Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Automatic LukMap & Script creator

The Lordz Modding Collective Senior Member Lord Of Storms's Avatar

Double checked everything the file move was good it was in syatem 32 no prob I tried re-entering the run command and it worked it was probably a typo thanks Welly cant wait to try it out...

Taking life one day at a time!

Can anyone tell me, what the error-message:

"Warning: the 'Castle/Border' feature color (255,0,255), at X/Y : 0,1 is same color as on the original map"

is about. I know the words but I don't understand it because I'm pretty shure I made everything right with the 'Ref_Features'-file.

The error occurs when running "Start Test Map" in LMM4v1 and that means with every pixel I have outlined as a border (or water on land).
    Has it to do with a wrong palette?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm gonna live forever....
    ... or die trying...

Senior Member Senior Member Wellington's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Sundance @ Mar. 21 2003,11:48)]Can anyone tell me, what the error-message:

"Warning: the 'Castle/Border' feature color (255,0,255), at X/Y : 0,1 is same color as on the original map"

is about. I know the words but I don't understand it because I'm pretty shure I made everything right with the 'Ref_Features'-file.

The error occurs when running "Start Test Map" in LMM4v1 and that means with every pixel I have outlined as a border (or water on land).
    Has it to do with a wrong palette?
    Sundance,

This warning (as opposed to an error) is generated because LMM has found a pixel colour on your map (that is recognises as an "LMM" colour) but is'nt sure whether or not this pixel colour was drawn onto the map intentionally - as an LMM feature.

I know the documentation is pretty crappy at present and I'm working on this now

However, let me just clarify a couple of things.

When you provide a new map for LMM to process you should (ideally) provide 3 maps. Let's presume your map is called "NewMap.bmp" and the small size is 800x500. The best way is to provide 3 maps named -

1) "NewMap.bmp" - 800x500
    2) "NewMap_Lores.bmp" - 800x500
    3) "NewMap_Hires.bmp" - 1600x1000

LMM expects maps 2) and 3) to be EXACTLY the maps you wish to see in MTW - no LMM type features drawn onto them. LMM does'nt check these maps - it just uses them to generate the Maptex/Maptex2 stuff. LMM DOES expect map 1) to be exactly the same as map 2) but with the LMM features drawn onto it. This is the map that LMM processes.

LMM tries to do as much as it can with whatever is provided as input - hence, users can continually add more and more LMM input files as they progress.

If the user does'nt provide a map 3) LMM creates one by resizing (doubling the size) of map 2).

If the use does'nt provide maps 2) and 3) then .... hmmmm ... LMM creates 2) and 3) from 1) - which can be a bit confusing for 2 reasons -

a) the maps you will see in MTW will have all your LMM features displayed on them (ie; the colours)
    b) LMM will not know some things for certain.

From this a) is obvious, but a little explanation of b) is required, so ...

LMM is never interested in the colours on the original map. Map 1) is only a means for the user to draw borders and features whilst on a copy of the actual map - you can just as well provide your features on all white bmp

However, one potential problem is that the user may use a colour (for borders/castles/origins/same regions/land bridges) that, just by coincidence, is already on the original map(s) - therefore LMM has to has a means to ascertain whether the user drew such a colour as a feature OR if it's just a concidence that should be ignored.

LMM does this by cross-referencing 2 maps -

x) map 1) that it DOES expect LMM features (colours) to have been drawn onto
    y) map 2) that it DOES'NT expect LMM features (colours) to have been drawn onto (it expects this map to be the 'original&#39

By checking the colours on these two maps, at the same pixel positions, LMM tries to ascertain whether the features on 1) are intentional or not. If it finds the same colour (an LMM feature colour) on BOTH 1) and 2) at the same pixel positions - it does'nt know whether or not this is an intentional drawn-on feature.

In this situation it still assumes it to be a feature but issues the warning message you received just to let you know.

I presume you have this error because you only provided map 1) then ran LMM, which would automatically create maps 2) and 3), and then rean LMM a second time. This would ensure both maps 1) and 2) have your LMM features on them and would cause such a warming for every pixel.

Just ensure any features are ONLY on map 1) - this solves this "LMM confusion"

Let me know if this solves the problem.

Welly

(BTW hopefully the documentation will explain such issues better when I get the final version released)

Thank you, Wellington

I finally managed to get it together.

The problem was that Maps 2) and 3) had drawn the lmm-features on it.

But I discovered that LMM builds these two maps even if I provided them already when doing 'Build Map Folder'. I checked spelling. Is that wanted? Because I had to overwrite the files with my originals.

But then everything worked fine.
    I'm gonna live forever....
    ... or die trying...

