Thread: Attention Old Clans and New Clans!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Default Attention Old Clans and New Clans!

Revive a Clan, start a Clan here at the Org?

There is some consideration being given to a new project to provide private Hosted Clan Forums here at the Org.

With so many members of old Shogun Clans, and possibility of new Clans being developed for the new Shogun; an easy way to get-it-all-together quickly might be to use a specially designed forum category right here on the Org Shogun 2 Forum.

Would any of you be interested in taking advantage of an Org message board presence for your Clan, existing or new? No need to create a Clan web site, just sign up for a private sub forum here, where your Clan name will have high visibility and easy access by the whole Org community.

Questions, comments, sign ups?

HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Attention Old Clans and New Clans!

I think would be a good idea Tomi-san.

Senior Member Senior Member Kas's Avatar

Nice idea!

Some old clans still around and perhaps some mothballed clans will rise again.
    Many clans founded after STW will be active on STW2 also. And there will be new clans of course.

But the release is still 7 months or so from now...most TW players probably say "nice, but too far away to get overly excited already".

For the time being the old shoggies and some era enthusiasts will provide most of the input here I think.

I ended my TW career clanless and I have no intention to join or start a clan*, but I'm looking forward to meet old friends again.

*disclaimer: I can change my mind
    Last edited by Kas; 09-02-2010 at 14:45.
    On Steam: Kas

JoJoSan, can you forgive me?

Stickied. If there is lot of interest for this could be extended for Clans playing any of the total war titles. So we might be able to start hosting Clans playing Empire/NTW and their tournaments. We are putting lot of effort to make you guys as happy as we can, by providing what you might need. So if you are interested, please say so here.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha View Post
    Stickied. If there is lot of interest for this could be extended for Clans playing any of the total war titles. So we might be able to start hosting Clans playing Empire/NTW and their tournaments. We are putting lot of effort to make you guys as happy as we can, by providing what you might need. So if you are interested, please say so here.
    There has be a “pre-game revival” taking place though out the Total War community, with people who we have not heard from in many years ending up on their still active Clan forum front steps.

This is of course the result of the proposed return to the Shogun era.

One Clan I personally know about has doubled its membership since the news came out about Shogun 2.

These “returnees” have purchased Napoleon, and are playing avidly to bring them selves up to speed on the changes in the series, to be that much closer to Shogun 2 when it comes out.

So it is not too far fetched to consider that 6 months from now, that they will be "as", if not "more" ready for action in the new game, than any who have been playing along all the time in-between Shoguns.

This was the inspiration of proposing the above Clan forums here and now. Building Clans takes time and there is time now. There will always be naysayers who will wait until there is proof positive that the game will be worth all of the hype, but by that time they will be 6 months behind the their peers in organization and team development for competition.

There are Napoleon Total War contests open “now”, and planed for the “immediate future”, that will provide a training ground for reviving and start-up Clans.

There are people who make things happen;
    there are people who watch things happen;
    and there are people who wonder what happened.

Which are you?
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

If the last question was pointed at me. I would say im the kind of fellow who lets actions speak on my behalf. I am not here to decide on anybody´s behalf what is best for the MP community, but to listen and learn from you guys what would be helpfull and if you can tell me what would be best for you. I will work hard to make that a reality. So in the end.If there is a will, there is a way.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomisama View Post
    There has be a “pre-game revival” taking place though out the Total War community, with people who we have not heard from in many years ending up on their still active Clan forum front steps.

This is of course the result of the proposed return to the Shogun era.

These “returnees” have purchased Napoleon, and are playing avidly to bring them selves up to speed on the changes in the series, to be that much closer to Shogun 2 when it comes out.
    Indeed I even managed a 4v4 with you the other week, preping myself with the new engine is the main reason I'm playing NTW atm.
    One enemy is too many a hundred friends too few.

AggonySpoon, MizuSpoon, EuroSpoon, Linkspoon Li