Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

hey jirisy, good to see youre still keeping an eye on this thread despite its age, i read earlier in the thread you were looking for a fix for the village mod? i just did a clean install of your modpack and the villages show up as towers, despite when i mouse over them it says "village" any idea why?

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

Very weird, that is an installation problem, it seems the mod files didn't copy at all, so you are getting the default ones.

Try Installing over the last install.

~Jirisys ()
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

will that affect my save game tho, + other mods that i installed after megamod pack?

Hopefully not, just in case, make a backup.

Other mods? Certainly.

You could also just look at the Village Watchtower mod thread (linked in the first post) and try to make it yourself.

~Jirisys ()

Member Member Eastern Foot-Rocker's Avatar

Hello Jirisy,

How can i revert your Polybian Triarii and Pedites Extraordinarii Unit Size Correction? I have tried it in the export_descr_unit.txt alredy, but it does not work. Unit size turns from 40 to your 20 automatically. Do i have to modify another files, too?

EB\sp game edu backup\

~Jirisys ()

Member thankful for this post:

New submod section added to this EB submod, so you can mod mods, while your mod your mods.

Second post, near the end of the post.

~Jirisys ()

Jirisys how can i fix the problem that the Eleutheroi take all they stacks and leave one single unit in garrison?

It is better to create than to learn! Creating is the essence of life.
    "Julius Caesar"

That is due to the "Realistic movement" mod. There's a fix in the second post, section "Requested Fixes", look for the one for the mod.

~Jirisys ()

Hi Jirisys,

First of all thanks for your mod - the new fix makes it 10x more playable now. I have two questions: will Hannibal Smith's RSII textures work on top of an already installed ALX Mega Mod Pack? Also, as people have been reporting fullstacks moving out of cities with the Realistic Movement Mod, would you recommend playing with this mod activated or no?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
    Hi Jirisys,

First of all thanks for your mod - the new fix makes it 10x more playable now. I have two questions: will Hannibal Smith's RSII textures work on top of an already installed ALX Mega Mod Pack? Also, as people have been reporting fullstacks moving out of cities with the Realistic Movement Mod, would you recommend playing with this mod activated or no?

Thanks
    Some people have said that it does work, but I reccomend backing up your files before you try.

Well, whatever suits your need. Do you want fast campaigns and not taking 10 years to go from Italy to Persia. Or if you want a slower campaign. Whatever suits your taste.

~Jirisys ()

Just wanted to say thanks for your work in helping us enjoy our game even more.

No questions. No complaints... not yet anyway :)

Seems to work fine with steam. Looking good so far.

I did rage quit when an enemy general (Hellenic bodyguard cav) refused to die while being surrounded by 200 hoplites and cost me the battle. Is this supposed to be normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimnbo View Post
    Seems to work fine with steam. Looking good so far.

I did rage quit when an enemy general (Hellenic bodyguard cav) refused to die while being surrounded by 200 hoplites and cost me the battle. Is this supposed to be normal?
    For EB? Yes.

~Jirisys ()

Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack v. 1.0 for EB 1.2.

Quote Originally Posted by jirisys View Post
    They are 100% compatible, just paste it into your RTW\ folder.

First. Victory Conditions images for the Victory Conditions mod. (I've altered the VCs a tad, but it's fully SGC).

http://ifile.it/cye5jw4
    Sorry if I'm a little daft but I can't see a Victory Conditions mod in your list-of-mods.
    Is such a mod included or will I have to get said mod from elsewhere (also, where do I find it? Is it the one talked about in this thread

Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack v. 1.0 for EB 1.2.

It is included in the separate download, not the actual mod pack, so you don't need to get it elsewhere.

~Jirisys ()

May be I've missed where this problem has been fixed, but I can't start a new campaign:

I click start new campaign and a box comes up telling me to select an item from the list...

I've had EB running on the Alexander engine about a year ago no problem, and I've come back to it and would like to try your mod, but I can't start a game.

*Installed mod on clean install of RTW, Alex, EB 1.1, then 1.2, then fixes plus CTD fix.

Ideas?

The link to the must have fix for the new quotes and watchtower village mod is broke...

Has the fix been updated into the main download?

It's not broken for me.

Not yet, I've been incredibly busy.

~Jirisys ()

Sorry Jirisys total error on my part didn't realise how filecloud worked... I requested the download ticket and I've got the files fine!

Thanks for this great mod bundle!

I have a bit of a problem with the mod during battles. I don't know why, but on the batlemap, after I hit start deployment (or whatever the name is) the camera starts to drift slowly off the map. If I hit a moment key the view changes to a blue sky with intermittent flashing images of one part of the battlefield, seen from high above. I cannot bring the camera back to the map using movement keys, and if I click the general's portrait or double-click a unit, it crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by julius_caesar_the_first View Post
    I have a bit of a problem with the mod during battles. I don't know why, but on the batlemap, after I hit start deployment (or whatever the name is) the camera starts to drift slowly off the map. If I hit a moment key the view changes to a blue sky with intermittent flashing images of one part of the battlefield, seen from high above. I cannot bring the camera back to the map using movement keys, and if I click the general's portrait or double-click a unit, it crashes.
    That is the weirdest bug I've ever seen. And I have no idea how to solve it or replicate it.

~Jirisys ()

Well, I've actually managed to fix it and it seems it was my mistake to begin with that caused it.

First, this is a video of the bug in action. I made it just in case you didn't believe me. I was after all the strangest bug I've ever had, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv85...ature=youtu.be

Now for how I got rid of it.

I'm playing the game with Alex.exe and trivial script, and each time I started up the game I got this error message:

At first I just wanted to copy the missing files from my EB folder, but then I thought that maybe the missing files were different from the ones I already had. So I though that copying them would only hide the error message. Apparently I was wrong and one or all of those files were somehow responsible for my bug.

EDIT: Never mind, it's still there
    Last edited by julius_caesar_the_first; 11-21-2012 at 19:46.

Copy those files from your EB\Data folder into the \sp game edu backup and \mp game edu backup as well.

~Jirisys ()

Hi Jirisys,

Thanks for the mod. I did a whole bunch of things to mine back in the day but I did it all by hand like you, now I just need to install your mod and I get what I did and then some. Very useful. The only thing I add on top are Darth Stalin's texture models for the Imperial Romani troops (not that you really see them in an average campaign). I wished to see if I got them working or not, but unfortunately playing a custom game is faced with a significant problem as mentioned on page 2 by Mukai:

After replacing the SP EDU with the MP an error on startup reads "Script Error in eb/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 7448, column 45 Unknown unit type specified: legio I germanica"

I'd fix it myself but I don't know how you wove all of these mods together and frankly so long as I can play the campaigns I'm satisfied. You mentioned that you "might need to modify the multiplayer part" and that it would take a while. I've tried both the MP EDU that came with your mod and the trivial script update, neither work, same error. There was also a significant size discrepancy between the two (200kb to ~400kb), which I thought was curious. Thoughts?

The problem is that since you renamed the entry from the export_descr_units, the buildings (barracks) still have the name from the old one. So either rename it to how it was in the export_descr_units, or change the name in the export_descr_backup (and export_units in the text folder if you want them to have descriptions).

~Jirisys ()

Sorry Jirisys, but that was just gibberish to me. It gave me enough of a clue to go poking around in the EDU for the legion names, however, and I discovered that the problem was quite simple. They were missing from the multiplayer EDU. A simple copy and paste later and voila, it worked. I've uploaded three versions.

One for a 'vanilla' install of your mod; one with Darth Stalin's models integrated; one for the Trivial Script that you released.

I've 'tested' the DS version (i.e. the models came up fine in a custom battle). I'll let other people test the alternative versions, but I'm pretty confident there should be no trouble, though I'll keep an eye on the thread in case it proves otherwise.

The image below provides some proof. Cheers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	proof.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	528.7 KB 
ID:	7960
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Seer7; 11-23-2012 at 15:57. Reason: added pic

From the looks of things, the bug has nothing to do with this mod. I did a clean reinstall of the whole game and it seemed to pop up in plain EB as well. I can't rally explain it since I had EB on this computer years ago and it worked normally. All I've changed in the mean time is adding some extra RAM's. Fortunately in most battles it's just some drifting of the camera to some random location.

Can anyone help me installing this mod on RTW Alex on steam? i cant seem to make it work,
    Ser mineiro é, antes de tudo, um estado de espírito.

El bien perdido

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwfhJy6JwPg
    A don Jose! Oriental en la vida e en la muerte tambien!

You need to set the launch options for it to work. Right click the game in your library and go to properties, then 'set launch options' to this: -mod:eb -show_err -nm -noalexander

Should work. Add -ne in there if you want to play in windowed mode.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast