Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How Org could better serve the needs of MP players,Clans and the MP community?

Default Re: How Org could better serve the needs of MP players,Clans and the MP community?

some good ideas Succi..good work

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

Default Re: How Org could better serve the needs of MP players,Clans and the MP community?

A very nice SWAT analysis, Succi, and good thoughts on how to keep the .org alive and up to date.

I also very much like the idea of a Tashio Dojo :

Quote Originally Posted by Blutzeit View Post
    I'm thinking about these ideas about training. How about setting up a Dojo?

The purpose would primarily be tactical training, organized similar to that of clans, but open for all to join. Training sessions could be tailored to focused on a single tactical aspect, say how to use bows or cavs, there could be kata-like performance excercises, or more free form sparring sessions.

A Dojo could provide the same benefits as clans for both new players (but with a very low barrier of entry, basically just a stream group) as well as more experienced players, there's always room for sharpening techniques and learning by teaching.

That sounds actually like a lot of fun to run.
    Perhaps some of the veterans could act as Sensei and offer training sessions to interested players.
    I also think that many players, certainly myself, could benefit a lot from kata-like exercises, i.e. just the maneuvers without an opponent putting pressure on you. This would be great in getting some help in how to control your 20 units army more efficiently and avoid all those typical micromanage mistakes.
    Last edited by Nigel; 03-12-2011 at 23:30.

Senior Member Senior Member Krasturak's Avatar

I need a technical guide to help me with the basics, such as: what is the current patch version? How do I join a multiplayer game? The basic stuff is not available, and this could be isolating the stuffy guys like me that can't figure it out for ourselves. Not much use to talk about tactics or fun tournaments or wahtever until I can get to play this.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

About the patch: the game runs on Steam and it patches automatically, so you don't need to worry about that.

About your other questions, well I'm not exactly an MP player, so I'll leave that to others.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Senior Member Senior Member Krasturak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    About the patch: the game runs on Steam and it patches automatically, so you don't need to worry about that.
    Oh. It alwys tells me that I can't join, I have the wrong game version.

Does this mean I have to buy the game expansion modules?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234