Thread: New ingame video, not seen elsewhere posted at totalwar.com

Default New ingame video, not seen elsewhere posted at totalwar.com

Last edited by Magyar Khan; 09-03-2010 at 13:39.
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

Default Re: New ingame video, not seen elsewhere posted at totalwar.com

CraigTW (from CA) posted this in the Dojo II forum (checks time - yes, after midnight) early yesterday. I'm very encouraged by the way the battle played out - the unit vs unit combat lasted long enough to allow for some maneauvering such as the cavalry flanking in the video. I can't speak for the later titles, but I recall with RTW, one side or the other would rout way too quickly making any tactical maneauvering almost impossible.

What are your thoughts so far Magyar?
    This space intentionally left blank

well it looks impressive but the firearrows dominate the scene a bit as a visual especially when they just strike ground.... they look like pikes.... battle seems ok but is hard to say... we need to find the optimum for the unitsize vs hth-combatlength vs manouvrability.... we dont need 54000 soldiers on the battlefield if it all gets clumpy.... and nightbattles.... i doubt that will be the mainstay of games..... the visual is excellent but like in every serie u will zoom out to full extent for teh battle although i remember in stw i felt pitty for every soldier/sprite on teh screen and tended to zoom in to see how one was doing.... ;)

I guess with this first video CA was going for "shock and awe" by showing a night battle in a thunderstorm with fire arrows. I'm looking forward to seeing some daytime battles to more clearly see the battles unfold. Castle battles, gun units, more AI demonstrations, and a few peeks at what we can expect for MP would be nice to see in similar type videos. Of course, a couple of peeks at the campaign map (SP and MP ) are needed as well.
    This space intentionally left blank

The best preview would be basic features like chat lobby whats it going to be like? will there be new grouping functions? will the mp basics that are currently missing be in the game? but thats not dazzling enough i guess :( I will watch with a keen eye to try and spot these details through the shock and awe videos we will get :) Dont want to focus on the negative because i think so far the stuff we have seen is great but really when i watched the video i was put in mind of rome totalwar and not ntw which would be a disaster if it was like that. Maybe it was the fire arrows maybe it was just the night battle not sure. From what i saw there it was almost impossible to tell units apart when zoomed out and the flags on the units were very basic with no info. Its alpha so i wont get too pessamistic.

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

well true it reminded me also at rome.... look closely at teh video where the archers are thrown around by the horses who run as a freighttrain thru them.... if i remember some were smashed many meters high and far away..... if i remember wel as well :o) the commentator explains it by the running downhill of the horses....