Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bill Clinton is President again...

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

Default Re: Bill Clinton is President again...

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were his speaker. Whenever I challenge his statements should I go to you for clarification on what they mean?
    Kinda like Clinton speaking for Obama, the original intent of the entire thread ... Did you ever watch the video of the "president" basically running away to go out on a date when my country is going the path of Greece and having a president from 3 administrations ago to answer for this administrations policies...
    Last edited by Devastatin Dave; 12-12-2010 at 17:15.
    RIP Tosa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfAvQp-Uk5I

I await my warning for existing....
    RIP Tosa

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

Quote Originally Posted by Devastatin Dave View Post
    Kinda like Clinton speaking for Obama, the original intent of the entire thread ...
    Now now, we get to hear Obama's opinion all the time. Sometimes it's nice to hear from other people as well.

The President came out and anounced he had an event to attend, and that he would let the press speak with Clinton over the topics they disscussed. He then left to keep his appointments.

Also, Obama won the presidency because he knew how to speak to people in a calm and understandable way, that let people feel that he understood and could master the situation. His opponents also all seemed to be towing along some baggage which isolated them from many voters that would have otherwise likely voted for them. It really had little to do with "Affirmative Action" or "Steroids."
    Last edited by Yoyoma1910; 12-12-2010 at 17:29.

My kingdom for a .

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfAvQp-Uk5I

I await my warning for existing....
    Yes, well Dave, just because you are Black doesn't mean you should expect privileges around here.

I'm very dissapointed you couldn't resist pulling out your race card again.

Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    I'm very dissapointed you couldn't resist pulling out your race card again.
    Well at least he isn't pulling out the same "thing" you pull out every chance you get......
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoreTore View Post
    Well at least he isn't pulling out the same "thing" you pull out every chance you get......
    Em... this is DevDave you are talking about, you know.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyfelwyr View Post
    Em... this is DevDave you are talking about, you know.
    I raise the battle cry... HOW LONG IS YOUR DONG!!!!
    RIP Tosa

Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post

Love it.

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

saDD saDDer saDDest XDD

We do not sow.

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

HOW LONG IS YOUR DONG!!!!
    Crazed Rabbit, Husar and Louis walk into The Guinness Book of world records HQ.

Rabbit claims he has the world's smallest biceps. Husar claims he has the world's smallest chest. Louis claims he has the world's smallest penis.

Rabbit goes in for testing first. A bit later, he emerges triumphantly: 'wow, I really have the world's smallest arm muscles!' Husar's next. After being tested by the Guinness Book, he comes out: 'wow, I really have the world's least manly chest!'
    Louis goes in. Soon, loud screaming is heard. As Louis storms out he shouts: "WHO THE **** IS THIS JUSTIN BIEBER!?'
    Last edited by Louis VI the Fat; 12-13-2010 at 02:32.
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJaeger View Post
    Dave certainly needs no one to speak for him.

I was genuinely impressed at your ability to infer from that innocuous twelve word statement such a long, clichéd racial diatribe culminating in - wait for it - a reference to "Birth of a Nation"! It was truly beautiful.
    Thank you, it's almost as impressive as your ability to interpret any act of Obama as a failure. I'm sure when Santa comes by the White House to give Obama's children presents, you will be screaming about how much of it was on the taxpayer's dime.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Dave:

Obama's choice to use President Clinton as spokesperson was one of the shrewder tactics I have seen him employ. Whoever had the idea should get a bonus.

At the moment, Obama is tarred, rightly or wrongly, with the results of November's elections. He is being forced into a deal on an issue he disagrees with -- but knows full well that to NOT do a deal now, when he does have a goodly cadre of Dem votes, however lame-ducked, is likely to get him less of what he seeks long term. So, how to sell it to the faithful and begin the effort to acquire a second term?

Enter William Jefferson Clinton. Viewed by Democrats as a centrist, personally popular, glib and comfortable in front of the camera. Presto -- now this deal is not merely Obama "caving," but a reluctant necessity that Democrat leadership TOGETHER views as the most reasonable step forward.

Also, Clinton ends up serving as a visible reminder that a seated President can get his political posterior HAMMERED in a Congressional election and still come back for a second term that is as dynamic as the first. Dozens of references to the "parallel" were made by the same media who got a kick out of being a little surprised (no 3 weeks of vetting and leaks prior) by the move. Setting this message up is vital to keeping the GOP off balance -- "remember what happened in 1996 when you over-reached and didn't play the game" -- and to beginning the comeback kid image that Barack will play off during the 2012 campaign.

Panzer:

Of course Dave was touching on a racist labelling, and was undoubtedly well aware of it when he did so. Yes, DD is not the one responsible for the label as noted above, nothing he posted vis-a-vis the "black" labeling was his original effort.

Nevertheless, as ACIN demonstrated, certain referants do "chain out" from this kind of label. Many if not all of us carry a host of connotative associations with loaded terms or phrasings -- and labeling Clinton the "first black president" was an effort to do just that. Though the original author may quibble about WHICH association they were attempting to evoke, the attempt to play off these connotations was specifically intended.

Much of the right-winger punditry crowd glommed onto this term with absolute GLEE. They enjoyed clubbing Clinton with it because, in their eyes, it seemed to be yet another example of Left Wing racism towards minorities (Note: it has been a right-winger position for some time that emphasizing victim status and the need for minorities to be "assisted" is a functionally racist stance -- despite how it may have been intended -- that is nearly as detremtal to society as old-school racism).

All-in-all, race has been the bane of US politics, twisting and distorting our efforts as a polity and a society, since our founding. Each step we take to excise it's effect is a good one and brings us a bit closer to what should be. It is silly that we should have to applaud a "first black" or "first woman" status for anybody -- and yet we have to do so. Eventually we will get past this inanity. It is certainly demonstrably better even in my lifetime. Regrettably, it is not finished.

I have opposed the Obama presidency from the outset. I like neither his administration's outlook nor most of its policies. I think his experience in executive leadership was limited and dis-like how much "catch up" baseball his administration has been playing in many areas (though THAT is hardly a hallmark of his administration alone). I voted for Hilary in my local primary to try to siphon off votes and keep him from locking the nomination until the convention. I voted for people who will oppose most of his policy initiatives in the last federal election. I will continue to oppose him.

But I am proud that a man "of color" could finally get elected to the office. Our history is better for that much at least.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    Dave:

Obama's choice to use President Clinton as spokesperson was one of the shrewder tactics I have seen him employ. Whoever had the idea should get a bonus.

At the moment, Obama is tarred, rightly or wrongly, with the results of November's elections. He is being forced into a deal on an issue he disagrees with -- but knows full well that to NOT do a deal now, when he does have a goodly cadre of Dem votes, however lame-ducked, is likely to get him less of what he seeks long term. So, how to sell it to the faithful and begin the effort to acquire a second term?

Enter William Jefferson Clinton. Viewed by Democrats as a centrist, personally popular, glib and comfortable in front of the camera. Presto -- now this deal is not merely Obama "caving," but a reluctant necessity that Democrat leadership TOGETHER views as the most reasonable step forward.

Also, Clinton ends up serving as a visible reminder that a seated President can get his political posterior HAMMERED in a Congressional election and still come back for a second term that is as dynamic as the first. Dozens of references to the "parallel" were made by the same media who got a kick out of being a little surprised (no 3 weeks of vetting and leaks prior) by the move. Setting this message up is vital to keeping the GOP off balance -- "remember what happened in 1996 when you over-reached and didn't play the game" -- and to beginning the comeback kid image that Barack will play off during the 2012 campaign.

I see your points to an extend. What Clinton did show was he could field question not already supplied to his audience like most of the current occupant of the White House and was able to answer them without demonizing those that disagree with him. Obama can make pretty statements supplied to him through a telepromter but if you take him off script its becomes an exercise in futility. The man hardly ever has press conferences and finally when he has one of the most important one dealing with the most important issue in a our current history, he punts it (using an American Football anology and even though the NFL is mostly black, I hope our overly sensitive Euro-weenie and American leftists here do not find it offensive) back to an administration from 10 years ago. I do not find this move brilliant or well calculated. I see a person that was has been placed into office mostly on racial guilt and an attempt to satisfy the need for this country to right her wrongs even though the blood of over 600,000 could not wash it away in many people's eyes. All Obama knows how to do is campaign and play by the Alinsky playbook. His ability to be an executive has thus far failed. Its unfortunate that many refuse to see his failings. Its even more comical as Obama continues the same wars that Bush started and most on these boards deplored but yet I hardly hear a peep from them. When the disaster on the coast happened we saw a man more disingaged than Bush at Katrina but again the sound of crickets were loader than the punching of keys on the keyboard. I think most here are suffering from the racism of low expectations, to coin a phrase by Obama's predicessor.

Oh well....
    RIP Tosa

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

The fact that we are still arguing the semantics of our melanin content says more about us than the melanin content.

I realize it's cliché and impractical to ask to move beyond race but damn guys have we not beat this thing to death?
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    The fact that we are still arguing the semantics of our melanin content says more about us than the melanin content.

I realize it's cliché and impractical to ask to move beyond race but damn guys have we not beat this thing to death?

Your mom beat this thing to death.

Oh yeah, What's up, what's up. Who's throwing cliché and beating it to death now
    Last edited by Yoyoma1910; 12-16-2010 at 04:46.

My kingdom for a .

Standing Up For Rationality Senior Member Ronin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoyoma1910 View Post
    Your mom beat this thing to death.

Oh yeah, What's up, what's up. Who's throwing cliché and beating it to death now
    I was expecting you use the "yo momma" phrasing.....it just seemed natural given your username.

other than that....carry on sir.
    "If given the choice to be the shepherd or the sheep... be the wolf"
    -Josh Homme
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!"
    - Calvin

Ah this thread has had me choking on laughter like a pig with a slit throat.

Louis, is there a way I can subscribe to each post you make?

I naturally side against the american president and the Norwegian.

But you must admit, a matter is become quite serious when even STFS feels obliged to speak sincerely...

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

Right wing started calling him that because he had sex with someone in the White House and and started continuing perpetuating the long held idea of the "savage" black, fighting and having sex with all the white women. See the movie: "Birth of a Nation". The NAACP might have created the term because they felt Clinton was actually responding to the needs of the poor (unlike the right wing powerhouse presidents before him)
    Birth of a nation? Lol. get out of your fishbowl buddy.

oh and the naacp might care that he tried to help the black poor i doubt they really give a **** about poor white americans

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion1 View Post
    Birth of a nation? Lol. get out of your fishbowl buddy.

oh and the naacp might care that he tried to help the black poor i doubt they really give a **** about poor white americans
    Umm you should hop out of the echo chamber in your head before you make baseless statements. Pretty sure when you help the poor, you help...the poor. Not black poor, or Hispanic poor or white poor, you help all of the poor in general. There is not a clause for extra money simply because you are black.

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

He didn't say which poor were helped, merely that there was not the interest in helping the white poor by a specific organisation.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by rory_20_uk View Post
    He didn't say which poor were helped, merely that there was not the interest in helping the white poor by a specific organisation.

ooooh. The poor grammar was confusing. I was taking it as two separate sentences and attributed the "they" to the government. As for that well...yeah, that's their job. What's the problem?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12