Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Did Zeus never teach Athena to have some tolerance with Muslims?

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

Default Greek mobs doing over-violence against muslims.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6AF2HM20101116

well well, I can imagine how annoying muslim immigrants are... but pelting them with eggs like peltasts are not cool, especially when they celebrate the Eid-ul-Adha and supposed to give free beef and goat steaks to their neighbours...

because you hellenes are bad with them, so no free goat steaks for you this year...

------------------------------------

Ok, ok, real commentary about this event:
    - this night, the news (at TV) here announce this event, and they shown how the angry Greek mob throwing eggs, stones, and almost everything nasty violently to a small (!) muslim group gathered to do a religious ceremony in the central square (which was public ground), and the video shown there is not even pomp and ceremonies, just some goats are shown (for the sacrifice).
    - as most of you allready knew, I was rather at odds with the muslims, but seeing them abused this heavy and even the police force (who are supposedly neutral at least) joins the fray into beating some children and even babies hit by baton... (!) ok people, this is too much...

just want to know, how "deep" european hatred with muslims allready grow, and why this event happened...
    Last edited by Cute Wolf; 11-19-2010 at 00:12. Reason: someone said my title was misleading and asked to change it

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar

Default Re: Did Zeus never teach Athena to have some tolerance with Muslims?

I don't understand are you saying you don't understand why a Greek might not like muslim immigrants being in Greece, I imagine muslims have never being welcome in Greece ever since the time of the Turks and up to and including today.
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

Kristallnacht.
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gaelic cowboy View Post
    I don't understand are you saying you don't understand why a Greek might not like muslim immigrants being in Greece, I imagine muslims have never being welcome in Greece ever since the time of the Turks and up to and including today.
    yeah, but what bothers me is they start to do "overkill" with their "protests"

pelting rotten eggs and stones, hitting and kicking at MEN should be acceptable enough in severe cases, but hitting women, batoning children, and kick some babies in their mother's hands is just... too much...

Quote Originally Posted by Cute Wolf View Post
    pelting rotten eggs and stones, hitting and kicking at MEN should be acceptable enough in severe cases

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoreTore View Post
    I just meant if the protesters are real MEN, they should avoid doing violences on helpless WOMEN and CHILDREN.

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Maybe the Mohameddans will become the scapegoats for the woes of Greece? The scenes there were pretty shocking, most of them weren't even Turks so it's not like you could explain it with the old nationalist rivalry.

Well you didn't mind when it happened to the police...
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

They'd better watch out if they start bearing gifts.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar

yeah, but what bothers me is they start to do "overkill" with their "protests"

pelting rotten eggs and stones, hitting and kicking at MEN should be acceptable enough in severe cases, but hitting women, batoning children, and kick some babies in their mother's hands is just... too much...
    You do realise these were far right loons right there gonna hate everyone, casual racism of Muslims is increasing Europewide but remember it is not happening in a vacuum.
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyfelwyr View Post
    Well you didn't mind when it happened to the police...
    Oh come on you know that wasn't serious.

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Yeah the overdone pc-ness with multiculturalism has shot itself in the foot, the ordinary people don't buy it anymore. Unfortunately that may mean they swing to the other extreme and become openly hostile to Muslims. Islamophobia (horrid word, but I shall use it for conveience) is now seen as much more acceptable. This is especially worrying in a country as unstable as Greece...

Oh come on you know that wasn't serious.
    Would't be a stretch to think you were, I know you wouldn't condone causing serious harm to a person, but when it comes to trashing property even some Uni professors openly came out and supported it.

Would't be a stretch to think you were, I know you wouldn't condone causing serious harm to a person, but when it comes to trashing property even some Uni professors openly came out and supported it.
    Thrashing property is something I whole-heartedly support, of course!

Also, in a thread like this it should be noted that the ones responsible for the current economic trouble in Greexe is every single Greek person. They cannot claim that some outside force screwed them over, they did this to themselves. It wasn't just some banks, it wasn't just the rich, it wasn't the immigrants, it wasn't the politicians, it wasn't the workers. It was every single one. It was the doctor who didn't care to pay tax, it was his customers who didn't want to pay VAT.

