Thread: 8000 Cals a day and 62 Pounds

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Default 8000 Cals a day and 62 Pounds

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...729805,00.html

I thought this was interesting so I posted it.

The most I ever consumed was about 5,000 daily and that was at the height of powerlifting and being 250lbs.

Consuming 5,000 cals a day everyday was freaking painful.

My mind is blown at 8,000

She never eats salad and doesn't touch fruit, either. Her eating behavior corresponds to the clichéd image of the US teenager who eats nothing but junk food.
    A reporter once wrote that she has to eat a meal every 15 minutes. Nonsense, says Lizzie. It is true, however, that she feels hungry far more often than normal people do. If she ignores the impulse, her energy level soon plummets. Because she has no reserves at all, a lack of food becomes quickly and seriously noticeable.
    It is well known that the body craves simple fats, carbs, and salts (All of which are found in abundance in junk food) perhaps there is a correlation?
    Last edited by Strike For The South; 11-30-2010 at 05:48.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Default Re: 8000 Cals a day and 62 Pounds

Shouldn't they do some surgeries on her, fix her up? And why is her face blurred?

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

OK, clearly it's not self-absorption as that'd be easy to work out. I'd go with a metabolic problem - de-linked mitochondria or circular metabolic pathways. But with that I am surprised her frame can dissipate the amount of heat that this would create. Maybe her body is used to it?

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

pardon my klatchian Member al Roumi's Avatar

She must have appalingly inefficient digestion. Sorry to lower the tone but she must also defecate rather regularly. poor thing!

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Maybe she should marry the guy without a forehead. They'd make a beautiful couple.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rory_20_uk View Post
    OK, clearly it's not self-absorption as that'd be easy to work out. I'd go with a metabolic problem - de-linked mitochondria or circular metabolic pathways. But with that I am surprised her frame can dissipate the amount of heat that this would create. Maybe her body is used to it?

Though, it could be there is an issue simply to do with energy storage. This is why she keeps having to eat, because she needs the constant supply of energy, but even then, it doesn't all have to be used at once. So instead of having a car with a fuel tank to store the petrol, she needs to be constantly feed instead. So the vast majority of the 'food' she eats, just passes through her anyway.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

But with that I am surprised her frame can dissipate the amount of heat that this would create. Maybe her body is used to it?

Wait, are you suggesting that she dumps a lot or sweats a lot?

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

I'm guessing she may be physically putting 8000 kcal into her mouth, but most of them are going right through her. Some sort of stomach/intestinal problem where she can't absorb nutrients properly. Either that or the most ravenous tapeworm known to man.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Blog Entries

Any doctor with half a brain can see if someone's faecal matter is normal or not, and diagnose malabsorbtion.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

What's frightening is that some people seem to envy her.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Down with dried flowers!

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

She must have one huge tapeworm...
    RIP Tosa

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

That poor thing!

I am fascinated by her view that she is blessed. Special. I find that odd, but I can also understand why she'd think that. It's a fascinating thought.
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    That poor thing!

I am fascinated by her view that she is blessed. Special. I find that odd, but I can also understand why she'd think that. It's a fascinating thought.
    She thinks that because she's touched in the head. That or her brain doesn't receive the nutrients it requires.

Down with dried flowers!

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    That poor thing!

We are all blessed in some ways that to others might be strange or unexplainable. For me, my abnormally large penis causes many issues for me like getting a pair of jeans to fit me properly or the constant harrassment I recieve from TSA agents while traveling. Many would find this to be more of a curse but I find it as a great benifit especially when I need to see how deep a pool is or whether I need to clean my ear and i don't have a q-tip....
    Last edited by Devastatin Dave; 12-02-2010 at 01:42. Reason: My penis fell on the keyboard while I was typing
    RIP Tosa

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devastatin Dave View Post
    We are all blessed in some ways that to others might be strange or unexplainable. For me, my abnormally large penis causes many issues for me like getting a pair of jeans to fit me properly or the constant harrassment I recieve from TSA agents while traveling. Many would find this to be more of a curse but I find it as a great benifit especially when I need to see how deep a pool is or whether I need to clean my ear and i don't have a q-tip....
    This.Made.My.Day

Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Quote Originally Posted by DD
    Last edited by Devastatin Dave; Today at 18:42. Reason: My penis fell on the keyboard while I was typing
    LOL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Devastatin Dave View Post
    That thin, huh?

L'Etranger Senior Member Banquo's Ghost's Avatar
    Hunting the Snark, a long way from Tipperary...

That thin, huh?

But prehensile. Gives a whole new meaning to the concept of swinging.
    "If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Nice to have a kick stand when all the seats on the bus are taken.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*