Quote[/b] (Sundance @ Mar. 24 2003,05:57)]Thank you, Wellington

I finally managed to get it together.

The problem was that Maps 2) and 3) had drawn the lmm-features on it.

But I discovered that LMM builds these two maps even if I provided them already when doing 'Build Map Folder'. I checked spelling. Is that wanted? Because I had to overwrite the files with my originals.

But then everything worked fine.
    Not sure what your question exactly is, but let clarify.

There are 2 major folders than LMM deals with -

1) MapFolders
    2) GroupMapFolders

The commands/buttons "Test Map", "Map/Script" and "Script" all work on the contents of a subfolder within 1).

The command/button "Build Group Map" works on the contents of a subfolder within 2).

If you are creating your own campaign you will NOT have to worry about GroupMapFolders and can do everything in MapFolders (in LMM4v1 that is).

When you have finished your mod you can then release it to other people by packing up all your LMM files, except the maps, and writing a quick "GMParameters.txt". This stuff can then be used by recipients of your mod. They would create a GroupMapFolder, put all your stuff in (and the map) and use "Build Group Map". This then creates a MapFolder sunfolder for them which should be EXACTLY the same as you have on your PC. They would then use "Map/Script" to build everything.

Basically, MapFolders is where all the work happens. GroupMapFolders is where you can receive stuff (other peoples mods) and use "Build Group Map" to create a MapFolders subfolder. Once this has been done - you can effectively forget the GroupMapFolders stuff (delete it if you want&#33.

Note that GroupMapFolders has been extended to add more functionality in terms maps (adding text/images, recolouring ect) and the next released version will incorporate these additions.

Welly

Hi Welly, waiting patiently for more documentation regarding the use of LMM4V2 I have been stuck on the Drenai Map trying to change the border areas to include more provinces then the original map breakdown . following what I have I was able to generate a new map ref. but that is where I got stuck , any new info would be greatly appreciated Thanks, LOS

SoS, (or LoS or whatever you've changed your moniker to now),

At present you have LMM4v2 installed. You also have the documentation from LMM4v1 - that you had installed before I provided you with version 2.

Please read this documentation.

This thread consists of 12 pages relating to different versions of LMM as and when such versions were released.

NO-ONE has [b] EVER [/b} had problems with the basics. Re-read the posts in this thread Everyone who has been contributory to this project fully understandings the principles of writing borders on maps - it really IS the base premise of such a utility as LMM.

I fully understand that such "campaign map" considerations requires a basic understanding of what considerations persist in these areas, but (regrettably) if the basics of LMM are not understood then I can only offer advice in respect of awaiting the NONE-BETA version of this utility -which will make many aspects clear to Org patrons who may wish to progress in these areas (New Campaign maps) but have little understanding of the requirements of such MTW modding areas.

Basically, the problems you appear to now have are "problems" that were both understood, obviated and circumvented via LMM many months ago. I really fail to understand precisely what your current problem is.

I have no trouble understanding the "Basics" of LMM, I understand fully from the Documentation I was sent LMM4V1 and the version I was working with LMM4V2 have some differences, I understood enough to go through some of the Mini Campaigns-The Holyland,etc. and also the Drenai example. I have no problem re-doing the lines for the borders. It is when I change the lines I think the map would also need new Faction Parameters for me to change the map properly. And I am sorry but that was not explained in the Documentation I have. It was my understanding you were working on some docs for us on that subject. But nothing ever came of it. I read these threads over and over and I noticed other people having some troubles. and according to your own post that you would be there to answer and help. and that also The next version would indeed have better documentation if you can not help or if I dont understand I guess I will wait for the next release of LMM and follow the documentation and go from there . I did not intend to trouble you. I will figure it out...

Quote[/b] (Lord Of Storms @ April 10 2003,13:26)] if you can not help or if I dont understand I guess I will wait for the next release of LMM
    Good idea.

Hello wellington just got back from a land where steam powered calculators are still much in use, so I have'nt tested LMM4V1 until now.It ran fine until I got to the thickening pink borders bit and then got an error message:could not locate automation class named adodb.stream,which if I'm right in saying is to do with the lbm and tga producing sub scripts, but I don't want to mess around with these without knowing what I'm doing.I hope this is clear enough. cheers M.E

DON'T WORRY I've done it don't ask me how cause I don't know but I must have cut the right wire cheers ME.

Default Re: Automatic LukMap & Script creator

do you have a VI version of LMM?

Default Re: Automatic LukMap & Script creator

is there any updates of that tool.?? if any, because, lot of links are dead... or i miss something (that is truly possible.!!)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910