Of course, that doesn't stop nationalist mobs from blaming everyone else in their hate-campaigns.
    Last edited by HoreTore; 11-17-2010 at 19:32.

Thrashing property is something I whole-heartedly support, of course!
    Especially when it's Conservative Party property, I'll bet! Trust a Viking!

Especially when it's Conservative Party property, I'll bet! Trust a Viking!
    I'd lie if I said that didn't tickle me a little extra..... Hey, at least I'm honest!

And besides, being Viking, I of course approve of all pillaging of the British Isles.....

Hmm, our dialogue is dragging things OT...

Kristallnacht.
    In what way is this the same? Or were you just making a Godwin for the lulz (I do that as well sometimes)?

In what way is this the same? Or were you just making a Godwin for the lulz (I do that as well sometimes)?
    A large-scale episode of violence and harassment directed at a minority which has been subjected to a long hate and fear-campaign.

Also, it was the first thought that poped into my head after i read the article.

Yeah but the major difference is the Nazi's used their own forces, unlike the current Greek government. A bit o' hyperbole there methinks...

I just meant if the protesters are real MEN, they should avoid doing violences on helpless WOMEN and CHILDREN.
    Violence is against the law. Against men, women and children. Having a penis and more testosterone doesn't exempt you from being hit by people. I won't even try to understand how you condone violence and perhaps even promote violence (in severe cases, whatever the hell that means).

Where I live, I am happy that the nation-wide consensus is not (yet) "Oh, you can hit (Muslim) men and throw eggs at them." It's repulsive, abhorrent and you should be ashamed, as far as I reckon, for even proposing such a thing. It's disgusting.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Hax View Post
    Violence is against the law. Against men, women and children. Having a penis and more testosterone doesn't exempt you from being hit by people. I won't even try to understand how you condone violence and perhaps even promote violence (in severe cases, whatever the hell that means).
    Probably it is because we can't all live in comfortable western liberal democracies and hold idealistic principles about the equality of men and women while completely ignoring reality.

Outside of our little world, violence between men is commonplace, but when women and children start getting beat up it means things are generally getting serious. It must take some amount of hatred to overcome the natural tendency not to harm women and children.

Probably it is because we can't all live in comfortable western liberal democracies and hold idealistic principles about the equality of men and women while completely ignoring reality.

Outside of our little world, violence between men is commonplace, but when women and children start getting beat up it means things are generally getting serious. It must take some amount of hatred to overcome the natural tendency not to harm women and children.
    So......

Ghandi was from western Europe?

Yeah Ghandi was very cosmpolitan he was well educated before he decided to walk about in a piece of cloth for whatever reason.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hax View Post

Where I live, I am happy that the nation-wide consensus is not (yet) "Oh, you can hit (Muslim) men and throw eggs at them." It's repulsive, abhorrent and you should be ashamed, as far as I reckon, for even proposing such a thing. It's disgusting.
    well, I just want to point out that those protesters are attacking helpless women and children, group who had little to no chance of retaliation... so they have done more horrible things than attacking men who clearly shown to hit back their attackers (but still overwhelmed by numbers though).

Not meant I advising violence against men, but in every society and culture, women and children are generally should be more protected, don't they?

women are generally should be more protected, don't they?
    Bah.

Bah.
    You don't want it to be true so it can't be true?

You don't want it to be true so it can't be true?
    No I'm saying it's not my view on things.

But how can you deny it?

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

The natural tendency to not harm women and children?

lol. Women and children are most commonly those getting the tom kicked out of them, because men who use violence are generaly cowards. People who start/go looking for fights are generaly cowards. These Greeks are cowards

See the trend?
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Maaaaaan, it's been much too long since I egged and stoned something.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

White trash meh. No fan of Islam but this is idiotic

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    The natural tendency to not harm women and children?

lol. Women and children are most commonly those getting the tom kicked out of them, because men who use violence are generaly cowards. People who start/go looking for fights are generaly cowards. These Greeks are cowards

See the trend?
    /thread

But how can you deny it?
    I don't even care what other peoples stance is on this. If you feel that way, kudos to you, but I don't.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast