Thread: Advise needed

Senior Member Senior Member Kas's Avatar

Default Advise needed

Ok...so I loved STW/MI and played MTW/VI...RTW I disliked and never played TW again.

Old TW games not working on my comp now...and I don't own recent TW games.
    So...I'm rusty as can be and completely out of the loop.
    I visited the Org and Aggony forums once or twice a year...out of curiosity and because I'm a sentimental old fool. Been an active community and clan member and I'm one of those who waited for years for STW2.

7 months until release...darn!

You guys think it's a good idea to get NTW? Or is it better to just twiddle my thumbs until release?
    On Steam: Kas

JoJoSan, can you forgive me?

Default Re: Advise needed

Its up to you :), I played Shogun and MTW/VI for insane amounts of time in MP and like you I thought Rome was dreadful and stopped playing MP. I own and have played every TW since in SP and from a SP point of view they have been steadily improving.

When Shogun 2 was announced it re-ignited my interest in Total war again and I started playing NTW online, I'm currently trialing with Aggony.
    I'll be honest with you I don't like the era much and I don't think its particulary well suited to TW games but having said that apart from not having a chat foyer I quite like it.

I'd imagine the basic control and game mechanics in NTW will be close to S2's so its good practice for S2 and the single player game is pretty good. Try the demo :)
    One enemy is too many a hundred friends too few.

AggonySpoon, MizuSpoon, EuroSpoon, Linkspoon Li

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    Ok...so I loved STW/MI and played MTW/VI...RTW I disliked and never played TW again.

Old TW games not working on my comp now...and I don't own recent TW games.
    So...I'm rusty as can be and completely out of the loop.
    I visited the Org and Aggony forums once or twice a year...out of curiosity and because I'm a sentimental old fool. Been an active community and clan member and I'm one of those who waited for years for STW2.

7 months until release...darn!

You guys think it's a good idea to get NTW? Or is it better to just twiddle my thumbs until release?

Why the hell not? I still play VI today, 6 years after I got it. .

Two days after the announcement of STW2, I re-installed STW and played two campaigns back to back. It was like dreaming =)

I still have to try the bloody NTW

The Order of Kenchikuka

lol...I found my old STW copy and managed to get it working...can't find my MI disk, but at least I can play again...SP only of course, but hey! it's something

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

I have STW, MTW/VI, and Samurai Warlords installed and operational, so I can play any of the old TW games that I liked. Granted, it's just against the AI, but allows me to practice control and timing.

Personally, I can't justify buying any of the latter releases just for the sake of "warming up" for S2TW, especially when there's no guarantee that I'll buy it--despite my love for the region, era, and original game. I'll wait and evaluate S2TW with the same intensity that I did previous releases before purchasing it. If it doesn't meet the majority of my requirements, I wont be getting it. Unfortunately, releases from RTW forward have eroded my confidence; I will be cautious before spending my hard-earned $.

However, if someone wants to put forth the effort to 1) install a STW fakeserver, and 2) configure their router so they can host, and 3) set some times when we can meet and play, I'd be happy to join in for some good ol' Shoggie MP practice. I've never been able to get Step 2 working, and the ability to host is obviously critical.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

Funny...didn't play this since 2004/2005...1st battle I played...the 1st thing I did was "ctrl+m" without thinking.

There must be a small TW corner somewhere in my brain

Gah! Kas! What is 7 months in the scheme of things?
    Still don't want to jack up expectations, a number of things could go wrong on release day :D
    Annie
    AggonyJade of the Brotherhood of Aggony, [FF]ladyAn or [FF]Jade of the Freedom Fighters