Thread: Battles Crash!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Watching over the city of Venezia. (Venice)
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Battles Crash!

Whenever I start up a custom battle or quick battle, it goes to the loading screen then when you hear the scroll unwind, it blacks out and gives me the message "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit." I want to do battles when I'm in campaign but every time I do, it gives me this and exits out, leaving my preciously gained progress unsaved. Is there a fix to this? (Image below)

"Please continue with your threats; I would hate to submit to implication alone." -Cicero.

Default Re: Battles Crash!

I was having the same problem for a while, too. It turns out that, at least in my case, the problem was caused by unpacking the game files: there were two files that had something wrong with them, and need to be deleted. They both had "geography" in the name (I believe they were "\data\descr_geography"). Deleting those two files fixed the problem.

I hope that helps. :)

I found the place I originally read about the fix at:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=73931

It's the "data\descr_geography_new.txt" and "data\descr_geography_new.db" files that need to be deleted, for anyone that doesn't want to bother with the link.

Watching over the city of Venezia. (Venice)
    Blog Entries

Weird. I can't find those files anywhere in the m2tw folder. I unpacked everything...
    "Please continue with your threats; I would hate to submit to implication alone." -Cicero.