? Could we create any features.forums etc. that would be helpfull? If you have any ideas, those are more then wellcome.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Default Re: How Org could better serve the needs of MP players,Clans and the MP community?

Kage after spending a fair few minutes reading a pointless thread in another TW Forum where they couln't comprehend why we could possibly need a separate MP forum for Shogun prior to release this is a breath of fresh air.

Andres posted a fair few good points which I've copied over some are already covered.

Things that pop in to mind:

- to already work on the organisation of the MP community, i.e. gathering clan leaders to work on projects like tournaments or general chitchat on how to do things (MP community events?);
    - discussing MP related issues - making suggestions: balancing, chat foyer, unit stats, interesting maps,stuff to prevent cheating;
    - better in a seperate forum so the discussion can go deeper;
    - to build on the "community feeling", playing MP is a "social event", so to speak, so it can only benefit the community if people can already get to know each other better;

Recruitment may be another one although it probably is a little bit early atm.

:P
    Last edited by Sp00n; 09-02-2010 at 11:07.
    One enemy is too many a hundred friends too few.

AggonySpoon, MizuSpoon, EuroSpoon, Linkspoon Li

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Default Re: How Org could better serve the needs of MP players,Clans and the MP community?

Something that is already possible now, is creating social groups.

I don't know a lot of the MP community, but I figure something like a social group for clan leaders only could be very useful.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Sp00n thank you for your ideas.More we know about your needs, better we can develop the forum.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sp00n View Post
    Recruitment may be another one although it probably is a little bit early atm.
    Mentioned this elsewhere and privately, but I am gonna say it here so it's as out as possible. I don't have any problems running clan recruitment articles for the front page. If you'd like to advertise with us, send me a PM and I can make it happen.

If clans take advantage of this, what is likely to happen is I'll group all ads together to be posted on the same day (maybe once a week or as needed).

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

I already told Tomisama in private, but might as well throw this out in the open. We can also publish articles about tournaments, competitions and other MP events on our frontpage; so by all means, if you have TW MP news that needs to be spread, just say the word. Not just for S2 TW MP, but all TW MP news.

Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

TBH guys looking at the NTW Multiplayer section its got most of what I'd expect we need for Shogun 2, I'm sure Clan Leaders and other Multi Players have stuff to add though.

From my point of view I always used theorg as the place to get my MP news, patches and latest maps in Shogun and MTW MP days. The frontpage had all the latest news SP and MP wise and tournys were advertised. Pretty much what Andres is talking about above.

Not sure if we'll have all these options due to how NTWs run atm on steam with no user map creation etc.
    Last edited by Sp00n; 09-02-2010 at 11:43.
    One enemy is too many a hundred friends too few.

AggonySpoon, MizuSpoon, EuroSpoon, Linkspoon Li

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

The Org has a wiki, this might be useful somehow.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

The biggest issue is that the MP community isn't at the .org. It is pointless to try serve someone who isn't here. The MP community these days is largely centred around tournament forums, meaning that if you want to bring the MP community here, you need to start hosting tournaments here and promote them aggressively. That again is fairly hard due to the whole Junior Membership thing.
    Friendship, Fun & Honour!

"The Prussian army always attacks."
    -Frederick the Great

<code>ninja</code> Clan Nikodil's Avatar

Start an open steam group for TW MP. Promote it heavily. Market it as the official .org MP chat channel (instead of IRC). Lobby with the several thousands or so other total war steam groups to join and/or merge with it. Will solve the missing chat lobby problem.

[EDIT]

Now CA has announced that there will be a lobby, which will probably be a better solution than using steam chat. But I still think using steam could be valuable as a community tool, for news announcement, chat (instead of irc), etc.
    Last edited by Nikodil; 12-20-2010 at 22:40.