Thread: This Week's 'Yet Another Islamic Terrorist Discovered' Thread

Default This Week's 'Yet Another Islamic Terrorist Discovered' Thread

Since the highly efficient 'Evil Islam' thread has been unceremoniously shut down, I thought that a narrower topic could be created that would still help to keep the Backroom tidy. Sadly, I fear there will be plenty of Islam-inspired terror and violence to come, so why not keep it all in one place?

This week's crazy muslim terrorist event comes from Baltimore, where for the second time in America in less than a month a Muslim gentleman attempted to detonate an FBI-supplied bomb that he thought would kill scores of people.

A Baltimore construction worker was charged Wednesday with plotting to blow up a military recruiting station in Maryland after the FBI learned of his radical leanings on Facebook, joined his plot and supplied him with a fake car bomb that he tried to detonate, federal officials said.

Antonio Martinez, 21, a U.S. citizen who recently converted to Islam and changed his name to Muhammad Hussain, declared on his Facebook page that he hates "Any 1 who opposes Allah." Those kinds of postings, brought to the FBI's attention, sparked an intensive investigation involving an undercover agent, a secret informant and a chilling plot to kill military personnel in the United States because they were killing Muslims overseas, according to an FBI affidavit filed Wednesday.

Martinez was so intent on carrying out the attack on the Catonsville recruiting station that he approached at least three people to join in what he saw as his mission, court papers say. Another - whom Martinez knew as his "Afghani brother" - was actually an undercover FBI agent.

The arrest is the latest in a series of cases in which federal authorities have used undercover operatives to monitor extremists, secretly befriend those suspected of plotting terror attacks and, in some cases, even to provide the means to carry them out.

Last month, undercover agents in Oregon helped a man who set out to kill thousands at a Christmas tree lighting ceremony prepare a bomb (which was fake), then arrested him after he tried to detonate it in a crowded public square. In October, federal agents posing as Islamic radicals met with a Northern Virginia man later accused of plotting to bomb Washington area Metro stations.

Default Re: This Week's 'Yet Another Islamic Terrorist Discovered' Thread

Interesting take on justice...

"OK, we found a nutcase. Let's befriend him, boost his nuttiness, supply him with fake bombs, and then get him in the act."

One wonders, would he have tried to blow people up without FBI help?
    Few are born with it, even fewer know what to do with it.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Meh, it's Baltimore. Who doesn't want to blow it up?

On a serious note, how far can the FBI go before it becomes entrapment?
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

[QUOTE=PanzerJaeger;2053234680]Since the highly efficient 'Evil Islam' thread has been unceremoniously shut down.../QUOTE]

Not so! We've taken great pains to make each closing a special ceremony of its own. Banquo usually plays "Dirge for the Unmourned" on his ocarina whilst Arach and I take turns with a bean sidhe-like keening. At the conclusion of the piece we all march widdershins around a bust of Tosa and bow respectfully to one another. The thread is then formally closed.

Note: the above may be entirely fiction.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In California, the FBI continues to attempt to create terrorists:
    IRVINE, CALIF. - Before the sun rose, the informant donned a white Islamic robe. A tiny camera was sewn into a button, and a microphone was buried in a device attached to his keys.

"This is Farouk al-Aziz, code name Oracle," he said into the keys as he sat in his parked car in this quiet community south of Los Angeles. "It's November 13th, 4:30 a.m. And we're hot."

The undercover FBI informant - a convicted forger named Craig Monteilh - then drove off for 5 a.m. prayers at the Islamic Center of Irvine, where he says he spied on dozens of worshipers in a quest for potential terrorists.
    In the Irvine case, Monteilh's mission as an informant backfired. Muslims were so alarmed by his talk of violent jihad that they obtained a restraining order against him.

He had helped build a terrorism-related case against a mosque member, but that also collapsed. The Justice Department recently took the extraordinary step of dropping charges against the worshiper, who Monteilh had caught on tape agreeing to blow up buildings, law enforcement officials said. Prosecutors had portrayed the man as a dire threat.

Compounding the damage, Monteilh has gone public, revealing secret FBI methods and charging that his "handlers" trained him to entrap Muslims as he infiltrated their mosques, homes and businesses. He is now suing the FBI.
    CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shibumi View Post
    One wonders, would he have tried to blow people up without FBI help?
    Also wonder about that, sounds like a loony who isn't all that bright. I mean using facebook.

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Does the FBI do the same thing with Christian extremists / militia nutters / white supremacy groups / tea party activists?

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Equality of opportunity?
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by rory_20_uk View Post
    Does the FBI do the same thing with Christian extremists / militia nutters / white supremacy groups / tea party activists?
    There have certainly been lots of claims of that happening.

No idea how true they are though. But now, I don't see why they shouldn't be....
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Entrapment is a serious claim.

Over here, the police is not allowed to push people like this...

What does the US laws say?

In the Irvine case, Monteilh's mission as an informant backfired. Muslims were so alarmed by his talk of violent jihad that they obtained a restraining order against him.
    This is interesting, don't you think, Panzer?
    This space intentionally left blank.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hax View Post
    Clearly he wasn't doing it right
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Yeah, he just wasn't able to locate the terrorist G-spot.

Yeah, he just wasn't able to locate the terrorist G-spot.

Put them on a pillow so there hips are facing up, now using the nail of your thumb you

It's just not worth the warning points anymore

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

NAIL?!?!?

It's only supposed to bleed the first time, ya know....

Quote Originally Posted by HoreTore View Post
    NAIL?!?!?

It's only supposed to bleed the first time, ya know....
    wait.....blood=bad?

you know you when touch a womans breast and it feels like a bag of sand....thats awesome

I also wondered about the "nail" part..

Back to my previous question, how far can the police push people to do crime? Anyone know what the law say? I know this is very different from country to country.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good dose of anti-big government paranoia just as much as the next guy. However, if all it takes is some guy to tell you that an explosive-laden truck is in position to get you to push the button, you might be a terrorist... or close enough that you probably should be removed from society.

Not as interesting as this:

He had helped build a terrorism-related case against a mosque member, but that also collapsed. The Justice Department recently took the extraordinary step of dropping charges against the worshiper, who Monteilh had caught on tape agreeing to blow up buildings, law enforcement officials said.
    So all it takes is hanging out in a Mosque for a few weeks talking about America to get someone to agree to blow up buildings? Somehow I'm not impressed.
    Last edited by Banquo's Ghost; 12-10-2010 at 12:50. Reason: All letters of a profanity should be obscured

Although apparently, the general consensus of those mosque-goers is that people who want to blow stuff up are bad and should be reported to the FBI, which they promptly did.

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJaeger View Post
    So all it takes is hanging out in a Mosque for a few weeks talking about America to get someone to agree to blow up buildings? Somehow I'm not impressed.
    Hang around me for a few weeks and I'll agree to whack thousands.
    Last edited by Banquo's Ghost; 12-10-2010 at 12:50. Reason: Edited quote

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

I suppose the entrapping Swedish Intelligence Agency forgot to halt these Islamic terrorists before they bombed Christmas shoppers:

One person has been killed and at least one other hurt as two explosions rocked the centre of the Swedish capital, Stockholm, reports say.
    A car blew up near the busy shopping street of Drottninggatan, and another explosion hit nearby shortly afterwards, AP quoted police as saying.
    Hector Eguia filmed this video of the second explosion.
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

lol@Sweden indeed, the most islamphilic nation in the world rofl=you