Thread: COOL IDEA Shogun family domination

Cool COOL IDEA Shogun family domination

what i can imagine is that based on all our online battles and outcome connected to the japanese family ur playing the result is processed on a webbased map which shows which family is in control of what province....
    in a way/thus allowing clans to focus on a weak family and turn the tide.....

this allows interesting ways to execute.... did u follow my explanation and what ideas can be made upon it... i have plenty but ....
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

Default Re: COOL IDEA Shogun family domination

Hello Magy my old dutch friend!!
    Time has runned fast, i heared your a father now days to :D

I hope we will have same epic battles like we had like 10 years ago, like i said time goes fast when you have fun !!
    See you around magy (miss our Gettysburg battles to ;) )

-San

hahhaa howldy san

lol i got a look here to see who eventually after 26 views encouraged this idea.... and u almost hijacking it :o)

Maybe instead of using the main families in the game, instead use the smaller families which were loyal to the main families in the game. This could possibly allow clans or groups of players to choose a family name (associated with their favorite main family (like the Hojo's), and fight battles not only in their name, but the Hojo's. That way many more groups of players could band together to fight for/against the Hojo clan. It would also bring back a bit of the intrigue missing from the MP community since the Shogun days. For example: Let's say the Wolves decided to take over the Li family, which was affiliated with the Hojo's. The Wolves decided they wanted to take become a greater influence within the Hojo family, so might decide to attack a neighboring Hojo-related family, by infiltrating them and gaining the trust of members of that clan. The Wolves could declare war on the family, and during the battle their spies, could wait until a decisive moment and begin team-killing their team, or be more subtle in their methods of helping the Wolves win (maybe have a flanking unit arrive late, a good unit mysteriously rout off the map at a crucial time, or sending in a mismatched unit to die, etc . ..) This way the spy could fight multiple battles helping the Wolve clan gain more prestige within the Hojo family.

The Meta Game could be something to the effect where the top smaller families within the overall Hojo family, would be allowed to fight battles against the other major families on the campaign map. So the Hojo's, led by the Wolve's chosen family, could begin taking over the Japanese campaign map. Think of the paranoia, the intrigue, the backstabbing and everything that would be possible with such a setup. :) Just like the old days of Shoggy, but much more purposeful. The main families, could also begin infiltrating the smaller families of the other main families and such. I could see where the Main families might hire a police force to keep an eye on the smaller familes to make sure they don't turn traitors.

Though it sounds way to involved and complicated given today's technology, but maybe a simpler version of what I have in mind might work. :)

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sounds good Magyar. I would love to lead Clan Yamana or Imagawa to victory.

Hmmm... Maybe a interactive history and MP could be cross breeded with this kind of thing.Something to think about.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

It would certainly add a little side campaign of sorts to give people something to do for variety.

My question, however, would be (leave it to me to play devils advocate): Would people be able to switch families at their own will without changing their user name? I could see people taking it way too seriously and losing battles on purpose with their dummy user, etc etc. Of course, that might add extra intrigue as well, but I would hate to see people in a family win epic 4v4 battles for ground and then have it all undone by some yahoos who set up patsy games with dummy accounts.

The way around such shenanigans would be to make this family system something of a mini-game you had to register for, at which point family elders would have to approve you for their family and a minimum wait between battles could be set. It would essentially be a campaign-lite, with no micromanaging just fights with scant predetermined rules. A group of 16 people could very well complete a one campaign in matter of hours if they wanted to play straight through. Some sort of basic turn system would need to be implemented.

There are so many good ideas in this sub forum it really is a shame we all aren't wealthy investors who also know how to program.
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

I do believe my idea is way too complex for today's technology (and financial/time constraints), but something much simpler could be done, by the community, if the right tools are included in the game.

Like an easy editor to set up maps, settings, and units (a battle creation feature for MP). This way we could hold our own MP campaigns, setting up battles for others to play using predetermined units. If there was a simple campaign map which would allow us to input/keep track of stats (A campaign map which would allow us to add units and buildings, which would keep track of units and their stats, upgrade koku amounts etc . and generate a list of units and their individual stats for plugging into the battle editor.) This would allow someone to easily host an actual MP campaign, without having to manually keep track of all the stats and upgrade a website with them. I remember my couple attempts at an MP campaign, based on the actual STW1 rules. It was an enormous amount of work keeping track of all the stats. Any tool which could help make this task easier would go a long ways to making a community campaign possible.

Even an empty campaign map which would allow us to easily add/subtract/move units around it, would be a great asset towards making a large scale MP campaign possible for the community.
    Last edited by UglyElmo2; 09-09-2010 at 23:07.

well i believe in a more simple model.... in your profile u choose a family which u can chance anytime u want and every battle played online is recorded and the outcome processed in some sort of control on a big japan map..... in this way a clan can choose the same familyname and adopt a weaker family to fight the "world" :)

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And you could customize name your character also!