Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

I installed 1.03 for alex.exe on a fresh install of eb 1.2.

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

Then I might need to modify the multiplayer part...

~Jirisys (However it will be a loooong, loooooooong time)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

I'll make a seperate install for custom battles and multiplayer until its fixed. Thanks for the help

Just curious, but would it be possible to add a checklist for which mods we'd like to install when we run the installer? I think the sheer amount of added material is messing with my game, causing CTDs far more frequently than they used to happen (mostly before or after battles and when I try to load a savegame). I would like to experiment with which files are installed without having to take the time to DL every single minimod.
    I haven't tried installing this on top of a clean install yet. I installed over Lz3's mini-mod pack so that could be the issue, but idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Biowulf View Post
    Just curious, but would it be possible to add a checklist for which mods we'd like to install when we run the installer? I think the sheer amount of added material is messing with my game, causing CTDs far more frequently than they used to happen (mostly before or after battles and when I try to load a savegame). I would like to experiment with which files are installed without having to take the time to DL every single minimod.
    I haven't tried installing this on top of a clean install yet. I installed over Lz3's mini-mod pack so that could be the issue, but idk.
    That's the problem!

Reinstall EB with a clean install... [removed]

~Jirisys (I don't know how to checklist it however )
    Last edited by Ludens; 02-18-2011 at 12:05. Reason: tone

Lol, do you think it would work with BI too? Although I probably shouldn't try, EB never works when I install BI in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Biowulf View Post
    Lol, do you think it would work with BI too? Although I probably shouldn't try, EB never works when I install BI in there.
    I don't know, try using the RTW pack on BI, Since it's the same files it SHOULD in theory work.

~Jirisys ()

well every time I try installing EB at the same time I have BI installed, it instantly CTDs before the main loading screen comes up. So something's wrong with one of the two, and idc which lol. So I'll test the main, clean RTW.exe I just installed last night (with a nice bit of panicking because my disc wouldn't work) and see what happens.

EDIT: Seems stable so far. I had a bit of a rage attack when I tried playing out a battle as the Casse and the game froze. But the Makedones are a good substitute :D
    Last edited by Biowulf; 02-18-2011 at 21:33.

Sounds like a great pack mate! Great job! I've been looking for something like this, to simplify the setup. I'll give it a try right now

Got a crash in 251 BC on Lustonnan's turn. Lots of units including all horses don't properly work unless the graphics are set to "low". I'm not sure if this is caused by the mod but any tips?

Edit:Used FD to take every single Luso city, it ceased crashing on their turn but then it crashed on the Eleutheroi's turn.
    Last edited by Olaf The Great; 03-02-2011 at 01:16.
    [COLOR="Black"]Jesus's real name was Inuyasha Yashua!
    Any computer made after 1985 has the storage capacity to house an evil spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post
    What I'm showing here is that it doesn't matter how well trained or brave you are, no one can resist an elephant charge in the rear

~Fluvius

Hmm, I like that the pack puts all the mods together, but after playing for almost 2 weeks, I am very dissapointed by the number of CTDs after battles. Basically every second battle will have a CTD which is far more often than the vanilla EB, based on my previous experience. There are quite a few CTDs before starting battles or when loading, but not as many. I am using Alex and playing with Romani in VH/H. Any suggestions?!

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf The Great View Post
    Got a crash in 251 BC on Lustonnan's turn. Lots of units including all horses don't properly work unless the graphics are set to "low". I'm not sure if this is caused by the mod but any tips?

Edit:Used FD to take every single Luso city, it ceased crashing on their turn but then it crashed on the Eleutheroi's turn.
    No, I think you might have a corrupted EB install because it works fine on mine and it doesn't alter neither horse models or their skins.

It's not my fault, most likely an Eleutheroi city is revolting and it causes the CTDs... It happens sometimes with EB, there is a link on bovi (bovi? I think it's bovi's) signature on how to resolve it.

Quote Originally Posted by zamolxe View Post
    Hmm, I like that the pack puts all the mods together, but after playing for almost 2 weeks, I am very dissapointed by the number of CTDs after battles. Basically every second battle will have a CTD which is far more often than the vanilla EB, based on my previous experience. There are quite a few CTDs before starting battles or when loading, but not as many. I am using Alex and playing with Romani in VH/H. Any suggestions?!
    Yes, it is a problem with mods, you can either have some possible solutions:
    Run EB alone without any background program, play it windowed, play with the campaign map zoomed out, set core afinity to any other core (task manager, proceses, right click, set affinity, unmark your first CPU)
    Also, buy more memory. I have the same problem too but I have to swallow it sadly.

~Jirisys ()

It turned out the Eleutheroi's turn crash was caused by "Nautius" constantly responding in around Eburonum because there were two Casse armies just standing around in the area without attacking or going away, so I had to bribe them,conquer the settlement, kill Nautius 2 and 3, and give the settlement to Aedui. Then about 5 turns later it crashed on Sweboz's turn and I gave up and made a new campaign.

