Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

I added the separate mods on the second post, and I posted the corrections for the EDA and EDCT.

More info on 2nd Post.

~Jirisys ()
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

Hi Jirisys,

Thanks for uploading the script fixes.

I have tried using your mod (Alex version) but there do seem to be a lot more CTDs.

Some on mid enemy turn, seome if pressing ESC when the movies are playing and others when scrolling over some parts ofthe map. These are in the early game (in the first five turns) and on a clean new install.

The good news is that the installation itself was painless - but the CTDs make it just not worth the candle.

This is a real shame because I very much appreciate you taking the time and effort to put these popular mods together.

If I could narrow down what was causing all the CTDs I might be able to get a game running (after all, it could be just one little thing causing all the trouble) but I can't pin it down.

Regards

Vermin

Quote Originally Posted by Vermin View Post
    Hi Jirisys,

Thanks for uploading the script fixes.

I have tried using your mod (Alex version) but there do seem to be a lot more CTDs.

Some on mid enemy turn, seome if pressing ESC when the movies are playing and others when scrolling over some parts ofthe map. These are in the early game (in the first five turns) and on a clean new install.

The good news is that the installation itself was painless - but the CTDs make it just not worth the candle.

This is a real shame because I very much appreciate you taking the time and effort to put these popular mods together.

If I could narrow down what was causing all the CTDs I might be able to get a game running (after all, it could be just one little thing causing all the trouble) but I can't pin it down.

Regards

Vermin
    You and several hundreds, including me.

~Jirisys ()

Hi,

I'm getting a CTD during the AI moves, just before my next turn starts. I'm due for the polybian reforms next turn. Might that have something to do with it?

Hi!

I have, with a lot of patience and many, many dozens of CTD's, reached 170 BCE. Polybian and Marian reforms triggered as expected.
    Although it has been a rough sail, to say the least, it has been well worth it. I have had a very good EB experience. So thank you Jirsys! In spite of its shortcomings, I have really enjoyed the mod. I will continue to push on (and though CTD's ;)) as the Romani.

For anyone who wants to give it a shot, my advice is to quicksave (ctrl S) often, both during and at the end of turns. And if you are attacked during the AI's phase, save through the menu (ESC - save game).

HI, I just installed this mega mod and I noticed that in the strategic map there are no borders separating the provinces. How can I revert that?

Quote Originally Posted by jerjes78 View Post
    HI, I just installed this mega mod and I noticed that in the strategic map there are no borders separating the provinces. How can I revert that?
    Hard to do so. I don't have the original files :/

~Jirisys ()

Yea it also annonyme that you can see your border why there even created that submod?

It is better to create than to learn! Creating is the essence of life.
    "Julius Caesar"

Quote Originally Posted by Barabbas View Post
    Hi!

I have, with a lot of patience and many, many dozens of CTD's, reached 170 BCE. Polybian and Marian reforms triggered as expected.
    Although it has been a rough sail, to say the least, it has been well worth it. I have had a very good EB experience. So thank you Jirsys! In spite of its shortcomings, I have really enjoyed the mod. I will continue to push on (and though CTD's ;)) as the Romani.

For anyone who wants to give it a shot, my advice is to quicksave (ctrl S) often, both during and at the end of turns. And if you are attacked during the AI's phase, save through the menu (ESC - save game).
    BTW, I use the Alex version. I'm into 165 BCE and none of the marian "named legions" are recruitable. Not a big deal, just thought I would see if anyone knows whether they work or not.

BTW, I use the Alex version. I'm into 165 BCE and none of the marian "named legions" are recruitable. Not a big deal, just thought I would see if anyone knows whether they work or not.
    Damn, I played this submod exclusively for that purpose. Keep us with updates about that specific issue barabbas

Have you upgraded the MIC?

~Jirisys ()

Quote Originally Posted by jirisys View Post
    Have you upgraded the MIC?

~Jirisys ()
    Yes, in a few places.
    Just to be clear, the EB marian legions are recruitable, the Roma Surrectum marian-era legions aren't so far.

I mentioned Jonesoft software could help on multi-mods awhile back. Here is screen shots of two I use currently. IL-2 Sturmavik: 6 mods I activated 2, this is mandatory for the Ultra-Pack mod which requires itself to be activated with the JSGME.

The other is for Silent Hunter III with 24 mods of which 9 are activated. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	197 
Size:	667.5 KB 
ID:	3256
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jonesoft.png 
Views:	145 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	3255  

Quote Originally Posted by samba_liten View Post
    Hi,

I'm getting a CTD during the AI moves, just before my next turn starts. I'm due for the polybian reforms next turn. Might that have something to do with it?
    Any idea about a solution? I'd hate to have to restart again.

Quote Originally Posted by samba_liten View Post
    Any idea about a solution? I'd hate to have to restart again.
    Look here:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...ng-around-them

It's the same engine, same solution (last one from crash recovery).

~Jirisys ()

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Easterner View Post
    I mentioned Jonesoft software could help on multi-mods awhile back. Here is screen shots of two I use currently. IL-2 Sturmavik: 6 mods I activated 2, this is mandatory for the Ultra-Pack mod which requires itself to be activated with the JSGME.

The other is for Silent Hunter III with 24 mods of which 9 are activated. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	197 
Size:	667.5 KB 
ID:	3256
    The problem with that is that it can't handle two mods to alter the same file, it just replaces it.

Also, it needs to be installed apart from the EB mod pack.

I have a plan though

~Jirisys ()

Quote Originally Posted by jerjes78 View Post
    http://www.filefactory.com/file/c019...ers_in_Map.zip

Just paste this file in your RTW folder. NOT YOUR EB FOLDER. Your RTW one, where RTW.exe is in.

~Jirisys ()

I'm having that problem too. It can be a good idea posting that archive in the main post, just in case someone else had that problem. And please, can you upload it to another page? Filefactory don't let me download the file... :( (well, probably this is a problem of filefactory. I'll try again later, or tomorrow)

Another problem that can have to do with this, is that in the battle map there is no red border. I can live with it, but it would be great to fix it.

Greetings, and thanks to all team for all the EB mods (that's my first post, I had to say it). xD
    Last edited by Zeros; 12-27-2011 at 12:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeros View Post
    I'm having that problem too. It can be a good idea posting that archive in the main post, just in case someone else had that problem. And please, can you upload it to another page? Filefactory don't let me download the file... :( (well, probably this is a problem of filefactory. I'll try again later, or tomorrow)

Another problem that can have to do with this, is that in the battle map there is no red border. I can live with it, but it would be great to fix it.

Greetings, and thanks to all team for all the EB mods (that's my first post, I had to say it). xD
    I'm not in my house right now, or even in the city, won't be for a while. So can't reupload.

I will edit the main post with them links.

It's not a problem. It's a mod. And the package fixes only the aerial map borders. I can't give you a fix for the other thing until January 10sth, so remind me then.

Thank the EB community for the mods, thank the EB team for THE mod to control all mods.

~Jirisys ()

So I was thinking, what do you guys think if the mod pack had it's own separate forum, where you could flood it with bug reports, and a odd mod suggestion. Plus some advances made in the JEBMMP 2.0 made by me. Of course, the most important thing, you could help me with some things and you would be immortalized in the game's and mod's credits.

Now, if that would be fruitful, is another thing.

So I'll make a poll, to ask thine opinion, I want you to answer it now. Yes. Now.

Ok, so I'm not gonna make a poll, you can stop wondering why in the hell there isn't any poll on this thread. I didn't make it. There.

I just want you to answer me if you think this is a great thing and could be useful, or it's just a delusion of grandeur because I could install phpbb3 in a website successfully.

Just say what you think about this new idea I had.

~Jirisys ()
    Last edited by jirisys; 01-05-2012 at 08:18.

This thread is only 3 pages long. Would you bring the mountain to the donkey, or ride the donkey to the mountain? Similarly, would you build a forum for a few handfuls of posts, or would you leave them where they be?
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post
    This thread is only 3 pages long. Would you bring the mountain to the donkey, or ride the donkey to the mountain? Similarly, would you build a forum for a few handfuls of posts, or would you leave them where they be?
    Spare me the pleasantries old man, as it is clear you have not seen the greatness beyond your eyes. You are as uninformed as a blind man describing a landscape. You have not measured the entire span of my kingdom, only what borders you are aware of.

In all seriousness now, the TWC thread has 14 pages, add to that the PMs that I receive. Not something impressive at all, but much larger than what you implied.

That is why I doubted the fruitfulness of the whole thing, and why I haven't made any rash decisions yet.

Also, I added some new requested fixes.

~Jirisys ()
    Last edited by jirisys; 01-10-2012 at 18:58.

I had many ctds with your mod on alex with RS2 enviroments but when I applied quotes fix (Say NO to ctds - Julius) and village fix from twc forum there was no problem for 7 hour of playing(big battles, heroic victories, 10 years in baktria campaign). Not even one ctd.
    Last edited by Dudok22; 01-17-2012 at 01:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudok22 View Post
    I had many ctds with your mod on alex with RS2 enviroments but when I applied quotes fix (Say NO to ctds - Julius) and village fix from twc forum there was no problem for 7 hour of playing(big battles, heroic victories, 10 years in baktria campaign). Not even one ctd.
    Well, I'm glad.

Hope to do a terminal fix for this issue.

~Jirisys ()

Hello there Jirisys. Your phalanx mod also gives the short_pike attribute to phalanx units with 2 weapons correct. When I did this, the unit often glitched and would never use the 2nd weapon. ie. Babylonian Heavy Spearmen with the short_pike attribute would always use the spear and never use the mace. Does this still happen or did you find a way around this problem?
    "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind...but there is one thing that science cannot accept - and that is a personal God who meddles in the affairs of his creation."
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
    Hello there Jirisys. Your phalanx mod also gives the short_pike attribute to phalanx units with 2 weapons correct. When I did this, the unit often glitched and would never use the 2nd weapon. ie. Babylonian Heavy Spearmen with the short_pike attribute would always use the spear and never use the mace. Does this still happen or did you find a way around this problem?
    I made a new version, only giving the pseudo-hoplite/phalangites the "spear" attribute. If you want it...

http://www.filefactory.com/file/c2b7...descr_unit.txt

Also, would you want to use ifile.it instead of FileFactory to download the fixes and whatnot?

Also again, very important.

Hopeful fixes for the constant CTDs can be downloaded in the second post. Just follow the instructions on the post, and hopefully your mod will be less CTD-ish.

~Jirisys ()

Terrible Tactician Member Shadowwalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jirisys View Post
    Use the mother of all bug fixes in the second post. No more crashes. Hopefully.
    Err .... *hangs head in shame* .... you should have used a more eye-catching colour than bright red?
    Or more seriously - I can't believe I didn't see that fix...
    Thanks for making me aware, jirisys. :)
    Well.... new installation! And finger-crossing...

EDIT:
    Whoohooo!
    Seems to work!
    Now let's try to install the RSII textures over it.
    Anyway - thanks again, jirisys!
    Last edited by Shadowwalker; 01-27-2012 at 21:57.
    Finished EB Campaigns: Kart-Hadast 1.0/1.2 | Pontos 1.1 | Arche Seleukeia 1.2 | Hayasdan 1.2 | Sab'yn 1.2 | Makedonia 1.2 (Alex)
    Lost Campaigns (1.2, Alex. exe): Getai | Sab'Yn
    Ongoing campaigns (1.2): SPQR (110 BC) | Sab'yn (217 BC) | Pontos (215 BC)
    from Populus Romanus

"The state of human ethics can be summarized in two sentences: We ought to. But we don't." (Tucholsky)

Terrible Tactician Member Shadowwalker's Avatar

After playing quite a few hours (about 40-50 I believe, thanks to a few free days ) with your patch installed I can happily confirm that there is a significant increase in stability.
    Infact I didn't have a single crash in all those hours (even when I fought 4 battles - 2 of them ending with heroic victories and the capture of a city - in one AI turn).
    Splendid work!
    Installing Hannibal Smith's RS II environment as a final step in the installation (after the patch) seems to work without problems so far.
    The AI is a lot better.
    Playing a Hayasdan campaign at the moment and been allied to Pahlava from start. Now it's 206 and the alliance still holds - despite the fact that we share a rather long border for some decades already.
    Overall there is no steamrolling faction yet (except Hayasdan - I own most of Asia Minor and Syria/Mesopotamia by now) and only one faction was destroyed (Lusotannans made the grave mistake to attack the Kart-Hadastim and paid for that - they had no chance against the african phalanxes).

Another thing I can confirm is not as splendid though: the Romani just reached the Marian reforms and checking their new MIC's in Italy didn't show any of the RS legions.
    I personally am perfectly fine with that (since I'm not too fond of those dozens of different legion units) but some others may consider this a bad thing...
    Finished EB Campaigns: Kart-Hadast 1.0/1.2 | Pontos 1.1 | Arche Seleukeia 1.2 | Hayasdan 1.2 | Sab'yn 1.2 | Makedonia 1.2 (Alex)
    Lost Campaigns (1.2, Alex. exe): Getai | Sab'Yn
    Ongoing campaigns (1.2): SPQR (110 BC) | Sab'yn (217 BC) | Pontos (215 BC)
    from Populus Romanus

"The state of human ethics can be summarized in two sentences: We ought to. But we don't." (Tucholsky)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowwalker View Post
    Another thing I can confirm is not as splendid though: the Romani just reached the Marian reforms and checking their new MIC's in Italy didn't show any of the RS legions.
    I personally am perfectly fine with that (since I'm not too fond of those dozens of different legion units) but some others may consider this a bad thing...
    I've had that said before. But I imagine you downloaded the Alex version right?

Did they upgrade their MIC to the marian ones in all their regions?

~Jirisys ()

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast