Page 1 of 97 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: [Council of Villains] A State of Corruption [Concluded]

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Default [Council of Villains] A State of Corruption [Concluded]

Darkness.

Silence.

In the deep depths of space, there is no light. There are no sounds. It is an eerie sort of quiet, a nothingness that chills to the bone and fills one with despair. An eternity could be spent in such a state without interaction with any other living being.

And it this feeling of emptiness, which the Hunter had been so accustomed to in short durations, that now occupied every fiber of her being. That is, until it began.

Suddenly, blinding light.

A surge of warmth. Power. Life. Existence.

But despite the surge of energy, the Hunter could not shake the feeling of a shadow, hovering over her mind and watching her thoughts. It was ever present, and seemed imposing until it was concentrated upon, after which it would dissipate and reform in another spot. But the Hunter did not mind the Presence, because the Presence told her not to mind it. The Presence was what gave her life, and strength, and the Hunter liked such familiar feelings, so long deprived of them.

The Hunter slowly opened her eyes, which glowed an unnatural red.

All was blurry at first, and she saw only a large silhouette against the bright light, towering over her.

“BWAHAHAHAHAR!”

-------------------------------------------------------

Chaotix presents...

A STATE OF CORRUPTION

Note: All write-ups (including the one above) have music links embedded in the text. I encourage you to click them to make the experience more immersive.

Welcome, everyone. This is the third large game in my Council of Villains series, entitled “A State of Corruption”.

I’m not going to give too many details about the game; a large part of it is you figuring it out as you go along. You might think of this game as something of a cross between Sigurd’s Star Wars and TinCow’s Rubicon, but it’s more nuanced than that. I mention Sigurd’s Star Wars and not ATPG’s sequel to the game, because there is a power-up system, but it is much more simplified and nowhere near as complicated as Fall of the Order’s.

Basically, you can think of there being two towns, two mafias, and perhaps a few who don’t fit into any of those categories. And everyone will have the ability to gain powers both offensive and defensive- though it is never guaranteed.

As for the story, I won’t say a word on what’s come. It will all become clear in time. However, since the last Council of Villains game was so long ago, I’ve prepared a refresher in the form of a flowchart for the events of the past few games:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If you want the full story, I encourage you to take a look at the game threads themselves:

The Council of Villains
    The Missing Link
    The Koopa Troop

The rules are fairly simple; standard affair for mafia games.
    -During the day, you vote for someone to be lynched, using the format Vote: Chaotix. If you want to change your vote, use Unvote: Chaotix first or else your original vote will be the one counted.
    -You may NOT edit your vote out of a post. You may edit a post with a vote in it so long as the edit does not affect the vote.
    -You may Vote: Abstain to show you are present but wish to refrain from voting.
    -Vote: No Lynch is NOT allowed.
    -Dead players can participate, but may NOT vote or reveal previous night actions or sensitive information they knew before their death.
    -Private communications are allowed.
    -Quicktopics, chatrooms, etc. are NOT allowed unless given express permission by the host.
    -Dead players cannot communicate privately unless given express permission by the host.
    -You may quote PMs from other players, as they can be forged. You may not post screenshots, chatlogs, etc.
    -You may NOT quote PMs from the host or your role PM, unless given express permission by the host.
    -You must PM all night actions to the host personally.
    -If you have multiple defenses, you must choose one and PM that to the host; otherwise your defense will be chosen randomly.
    -Clarifications to the rules will be posted by the host if perceived to be unclear. If you are unsure or think I might have missed something, please don’t be afraid to ask questions!

I am looking for at least 35 players to sign up. I would prefer to have 40 to 45 if possible. The game will most likely begin after the end of Star Wars: Fall of the Order. Let’s go!

Sign-ups: (47/50)
    a completely inoffensive name
    AntiKingWarmanCake88
    Askthepizzaguy
    autolycus
    Beefy187
    Beskar
    ByzantineKnight
    Captain Blackadder
    Cecil XIX
    Choxorn
    classical_hero
    Csargo
    dcmort93
    Death is Yonder
    Diamondeye
    Double A
    Frozen in Ice
    Glenn
    God Emperor
    Greyblades
    Insanious
    Ironside
    Jarema
    johnhughthom
    Khazaar
    landlubber
    Link
    Motep
    Nictel
    Nightbringer
    pevergreen
    Rebel Jeb
    Reenk Roink
    Renata
    robbiecon
    Romanic
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Secura
    Seon
    Skooma Addict
    Thefluffyone93
    TinCow
    Winston Hughes
    woad&fangs
    Yaropolk
    Yaseikhaan
    YLC

Reserves:
    Kagemusha
    Raskolnikov

EDIT: I'm really surprised and pleased by the amount of sign-ups I managed to get- this game has beaten both of my previous large games in size. I will extend the sign-ups to a maximum of 50, and the game will start December 27.
    Last edited by Chaotix; 12-31-2010 at 20:16.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Default Re: [Council of Villains] A State of Corruption (Sign-ups)

In.

Cthonic God of Deception Member ULC's Avatar
    In the swirling maddening chaos of the cosmos unseen to man...

In.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

In Please
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Knight of Flowers Member Diamondeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

YESPLEASE
    If God is great, and if God is good, why can't he change the hearts of men?"
    -Tom Waits, "The Road to Peace"

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh come on, and I was trying to not play mafia games, and then all of a sudden, this comes along!

I hate you for forcing my hand like this.