I don't think the horse or Pezhetaroi skins are because of a bad install because on low and medium horses appear and at low the pezhetaroi appear. I'm guessing it has something to do with shadows or anti-aliasing, so I'll have to look at that. Oddly it works perfectly on Medieval Total war, not sure about Vanilla RTW.

Anyway, I only posted here because while I was pretty sure it was an EB thing(the crash was confirmed to be that) I thought I should post here because my version was modded with yours and the bug report people wouldn't take it.

Edit:Now I'm having a very odd bug that's only happened in recent turns. If I hover the CURSOR over the Alexandria-Margiane and Baktra border the game randomly crashes. Could this be related to the lack of borders?
    Edit:2 This doesn't seem to happen anymore...odd.
    Last edited by Olaf The Great; 03-06-2011 at 07:43.
    [COLOR="Black"]Jesus's real name was Inuyasha Yashua!
    Any computer made after 1985 has the storage capacity to house an evil spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post
    What I'm showing here is that it doesn't matter how well trained or brave you are, no one can resist an elephant charge in the rear

~Fluvius

Qn Jirisy,

I think everything is working (since I get the increased movement and new splash screen ( :) ) but when do the new ancilliaries appear (eg for KH?).

Thanks

Vermin.

It should only take a few turns, that's all it took for me.

Jirsys, I decided to try your Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2 for RTW Alexander. Wow, Atraphoenix' Realistic Movement Mod really speeds up the game. But I have some issues technical and game-play.

1. Can't launch the game with the Trivial Script links as it seems to be looking for the RTW executable as with the Alexander CD loaded it's saying it's not the right CD. Any idea how to fix this?

So I'm running the game by a direct executable link.

Running a KH campaign and it's Summer 270 BC and I've blitzed around the Aegean Sea and taken Krete, Peloponnesos, Thessalia, Makedonia, Odrysai, and Chersonesos Thrakia. Pontos didn't like that last one and I couldn't get them to agree to a ceasefire (unlike the many ceasefires over their attacking Sinope and Trapezous, which I milked for 1000's of mnai), so I finished the season by taking Bithynia from them. (Should have passed up Byzantion and killed off Makedonia by grabbing Lesbos.) Starting to run out of rope taking 7 provinces in 10 turns.

2. I allied with Eperios who have spread up into Illyria, taking Dardanoia and Dalmatia and are currently eying Thraikia Hypertera and Scorcouw. I expect them to come to blows with Getai. Normally it takes longer for Eperios to grab this much real estate. Is it Pyrrhos and Atraphoenix' Realistic Movement Mod or my alliance with them or both?
    Last edited by Jacke; 03-09-2011 at 02:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Svartormr View Post
    Jirsys, I decided to try your Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2 for RTW Alexander. Wow, Atraphoenix' Realistic Movement Mod really speeds up the game. But I have some issues technical and game-play.

1. Can't launch the game with the Trivial Script links as it seems to be looking for the RTW executable as with the Alexander CD loaded it's saying it's not the right CD. Any idea how to fix this?
    Not read the readme much? I have clearly stated that you cannot run it that way. I should put it better as I know almost no one reads the ReadMe

So I'm running the game by a direct executable link.

Running a KH campaign and it's Summer 270 BC and I've blitzed around the Aegean Sea and taken Krete, Peloponnesos, Thessalia, Makedonia, Odrysai, and Chersonesos Thrakia. Pontos didn't like that last one and I couldn't get them to agree to a ceasefire (unlike the many ceasefires over their attacking Sinope and Trapezous, which I milked for 1000's of mnai), so I finished the season by taking Bithynia from them. (Should have passed up Byzantion and killed off Makedonia by grabbing Lesbos.) Starting to run out of rope taking 7 provinces in 10 turns.

2. I allied with Eperios who have spread up into Illyria, taking Dardanoia and Dalmatia and are currently eying Thraikia Hypertera and Scorcouw. I expect them to come to blows with Getai. Normally it takes longer for Eperios to grab this much real estate. Is it Pyrrhos and Atraphoenix' Realistic Movement Mod or my alliance with them or both?
    Both, wait till you see the sauromatae or hayasdan come to action. Also the fact that they are not wasting resources with a war against makedonia. My main powers in my game are Pontos, Hayasdan, Sauromatae, AS as usual, and Pahlava/Saka.

~Jirisys ()

Hi Jirisys,

I really like the mod but I get very frequent CTDs after battles. Much, much worse than before. It is (I think) always the same error: I did a print screen but I can't get the image back now. IIIRC it says something about "offset ace067" or something similar. A real shame.

Regards

Vermin.

Hello , I am downloading right now the modpack , thank you for your work .

Are there any plans to integrate ΜΑΑ's ( just in case there's another City Mod out there ) City Mod ?

If yes , will this be for both versions of the MEGA pack ?

Satyros
    Last edited by Satyros; 03-13-2011 at 20:48.
    Smell the battle in the wind, before you see us.Winterhorde of furyride, the wind will lead us.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermin View Post
    Hi Jirisys,

I really like the mod but I get very frequent CTDs after battles. Much, much worse than before. It is (I think) always the same error: I did a print screen but I can't get the image back now. IIIRC it says something about "offset ace067" or something similar. A real shame.

Regards

Vermin.
    Very strange indeed, never knew of this...

Quote Originally Posted by Satyros View Post
    Hello , I am downloading right now the modpack , thank you for your work .

Are there any plans to integrate ΜΑΑ's ( just in case there's another City Mod out there ) City Mod ?

If yes , will this be for both versions of the MEGA pack ?

Satyros
    I doubt it, it's not compatible with night battles and lots of unresolved bugs are being reported.

~Jirisys ()

First impressions after playing a bit with ALX.exe and the ALX MEGA pack :

It seems that the game is much more unstable than before ( RTW with EB 1.2 on ) , I had frequent CTD's , including the well known after battle CTD and new , seemingly random ( to me at least ) , CTD's on the campaign map .

The order I installed the files was :

• Total War Gold
    • Alx add-on
    • EB1.1
    • EB1.2
    • MEGA pack for Alx

If there's anythings specific I can do for you , concerning playtesting , let me know , I won't mind for a bit I guess . I should inform you that I have no modding knowledge and/or computer skills so I can't really say I'd be useful .

Still , it's a nice initiative of your part , keep up the good work mate .

Satyros

P.S. : Is the RTW version more stable ?
    Smell the battle in the wind, before you see us.Winterhorde of furyride, the wind will lead us.

Quote Originally Posted by Satyros View Post
    First impressions after playing a bit with ALX.exe and the ALX MEGA pack :

It seems that the game is much more unstable than before ( RTW with EB 1.2 on ) , I had frequent CTD's , including the well known after battle CTD and new , seemingly random ( to me at least ) , CTD's on the campaign map .

The order I installed the files was :

• Total War Gold
    • Alx add-on
    • EB1.1
    • EB1.2
    • MEGA pack for Alx

If there's anythings specific I can do for you , concerning playtesting , let me know , I won't mind for a bit I guess . I should inform you that I have no modding knowledge and/or computer skills so I can't really say I'd be useful .

Still , it's a nice initiative of your part , keep up the good work mate .

Satyros

P.S. : Is the RTW version more stable ?
    I wouldn't bet my life on it, though look on the bright side, when you should be working, frustrating yourself with the crashes makes you get to your job more quickly

~Jirisys ()

Heh , ditto .

Let's hope that eventually a more stable version will come up , since I do believe that most of the contents of the MEGA pack are more than a welcome addition to the supreme mod that EB is .

Again , thank you for the time you put into this .

Cheers .

Satyros

About the CTDs when scrolling: it happens when you pass the cursor over rebel "towers". You have one such near casse in the province of modern Wales if I am not mistaken. Just conquer it quickly and the crashes will stop. Also you have one such near Kangha with Baktria.

Also how to get rid of the floating banners on the battlefield. It annoys me a lot. I tried to change the preferences file to false, but did not work.

Quote Originally Posted by martin-bs View Post
    About the CTDs when scrolling: it happens when you pass the cursor over rebel "towers". You have one such near casse in the province of modern Wales if I am not mistaken. Just conquer it quickly and the crashes will stop. Also you have one such near Kangha with Baktria.

Also how to get rid of the floating banners on the battlefield. It annoys me a lot. I tried to change the preferences file to false, but did not work.
    EB\preferences\preferences.txt\ change the SHOW_BANNERS to False

~Jirisys ()

Hi Jirisys,

The post battle CTD is a real PITA. My error reads in part (when you check the details screen in the error report) "offset 00acae67". No idea what it means but it is the same error I get when I get the occasional pre-battle CTD. Maybe a Windows guru can explain it! I am using potatoheads suggestion regarding setting core affinity and as you sugggested in that post, using core 1 instead of core 0. I am also using the large address aware extension for the RTW-Alex exe file and 3Gig switch for my Windows xp sp 3 system. I have 4G RAM. FWIW I think your Mod is great - that's why I am persevereing with it :) but the CTDs are still a real problem.

Regards

Vermin

Ah, nevermind. I've got it working. But is it compatible with the RS2 texture pack?
    Last edited by Alexandros_III; 03-25-2011 at 04:33.
    What time does not pervert, it destroys outright.
    From this we may conclude that there are no eternal truths, no limitless passions.
    There are only subtle deceptions.

~My brother's new book.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros_III View Post
    Ah, nevermind. I've got it working. But is it compatible with the RS2 texture pack?
    It has it, but only the water. Texture is fine. Battlemap is too ustable, crashes every 3 battles

~Jirisys ()

Hi Jirisy,

I went back to no Large address aware and no 3Gig switch and this greatly reduced my post battle CTDs. Still getting a few pre-battle and other random ones. Especially noticeable is the CTD on clicling "Continue campaign"...

Having said that I really like the mod so if you have any ideas about some of these CTDs please let me know and I can test therm.

Regards

Vermin

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

Does this include the RS textures?
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast