Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 296

Thread: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

  1. #181
    Terrible Tactician Member Shadowwalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Germania Libera *g*
    Posts
    231

    Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

    Alex version, yes.
    And yes, the MIC's are upgraded - they have to be since there are 2 MIC's in each city. A Polybian one (that gets demolished by the script each turn and repaired by the AI) and a Marian one.
    Unfortunately the script can't really destroy the Polybian MIC's. The huge amount of money needed to repair them each turn seems to be the reason for the sudden death of AI Romani in so many campaigns.
    Finished EB Campaigns: Kart-Hadast 1.0/1.2 | Pontos 1.1 | Arche Seleukeia 1.2 | Hayasdan 1.2 | Sab'yn 1.2 | Makedonia 1.2 (Alex)
    Lost Campaigns (1.2, Alex. exe): Getai | Sab'Yn
    Ongoing campaigns (1.2): SPQR (110 BC) | Sab'yn (217 BC) | Pontos (215 BC)
    from Populus Romanus

    "The state of human ethics can be summarized in two sentences: We ought to. But we don't." (Tucholsky)

  2. #182
    JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the town where I was born.
    Posts
    1,384

    Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowwalker View Post
    Unfortunately the script can't really destroy the Polybian MIC's. The huge amount of money needed to repair them each turn seems to be the reason for the sudden death of AI Romani in so many campaigns.
    That should be resolved, since they will repair them, they should just upgrade the Polybian MICs, still being able to recruit polybian soldiers.

    I mean, the polybian MIC should not be scripted to be damaged. It should just be upgraded.

    Unless I just don't know the Roman MICs.

    ~Jirisys ()
    Last edited by jirisys; 01-31-2012 at 20:14.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

  3. #183
    Terrible Tactician Member Shadowwalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Germania Libera *g*
    Posts
    231

    Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

    No, that's no bug in your mod, it's the way the Polybian -> Marian reform script works.
    Even in a completely vanilla EB 1.2 you will find 2 MIC's in each province within the Polybian AoR after the (EB) Marian reforms, the old Polybian one and a newly spawned Marian one.
    All settlements outside that area get a Marian MIC level 1 spawned when captured.
    A player just destroys the obsolete MIC's in the italian cities but the AI unfortunately isn't able to do so.
    Last edited by Shadowwalker; 01-31-2012 at 21:21.
    Finished EB Campaigns: Kart-Hadast 1.0/1.2 | Pontos 1.1 | Arche Seleukeia 1.2 | Hayasdan 1.2 | Sab'yn 1.2 | Makedonia 1.2 (Alex)
    Lost Campaigns (1.2, Alex. exe): Getai | Sab'Yn
    Ongoing campaigns (1.2): SPQR (110 BC) | Sab'yn (217 BC) | Pontos (215 BC)
    from Populus Romanus

    "The state of human ethics can be summarized in two sentences: We ought to. But we don't." (Tucholsky)

  4. #184
    JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the town where I was born.
    Posts
    1,384

    Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowwalker View Post
    No, that's no bug in your mod, it's the way the Polybian -> Marian reform script works.
    Even in a completely vanilla EB 1.2 you will find 2 MIC's in each province within the Polybian AoR after the (EB) Marian reforms, the old Polybian one and a newly spawned Marian one.
    All settlements outside that area get a Marian MIC level 1 spawned when captured.
    A player just destroys the obsolete MIC's in the italian cities but the AI unfortunately isn't able to do so.
    No, I knew it wasn't a bug. I thought that Polybian and Marian MICs were the same, like Camillan/Polybian.

    So why is it so expensive to repair them? And does it do that every turn?

    ~Jirisys ()
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

  5. #185
    Terrible Tactician Member Shadowwalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Germania Libera *g*
    Posts
    231

    Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

    Quote Originally Posted by jirisys View Post
    So why is it so expensive to repair them? And does it do that every turn?
    (1) The damage dealt is 100% so you basically pay the same amount for the repair as if you'd construct it anew. (I'm not sure if this is really the case - maybe it is "only" the price you get for destroying the building. But even that would be 5000 Mnai for a level 5 MIC.) There are 9 or 10 provinces which can have a polybian MIC. And the AI tends to have them upgraded to level 5 by the time the Marian Reforms happen ....

    (2) Yes, the AI seems to do it every turn (if it has enough money, that is), as far as I can tell it even neglects new constructions (at least a few process_cq tests back in vanilla EB seemed to hint for that, since there never was a building in the queue).
    I also assume that this huge expense is part of the reason for the mass recruitment of Vigiles instead of legionaires (although the stat/cost ratio has a major influence too of course).
    Last edited by Shadowwalker; 01-31-2012 at 21:42.
    Finished EB Campaigns: Kart-Hadast 1.0/1.2 | Pontos 1.1 | Arche Seleukeia 1.2 | Hayasdan 1.2 | Sab'yn 1.2 | Makedonia 1.2 (Alex)
    Lost Campaigns (1.2, Alex. exe): Getai | Sab'Yn
    Ongoing campaigns (1.2): SPQR (110 BC) | Sab'yn (217 BC) | Pontos (215 BC)
    from Populus Romanus

    "The state of human ethics can be summarized in two sentences: We ought to. But we don't." (Tucholsky)

  6. #186
    JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the town where I was born.
    Posts
    1,384

    Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

    Wouldn't it be better to damage it 1%? Since that still disables recruitment, but without the massive cost for the AI.

    ~Jirisys ()
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

  7. #187
    Terrible Tactician Member Shadowwalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Germania Libera *g*
    Posts
    231

    Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

    I'm inclined to agree but I have no idea about R:TW scripting.
    Perhaps there is a reason for damaging it 100%.
    An EB member may be able to explain this.
    Finished EB Campaigns: Kart-Hadast 1.0/1.2 | Pontos 1.1 | Arche Seleukeia 1.2 | Hayasdan 1.2 | Sab'yn 1.2 | Makedonia 1.2 (Alex)
    Lost Campaigns (1.2, Alex. exe): Getai | Sab'Yn
    Ongoing campaigns (1.2): SPQR (110 BC) | Sab'yn (217 BC) | Pontos (215 BC)
    from Populus Romanus

    "The state of human ethics can be summarized in two sentences: We ought to. But we don't." (Tucholsky)

  8. #188
    Member Member Lysimachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    605

    Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

    Hi, I tried your mod pack for the first time and I wanted to let you know that I ran into an issue with the "Traits and ancillaries correction". When I have installed it, I always run into a CTD somewhere in between turns after I complete my second turn. I tried different factions and running it with or without the script activated, but it is always the same. When I revert to my backup, it works though, so I believe I can exclude any other causes (yes, I make Backups and run tests for every fix I install).

    Edit: I'm using the Alexander Version.
    Last edited by Lysimachos; 02-09-2012 at 14:08.
    Read about glory and decline of the Seleucid Empire... (EB 1.1 AAR)

    from Satalexton from I of the Storm from Vasiliyi

  9. #189
    JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the town where I was born.
    Posts
    1,384

    Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

    You used a new campaign, I imagine, just for testing?

    I'll look into this.

    ~Jirisys ()
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

  10. #190
    Member Member Lysimachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    605

    Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

    Quote Originally Posted by jirisys View Post
    You used a new campaign, I imagine, just for testing?
    Indeed I did. It was always the second turn in the campaign after which it crashed.

    I considered a corrupted download, but I still get the same results after a redownload. I have the CTD fix installed and from the compatible mods and requested fixes I only used the victory conditions (well, and the traits and ancillaries correction, which is the reason I'm here).

    I'm currently just playing without the traits and ancillaries correction, so it isn't any life or death situation.
    Read about glory and decline of the Seleucid Empire... (EB 1.1 AAR)

    from Satalexton from I of the Storm from Vasiliyi

  11. #191
    Member Member SelSel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Fez
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

    Heya, just installed this and noticed 2 problems.

    1. Generally portaits were good except for one. My heir as Arche Seleukeia was wearing something which to me resembled a native american atire?

    2. The watch-tower/town seems to cause CTD when I mouse over, what's causing this? (After building one that is)
    Last edited by SelSel; 02-12-2012 at 07:34. Reason: clarifying

  12. #192
    JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the town where I was born.
    Posts
    1,384

    Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

    Well, I'll look into that. Hopefully it's an isolated problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by SelSel View Post
    Heya, just installed this and noticed 2 problems.

    1. Generally portaits were good except for one. My heir as Arche Seleukeia was wearing something which to me resembled a native american atire?

    2. The watch-tower/town seems to cause CTD when I mouse over, what's causing this? (After building one that is)
    The first is a mod, and it's a mix of the greek and eastern portraits, because, they were eastern and hellenic.

    The second can be fixed, just download the huge red letter fix in the 2nd post.

    ~Jirisys ()
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

  13. #193
    Member Member SelSel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Fez
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

    Yes, but he's the only one with the native american atire.

    Everyone else has persian/hellenic wear.

  14. #194

    Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

    Hi,
    the link for the fix for your mod pack leads to file factory which does not let people download it until they become premium.
    They have a neat little pickup line about all free download slots being taken:)
    Could you possibly post a different link?

  15. #195
    JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the town where I was born.
    Posts
    1,384

    Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

    Yes, been getting that a lot from TWC.

    Guess I'll have to move away from FileFactory.

    CTD fix:
    http://ifile.it/amcp12e/CTD%20Fix.zip

    ~Jirisys ()
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

  16. #196

    Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

    Great, thanks!
    BTW, could you post the 6 TPY mod you mentioned?
    Is it compatible with the megamod?

  17. #197
    JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the town where I was born.
    Posts
    1,384

    Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

    Sure, but it's not for the mod pack, and not today.

    At least not the 1.x versions.

