Thread: December 7: The French Revolution 2.0

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Default December 7: The French Revolution 2.0

The date for the new Revolution has been set. It will be the seventh of December, 2010.

http://www.bankrun2010.com/

Not the streets will be taken over. That's passé, and anyway needs to be done in summer. Brrr, much too cold now.
    Instead, the global internets will be taken over, starting with Facebook and the .org.

To be executed as an enemy of the people are the world's financial nobility, the banks, and their system of opression. The means is a coordinated withdrawl of cash from the banks, to crash the system.
    As is customary, any French Revolution has universal aspirations. All free citizens of the world are invited to join. To all you unfree, all subjects, all trampled peoples: our legions will come to liberate you.

STOP BANQUE!!
    INITIATIVE CITOYENNE SPONTANÉE!!!
    RÉVOLUTION!!

LE 7 DÉCEMBRE ALLONS TOUS RETIRER NOTRE ARGENT DES BANQUES!

(plus d'infos et participation:) http://stopbanque.blogspot.com/

Je vous invite sincèrement à nous rejoindre dans notre effort vous qui savez plus que quiconque qu'il y a quelque chose de chaotique dans le paradigme des bulles virtuelles...
    Notre démarche est Légale, Libérale, Pacifique, Laïque, Apolitique et Non Syndicalisée.

Merci d'avoir donner de l'attention à ce courrier.
    Cordialement, un citoyen.
    Last edited by Louis VI the Fat; 11-21-2010 at 00:00.
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

L'Etranger Senior Member Banquo's Ghost's Avatar
    Hunting the Snark, a long way from Tipperary...

Default Re: December 7: The French Revolution 2.0

Interesting concept, though you of all people should know that a true revolution requires blood. The paper cut from a crisp, newly dispensed euro-note does not count.

Crashing the system will not hurt the banks - just ordinary people who cannot do their shopping. In fact, the banks will be able to use the crash to retain your money for longer in their vaults, earning untold extra interest.

What have we come to when even the French eschew the barricades because 'tis cold? Mes amis, burn things!! Burn it all!!
    "If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"

BrownWings: AirViceMarshall Senior Member Furunculus's Avatar

hilarious, i shall cheer-on my revolutionary compatriots............ from this side of the channel. :D
    Furunculus Maneuver: Adopt a highly logical position on a controversial subject where you cannot disagree with the merits of the proposal, only disagree with an opinion based on fundamental values. - Beskar

Éric Cantona talks revolution, complete with red sweater.

For our American friends, Cantona is very famous for his paintings, movies, photography, but above all for his succesful career as philosopher,

Not everything

Lol, my bank is financing my student life ever since I almost had to stop studying due to a lack of government money and a job that pays well enough...
    Don't see why I would bite the hand that feeds me, plus they were not very involved in the recent crisis as far as I'm aware.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Ooh ahh Cantona is indeed a philosopher. He's keen on sardines and seagulls as well!
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post

For our American friends, Cantona is very famous for his paintings, movies, photography, but above all for his succesful career as philosopher,

lol those subtitles go so fast u cant read them sometimes :P

it is a lot of bs btw.

if 10 million people go to the banks to witdraw their money... 9.9 million will return empty handed XD

and also as always the french are late and the dutch have been there. as seen before with the collapse of the DSB they will find a way to make sure that no everyone can retrieve their money at once.
    Last edited by The Stranger; 11-21-2010 at 16:45.

We do not sow.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo's Ghost View Post
    the French eschew the barricades because 'tis cold? Mes amis, burn things!! Burn it all!!
    It's not cold, why yesterday you didn't even need a coat to be out and about over here -- so in a country where sunny weather with a few clouds and temperatures of 20C is considered “il fait fraîs”, how cold can it possibly be?
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

I'll support anything King Eric supports.
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache View Post
    Ooh ahh Cantona is indeed a philosopher. He's keen on sardines and seagulls as well!
    Never mind the bollox, cock*! Do what the young Apache would have done! Join in and let's have at these *******.

Anarchy in the EU, it's coming sometime, maybe!

* Not an instrument to mate or fondle, but a word for mate in manc
    Last edited by Banquo's Ghost; 11-22-2010 at 13:37. Reason: Adjusted the language a tad
    Not everything

pardon my klatchian Member al Roumi's Avatar

"C'est pas complique" No indeed, and therein may lie the problem.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

I love the smell of a new republic in the morning
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Standing Up For Rationality Senior Member Ronin's Avatar

artificially creating a bank run is about on the same level of intelligence as those guys you see in the Darwin Awards that try to open a grenade with a chain-saw.
    "If given the choice to be the shepherd or the sheep... be the wolf"
    -Josh Homme
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!"
    - Calvin

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post

For our American friends, Cantona is very famous for his paintings, movies, photography, but above all for his succesful career as philosopher
    When the bank runs out of money and he is told to leave emptyhanded during this "revolution", will he jump the counter and kick the teller?
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo's Ghost View Post
    Interesting concept, though you of all people should know that a true revolution requires blood. The paper cut from a crisp, newly dispensed euro-note does not count.

Crashing the system will not hurt the banks - just ordinary people who cannot do their shopping. In fact, the banks will be able to use the crash to retain your money for longer in their vaults, earning untold extra interest.

What have we come to when even the French eschew the barricades because 'tis cold? Mes amis, burn things!! Burn it all!!
    Agreed.

Bankers are notorious for their work hours. They'll shut the doors if the vault runs dry.

I'm not taking this seriously. If I was, I'd say...well...you know what happens to the guy in the red shirt.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Are you revolutionaries unionized?
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Real money is a minute part of banking. If a bank runs out of real money nothing really happens. Such an obvious fad isn't going to rattle a bank.
    If everyone moved their savings, their current account and their salary into another institution that'd be more likely to do something. Such as cross-bank lending or lending from the central bank. If it gets really bad the bank would get taken over by the bigger bank where you've moved your savings and current account to...

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Depends on the bank. There are cash and liquidity norms a consumer bank must satisfy and this is typically backed by the worth of the cash plus other assets a bank has, so a proper bank run (all at once) equals the death penalty for the bank: it's not just the real money that evaporates at that point, it is also the customer base. No account holders means that the bank has no assets and no assets means the end of any company.

But 50 Frenchmen who won't dare to take to the streets because of cool temperatures are likely unable to cause a proper bank run.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.