In.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

The .org's resident pirate Member landlubber's Avatar

I'm in.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Epitome of Ephemeral Success Member Death is yonder's Avatar
    A perpetual tropical island by the equator

In please
    You cannot add days to life but you can add life to days.

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    I promise there are no jokers this time, too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    Good.

I must avenge my death, because I am the leader of the bunch, you know me well, I'm finally back, to kick some tail.

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good.

I must avenge my death, because I am the leader of the bunch, you know me well, I'm finally back, to kick some tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix
    “Did somebody page the king of awesome?”
    -Bowser

Bowser

Gwahahahar! You are Bowser, the King of the Koopa, kidnapper of Princess Peach, konquerer of the Mushroom Kingdom, and krusher of the Mario Bros.

What, do you really need me to tell you about yourself? This whole GAME is about YOU. Here’s a brief history of what you’ve done in the past month or so. It all started when Dr. Eggman warped you to his world. Once there, you went through a tough trial where you had to kill all of the traitor villains and the heroes in disguise, including the brother of your arch-nemesis: Luigi. Once that was done, you gained ultimate power using the Super Vague Weapon of Ambiguously Decided Doom- this power came in a small package called the Plot Device Star. You used this power in a not-completely-predictable manner by capturing Princess Peach and forcing Mario and his followers into hiding. Now, however, you’ve got intruders in your castle, and you suspect Mario is among them. In order to keep yourself safe, you’ve disguised yourself as one of your minions.

Your alignment is Koopa. (Town)

Victory Conditions:

Major- Nothing is acceptable except for your complete victory. After all, you deserve nothing less. In order to win, you must survive until the end, keep possession of the Plot Device Star, and kill Mario, as well as anyone else in your castle that is out to get you.

Minor- If, in the worst case scenario, you are killed by Mario (which will totally never happen), you can still hope for your minions to pull through and defeat all the infiltrators for you. If that happens, at least your children will be able to hold the kingdom together.

Abilities:

Disguise- In order to keep yourself safe, (even though you have nothing to be afraid of) you have disguised yourself as one of your minions, Tubba Blubba. When you are not making public announcements, you will take on this disguise and vote as if you were a normal minion. Here is the complete disguise:

“Uh… Five more minutes, mom.”
    -Tubba Blubba

Tubba Blubba

You are Tubba Blubba, a massive and powerful Clubba with a fine taste for Boos.

You were also the one Bowser entrusted to protect the third Star Spirit, Skolar. Bowser made you completely invincible by cutting out your heart and placing it under a windmill- unfortunately, Mario and his Boo friends managed to find said windmill, beat up your heart, and then beat you up after it hopped back in your body. You’re not so invincible any more, but you’re still a loyal member of Bowser’s Koopa Troop.

Your alignment is Koopa. (Town)

Victory Conditions:

Major- Defeat all of the intruders to the castle and keep Bowser from being killed by them as well. Additionally, keep the Plot Device Star in the hands of the Koopa Troop where it belongs.

Minor- If Bowser dies, all is not lost. If you can drive off all of the intruders from the castle, then perhaps the Koopa Troop will survive.

Guards- You have assigned 3 of your most trusted underlings to guard your room during the night. They know your identity and you know theirs, and as long as they live, any attack on your life will fail. These three minions are Boom-Boom (Tratorix), Reznor (Greyblades), and Goomboss (rhawn).

Plot Device Star- The Plot Device Star is currently in your possession. To avoid drawing attention, you will not use its power, but you must end the game in control of it to win. Beware: if you are killed, your killer will take it, and if your true identity becomes known, it will be able to be stolen as well.

I can't find the amazing Bowser's castle theme remix or some such, so this'll have to do

Bastion of Sanity Member Captain Blackadder's Avatar

Sign me up always had fun with this game

Coming Soon to a Gameroom Near You

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

BWAHAHAHAHA.

In.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Double post.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    D'aaaawwwww.....
    But in!
    "They're just overloaded from the spamgasm."-Askthepizzaguy
    "... Either your as destructive as the most depraved 4 channer or so devious that you can cause the most trouble while acting utterly oblivious as to make us think your too dumb to be doing this intentionally... and the scary thing is I cant help but think the latter."-Greyblades
    "Thefluffyone is the greatest thing to happen to the .org since Beefy187."-Askthepizzaguy
    "TheFluffyOne makes me feel moist."-Askthepizzaguy

Blog Entries

In. Why not?

Blog Entries

I just went back and re-read the entire Koopa Troop game. Must say again how good your writeups are, and how much I'm now looking forward to this game (had to remember what the last game was like)

BUT!!!

You never did what you said you would, you never posted the role PMs. You said you would, then nothing. Thread just ends. Dissapointed Chaotix.

In.

The great Shai-Hulud Member God Emperor's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yeah in
    In the game of chess you can never let your adversary see your pieces.

I have got a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel

INTP

I am in this one.

I just went back and re-read the entire Koopa Troop game. Must say again how good your writeups are, and how much I'm now looking forward to this game (had to remember what the last game was like)

BUT!!!

You never did what you said you would, you never posted the role PMs. You said you would, then nothing. Thread just ends. Dissapointed Chaotix.
    I know, I was going to but then I got caught up with all this schoolwork and distracted. I remember that. By the time I had time to post the role PMs, the thread was on the second page and nobody cared any more. Sorry bout that.

Blog Entries

Do you still have them? I'd be interested in seeing them.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am in for some Chaotic fun.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Count me In
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

Looking for a Cul pRit Member Khazaar's Avatar

I´m In!

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Page 1 of 97 123451151 ... LastLast