Thread: "Hegemony - Philip of Macedon" Game

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Arrow "Hegemony - Philip of Macedon" Game

The "Hegemony - Philip of Macedon" thread has been moved to the Arena and merged with the existing Hegemony discussion; but I forgot to create a redirect. Click here to go to the new thread.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Default Re: "Hegemony - Philip of Macedon" Game

$3.00 right now on steam! Check it out EB guys who don't visit Arena.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

finaly got it, great game but it severely need an EB mod and the "XXXX is under siege", "XXXX is beeing captured" and "Enemy troops have landed in XXXX" notifications as when fighting somewhere else the flashing "enemy troops seighted" and your troops are involves in combat" lights are not a sufficient warning of illyrians who are just captureing a city while the garrison plays sitting ducks. :(

that's why I simply captured all illyrian "cities" until i reached the map's end :D before I even started invading Tessaly XD
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Putt View Post
    finaly got it, great game but it severely need an EB mod and the "XXXX is under siege", "XXXX is beeing captured" and "Enemy troops have landed in XXXX" notifications as when fighting somewhere else the flashing "enemy troops seighted" and your troops are involves in combat" lights are not a sufficient warning of illyrians who are just captureing a city while the garrison plays sitting ducks. :(

that's why I simply captured all illyrian "cities" until i reached the map's end :D before I even started invading Tessaly XD
    I might do the same but the athenians like to get some triemes together and land forces on the coastline below my capital city occassionally.... I tried to invade them but their cities are so close together i cant pick them off instead having to seige two very well garrisoned walled cities. ugg decimated my forces attempting to do that.

I might try doing that against the Illyrians like you did they've been harrassing my western border for a long time.
    Last edited by Marcus Darkstar; 01-17-2011 at 16:27.

yeah had the same problem but one phalanx two scouts pella milita and some spearmen as garrison for the region sufficed while the southern fort took care of all of the tyrants's troops. also helped with the trireme kill count ;) And I got thrown out of olooson which kind of put me off for a while. all this together motivated me to vanquish the illrians before going south plus i hoped to get the agrianians but due to strange AI behavior is still on the agenda(you have to kill 20 cav units of the balkan tribes or conquer all their "cities" but they only train javelineers and spearmen and their cities almost stretch to the black sea)

now i finaly conquered attica (and almost everything else ^^) tho they stil occasionaly invade from some remote islands :(
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth