Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Walking Dead (Tv Series)

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Re: The Walking Dead (Tv Series)

I'll certainly will buy it once I find it, zombies are always awesome, period. Glad to hear season 2 is longer

Member Senior Member Proletariat's Avatar

I just caught the last two episodes of the second season and wow, they really vindicate any short comings from earlier on. I can't really tell if the story has become decidedly more character or plot based, but whichever, the story is a lot more compelling now. Before I found myself sticking with the show merely for the gorgeous grit and stylistic sets, but now it feels like there is so much more depth. For anyone half way through or just still on the fence, it's worth going a little further.

I thought I heard or read something about the original authors of the show being fired and new writers being brought in. Maybe that's the difference.

Can't wait, I liked the first season but it lacked the complexity of the commics. It had a few really memorable scenes though, like the rooftop scene where the undead just appear midscene without any tadaaaaaaaa. That was clever. Or the half eaten girl. Why no zombie-movie/game thought up the ultimate shock is beyond me though, there should be hanged zombies, infected people are bound to commit suicide.

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    ... there should be hanged zombies, infected people are bound to commit suicide.
    That was a memorable scene in Series 2, iirc. As the survivors commented, the hanging man really did not think it through.

You didn't lie, watched the first two episodes of season two and it's much more gripping

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12