    ~Jirisys ()
    Last edited by jirisys; 03-29-2012 at 21:51.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

  18. #198
    Member Member Blooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

    Question about the installation (using Alex)... you say not to start through Alex's link but to create your own link and edit the properties... but to what?

    clarification:
    DO NOT open EB through ANY shortcut. YOU MUST EDIT IT'S PATH AND STARTUP TO YOUR OWN ONE (***or just create one from your rometw-alex.exe and add the modifiers to that one***)
    What modifiers?
    Last edited by Blooo; 04-07-2012 at 01:55.

  19. #199
    JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the town where I was born.
    Posts
    1,384

    Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

    In the second post, there's a submods that says "Trivial Script for Alex". If you install it, you can run it from the EB link made for 1.2.

    Modifiers are the "-ne, -nm, -noalexander" things you put in the shorcut's target path.

    ~Jirisys ()
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

  20. #200
    Member Member Blooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

    Aah thankya!

    Errr ah got a non filefactory mirror?
    Last edited by Blooo; 04-07-2012 at 02:26.

  21. #201
    JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the town where I was born.
    Posts
    1,384

    Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

    Working on it. Care to wait for a day?

    ~Jirisys ()
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

  22. #202
    Member Member Blooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

    I have a choice?

    But no, I don't mind

    ::edit:: When I try making a shortcut myself (with EBfirst and then your mod installed into regular RTW directory) and add the arguments you posted (-ne, -nm, -noalexander also tried it without commas, and also tried just -noalexander by itself, makes no difference), I start Alexander and get the error "failed to read censored word dictionary file: data//chat_filter.san" if I start Alexander by itself with no arguments it starts jsut fine, but just vanilla Alexander.

    I guess I really don't get how to install this. I've installed your mod into the RTW directory, and it's definitely overwriting the RTW/EB abd RTW/data files, so I'm sure I'm installing to the right location. I'm using the arguments you posted, and it's not working. Not sure what I'm missing here

    I reinstalled EB before trying to install this mod. Currently reinstalling Alexander even tho I've never touched it before.

    ::last edit i swear:: AH well your mod for plain ole rtw/eb works fine. THanks for the hard work!
    Last edited by Blooo; 04-08-2012 at 06:03.

  23. #203
    JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the town where I was born.
    Posts
    1,384

    Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

    All submod links now on ifile.it.

    Hopefully there will be no more problems

    @Blooo
    The problem was that you added the right arguments, but you might have downloaded the RTW version, not the Alex one. That's why it couldn't find the chat_filter.san file, since it's included in the Alex version.

    ~Jirisys ()
    Last edited by jirisys; 04-09-2012 at 01:48.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

  24. #204
    Member Member Blooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

    Thanks for fixing the links!

    And I had first downloaded JRTWAEBMMP1.03.exe, that's for Alex as far as I can tell. Only after I couldn't get it to work did I download JRTWEBMMP1.02.exe for plain ole RTW.

    Trivialscript thing didn't work, oh well, guess this just isn't going to work with Alex for me.

    Thanks for your hard work again tho, enjoying 1.02!
    Last edited by Blooo; 04-11-2012 at 02:38.

  25. #205
    Member Member Jormungand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    58

    Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

    Hi Jirisys, I've installed your modpack, and where is this so-called "Traits and Ancillaries Correction" that someone mentioned earlier up here?
    It's also been giving me CTD problems at the end of the second turn. Would it be one of your mods, or fixes in the second post? I'm stumped.

    Thanks man.

  26. #206
    JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the town where I was born.
    Posts
    1,384

    Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
    Hi Jirisys, I've installed your modpack, and where is this so-called "Traits and Ancillaries Correction" that someone mentioned earlier up here?
    It's also been giving me CTD problems at the end of the second turn. Would it be one of your mods, or fixes in the second post? I'm stumped.

    Thanks man.
    There's a reason you don't see it anymore on the official submods here. Reinstall the Mod pack and all the mods you put except the corrections.

    ~Jirisys ()
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

  27. #207
    Xsaçapāvan é Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    İstanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,402

    Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

    I have really no idea what you have did with your ctd fix but even after I have added RS2 Environments upon your pack it takes around 3-4 hours before my alex version crashes.



    My Submods for EB
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill

  28. #208
    JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the town where I was born.
    Posts
    1,384

    Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

    The Watchtower village mod error that you told me about caused the hover over map errors.

    The New EB 1.2 Quotes from the EB Team made it crash on loading screens (which is not a problem of the mod, it seems even with vanilla EB it crashes) (Which may have been due to some index errors I pointed out, but never really tested it).

    ~Jirisys ()
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

  29. #209
    Member Member Blooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

    Is there an easy way to decrease the movement buff? My family members must be riding hovertanks

  30. #210
    JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the town where I was born.
    Posts
    1,384

    Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Blooo View Post
    Is there an easy way to decrease the movement buff? My family members must be riding hovertanks
    Horses.

    Second Post of the Thread>Regular Movement.

    ~Jirisys ()
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •